Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives (536 Views)

Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by midolian(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Had former Biafran leader Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu- Ojukwu behaved like President Goodluck Jonathan who conceded after losing the March 28 election, many of the lives lost in the civil war would have been saved, former Minister of Defence Theophilus Danjuma  said yesterday.

Gen. Danjuma spoke at his home in Abuja when the President visited him.

The former Army chief is the political leader in Taraba State, one of the three states in the North won by President Jonathan. The others are Nasarawa and Plateau States.

They met briefly behind closed-doors before the President departed for the Presidential Villa.

No reasons were given for the meeting but the president thanked Gen. Danjuma for his fatherly support during the election.

Gen. Danjuma said Jonathan’s decision to concede defeat to Buhari, had set a record in the country.

According to him, if the late Ojukwu had done the same thing after the fall of Enugu, when his government had to flee into the bush, he would have saved the country from further bloodshed.

He said: “The outcome of the election and the manner in which President Jonathan conceded victory to Gen. Buhari is totally unAfrican, it is very important in the history of Africa.

”Ojukwu didn’t do the same after the fall of Enugu. If he had conceded victory to the federal troops he would have saved the nation one full year of bloodshed.

"President Jonathan has set a history, a record to be emulated by the rest of Africa and indeed the whole world. It’s an excellent thing he did.”

Jonathan thanked him for his fatherly support during the election.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/408324-danjuma-ojukwu-should%E2%80%99ve-conceded-to-save-lives.html
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by joseph1832(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2015
People will just write epistles about this and that without knowing the workings of what really went on behind the scene.

Any day, any time I wholeheartedly support Ojukwu's stance of not filtering to assuage sectarian oppressors!. Ojukwu has my respect any day, any time!.
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by Medley(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
There is no need opening old wounds. If the Nigerian soldiers fought the war then using internationally accepted standards the children and women that was mostly hit would not have died in their millions.

The war will be fully over if an igbo man can be deemed fit to be president in Nigeria. Thats all.

I know some people will come boasting about how biafrans were decimated on this thread,but just know that you are supporting the wickedness applied on a conventional war,that made children die of hunger and the killing of women.
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by midolian(m): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Medley:
There is no need opening old wounds. If the Nigerian soldiers fought the war then using internationally accepted standards the children and women that was mostly hit would not have died in their millions.

I guess he said all of that to make GEJ feel like a true HERO for conceding defeat..
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by Pavore9: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2015
The war end in 1970 and Ojukwu has passed on but this elderly man is comfortable opening old wounds, thought wisdom reside with the aged
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by abduljabbar4(m): 11:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Pride is what is killing them. I heard they have taken Oba to court. I hope the Yorubas will take it lightly
Re: Danjuma: Ojukwu Should’ve Conceded To Save Lives by voizofone: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
in other words, any Igbo person who aspires to rule Nigeria should be shouted down the way they did to Ojukwu and Good luck until they succumb, if not they would be blamed for blood shed of their brothers and sisters that would be killed by the Muslims because their brother ventured into ruling Nigeria which they are forbidden to do.
WHAT A MAN WITH A USELESS COMMENT.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Overpaid Legislators : This Is Why Everybody Wants To Go To Abuja / Photo: Obasanjo Reconciles & Plays With Atiku / Masari Wins Katsina Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.