Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' (52101 Views)

Breaking: Igbo Traders Condemn Biafra Protests/nnamdi Kanu In Strongest Terms / Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by opositive(m): 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is not the right thing for the Oba to say. However his declaration is not backed by the APC. In fact, it has been strongly condemned. We all know our Igbo brothers and sisters are the commercial life blood of Lagos. Their business acumen is unrivaled in the whole of Nigeria. I still belive in Ambode and I am voting for him
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:

ok, now he is campaigning for jimi abi? are you now insinuating that the oba lied that he was the one that chose ambode according to the video?
"Some words are foolish but the intelligent
people deeply understand it"-nelson mandela
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
hayatou27:
Now Igbos want to hold our hands in our Land, I swear to God they will not finish watching this movie, Igbos will run kaba kaba....Don't push us to the wall. Lagos is not Aba or Onitsha....We have endured for too long, if a stranger has over stayed he too will be behaving like house owner....this is not a treat but you cant determine our fate in Lagos , Hausa respect themselves in Lagos...Igbos kilode....Eniduro wotan...

Hausa's respect themselves in Lagos you say, but is it not the same Hausa's that are fighting and killing Yoruba's in idi Araba? The reason why Hausa's/Fulani's have not taken over Lagos the way they did kwara is because of the presence of other tribes from the ss and se. they know ss and se will not allow their rule by force mentality in Lagos. so be glad.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by paullo20: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Fashola's Judgment is that Ambode is not the chosen one. hence the refusal to support him during the primaries. the same reason he sacked him from his government.

Ambo sorry o. Try 2019 again.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
"Some words are foolish but the intelligent
people deeply understand it"-nelson mandela

I have heard you. we will vote for ambode but better warn that your oba that likes wahala.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by NobleG1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ambode, where were you since your godfather made that st*upid threat? Why now?
It's a little too late and you're going down.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:

I have heard you. we will vote for ambode but better warn that your oba that likes wahala.
Forget all what you read on nairaland or what the oba said,there are so many yorubas that still love the igbos,I am a yóruba guy and I have five friends,four of them are igbos and one is from delta state,even myself and them do make jest of each other concerning our tribes but it is just a joking matter,trust me the same people that come on nairaland and claim they hate the igbos even have close friends that are igbos and some even do business with them for years,ask yourself if they truly hate the igbos why are the friends with the same igbos??my brother be wise...don't make them deceive you that yorubas hate igbos because odikwa risky!!!!!!yorubas deep inside of them don't hate igbos but their egos will not make some of them admit the truth....

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Keegan: 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
baysol:

why are we at loggerheads because of Igbo aliens from the east? this people are not worth all this chaos all over the place. Are they the only ones we are hosting inthe west to pit brother against each other for. Yoruba people must understand that this people represent distraction and destruction but we need to strategize to dislodge this cancer from our midst ASAP.

Yes o! It is now an open secret for other Yorubas that regard ibos as confidants. Ever since the lost suffered during the civil war, their main objective it to wreck havoc in our midst. Their body language had betrayed them.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by espn(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
Forget all what you read on nairaland or what the oba said,there are so many yorubas that still love the igbos,I am a yóruba guy and I have five friends,four of them are igbos and one is from delta state,even myself and them do make jest of each other concerning our tribes but it is just a joking matter,trust me the same people that come on nairaland and claim they hate the igbos even have close friends that are igbos and some even do business with them for years,ask yourself if they truly hate the igbos why are the friends with the same igbos??my brother be wise...don't make them deceive you that yorubas hate igbos because odikwa risky!!!!!!yorubas deep inside of them don't hate igbos but their egos will not make some of them admit the truth....
true talk bro..i don't hate dem oo..i so much believe in 1nigeria..buh some of dem gets on our nerves. silence ain't golden all d time.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:

Ok. and am glad that pat utomi is trying to clear the air on this issue. hope buhari, obj and ameachi will dose the tension further b4 election day.

I supported PDP in the presidency and since gej has accepted defeat then I have no choice than to support APC in Lagos.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:

Ok. and am glad that pat utomi is trying to clear the air on this issue. hope buhari, obj and ameachi will dose the tension further b4 election day.

I supported PDP in the presidency and since gej has accepted defeat then I have no choice than to support APC in Lagos.
Even goodluck jonathan is now supporting and encouraging buhari for the sake of "one nigeria"that is how it should be,we are nigerians first before any tribe,when you travel out of this country they don't care about your tribe but what they care about is "if you are a nigerian"na for here we dey carry tribe matter put for head....
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Ayopercent(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dear Lagosian,
Yoruba,s are very decent and reasonable people.
No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on
in Lagos.
We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU. But
let ask ourselves one important question, WHY IS
OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS?
My answers are:
1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS
OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.
2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS-
IFEANYI UBAH
3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH
DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.
4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI
AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM
5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY
GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO
MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,
1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE
MENTIONED?
2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR
CABINET IN THE EAST?
4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE
NO MAN,S LAND?
5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION
OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?
My conclusion: We have been living together as
brothers for years in peace. You must respect our
tradition and institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop
jumping around Lagos beating drums of war.
GOD BLESS YORUBA AND IGBO
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Cholls(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Omg! So not appropriate.
grin grin grin grin

@Topic: I thought Oba Akiolu has come back to retract his exact statement?

I am 100% Ibo dear and am so for APC.
please don't generalize. Not all of us were even born during the civil war so no need to make it a point of reference.
my brother there is an adage that says 'o ma n gba iya baba lara omo'
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Kriptic: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Foolish Oba. Does he think he is our host? This is Nigeria and we don't need a visa to enter Lagos or anywhere for that matter. So we have the right to settle anywhere and vote whoever we want to vote.

When we wanted to secede, you people didn't allow us. You forced us back into Nigeria. Now we are here, fűcking deal with it. Igbo people are going nowhere.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is impossible for AMBODE to condemn Oba Akiolu's Statements in any terms talkless of STRONGEST TERMS.. why does Tinubu/APC continue to take Nigerians for Fools. Oba Akiolu hand-picked Ambode not Tinubu, so Amobode cannot even try whispering is discontent against the OBA in any way. one more thing Amobode is a dwarf next to Jimi Agbaje and he himself knows that. to say that he stands tall and far over Jimi Agbaje because the latter is a pharmacist completely exposes the cataclysmic buffoon known only in gay-brothel circles as LAI-MOHAMMED.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by angelo82: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maybe you don't know that the king said it so that you can actually vote for his relative Mr.Agbaje.......The king want to use Ibos because they are sentimental to control Lagos like Tinubu........Think again..........

EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by LastProphet: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Igbos will regret,yorubaz will regret even more including those yorubas based in the east and areas not yorubaland...Tis best yorubas accept the current circumstance as sacrifices for 'One Nigeria' …Upsettin the apple cart might be their greatest undoing.

How any yorubas live in the east? How many other tribes are allowed to flourish so well in the east that they can have a political voice like u ibos have in Lagos or other people's land? Do Ibos allow others to flourish in their place? I have lived and worked in 3 eastern states so dont come here and tell me what I already know. The Oba's warning might be a little too terse but he knows how u Ibos have ben bought by PDP money so please dont call anybody fools here
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by wealth123: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.

Then go and waste your vote as you did for jona. What do you expect the man to do? AMBODE will win Lagos Igbos forgive the Oba and move on and majority of you claim to be Christians.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Austin234(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Riot in d north, Igbos will be killed and their properties looted.
Fashola renovating Lagos, he wil send Igbos packing to SE.
Since after d Biafran war Igbos has been sidelined in d helm of affair of dis country.
Now a threat frm Oba of Lagos, Oba Akiolu dat Igbos must all vote APC or end up in d lagoon.
This is d height of d insult. Igbos are not an endangered specie.
Enough of all these insults. Oba has demeaned himself by saying that. We have right to vote whomever we want to be d governor
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by kayalla(f): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, leave the Ijaws out of your talk! The Igbos aren't tools that can be used!

The level of tribalism on this forum is getting on the absurd.

U need to respect others and their ways of life and values!

Leave others to live their own lives. What's wrong with you? What's difficult with that?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Akinsnaira: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
scondy:

truthfully, the oba should have been more careful in his choice of words ,,,,,,but we need to ask ...why did the igbo group go to pay him a courtsey call? Was it just a courtsey call or they went to plead for his support to jimi agbaje? Cos he was really angry when talking and he mentioned he had told jimi he couldnt be governor. This is jjust a propaganda. Cos we didnt get to hear or watch theigbo group address the oba. All we saw was his response.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We have seen the reaction....but what was the initial action that caused the reaction. A full video of the visit should be released.

Exactly, only one side of the story, looking at the video seems like a set-up to me. They won't tell us the full account of what actually transpired that day. Igbos are professional victims, look at how much publicity they gave it when Gov. Fashola reunited some of them who are homeless in Lagos to their families in SE, they called it deportation demanding for the head of the Governor, these people are just difficult to live with peacefully. I almost fainted with laughter when some of them were later demanding the governor should pay them a ransom of several millions of Naira, hasn't that justified they are truly beggars and hopeless.

These people are just ridiculous
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ademoladeji(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
The rants on social media over the Igbo of a thing is being over logged.
If you like, vote for Agbaje coz of what Akinolu said...
Ambode still will hv the vote of his supporter.
Igbos are influential in Lagos buh I don't see dem dictating or influencing who'll become the next guvno of Lagos state.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by dailywealth1967: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pls,my people do not be deceived.The oba who is blood related to Jimi Agbaji actually wants the Igbos to vote for his distant cousin Agbaje.Oba you are not God.Your plan has failed. Igbos will vote massively for our next Governor Ambode

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by kayalla(f): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
grin Ambode Ambode sharp guy. dont condemn or apologise to anybody i mean we own no baga any apology. we can never allow flatees to destroy our land as they destroyed theirs. kabiyesi, the owner of lagos has spoken.

*in fayose's voice* no apology to flatees let dem leave our land

Ambode dont need to appologise he hanst said or done anything wrong na ur yeye kaiyesi wey de bring this kin fight among two people that should be his sons.
in order words one is more lagosian than the other.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Akanbee2015: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
PassingShot:
This should lay the issue to rest except there are other motives therein for our Igbo brothers.

Stop the ganging up and vote according to your conscience. Stop campaigning as a block against APC/Ambode so that wherever the pendulum swings, you're not seen as against anyone.

Ambode has a better chance than JK whether you gang up or not and APC ruling Lagos is more beneficial than PDP especially this time around that the central government is APC.

Very true.... And one more thing that should be noted is, not all Igbos will vote for JK come Saturday. I can bet my life on that. Just as not all Yorubas will vote for Ambode in the elections. The Oba might have got it all wrong, but most of them shouting that the Oba made them change their minds towards Agbaje are nothing but Hypocrites..... The bigger hypocrite as a matter of fact is that man who wants to become Governor by making the relationship between the Landlord and the Tenant grow even as bad as possible. What I think is happening now could be that more Yorubas would move towards Ambode, while more Igbos would move in the opposite direction. Is that good for this state? Hell No! I think it's even worse than the Oba's utterances. So unhealthy.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by koladebrainiac(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Khalessi:
Lagos has no king Lagos needs no king......
In Achilles voice- he is no king of mine!
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by zimoni(f): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
XBLadez:

You don't know what you're saying. My immediate elder brother is a die-hard APC member while I support PDP like there's no tomorrow. Igbos don't follow the crowd, u should know that

You've been noticed.

Next..........
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by esperiense(m): 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:
A useless king in white curtains is the spokesperson of yorubas.

The king made a faux pas cos of his own selfish interest. What's the reason for yours cos I know ur politically and economically irrelevant to Lagos
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Alfamann: 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
esperiense:

The king made a faux pas cos of his own selfish interest. What's the reason for yours cos I know ur politically and economically irrelevant to Lagos

My brother owns land in surulere. My uncle owns many properties in many parts of lagos. My sisters all own properties in lagos. I have a house in Festac. All Igbos!

Lagos is ours. Go and drown.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
PassingShot:
This should lay the issue to rest except there are other motives therein for our Igbo brothers.

Stop the ganging up and vote according to your conscience. Stop campaigning as a block against APC/Ambode so that wherever the pendulum swings, you're not seen as against anyone.

Ambode has a better chance than JK whether you gang up or not and APC ruling Lagos is more beneficial than PDP especially this time around that the central government is APC.
All these years has Lagos been connected to the fed govt? why should it be different now? PDP knows that they need Lagos like die and they are getting it. Agbaje is not Jonathan so APC shouldn't expect a gentle man election.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by isalegan2: 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Akinsnaira:

. . .look at how much publicity they gave it when Gov. Fashola reunited some of them who are homeless in Lagos to their families in SE, they called it deportation demanding for the head of the Governor . . .

Okay that's an hilarious spin. grin But, I don't think that's how they perceived it. undecided
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by elohorayodele: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
The King of Lagos anger has led to this aggressive words that has thrown Ambode in a state of panic. Agbaje on the other hand is trying to use this medium to seduce the igbos to rob them of their vote while Ambode is striving to get the igbos on his side.

I am a Yoruba but I think the Igbos are more powerful in Lagos than before.

I hope this Lagos election will not lead to something both the Lagosians and the igbos will regret in the nearest future.

The election can never lead to anything the Igbos will regret. Two Yoruba men contesting for governor, one must win. A mad yoruba Iba ranting n cursing! How that one take concern Igbo people? After all all they can do is vote

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of Fayose Cutting Meat In The Kitchen / Godswill Akpabio Collapses After His Birthday Colloquium In Abuja / "Fulani Herdsmen Plotting Total Islamisation Of Nigeria" – Mbazulike Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.