Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo (1083 Views)

A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun / Critical Analysis Of Some Of Janathan's Lagos Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by banku: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Instead of fooling ourselves, I think Igbo should watch out in Lagos and take the Oba's speech as a warning. He only said what most Yoruba in Lagos feel and will never say outside. Worse insults have been passed to and fro between Igbo and Yoruba on social media but that is not what you expect from a public figure, certainly not from Oba..

As long as Igbo keep on abusing their hosts everywhere, the same repercussion will visit them, no matter where. I think Igbo need to counsel Igbo very frankly and respect their hosts wherever they are. If I am Igbo, I will keep a low profile outside my base. This is just an advise, take it or leave it.

5 Likes

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
..because when you begin to play opposition politics...and the state begins to victimise you...you will realise than Lagos is not a no-mans land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by queenetteada: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2015
soe:
..because when you begin to play opposition politics...and the state begins to victimise you...you will realise than Lagos is not a no-mans land

the fact that lagosians made non lagosians comfortable in lagos doesn't make lagos a no mans land... i see that PDP have really deceived so many people to make dem bliv dat lagos is no mans land. think well, if ur dad allow a stranger to stay in his house and the stranger one day wake up n say this is my house nobody can send me out, how would u feel? be sincere

6 Likes

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by brize(m): 12:32am On Apr 09, 2015
banku:
Instead of fooling ourselves, I think Igbo should watch out in Lagos and take the Oba's speech as a warning. He only said what most Yoruba in Lagos feel and will never say outside. Worse insults have been passed to and fro between Igbo and Yoruba on social media but that is not what you expect from a public figure, certainly not from Oba..

As long as Igbo keep on abusing their hosts everywhere, the same repercussion will visit them, no matter where. I think Igbo need to counsel Igbo very frankly and respect their hosts wherever they are. If I am Igbo, I will keep a low profile outside my base. This is just an advise, take it or leave it.
for the fact that you are not an igbo man then forget it cos i can't be an igbo man and have a yoruba or hausa altitude, igbos don't live like slaves, instead of living like a slave they will cave out a portion and make it a safe zone for their selves in case if being maltreated by their host... They can never live a low profile life, they are with igbo gene, that's their blood..... You are not an igbo and so, you can never understand what makes igbo, igbos # it's a #MYSTERY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by Code213: 12:35am On Apr 09, 2015
soe:

why do you keep saying 'Lagos is no man's land?'. Lagos is somebody's ancestral home. You guys should stop all this inciting comments.

1 Like

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by Code213: 12:38am On Apr 09, 2015
brize:
for the fact that you are not an igbo man then forget it cos i can't be an igbo man and have a yoruba or hausa altitude, igbos don't live like slaves, instead of living like a slave they will cave out a portion and make it a safe zone for their selves in case if being maltreated by their host... They can never live a low profile life, they are with igbo gene, that's their blood..... You are not an igbo and so, you can never understand what makes igbo, igbos # it's a #MYSTERY

how old are you? sad

Empty vessels like you cause trouble for the sensible ones.

1 Like

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by brize(m): 12:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Code213:

how old are you? sad

Empty vessels like you cause trouble for the sensible ones.

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by Code213: 1:17am On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=brize post=32504655][/quote]

Why always igbos? angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM
Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 09, 2015
brize:
chest beating as usual

1 Like

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by brize(m): 8:16am On Apr 09, 2015
Ipledge:
chest beating as usual
no, you are wrong, it's not chest beating, it's fact giving... Cheers
Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by queenetteada: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
lol

2 Likes

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by queenetteada: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
the next governor

2 Likes

Re: A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo by queenetteada: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2015
i'm not a fan of ambode or jimi agbaje but one thing i would love every lagosian to do is
to vote for the candidate that you can trust. i'm not a fan of PdP government. if PDP
should win on saturday then every lagosian should be ready for 4 years of civil unrest
because past PdP government in south west was associated with thuggery and armed robbery.
Ekiti state is still suffering from that till date. dont get me wrong, fayose is a very
nice man but he's got hooliganism in his blood. To all my igbo brothers. your businesses
are thriving in lagos because there's has been peace in lagos and babatunde fashola tried
in terms of security in lagos. you can vote for PDP but there is one thing i can assure
you. lagos will not be peaceful again because all those thugs that BRF had sent away from
lagos will come back and your businesses will not be safe again. vote wisely!!

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Confesses – “I Was High On Orijin”. / Agbaje's Running Mate Loses At Polling Unit / WATCH OUT For Prophet T.B. Joshua With His Post-election Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.