Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,672 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala (52107 Views)

Leading Contestants In Saturday's Governatorial Elections By States / Governorship Elections: APC 21 APGA 1 PDP 7 / The Remaining States That Will Decide The Winner Of The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by lalasticlala(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
They are otherwise known as volatile states.

From the political happenings, it's obvious that the following states could be termed volatile:

1) Rivers State: Amaechi complained of army harassment, malpractices, during the last presidential election. APC even called for the cancellation of the results from Rivers.
Of course, incidences of killings, violence were also recorded in various parts of the state.

So this time around, Amaechi would want to do everything within his powers, ( remember he now had 'oga at the top') to ensure that APC Candidate wins the gubernatorial election in rivers.

On the other hand, Wike who has the backings of the presidency would also do all he can to ensure he wins.

So it's a fight to finish...

2)Lagos State: APC, the ruling party would do all it could to ensure it retains power, especially now that APC is about to control the federal government. APC can't afford to lose Lagos state.

On the other hand, PDP, haven lost the federal government, would do all it can to ensure it wins Lagos state.

The Oba of Lagos alleged threat may also play a role in making Lagos a hot zone during the coming governorship elections.

3 Imo State: It's obvious that PDP would likely win in most of the south eastern states. But Okorocha would want to do all he can to ensure that APC wins. Okorocha cannot afford to lose IMO now that APC would call the shots at the federal government level. But PDP would equally fight to ensure Okorocha loses power.
Recall, during the last presidential elections, Okorocha alleged of army harassment of APC members.

What do you think about the above states I enlisted as volatile states?
Are there other states you consider to be volatile that should be mentioned?
You should bring them on board.

4 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by donphilopus: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Researching. . . .

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Welrez(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
I always wonder when we shall learn to be responsible during elections in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by sammieblaize: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Booked... I kno this will make FP undecided

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Kennedykak(f): 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
God will avert any form of violence in Jesus Name... Amen

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by georjay(m): 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
In lagos, the voting process will be peaceful...the major concern is the collation of results...especially if it appears that jimi agbaje is leading..result sheet will enter disappearance mode..na den trouble go start bcus if result sheet dey disappear for pdp stronghold lyk apapa ajegunle nd co...pdp wunt let it slide o...besides I tink if agbaje appears to be winning..tinubu nd co will try to manipulate the process...nd violence will be the end product...oyo state is another volatile state...infact sumone just told me nw dt dey ar fitin seriosly in oyo..I dnt if it is coonnected wit elections buh anywaiz...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Fabdedon(m): 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
ok
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
State of emergency will be the most volatile state during this election but as for Imo state my state. Its violent free election that will be conducted there.

3 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Welrez(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
donphilopus:
Researching. . . .
See what mtn did to me. I go congratulate u d way GEJ congulated GMB sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by LMAyedun(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fingers crossed!
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by luckynzo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
It's those that will allow themselves to be used as weapons of political violence that I pity as hardly any prominent politician or any member of their family will lose their life.

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by menix(m): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Come ooo, is there no election holding in Ekiti (apart frm governorship) cous lala u omitted Ekiti...

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by DuchessLily(f): 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Kennedykak:
God will avert any form of violence in Jesus Name... Amen

Amen!!!

Dat is my prayer too, cos its only d poor masses who get affected.

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by illiad: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
There would be problem everywhere because power don already dey shack APC

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by luckynzo(m): 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lalasticlala. You left Akwa Ibom out. The state has never been an opposition state. The people are seriously kicking against Akpabio's annointed successor, especially with the APC now in control. But Akpabio will use everything at his disposal to ensure the state does not fall to the APC. That much he assured GEJ.

12 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Cpolicy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Where is oyo state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Kennedykak(f): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
DuchessLily:

Amen!!!

Dat is my prayer too, cos its only d poor masses who get affected.
Exactly my sister
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by donphilopus: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Welrez:
See what mtn did to me. I go congratulate u d way GEJ congulated GMB sha.

cheesy grin cheesy grin I'm also a product of 'Empty Hen'.

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Rivers is going to be hottest, AMAECHI MUST DELIVER.

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Mannylex(m): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
With the swing in power in the federal government, I forsee a very hot election even hotter than the presidential. Following PDP's presidential loss, they would make sure they garner as many states as possible. But the 2 hottest would be RIVERS and LAGOS as you rightly pointed.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Opinedecandid(m): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Akwa Ibom won't be hot.
THANK GOD.
PDP/UGE all the way in AKS.

Peace to the warrying states.

3 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nothing go hapun. Same way,the last elections was held is the same way,dis 1 will be also.

2 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by thunderrider: 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lagos and Rivers are my options

1 Like

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Cpolicy:
Where is oyo state?
Oyo state wil not be violent just that the Election is too close to call.. All 5contenders av a chance of winning..
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
I don't see Lagos hot.........the guys that could have make it hot are now remorseful of events leading to the Presidential elections.

Lagos is virtually in the bag for APC.....forget any noise going on....I pass through the campaign office of JK on Ikorodu road every morning, the vibrancy is gone and there is no more will to fight. They placed virtually all their strategy of PDP winning the Presidential election.

That loss has taken away the sail on the campaign of PDP in Lagos as it was unexpected....thus the need to resort to ethnic politics of using non-Yoruba southern population in Lagos as their only hope.

Overall..Lagos will be very peaceful.

12 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
In Amaechi's voice, "parade has changed gear."

3 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ruggedboy01: 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Abia state nko?

8 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by otr1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
"You must know that there are two ways to carry out a contest; the one by law, and the other by force. The first is practiced by men and the other by brutes; and as the first is often insufficient, it becomes necessary to resort to the second"-Machiavelli

Come Saturday in Lagos, Rivers, Imo, and Kaduna, if APC can not play fair, we'll play foulgrin
In all, we must have at least, 24 states under control.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by cirmuell(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
BlackMaria:
Nothing go hapun. Same way,the last elections was held is the same way,dis 1 will be also.
This is a different ball game, expect violence especially in the first two states above.
Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by ozoigbondu: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
l dey look somehow at abia state it won't be hot but the rigging will be of galatic proportion ekiti state might burn too

3 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by amolak: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
ilugunboy:
I don't see Lagos hot.........the guys that could have make it hot are now remorseful of events leading to the Presidential elections.

Lagos is virtually in the bag for APC.....forget any noise going on....I pass through the campaign office of JK on Ikorodu road every morning, the vibrancy is gone and there is no more will to fight. They placed virtually all their strategy of PDP winning the Presidential election.

That loss has taken away the sail on the campaign of PDP in Lagos as it was unexpected....thus the need to resort to ethnic politics of using non-Yoruba southern population in Lagos as their only hope.

Overall..Lagos will be very peaceful.
Exactly, the moment Oga at the top fall yakata, pdp shakara ends in lagos. if not of igbo palaver we have been hearing that ginger their hope small

4 Likes

Re: States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
cirmuell:
This is a different ball game, expect violence especially in the first two states above.
I wish,I know you personally,I wud av reported you to the security agencies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 / Man Takes Selfie With Iara Oshiomhole..sings Her Praises / Ruth Ngladar Pogu, Chibok Girl Reunites With Mother 7 Years After Abduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.