Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. (1033 Views)

VP Osinbajo, Lai Mo'hamed And Their Deliberate Insult On Nigerians' Intelligence / Display The Intelligence Of The Politics Section: Answer These Questions. / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Bexson: 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Considering the way PDP members are jumping ships to the APC, I cannot but remain confused about the supposed change they are deceiving Nigerians with. After the announcement of the winner of the presidential elections, we have seen a torrential influx of PDP members into the APC. According to what I even heard this morning, a PDP member who contested and won the election for his constituency as a member of the House of Representative under PDP has today migrated to the APC.
Let's even take a look at the configuration of the APC. It first started with some disgruntled members of PDP who gave themselves the name "New PDP" who later joined forces with the merger party, APC. OK; that's not even my problem.
As it stands now, more than half of PDP members have migrated to APC, and more are still going to defect. When the APC came on board, we were all jubilating that, at last, we would be freed from the hackles of the one-party system Nigeria had been made to endure in years. We were happy that our democracy is coming of age where the difference in strength between the ruling party and the opposition isn't much. A democracy like that of America who are known for their two-party system.

Even after Buhari emerged victorious a few weeks ago, Nigerians were still salivating with the expectations of an interesting political era at the corner. An era where a political party will be aware of the palpable threat to their reign in power by the opposition (just as it is in the US), and be forced to perform so as to remain endeared to the masses who by their votes were elected into office.
Do you think that Jonathan would have performed poorly in office if from the start of his tenure in office there was an APC? Do you think he would have failed woefully if he had known that APC would be born? No. He and his PDP cohorts thought it was gonna be business as usual. They didn't know that a time was coming when the masses would be kings. When in the history of Nigeria has there been an election that was keenly contested just like the one we just experienced? Never! And that is because of the presence of a strong opposition.

With the way things are going, I fear that we're most likely going to return to our vomit. APC becomes the majority with 90%; the other 10% to be shared by the remaining political 'smallies'. Boom! We're back to our starting point, where nobody gives a f*** about the will of the people.
Is it the CHANGE we have been clamoring for? Brother, sister, I stand to be corrected, but what I see is old wine being served in new bottles. Until the Nigerian youth get to understand our politicians are all the same; until we understand that these old men and women at the helm of affairs are only motivated by their selfish ambitions alone; then we would fight for CHANGE in its real sense. Change is not about changing political parties to do the same thing you have been doing. Change is an entire overhaul in the way the politics is played in Nigeria. My fellow Nigerian, I'm not a member or supporter of any political party but to be honest with you, I'm not smelling CHANGE. I wonder the smell you guys are perceiving. It's a welcomed development that the ruling party has been forced out of government by the power of our votes but it's stupidity to vote or even welcome the members of that same party into the now ruling party.
Imagine Obasanjo, for instance, who is even one of the people who gave PDP it's reprehensible pedigree is now in APC shouting 'change'. Only in Nigeria!

If we want to be mentioned among developed democracies of the world, we must be ready to, at least, imitate those with developed democracies. George Bush of the Republicans left office, and Obama of Democrats took over. The members of the Republicans didn't start jumping ships; instead, they stayed put and are fighting to get the power back.
The members of the Democrats are known for their ideologies; the Republicans as well has a distinct set of ideologies, and these ideologies and separate ways of running the government is what makes each party a unique party.
Still using the US as a case study, in their own Senate house, every member has a record of the pattern of voting. You cannot be a snake today and claim to be a lion tomorrow. Your record will speak for.

Akpabio will not be a different Akpabio simply because he now claims to be in APC. Buhari will not be a different Buhari simply because he jumps to PDP and start yelling 'transformation agenda'.
The savvy Nigerian electorate should "shine ya eye"
My hands already hurts from typing. I've never typed this long before. I leave you in peace.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHANGE AND A CAMOUFLAGE OF CHANGE.
Shallom!

1 Like

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by socialmediaman: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bexson:

You're already crying foul before even the whistle has been blown. Wait till the new government takes over, all we need is institutional changes that will bring an enabling environment that will create the atmosphere for young Nigerians to thrive in governance and politics. Didnt you hear that a former SUG president almost defeated David Mark? It doesnt matter whether they jump ship or not, what matters is whether they become relevant in the new dispensation. If the votes of Nigerians continue to count and institutional changes are made to elections including the PVCs and use of security personal, and more Nigerians are able to be gainfully employed, it will be harder to rig, contest and win with questionable integrity, and even buy the conscience of the voters. SO chill, Change is Here, and its happening so fast!

2 Likes

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by stanech: 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Their eye go soon clear. whey them want change? how I wish the ss and se could just stay in the opposition for a while
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by bamidele029: 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
We are going to do what jk advised us

3 Likes

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Bexson: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
socialmediaman:

You're already crying foul before even the whistle has been blown. Wait till the new government takes over, all we need is institutional changes that will bring an enabling environment that will create the atmosphere for young Nigerians to thrive in governance and politics. Didnt you hear that a former SUG president almost defeated David Mark? It doesnt matter whether they jump ship or not, what matters is whether they become relevant in the new dispensation. If the votes of Nigerians continue to count and institutional changes are made to elections including the PVCs and use of security personal, and more Nigerians are able to be gainfully employed, it will be harder to rig, contest and win with questionable integrity, and even buy the conscience of the voters. SO chill, Change is Here, and its happening so fast!
Illusions of change.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by sammyj: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Story story storeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by TrishaP(f): 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
I didn't get to read all that, but from the topic I knew what you are insinuating.

First and foremost, he (buhari) hasn't been sworn in to commence his mission, same is applicable to the governors and other candidates of the party.

Secondly, you don't expect what has been built to just change over night because of their slogan "change". Everything is a step. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step".

Thirdly, yes! We are all aspiring to see the changes that we have been waiting but we have to chill because everything now needs policy. They have to set up some standards and rules to abide for everyone's benefit.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

What we all need is unison to make our nation move forward.

All I'm saying is, if you can't relax then there are chill pills in JK'S pharmacy to help you out.

My N50
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Bexson: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
TrishaP:
I didn't get to read all that, but from the topic I knew what you are insinuating.

First and foremost, he (buhari) hasn't been sworn in to commence his mission, same is applicable to the governors and other candidates of the party.

Secondly, you don't expect what has been built to just change over night because of their slogan "change". Everything is a step. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step".

Thirdly, yes! We are all aspiring to see the changes that we have been waiting but we have to chill because everything now needs policy. They have to set up some standards and rules to abide for everyone's benefit.

Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

What we all need is unison to make our nation move forward.

All I'm saying is, if you can't relax then there are chill pills in JK'S pharmacy to help you out.

My N50
Lol. Abeg send me the 50 box.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by bakila: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Can't you see some sanity in our system? Can't you see that people are careful not to be out of line? Can't you see that the masses seems to have more respect? Can't you see that a PDP governorship candidate wife rode on okada to show she is with the people? Can't you see that PEJ is now less raucous? Can't you see that APC is careful that change will cause her to be changed even in Lagos?
Can't you see that the votes seem to count.
Be intelligent to see the change is not APC's it's about a new Nigerian way of doing things.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by eshbeewanna: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
My bro u can't say that because Apc won the presidential election that they should now refuse anybody who wants to join their party irrespective of where he is coming from.Everybody has the right to associate with whomever he likes.however the group that he joins must keep an eagle eye to determine if the person motive is genuine or not.If Apc as a party refuses people to join their party people would say Apc is not a party for all Nigerians.Am sure in America their is no law barring Republican frm joining Democrates but the simple truth is that their politicians over their are more principle,loyal and resolute to their party ideology not minding wether they are in power or not because they are not hungry politicians like ours who wants to be in power till they die.My advice is that Apc should be wise and also be careful withs these cross-capetters they should not be given position in this New Government of Buhari.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by MrBasketball: 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Complaint for the gods. Mtcheww.

2 Likes

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by omenka(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
APC is now to blame for PDP members jumping ship

Op, are you sure you okay

2 Likes

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Bexson: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
eshbeewanna:
My bro u can't say that because Apc won the presidential election that they should now refuse anybody who wants to join their party irrespective of where he is coming from.Everybody has the right to associate with whomever he likes.however the group that he joins must keep an eagle eye to determine if the person motive is genuine or not.If Apc as a party refuses people to join their party people would say Apc is not a party for all Nigerians.Am sure in America their is no law barring Republican frm joining Democrates but the simple truth is that their politicians over their are more principle,loyal and resolute to their party ideology not minding wether they are in power or not because they are not hungry politicians like ours who wants to be in power till they die.My advice is that Apc should be wise and also be careful withs these cross-capetters they should not be given position in this New Government of Buhari.
You spoke well. But our own politicians too can be principled, loyal, and resolute to party ideology too. Well, as you said we have hungry politicians. But my point is, if they all migrate to the ruling party, there would virtually be no opposition which is not healthy for a good democracy, and we'll be back to point zero.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Bexson: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
omenka:
APC is now to blame for PDP members jumping ship
Not really. I'm just raising the red flag for y'all blind supporters to see.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by Sweetguy25: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
APC is a scam. Only an ignorant gullible baboon will believe that APC has anything positive to offer this country. All APC supporters know that key leaders of the party are as corrupt as hell. For instance, they all know that Tinubu is corrupt but they expect him to offer positive change.

Its just nonsense.
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by abduljabbar4(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
SAI BABA BUHARI
SAI BABA OSINBAJO
SAI CHANGE
SAI APC
If you didn't vote for him, just shut up. Buhari is YOUR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by abduljabbar4(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrBasketball:
Complaint for the gods. Mtcheww.
Did you read that rubbish? I just made my comment after reading the title
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by MrBasketball: 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Did you read that rubbish? I just made my comment after reading the title
I didn't even care to read it the topic itself pissed me off.

Just read half of that crap before loosing interest, coz it gat no point.

*Modified*

Epic comment there. smiley
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by abduljabbar4(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:
APC is a scam. Only an ignorant gullible baboon will believe that APC has anything positive to offer this country. All APC supporters know that key leaders of the party are as corrupt as hell. For instance, they all know that Tinubu is corrupt but they expect him to offer positive change.

Its just nonsense.
We still want them. Go to hell
Re: APC And Its "CHANGE", An Insult On The Intelligence Of Nigerians. by LTSHANGY: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Be the change you want.. Join the youth political party. Whatsapp us on 08149238032

(1) (Reply)

N/west Abandons Senate Presidency, Seeks Senate Leader Slot / NASS Leadership Polls: New Senators, Reps Demands Juicy Committee Positions / Ikorodu Robbery: Who Do We Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.