Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? (51302 Views)

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / The Time A Car Cost N3,984 In Nigeria In 1982 (Photos) / Python Chilling In A Car Bonnet In Awka (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by gentlemayor(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2019
Olumyyde:

sent u a mail.

I have replied you.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by SamuelTurner(m): 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
MsGood:

I obviously made a mistake. You don't have to be a dick about it!
Am a dick because I wanna bleep you.....
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by MsGood(f): 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
SamuelTurner:
Am a dick because I wanna bleep you.....
Eh ya! Pele, I don't do pikins.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by SamuelTurner(m): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
MsGood:

Eh ya! Pele, I don't do pikins.
eyah..... Dunno you've gone wild in the biz

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by excessmon(m): 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
My bro u make less than 100k and keeps two cars in a rented apartment.....

Bros u need to learn better cos you are the one with the worst advice for the op

Op op op...how many times I call you.....so cos u are with ur folks u can't save for your unborn generation......do something important for them car money will still come up soon....I did my first business wen I was earning 40k ....and I bought my first car wen I knew I won't need to meet anyone to borrow me money for fuel.....abeg think well about it oooo

My piece though
chucky234:
These guys will en up confusing you the more bro, I bought my first car when I was earning less than 20k monthly and I maintained it well till I sold it off and got my second car a Legend with 3.5L V6 and yet I was making less than 30k a month. The truth is that if you get a good toks all you have to do for the next 12 months is fueling and servicing, once its 12 months plus sell it off and add little amount to upgrade to an even better car.
my friend's younger brother is on a 15k a month salary and still drives a clean golf4, someone with 100k a month salary should be able to maintain any of 2002 - 2004 models, its not like toks break down on a weekly or monthly basis.
I drives Audi A6 2.7T and only going to change the turbines and brake calipers after 14 months, aside this I have not fix anything on the car since I bought it except for normal servicing which I did just once.
I'm a businessman and most months I don't even make up to 100k yet I own two cars both of which I take good care of.
Get yourself a good tokunbo car my brother, don't listen to those who claims to spend N1,500 on fuel daily.

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Rubbiish(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Grupo:

Funny enough, many of them are asking him to invest. Now, if you ask them invest in what? They don't know. Most of them just like the sound of the word, "invest."

Some will even tell him to go and buy land. Lol. They don't know that buying land is an easy way to lose both your money and the land.

The only thing that is still keeping me from buying a car is my parents. My dad is a retiree and mom is still in active service earning good pay. But once they see me with a car today, they will start assuming that I am already a "big man" and start heaping responsibilities on my head. For now, I don't want that.
Sir God bless u real good..
I and my brother were discussing dis same issue...
People keep shouting investment, when u asked them they have nothing good to offer except buying land which in most cases is inheritance for one's children. If one is not careful it is very ease to lose money all in the name of investment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Grupo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Rubbiish:

Sir God bless u real good..
I and my brother were discussing dis same issue...
People keep shouting investment, when u asked them they have nothing good to offer except buying land which in most cases is inheritance for one's children. If one is not careful it is very ease to lose money all in the name of investment.

I will only buy land if I'm ready to build on it immediately, otherwise, I'm not buying anything.

In 2009, my cousin bought one land like that not knowing it was family land.

When he wanted to start fencing it, the family of the man that sold the land said they didn't authorize him to sell any land. For my cousin to now get his money back became serious issue. The man claimed he had already spent the money and would only be able to pay back in 100k installments.

That was how 1.5m became rubbished.

5 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Rubbiish(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
Grupo:

I will only buy land if I'm ready to build on it immediately, otherwise, I'm not buying anything.

In 2009, my cousin bought one land like that not knowing it was family land.

When he wanted to start fencing it, the family of the man that sold the land said they didn't authorize him to sell any land. For my cousin to now get his money back became serious issue. The man claimed he had already spent the money and would only be able to pay back in 100k installments.

That was how 1.5m became rubbished.
Chaii!!!
Background check is very important before buying any land oo

3 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Yankee101: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
firstolalekan:

You people just make silly assumptions on what you know nothing about.
How much interest do you think is on so-called treasury bill per annum?
You think it's like MMM abi?

Have you ever heard of the power of compounded interest? Fixed income vehicles are your best bet of institutional investments in Nigeria where no robust equity or options market persist.

And if you wanna make sweeping assumptions about people, it will be wise to look up their chain of thought in various postings, which if you did, you'll find out I hate get-rich-quick schemes like 419 or MMM.

And if you discard inflation, any return on investment @ 1000 basis points and above is a wonderful return in the world of finance, add worldwide, I might add.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Adexandsmile(m): 3:06am On Jan 20, 2019
Is not bad as long as u don't step over ur boundary, because having a car some time can lead to something else for young guy like u,once u have a car,u will be surrounding with friend that will introduce u to many places since the care is there u can come home anytime u like,for that u need to be careful but as to maintain a car with 100k salary u are good to go. In fact if u stays here in Lagos ur car can still be another source of income for u,if u are going in d morning take four people same when u are coming back,

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 6:27am On Jan 20, 2019
Adexandsmile:
Is not bad as long as u don't step over ur boundary, because having a car some time can lead to something else for young guy like u,once u have a car,u will be surrounding with friend that will introduce u to many places since the care is there u can come home anytime u like,for that u need to be careful but as to maintain a car with 100k salary u are good to go. In fact if u stays here in Lagos ur car can still be another source of income for u,if u are going in d morning take four people same when u are coming back,
Honest one.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 20, 2019
Hope you have gotten yourself a car yet? It's a necessary liability as long as you get one that you can comfortably maintain without breaking the bank. Don't let anyone tell you different, another money will come then you can invest.

4 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by alphaNomega: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
kangarooskip:
Hope you have gotten yourself a car yet? It's a necessary liability as long as you get one that you can comfortably maintain without breaking the bank. Don't let anyone tell you different, another money will come then you can invest.

Well said!
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Meliian:

You're wicked o. Hahahahahaha.....you have a way with sarcasm. Well done! Lol.

Lol, na the economy cause am.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Emperorc95:

You still stay with your folks and your utmost priority is to get a car?? Brother first of all move out and get your own place, furnish it and start living there. When you pay house rent, nepa bill, subscribe DSTV, pay water bill, pay security levy, stock your house with foodstuffs then you will know that 100k salary is nothing in nigeria. Buying car won't even come into your mind again

I created this thread in 2015 and its now 2019, long story short i didn't get the car and I am glad I didn't

4 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by temmym4(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
coolluk:

Bro its not like i wanna buy a range rover, just for ease of movement and life in general

PS- i work in an office and d car is not for business

Brotherman. Go ahead, get a good healthy small/economy car and you will never regret it.

No offence but some People's destiny and charisma doesn't use a vehicle, even if they buy one later, it will be a regret for them Yeah, it has been written.. so don't compare yourself with others. live your own life the way u want it and enjoy your money.

modified...

an old thread. From your post, let me guess.. they eventually brainwashed you and you became like them.

We actually need positive minded people to get to greater heights in life.

Everythin in life requires planning. you dont need to have millions before you own a car. the thing is don't go beyond your boundary.

Paying household bills can be expensive, but that doesn't mean u must be stuck in your parent's apartment for the rest of your lives

Getting married and settling down doesn't come cheap, that isn't an excuse to be single for life

Having Children no be beans. but that doesnt mean u shouldn't perform your responsibilities.

so does Looking Good, Having a vehicle, Building a house as well as being successful.

Get yourself influenced by people with positive mindset. it does help in one's journey of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Mobsync(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
coolluk:

I created this thread in 2015 and its now 2019, long story short i didn't get the car and I am glad I didn't

What then did you do with the money? Did you get the land?

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Wjames440(m): 9:03am On Jan 24, 2019
It's not really about buying the car, it's about satisfying yourself. Think deep and look around. You might be doing yourself more good than harm and vice-versa. Hope you know that immediately you buy that car, you've got more responsibility and more Billings not only from the car but from people around. When I bought my own car, alot of my friends turn enemies deep down cos anytime they asked for money and I don't give them, they believe I'm selfish and they think I've billions in my account. I'm 26+ and I'm a business man. I've bought two cars now and the max I've used them is just a week. One last advice bro, if you really wanna go for the car, pls look when and don't rush to buy Nigerian used without checking it well.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
Mobsync:

What then did you do with the money? Did you get the land?

Nah, I lost this job a few months later
Invested the money in mini importation, imported stuff that nobody wanted, made mad losses

Started printing biz, did MMM and some ponzi

Got another job......... LIFE
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by femilambor007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
Who knows, if you bought the ride then, you would have switched to Uber business after losing the job.
By now, you will have like 2 to 3 cars on the platform and still be the BOSS.

#LIFE

coolluk:

Invested the money in mini importation, imported stuff that nobody wanted, made mad losses

5 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Mobsync(m): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2019
coolluk:

Nah, I lost this job a few months later Invested the money in mini importation, imported stuff that nobody wanted, made mad losses

Thanks for the reply.

On the bolded, I too had a similar experience around 2014 when I imported some stuffs nobody wanted.

That was my first time importing.

But I would later import power banks a year later, and it sold well

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 5:35am On Jan 25, 2019
coolluk:

I wish u success brother.

3 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
femilambor007:
Who knows, if you bought the ride then, you would have switched to Uber business after losing the job.
By now, you will have like 2 to 3 cars on the platform and still be the BOSS.

#LIFE

Lol, never really thought about that way tho

Imagine driver for uber in 2016 iish

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
Olumyyde:

I wish u success brother.

Thanks
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
Thegirlnextdoor, what uniform are you wearing? i want to know
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Thegirlnextdoor: 7:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
wetdick:
Thegirlnextdoor, what uniform are you wearing? i want to know

Military
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Thegirlnextdoor:

Military

what is your allegiance?, i am curious to know, that uniform isn't Nigerian, anyway, the uniform is very nice on you)

I sent you a mail. lets talk.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2019
Mobsync:

Thanks for the reply.

On the bolded, I too had a similar experience around 2014 when I imported some stuffs nobody wanted.

That was my first time importing.

But I would later import power banks a year later, and it sold well

Mine was VR Glasses, and yea it was my first time, learned alot

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by goryorhal(m): 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
coolluk:

Can u shed more light on the printing biz What went wrong We might learn from ur lesson

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
goryorhal:

Can u shed more light on the printing biz What went wrong We might learn from ur lesson

Thanks

Printing was basically customizing caps/clothes, printing of flyers, paper bags and so on

I didnt have any of the achines but i knew how to source and outsource them

Had to stop because my job, it wasnt a bad biz tho but presently the competion is much including the likes of printivo and the rest, but the people really making the bucks are the machine/equipment owners

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by aeroland98: 12:28am On Mar 07, 2019
TRY WITH US www.monsterexport.uk

There are many buyers who prefer used vehicles over new ones, this is mainly because of the cost. All those looking for myriad choices in cars that can be transported to their country of residence can consider the website
http://www.monsterexport.uk . It is a reliable place where there are many choices available when it comes to the model and make.

Their prices are said to be competitive. The whole process of booking a car is easy and the services can also be used by dealers from across the globe. All that the interested buyers need to do is to register on the website and get a designated dealer number. This will enable them to peruse the different options available. They can then add their favorite picks to their wish list and keep checking for the cars that they have been waiting for.

Once order has been placed there is a foolproof tracking system which ensures that buyers are up to date with their shipping details. All the legal formalities are taken care of by the team at http://www.monsterexport.uk They even help in expediting the whole delivery process for those who require such services.

The website says, “It takes just a few steps in order to book your favorite car and get it shipped to your address. We are quite adept in the whole process and our experience ensures that there are no hassles or delays of any kinds. Once you have selected a car of your choice, you can proceed to make the payment and give us your address. The same will be shipped within a stipulated time period.”
To obtain more information about the services, visit http://blog.monsterexport.uk/2015/11/16/131/

About the website
The website claims that their inventory is varied and this is what separates them from other auto transport companies. The entity is said to several modes of payment that are safe. From credit cards to Western Union money transfer and even Bitcoin accounts, there are many gateways to choose from. Their customer service team has members who can speak several languages other than English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_dIWNYX_A

Media Contact
Nana Bright
Monster Export London
Address: 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB, UK
For all your questions
info@monsterexport.uk www.monsterexport.uk
Contact Number – 44 20 3617 1689
Email: info@monsterexport.uk
URL: www.monsterexport.uk

*FRAUD ALERT: Monster Exports Targets Nigerians*

Our finding shows that Monster Exports with the URL www.monsterexports.com is truly monstrous in nature, was opened with the sold intention of defrauding car dealers and buyers across the world.
The Florida, United States Address contained on their website, 1931, Cordova Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 does not exist, as it has been verified by a customer whose money was taken fraudulently

They operate and con their unsuspecting customers with the following contacts on their website, Phone: 888.211.4656, Whatsapp: 305.239.7089 and � admin@monsterexports.com
Monster Exports, operate smoothly like every other legitimate car exportation agent, until you make payment into their account, they stopped communicating with you, even if you try to use other lines of communication, once they discovered that you are the "MAGA" that made the payment, they cut you off.

A practical scenario played out, a Nigerian car buyer paid $18,000 into their US dollar account through a US account, which would not need several days before they get the value, as soon as the funds were received, they stopped picking his calls, they blocked him on their Whatsapp line 305.239.7089.
Anti-graft agencies should try and track this fraudulent organization to avoid further pillaging of citizens who have worked hard for their money.

Please Share
Please, save other innocent buyer from falling victim, help us spread the news via Facebook: Monster Exports Inc, Twitter: @ExportsMonster and Whatsapp 305.239.7089

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

6 Lies Nigerian Car Dealers Tell Prospective Buyers / 2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.