Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. (1732 Views)

10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / Refusal To Respect Single-term Agreement Caused Pdp’s Defeat – Gov. Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by naijasaints: 7:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Let the truth be told,70% of igbo millionaires made it in lagos which simply means the state has been favourable to them in their biz.So i think igbos should respect the opinion of the lagos Oba cos to be honest Yorubas are accomodating,thats why igbos spend 350days in lagos every year.
My dear Igbos,lets respect the Yorubas so they wont start discrimination against us.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 07, 2015
And without the IGBOS, Lagos would have been a tiny,formal Capital territory struggling for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2015
naijasaints:
Let the truth be told,70% of igbo millionaires made it in lagos which simply means the state has been favourable to them in their biz.So i think igbos should respect the opinion of the lagos Oba cos to be honest Yorubas are accomodating,thats why igbos spend 350days in lagos every year.
My dear Igbos,lets respect the Yorubas so they wont start discrimination against us.
am not igbo oo but so u like been a slave..nawa oo..Lmaoo

So u enjoy slavery..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by paycash: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2015
I don't like the Oba for that altrance but I appeal to all Igbo to embrace peace , progress and development this time victory came to Nigeria.

PDP had been sabotaged Lagos efforts since 1999 till today and this Oba should not use politics with bitterness to destroy what Igbo,Yoruba and other tribes suffered together in the hands of PDP that now lead to breakthrough, If Lagos now became opposition what is the meaning of AD to ACN to APC which is now a ruling party.

Let's work together with Federal and build Lagos for tomorrow .

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by laplace12(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2015
This is one Nigeria. There is nothing like another mans land.

In the same Nigeria? People who make these statements should be arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by tollu: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Sorry Cococandy, you will see my mentions a lot courtesy of the quote below.

cococandy:
[size=18pt]you guys should keep on fueling the fires of hate and anarchy. When the it starts burning, it will consume all iof you and there will be nothing left for your children that is if any of you survive to procreate.
It looks like a joke now.
Yoruba against Igbo
Igbo against Yoruba.
Small small all of you are using the social media to fan the flames of war. Look at other African counties where religion and tribe is causing so much unrest and see that you're following their pattern.
God help you guys. When it starts, all the politicians and the rich people will flee abroad with their families and you would be left to live the horror of it with your innocent children torn apart limb by limb and your wives raped and murdered in your presence.

Keep on being xtupid. Thank you very much.
[/size]
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 07, 2015
Tah! Labbish.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by swaggzo(m): 8:01am On Apr 07, 2015
THE IGBOS HAVE STAY THERE FOR TOO LONG. .
ALMOST INHERITED THE WHOLE LAND.

NOW THEY THINK ITS THEIRS!
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by cococandy(f): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2015
tollu:
Sorry Cococandy, you will see my mentions a lot courtesy of the quote below.

it is ok smiley

You can mention it on other threads if possible.
Nairaland airheads think war is a game on iPhone.

If your parents or grandparents recount war horrors to you eh, you will shiver at what these ones are naively pushing this country into.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by bewla(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2015
No matter what i stand by my king if the igbo fill
they are treating or cos let them do the right thing
u can not come in to some one home and
challenge him to fight
now they say lagos is no mans land very soon u
will claim oyo ogun and ondo ekiti is also no man
land
if u are born eat drink whit hausa or igbo man in is
land does that make u one of them if u challenge
the or provoke them u no the rest .
stop this nonsense just go out on Saturday vote
who u like
pls and pls stop the insult on the king
and if u believe in the spirit of the land and u think
his cox can drive u in to the lagoon dont go to
island stay in your mainland .
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2015
swaggzo:
THE IGBOS HAVE STAY THERE FOR TOO LONG. .
ALMOST INHERITED THE WHOLE LAND.

NOW THEY THINK ITS THEIRS!

Are you afraid they are inheriting/buying the whole land? Are they holding yorubas hostage or at gun point to inherit their land? Please explain this to me because it seems like yorubas are selling their land and property to the Igbos freely because they need the money.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by naijasaints: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
am not igbo oo but so u like been a slave..nawa oo..Lmaoo

So u enjoy slavery..
Its not slavery,its just respecting the tradition of your host community.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by PointB: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2015
@op,

What Igbos need to do is to respect the constitution of Nigeria including exercising their civic duties without let or hindrance!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Rapmoney(m): 8:26am On Apr 07, 2015
naijasaints:
Go boil granites abeg!!! Who made you a spoke person for the Igbo race? Are Lagosians in other parts of Nigeria pressured or intimidated by indigenes in those places to vote or not vote a particular candidate? Are you this chicken-hearted? Oba should go and eat shi.t in the bush for all I care!!! This is DEMOCRACY!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by kingthreat(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2015
Tydies:
And without the IGBOS, Lagos would have been a tiny,formal Capital territory struggling for survival.

Lol, so you built Lagos? You are insane. How come none of your states is 1/10th of Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Tydies:
you're just a fool. lagos has been existing before we were even merged. lagos was programmed for success with her environments and geographical location. you only came to find food and you were given, now u wanted the whole pot. you guys are just pained that yorubas always win no matter your unintelligent approach to things, and your violent prowess. come Saturday, APC will win again. i wish you can endure the next four years without hanging your thin neck with a clothing line

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by MbaanabaraAgu(m): 9:00am On Apr 07, 2015
bewla:
No matter what i stand by my king if the igbo fill
they are treating or cos let them do the right thing
u can not come in to some one home and
challenge him to fight
now they say lagos is no mans land very soon u
will claim oyo ogun and ondo ekiti is also no man
land
if u are born eat drink whit hausa or igbo man in is
land does that make u one of them if u challenge
the or provoke them u no the rest .
stop this nonsense just go out on Saturday vote
who u like
pls and pls stop the insult on the king
and if u believe in the spirit of the land and u think
his cox can drive u in to the lagoon dont go to
island stay in your mainland .
Mumu. You think Igbos are in Lagos because it's a Yoruba state? We are only there by virtue of Lagos being a formal Federal capital. How many Igbos can you find in other Yoruba states apart from Lagos?
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by naijasaints: 9:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Rapmoney:
Go boil granites abeg!!! Who made you a spoke person for the Igbo race? Are Lagosians in other parts of Nigeria pressured or intimidated by indigenes in those places to vote or not vote a particular candidate? Are you this chicken-hearted? Oba should go and eat shi.t in the bush for all I care!!! This is DEMOCRACY!
Wait for the day a Yoruba man will contest and win elections in Anambra state before you start planting this seed of discord.Learn to respect your host community,so many Yorubas in Igbo land are well behaved.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2015
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Boss13: 9:23am On Apr 07, 2015
naijasaints:

What kind of stupid talk is this. Lagos was once a capital and the reason for the migration. Would the indigenes of Abuja wake up to start talking trash? Are Igbos the only ethnic group in Lagos?
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by naijasaints: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2015
If your host community is complaining about your attitude,then change if u want to remain there.I implore my fellow igbos to behave cos igbos wont allow any Yoruba insult their Obi.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2015
I won't exchange words with an imp like.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
We made lagos what it is today..''Positively''
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by brize(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015
Lol, see this confused seth of tribes o (yoruba & hausa) no be una talk say we too like biafra and that we should embrace Nigeria because we are one Nigeria and should not break out... Did we complain? NO!!
.We are now everywhere in Nigeria and seeing ourselves as one Nigeria which you guys preached before though lagos was unfortunate cos we are too many over there and you guys i guess are afraid, and are now telling us to go back to onitsha and Aba, LOL are we not one nigeria again We are not going anywhere, we gonna stay in Nigeria.... IT'S 1 NIGERIA and it suppose to be a no mans land..... Come to onitsha and Aba and other cities to hustle and see if your laziness will allow you do that..
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by omazus: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Thank you. The Igbo made Lagos what it is.
Tydies:
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by AgentMS: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Tinubu and Fashola caused this nonsense.

That is why Awolowo was and is still the greatest Yoruba man.

The Sage can see into the future like a seer.

He knew what the antics of the future would be and he mitigated by dumping Azikiwe back into alaigbo.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by omazus: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
You are not an IGBO at all. And one OBA was allowed to insult up to 30 EZES and that is right.
naijasaints:
If your host community is complaining about your attitude,then change if u want to remain there.I implore my fellow igbos to behave cos igbos wont allow any Yoruba insult their Obi.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by AgentMS: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Tydies:

Before Igbos, there was Lagos and after them, there will still be Lagos.

You waka come.there without any body begging you to come or you heard that Lagos is doing Immigration Lottery?
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by sinkhole: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Ibos will never respect Lagos untill what made them respect Kano starts happening to them in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2015
I am not a tribe. I am Nigeria. But if you throw me into the lagoon, nah you go still come beg me make you join us for that lagoon.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by T9ksy(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
sinkhole:
Ibos will never respect Lagos untill what made them respect Kano starts happening to them in Lagos!

GBABE!!!!

That's the only language they comprehend-violence.

Tick, tock, tick , tock............slowly and surely we 're getting there.
Re: Igbos Need To Respect Lagos. by olaboy001(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Tydies:
Real idio.t

(1) (2) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) Fayose Renovates Ewi Of Ado Ekiti’s Palace / Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri On Independence Day (Photos) / Photos: Buhari & His Delegation In A Bilateral Meeting With Chinese President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.