Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18995 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by adesammy1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Even without state of origin...names like Oluwashina and Chukuwma or Tanko will still speak.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Diesel1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

I don't think tribalism stuff "ll ever stop cos once I see surname like OLADIKPO I knwo say na yoruba tribe or Ekkaette, Calabar

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by MalcoImX: 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
It should stay, to avoid fraud. Some will claim "Place of Birth", or "Place of Residence", as well as their ancestral homes, putting them at an advantage. Already, you can become whatever you want to become, in whatever state you want if your contribution to that community is noted and you've identified with the people of your host state.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Xty9key: 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
As a matter of fact u r senseless, if Nigeria is dead wot is Iraq? OLASb reasonable a beat
Sweetguy25:
Nigeria is a dead country. Whats the point?
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by AmaechiLinus(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
I can't c any reason 4 doing dat. Pls, bring some other relevant issue

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yeah I think it's a good idea but should not be implemented. "Removing state of origin" is just like saying there should be no states in Nigeria. My opinion though.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kayalla(f): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Nigeria is a dead country. Whats the point?
bros why u de talk like this na? e no good. there is still hope enhee, chill. shebi they say change is coming still get small faith
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Not enough. Tribalism is ingrained and burned in our minds.

Referendum is the way!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by mcprince32(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Never try this or we have foreigners flood and infiltrate this country without remedy.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Symphony007: 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is nothing like nigeria and there never will. Unity my behind.

Nigeria reminds me of the middle east which is in flames today because all the countries the British created after world war I across ethnic boundaries is breaking up. This country was never meant to be but they keep fighting for it's existence. It's stupid! 100 years and no unity, how many more years do you need?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by stephoye: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Not only state of origin, religion should be removed as well

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Sanuzi(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Wow. Na today
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Diesel1:
I don't think tribalism stuff "ll ever stop cos once I see surname like OLADIKPO I knwo say na yoruba tribe or Ekkaette, Calabar
what of if you see someone like labbo, lado or shattu nko? grin
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by richy6060(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

Nationality should serve as state of origin, bcoz when you seek admission in another state you will not considered, you apply for work the same thing. plz I support ooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Ilekeh(f): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
No. It's vital information for population census.

And it won't work because Nigerian names are very specific to a tribe anyway.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kayalla(f): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
it might not make much difference, from ur name or our names anyone can tell if u re igbo yoruba or whatever tribe. if igbo man see where hausa man de beat yoruba man he will not protect him like if its igbo man. we re who we re we better accept it and deal with the shi8t that comes with it.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
stephoye:
Not only state of origin, religion should be removed as well
yeah bro, I agree with u on this one. Instead of 'state of origin' to be removed it should be religion that is removed instead. Because Nigerians are becoming more divided based on religion than ethnicity.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by zonax(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
That would be a good idea towards ensuring a united Nigeria
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Chinom(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
This issue is already on the table of the National assembly. 'State of origin' will not be removed, but will now be the state in which one is born into and NOT where your ancestors originate from.

This will actually favour every Nigerian.

P:S Alhaji Maitama Sule, a core Norther was once the Mayor of Enugu. Yoruba's take note.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
kayalla:
it might not make much difference, from ur name or our names anyone can tell if u re igbo yoruba or whatever tribe. if igbo man see where hausa man de beat yoruba man he will not protect him like if its igbo man. we re who we re we better accept it and deal with the shi8t that comes with it.
ok please sister, tell me from which tribe this name belongs to "Lantana" and tell me the gender of the name also.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Sloan: 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
BS! Removing anything will not improve unity any more than it has while it was not removed. Why can't people live in their states or regions, or is until you go to Lagos or Yorubaland, Rivers or SS-Land or Kano, North before Nigeria can be united? This is really stoopid logic! If everyone runs away from their hamlet to only one part of the country or 2 / 3 parts of the country, how will that unite or make the country stronger? This is the kind of lies being peddled around by people who want a "legal" backing to claim ownership of land that their fathers have no part in!

I would rather think that making sure all regions / states are equally strong such that there is continuous flux or movement from one state to the other for goods, services, people and business will unite Nigeria more and make it stronger than a paper fiat which a lot of people know they don't subscribe to. If Nigerians who live at the sea borders or land borders know that their country men in a small village in Nkwerre, Ikirun or Ihiala are doing some great work equally oiling the production engines of the country, there is no way they would not do all to their last breath to protect hostile intruders through their borders into the hinterland. If everyone goes to Lagos or Port Harcourt to claim joint ownership with the indigenous owners, who will develop the abandoned areas, mostly in a certain part of the country? Or is it fair to think you can keep 100% owners of your own land in a part of Nigeria no one wants to relocate to willingly but additionally claim ownership in another man's property? I think the people championing this point of view are Ibos, because no other people in Nigeria care so much as to abandon their heritage, perhaps because of greed or realization that some people are better-off, and later claim to be developing it!

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Ngozi24(f): 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
The President elect promised that and i think it's the best.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Symphony007:
There is nothing like nigeria and there never will. Unity my behind.

Nigeria reminds me of the middle east which is in flames today because all the countries the British created after world war I across ethnic boundaries is breaking up. This country was never meant to be but they keep fighting for it's existence. It's stupid! 100 years and no unity, how many more years do you need?

Thanks you. No matter how long we live in denial, the inevitable will surely happen.

Renegotiate or divide. Referendum is the way out!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Pebcak: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
place of origin and place of birth is a necessary information which should not be ignored
what should be done is the fact that As a Yoruba you should be able to contest for office in all 36 states provided u have been there for a reasonable amount of time
Tell me how to deal with the fact that no matter how united we are we still have different culture
So an hausa man contesting for office in say Abia trying to impose his cultural idea in Abia will not fly
Just like an Ibo trying to impose ibo culture in the North will not fly

Because those critical information will later bite back on the Ibos most especially because they are the only commerce oriented culture and will move to a foreign land for greener pasture

In a situation where place of origin is left out of Citizens demographic data, allocation of funds or resources due to population will bite back on culture where most of them reside in foreign land
Do you know how many ibos are in the S/W, N developing those places .....
Maybe its time for my Ibo brothers to stay home and get develop where they are from and make it attractive for business I tot TINAPA was the solution but that project is dead on arrival

Nothing stops Aba, Onitsha from being the new Lagos, Kano or Kaduna
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kayalla(f): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nazeeboy:
ok please sister, tell me from which tribe this name belongs to "Lantana" and tell me the gender of the name also.

Lantana na person Uzbekistan na. grin
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by xmich(m): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
NOOOOO. Flatees and Ab○ki have already divided Nigeria. Flateees voted for GEJ simply bcoz he's frm their axis , Gamb○ri also voted for GMB simply bcoz he's one of dem. Now tell me where Mr unity is.
And who deed the cowards voted for and why

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ohenhen1: 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
State of origin should stay for now. We are not ready for the change. Hopefully with time, the state of origin will be removed.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by osyty: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
To me i suggest that state of origin should not be removed because it really helps us to know were we are coming from. in the area of it bringing problem to our country, i disagree that because once we made up our mind to be united nothing on this planet earth can stop it.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ayindejimmy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is part of APC's manifesto
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by SurePresident: 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
As you can see that only igbos are blatantly against this noble step that is necessary for the progress of Nigeria. They believe that they can easily deceive, suppress and control Deltans and hijack their Oil as they did during Biafra war. Read History, they were already treating all non-igbos in Biafra then as second class citizens and dominating them and their resourses, that was why the Ogojas, Ijaws, Ishekiris and other pulled out of Biafra and redeclare their loyalty to Nigeria.

prettyboi1:
Beautiful reply. We are all Nigerians first before any tribal labels. In fact I strongly suggest that our government should start punishing strongly anybody who tramples on other people along the lines of religion and/or ethnicity.
Yes, Don Jazzy put Nigeria first before being an igbo and he refused to make imbecilic statement like most of his kinsmen. This is how it should be. Civilized nations like America and others that we aspire to be like will always tell you Country first before tribe. Jazzy is one of the very few intelligent igbos that I admire. Majority of igbos have fart-filled craniums, they've been brainwashed since young age. Whenever an igbo heads a Govt office, he never employs other tribes despite better qualifications, only igbos. tribalism has eaten so deep into igbos that other wiser tribes can NEVER vote an igbo as President. This is the major reason why an igbo shall never rule Nigeria. It's a verified fact that there are triple Nos of Hausas than igbos in Lagos, yet the Hausas give us no head ache whatsoever. But igbos with their leaky diarrhea mouth, are hated by both Yorubas and Hausas in Lagos. For real, I can see where tribalism is guaranteed to end these senseless igbos.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by brownlord: 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
I partially agree with you but believe me it is not a good idea. It is only the State of Origin that remind some people that they are actually from a particular state.

I came across a girl some years back who called her dad to ask of her state of origin, You can imagine that! Am talking about a girl of about 21years old.

In Unity, well, fine but in another way round let's leave it that way.

Seun give this nigga award.

Even Lie Muhammed go tuale for you.

21 years asking State of Origin, in this Nigeria? if local government of origin i can believe you, but state.......Bros you are a liar

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa / Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan / Bukola Saraki Inspects Federal Projects In His Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.