Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! (6656 Views)

My Husband Just Told Me Something About His NYSC Days And It's Making Me Sad. / A Family Of 11 With, 4 Sets Of Identical Twins And A Son / I Am Beginning To Despise My Fiance' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Mynd44: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Moana:
cheesy cheesy cheesy corect guy
cool
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by MizMyColi(f): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

You already know what to do. You have chosen what you want to do.

Why come here to bother people with the hope of looking for people to back you up?

We could all use some support and external validation at different points of our existence.

How we go about it is our prerogative.

If She has chosen strangers to help her out, good for her.
Kindly let her knock herself out.

Don't make her feel awkward.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by MizMyColi(f): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Read my post again biko.

I said it is her choice...

Yet, you subtly showed her a way out.

"It is too much biko"

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Mynd44: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

We could all use some support and external validation at different points of our existence.

How we go about it is our prerogative.

If She has chosen strangers to help her out, good for her.
Kindly let her knock herself out.

Don't make her feel awkward.
Asking strangers to validate their decisions is not a sign of strength.
She has decided to take that gamble, the world can as well be against her but it is her choice.

All these "join body" are insignificant
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Mynd44: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yet, you subtly showed her a way out.

"It is too much biko"
I told her it is her choice and showed her what has been done.

The rest dey her table.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by MizMyColi(f): 9:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

She has decided to take that gamble, the world can as well be against her but it is her choice.

No where has she outrightly said so...
Except there was a thread before this.

For all we know, her thoughts might be muddled up.

Watching people converse....
Reading their opinions, those might actually help the answers she needs to spring up from within.

Everyone has their ways of handling stuff and dealing with emotional issues.

You become a better human when you're able to meet them where they're at and then help them rise above, in love.

Not making them feel awkward....second guessing themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Mynd44: 9:28am On Apr 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

No where has she outrightly said so...
Except there was a thread before this.

For all we know, her thoughts might be muddled up.

Watching people converse....
Reading their opinions, those might actually help the answers she needs to spring up from within.

Everyone has their ways of handling stuff and dealing with emotional issues.

You become a better human when you're able to meet them where they're at and then help them rise above, in love.

Not making them feel awkward....second guessing themselves.
*Snores*

She has decided to go on with the guy before opening this thread

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44 is getting it all wrong jumping into conclusions... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 09, 2015
babygirlfl:

Well done

op the questions in bold are important especially the one in red. Can you trust a man that lied to you for that long?This thread below might help you. I know its not exactly the same situation but it might help as it may give you some insight about being a step mum.
https://www.nairaland.com/2128507/having-child-future-husband-already
Thanks smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by emisquare99: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2015
ClassicQueen:
He said he has never been married. he told me the woman left the child and went away when he(child) was barely 1year... angry angry angry i asked him what if the mom comes for the child later in life, he said she wont dare that even if it happens, he is very sure the child will never want to go with her. I really love this man and it is very obvious he loves me more than i love him he is very crazy about me. He can do anything for me just to make me happy even if it will cause him pains. Just that i am confused and scared of the unknown at this moment! undecided undecided undecided
what exactly are you worried about? If you can't forgive him and get past this phase, then you should quit the relationship already. He's already assured you of his love and sometimes love makes us do silly things but if you can't live with this just let him go.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2015
I would be more concerned that he lied for 3 years about something as important as his first born child angry

Then I would look at him sideways the fact that he wanted his child aborted.

Then I'd run for the hills when he puts me before his own flesh and blood child. All these would be huge red lights for me. But hey that's me. As for you I pray you make the right decision for your life. I would also advice you to use your brain as well as your heart. My humble £2.

10 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by sweettease(f): 9:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

You do realize it is BS right?

No offence
None taken, it is to you.

The funny thing here is that, she'll go back to him, no matter our advice, I'm saying this as a lady and from what she has posted so far. I smiled when I read her post about the feelings they have for each other and believe me, it is the fact that he didn't tell her after marriage that will make it hurt less and in time, she'll get over it. Forget all this story about advice on what we think she should do, our opposing opinions won't help and at the end of the day, it's their feelings for each other that will count.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by crackhaus: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2015
It's just not a good sign when someone is able to keep the existence of their own child secret for years.

That's all I gotta say.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Onegai(f): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

We will first curse her for being a loosed woman

Then we curse her for abandoning the child with her mother

Then we curse her for lying for so long.

Then we say she must have other secrets

Then we call her an irresponsible mother

We also curse her for trying to blackmail him into taking another man's child as his own

Then we move on the insult all women.

Remind me to FedEx you one chilled bottle of Orijin for this post.

3 years, he couldn't tell you because he was "scared" of losing you. That sounds like epic selfishness to me. I mean, he could have told you 6 months after, heck he could have told you immediately because there is no point staying with a spouse that cannot accept another child.

If you had kept this secret from him for 3 years, you'd have discovered how deep his love for you his (when you come here to cry that he broke up with you because of this).

I'm not expecting my hubby to pour out all his secrets to me (neither will I) but something this big and this important that will have to be faced in the future (or will his mother live forever, when she passes on, will you ship his child off to another relative to avoid said child?? )

There's nothing wrong with another child but there is something seriously messed up with keeping it a secret from someone you intend marrying for 3 freaking years...

He sent money, he visited, he called to enquire about the child (at least we hope he did all this) and could calmly be telling you how much he loved you without sharing all that info...

And you're concerned about marrying a single father more than marrying a man whose face is THAT STRAIGHT?!

Please stop bringing your emotions into this (all that "love this and he loves me till it pains him" )

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2015
crackhaus:
It's just not a good sign when someone is able to keep the existence of their own child secret for years.

That's all I gotta say.

That's the scary bit. There's lies but a living breathing human being. Hmmmmmm undecided
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by jnrbayano(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Chiam55:
I would be more concerned that he lied for 3 years about something as important as his first born child angry

Then I would look at him sideways the fact that he wanted his child aborted.

Then I'd run for the hills when he puts me before his own flesh and blood child. All these would be huge red lights for me. But hey that's me. As for you I pray you make the right decision for your life. I would also advice you to use your brain as well as your heart. My humble £2.

Un-hypocritical and deep just like Mynd44's submissions.

Very nice.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2015
jnrbayano:

Un-hypocritical and deep just like Mynd44's submissions.

Very nice.

I think you learn more about people by the way they treat others rather than the way they treat you.

Ps thanks

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Onegai(f): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2015
We should all stop advising her and just wish her happy married life, you know she's gonna go ahead with the wedding instead of even telling him to wait 6 months minimum so she can think and decide and speak to elders about his behaviour (she's probably consoling herself with "oh he at least told me before marriage, I'm getting old, the next man may be worse" etc.

Someone lied about the existence of his flesh and blood for 3 years, you're more concerned with the fact that the child exists rather than wonder how he could keep such a big secret for so long and justify it on the altar of selfish love. Na wa.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44 and chiam55 have echoed my thoughts. Got nothing to add.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by TV01(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
...I'll pretend you're my little sister for a moment;

Me - he said what?
Lil' Sis - recounts story!

Me - thank him for his honesty and tell him it's over. Next time as soon as you feel a relationship may be getting serious or a guy is looking likely, appropriately express your heartfelt desires and commence due dilligence. Don't wait 3 bloody years.

Me - and another thing, it's always best - and could save you a lot of potential heartache - if you conduct any relationships with Daddy' oversight - or in lieu, an appropriate family elder.

Me - and finally if you do choose to go ahead and marry this guy, it's almost certain that you'll not have fully grasped all it entails and you may find the burden heavy - and there is very little we your family can do once you are actually in it. Over to you sis...

TV

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Tallesty1(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by cococandy(f): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

We will first curse her for being a loosed woman

Then we curse her for abandoning the child with her mother

Then we curse her for lying for so long.

Then we say she must have other secrets

Then we call her an irresponsible mother

We also curse her for trying to blackmail him into taking another man's child as his own

Then we move on the insult all women.

exactly.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2015
If you love him, stay with him.But please if you can't cope with him, leave him alone.It's not after you accept him, you will then transfer your hate on the poor child.

#
# JustSayingBecauseIknowSomeStepmothersCanBeTerriblywicked

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by pickabeau1: 10:48am On Apr 09, 2015
If you cannot tolerate the kid..move on

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by MizMyColi(f): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by cococandy(f): 10:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Was he trying to make you feel better by saying he wanted the child aborted?
Like he didn't know unprotected sex leads to pregnancy.

Why did the lady abandon the child? Could it have something to do with him not wanting it in the first place and a resulting neglect that probably overwhelmed her and made her run away leaving the child behind? Not making excuse for her but just trying to help you ask yourself questions about the kind of man he really is.

He didn't tell you all this while because he wanted to make sure you got really invested in the relationship time wise and every other way possible so that it will be difficult for you to leave if you want to. More like a choice foisted upon you.

If you're sure his love for you is genuine (that's your opinion to make), you can go ahead and settle with him.
Just prepare your mind to be a step mom and the possibility of having to deal with the other lady when she comes back(she will)

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2015
And by the way, this statement 'I didnt want to tell you because i dnt want to loose you' is one of the most fraudulent statements i have ever heard. Its a statement cleverly created to lessen the seriousness of the offence. Humans are very cunning i tell you.

8 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by babygirlfl: 11:39am On Apr 09, 2015
ClassicQueen:
Thanks smiley smiley smiley

Always welcome.

A lot of people have raised issue about the lies. I think they are very right. Please think carefully if you would like to marry a man that lied to you for that long. It is your decision to make.

I directed you to that thread so you can read stories posted by some women about being a step mum. It is not easy and I know most young women underestimate what it is to be a step mum.
Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2015
You were the one that asked questions that led to his opening up yet he still says he felt it was the right time to say it, that was crafty. Does it mean if you had not asked, you might have found out in marriage. You did not provide much about his person for us to know how genuine his love is, because sometimes the things you ladies call love is terrible. Put yourself in his son's shoe to catch a better glimps. He says you decide his son's future, it is either he is lying or does not value his son in which case it wont be long before he treats you and your kids same or what makes you think you are more special? If at this point he has no plans for the son he is abandoning with his mum, then he also didnt care for the boy whilst he was with his mum hence her returning the child to him after a year. I kinda want to cut him some slacks on the ground that he made a mistake but he doesnt sound remorseful with words like exploring, abortion etc. I bet you he has not said it exactly as it happened. It is clear that you are confuse, tell him to give you three months break not because he has a child but because he told you so late and you need time too to think through things. Sometimes we see things clearly from outside.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

It is not weakness either. There is wisdom in a multitude of counsellors. At least these strangers are people of different backgrounds, ideologies,life experiences etc. They can offer contrasting views and opinions without sentiments. They can open up a new line of reasoning and show you things you never thought about. Its left for her to weight different suggestions to create a conclusion. She hasnt made a decision, she merely stated how she feels about the man in question.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by cococandy(f): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Floodgater:
You were the one that asked questions that led to his opening up yet he still says he felt it was the right time to say it, that was crafty. Does it mean if you had not asked, you might have found out in marriage. You did not provide much about his person for us to know how genuine his love is, because sometimes the things you ladies call love is terrible. Put yourself in his son's shoe to catch a better glimps. He says you decide his son's future, it is either he is lying or does not value his son in which case it wont be long before he treats you and your kids same or what makes you think you are more special? If at this point he has no plans for the son he is abandoning with his mum, then he also didnt care for the boy whilst he was with his mum hence her returning the child to him after a year. I kinda want to cut him some slacks on the ground that he made a mistake but he doesnt sound remorseful with words like exploring, abortion etc. I bet you he has not said it exactly as it happened. It is clear that you are confuse, tell him to give you three months break not because he has a child but because he told you so late and you need time too to think through things. Sometimes we see things clearly from outside.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! by chillingbabe: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Onegai:

Remind me to FedEx you one chilled bottle of Orijin for this post.

3 years, he couldn't tell you because he was "scared" of losing you. That sounds like epic selfishness to me. I mean, he could have told you 6 months after, heck he could have told you immediately because there is no point staying with a spouse that cannot accept another child.

If you had kept this secret from him for 3 years, you'd have discovered how deep his love for you his (when you come here to cry that he broke up with you because of this).

I'm not expecting my hubby to pour out all his secrets to me (neither will I) but something this big and this important that will have to be faced in the future (or will his mother live forever, when she passes on, will you ship his child off to another relative to avoid said child?? )

There's nothing wrong with another child but there is something seriously messed up with keeping it a secret from someone you intend marrying for 3 freaking years...

He sent money, he visited, he called to enquire about the child (at least we hope he did all this) and could calmly be telling you how much he loved you without sharing all that info...

And you're concerned about marrying a single father more than marrying a man whose face is THAT STRAIGHT?!

Please stop bringing your emotions into this (all that "love this and he loves me till it pains him" )
GBAM ..You've said it all!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage / A 70-year-old Man Is Madly In Love And Obsessed With Me. / 10 Myths About Introverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.