Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview (39045 Views)

Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / Questions You Can Ask In An Interview / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by debbydee(f): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
interesting
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by link2jude(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
God bless you for this article.
Please I want to ask if interviews can be done through Skype?
A company based in Ibadan invited me for an interview and I was told it will be done through Skype.
Please has anyone done interviews through Skype before?
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sibrah:

Please which country did u get these kind of interview hint from? i can't imagine it happening in Nigeria. I can't see myself as a any animal other than a human being (The highest animal). Maybe the interviewer is one of those Animal-right obsessed pple and is trying to know what side of the divide of animal rights you belong to.

The one about the plastic bag was asked in Nigeria. "Sell this pen" became a trend after the movie came out. Google it you'd see people giving hints on how to answer it correctly. "What animal are you?" was the trending interview question as at 2012. Found out when I traveled out for masters.

I'm based in Nigeria so it applies to everyone. Count yourself lucky to find them out now.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by eagleonearth(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
petkoffDrake:
11. Can u lie to defend our companies image?

What should b my reply undecided
NO! Wisdom is key here to help U be honest while still defending the company
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by 4reala(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Tnx man
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by olutunde12(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
I am not convinced that the author attended many interviews yet or before he got a job. My view is bsed on his comment about the salary question. Let me tell u, most companies will insist that you tell them a figure- as in an exact figure that u want to be paid and u cannot do anything than to tell them.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by bbeckky: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
nice1, tnx op
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by adeboyei(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
thanks
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Phil4s(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Discussing the salary offer
TIPS
Finally, there are several things to consider when discussing the salary offer. First, you should be prepared with options. Most employers are willing to negotiate, but they need to know you are also willing. Be sure to have established your absolute bottom acceptable figure and be prepared to walk away if necessary. You may have to explain your salary history or use it to justify the desired salary. Be prepared with facts and figures. Anticipate any objections the employer might be able to raise and be prepared to justify your cost effectiveness. Negotiating a salary package reconfirms to the employer that the decision to hire you over other applicants was the right choice. Make intelligent, well-informed salary statements and be sure your requested salary range is within the market value for your profession in the geographic area.
• Present a salary range that demonstrates your knowledge of the local market value.
• When requesting a salary range be sure to include a record of your contributions that defend the amount of compensation you are requesting.
• Demonstrate the benefit to the organization in paying you more.
• Be realistic in the amount requested.
• Be sure to include other types of compensation that would be valuable.
• Address the interests of the boss; therefore, know the interests of the boss.
• Proposal should be grounded on objective criteria.

RESPONSES
Bad Answer: “I want to make as much as possible. An impressive salary is the reason you get into health care, right? I won’t settle for less than twice as much as I make now. And trust me, I’m worth it.”
Better Answer: “I would like to make roughly $50,000 annually, which is slightly more than I currently make. But, of course, the more the better!”
Best Answer: “I would like to make $45,000 – $50,000 annually. I believe that my five years of experience in the field plus the additional health care certifications I earned last year add to my value as an employee. However, I got into health care to make a difference, and salary is secondary to working at a job I love.”

Culled from "Job Interview Almanac" by GPC Consulting
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by eshope(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Very good...[color=#550000][/color]
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
link2jude:
God bless you for this article.
Please I want to ask if interviews can be done through Skype?
A company based in Ibadan invited me for an interview and I was told it will be done through Skype.
Please has anyone done interviews through Skype before?

Yes they can. Done two via skype.
The trick is to dress like you're going for a real interview because they put that into consideration. Study everything you can about the company.

In summary, assume you're going for a real interview and lastly make sure you have enough data on your phone.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by link2jude(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
charix:

Yes they can. Done two via skype.
The trick is to dress like you're going for real interview because they put it into consideration. Study everything you can about the company.

In summary, assume you're going for real interview and lastly make sure you have enough data on your phone.

Thanks a lot.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by kending: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by kending: 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good.... Thanks for the write up
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
A job is not for me then.
Nice write up, though.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Deprime007: 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by sam121(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is the best update I have ever seen this 2015 on Nairaland. Thank u so much OP.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Chigorkizz(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
gud.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by bigname90(m): 12:29am On Apr 09, 2015
@ op u re so on point I ve ds interview 2moro n d answers I ve prepared 4 d above questions re similar 2 urs. ds thread is really helpful rite now
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by jaybee488(m): 12:51am On Apr 09, 2015
you've just helped a lot of people out there... nice piece
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by SenatorJames(m): 2:01am On Apr 09, 2015
charix:
Good article.

However employers are getting more up to date on interview practices and choose to frustrate poor interviewees via asking open ended questions. These questions test how fast you think on-the-fly and have no right or wrong answers; they only test personal creativity when faced with unfamiliar challenges.

1. How would you interpret the statement "I'm just a plastic bag floating in the wind" (Reference: American Beauty 1999 film).

2. What animal do you imagine yourself as?

3. Sell this pen (Reference: Wolf of Wall Street 2013 film).

Funny enough these are legitimate interview questions and carry the potential of overwhelming job seekers.
These type of questions are very tricky and of great importance, that tells more about interviewee intelligence level. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Herapal(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Myworldtech
Charix
Aminho
Imoleay0

What is the answer to "SELL THIS PEN"?
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 09, 2015
Herapal:
Myworldtech
Charix
Aminho
Imoleay0

*sign this paper for me*

I have no pen, can I use yours?

*take this, it's #100*

1 Like

Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by MightyFortress: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Gud one.
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Herapal:
Myworldtech
Charix
Aminho
Imoleay0

charix:
These questions test how fast you think on-the-fly and have no right or wrong answers; they only test personal creativity when faced with unfamiliar challenges.

"Why waste time in Nigeria looking for a pen when everyone already uses biros?" wink
Re: 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview by Dauduariyo(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2015
Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ExxonMobil Recruitment for operations and maintenance technician 2019 / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) / Npower News On Payment Of Npower Batch C Stream 2, Pending, Paused And Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.