Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. (645 Views)

'Buhari Let My People Go': IPOB Supporters Storm Abuja Court Today For Kanu / Why You Should Stop Talking Too Much [read] / Don’t Let My Mother Know, Policeman Shot At APC Rally Begs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by BANKYBOI: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Things you might not know about AKINWUNMI AMBODE, the man you should VOTE for on Satuday 11th April 2015.

Read carefully and make your comments.

Born June 14, 1963.
C.E.O Brandsmith Consulting (Public Finance and Management Consulting Services till Present.

EDUCATIONAL HISTORY (ACADEMIC):
Boston University 1998-1999
Boston Massachusetts, United States (Hubert Humphrey Fellow in Accounting and Finance).
Became a Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountant of (ICAN) of Nigeria at 36
Became a Chartered Accountant at the age of 24.
UNILAG M.Sc (Accounting Financial Management).
B.Sc (Graduated at age 21)
FGC, WARRI.; WASC+HSC (Ordinary $ Advance Levels from 1974-1981 with 2ND BEST RESULT in the HSC examination of 1981 in West Africa.

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Havard Kennedy School Of Government. (Executive Education) - 2010.
CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, UK.
WHARTON BUSINESS SCHOOL, PHILADELPHIA, USA (Advance Management Programme).
Insead, Singapore (Leadership for Creativity) - 2007.
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Massachesetts. (Internship program on banking supervision, regulations and financial instruments). 1998.
IMF and THE WORLD BANK (Seminar on International Finance for Fulbright Scholars). 1999

HONOURS/AWARDS.
Hubert Humphrey Fellow (Fulbright Scholarship 1998).

COGNATE EXPERIENCE.
1985 - Accountant Grade II, LSWDB
1988 - Treasurer, Badagry LG
1991 - Treasurer Alimosho LG
1991$1995 - Auditor $ Treasurer Shomolu LG, Respectively.
1996 - Treasurer Mushin LG.
1999 - Treasurer Ajeromi-Ifelodun LG
2001 - Auditor General for Local Government @ 37
2002 - Cleared arrears of statutory audits of 10 years.
2005 - Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Finance.
2005 - Initiated first ever National Tax Retreat with JTB $ FIRS.
2006 - Accountant General/Permanent Secretary.
- Restructured Wages and Salaries of 3000 staff with LSWMA via ICT.
- Strandardise STO to international level and budget performance @ 85% annually.
- First Permanent Secretary/Accountant General to retire voluntarily at the age 49.

This is a man of Service and Good Conduct. Which of the so called PDP candidate has voluntarily retired from office at such a very early age?

Vote a man with a Vision.
A man who looks for a better tomorrow in Lagos.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE.
VOTE APC.

#Ambode2015

Eko o ni baje ooo...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by ultimatum: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos will see faster development now that an APC government is set to govern the country from the centre. I congratulate us all as Nigerians have showed great resolve and faith in the APC to hand over the government at the centre to the Party.

This presents a unique opportunity for accelerated growth and progress in Lagos. The time is set for Lagos to enjoy “more of more” in the delivery of good governance.

Lagos has not had the luxury of Federal support in the last 16 years. Dear Lagosians, our time has come to enjoy genuine Federal presence to fast-track our development as we look set to achieve a Lagos of our dreams.

EKO O NI BAJE.

1 Like

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by ultimatum: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos state's former account general Akinwunmi Ambode has proven to be phenomenal in his service to Lagosians. You simply do not accend to such a commanding post in government by exhibiting traits of mediocrity. Only the best and those who work well and truly hard accend to such heights.

Akinwunmi Ambode is beyond competent. A simple glimpse of his biography would give a better understanding of who the genius really is.

I implore all to vote for this great Democrat come April 11 in a bid to continue the next phase astounding transformation of our beloved Lagos.

EKO O NI BAJE.

1 Like

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by ChukwudiObiano: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
BrandSmith consulting has done work for Akwa Ibom and rivers state government and are official partners with PwC... This guys CV is intimidating. I can only imagine the development someone with this experience can bring to Lagos State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by opositive(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ambode' experience speaks for itself. When facts are presented, sentiments have to be laid aside. Ambode is the right man for the job. I trust APC to deliver on their promises and Ambode to continue the good work Fashola has begun. Ambode for governor.

1 Like

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by shewenzy: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria has
expressed confidence in the leadership qualities of
the All Progressives Congress governorship
candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.
According to a statement, the President of ICAN, Mr.
Chidi Ajaegbu, was quoted as saying this at a lecture
organised by the Ikeja District of ICAN in Lagos.
“With 19 qualities of leadership and 16 signs of
professionalism acumen that this study makes us see
in Akinwunmi Ambode, it has proven beyond doubt
that accountants make the best leaders in the world.
Lagos is blessed to have him”, Ajaegbu said.
Ambode was the focal point of an academic research
titled ‘The Effects of Leadership Quality On Public
Expenditure Management: Evidence From Lagos
State Treasury Under Akinwunmi Ambode As
Accountant General’, which was performed to
decipher the skill-sets with which he succeeded at
shouldering the financial responsibility of the
nation’s largest economy for a period of six years.
According to Professor Kabiru Isa Dandago, who
presented the research paper at the forum, Ambode
proved to be an exemplary leader who has mastered
the art of exercising the principles of leadership
along the lines of accountability, transparency and
prudence.
He recommended that, “Lagosians should strive to
exercise their right to vote a professional that has
exhibited concern and care for them, long before
showing interest in serving as their chief accounting
officer and chief security officer. A vote for Mr.
Ambode is clearly a vote for improving the lives of
the present generation of Lagosians and for laying
solid foundation for sustainable human well-being in
Lagos State and beyond.”
Ambode expressed his commitment at using his
experience and skills to make Lagos even greater,
enumerating his plans to create jobs, explore and
expand the economy, consolidate on security and
cleanliness.
He reminded them of the limitless possibilities that
an APC government at the centre presents to Lagos
State, saying that, “What General Muhammadu
Buhari brings to the table is moral leadership, and
with a commitment to deliver on our promises here
in Lagos, we are set for accelerated growth and
development”.
The President, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and
Industry, Alhaji Aderemi Bello, also shared in
Ambode’s optimism in the great advantage posed by
an APC federal presence, adding that Lagosians must
vote for Ambode and the APC candidates to make
that vision achievable.

So my fellow lagosians. Let's vote wisely
Eko o ni baje oo, o baje tiiii with Ambode

#Ambo2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let My Experience Do The Talking Too - Ambode. by Theofficialseun: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Is Ambode Qualified?
The simple fact is that Akinwunmi Ambode is the more experienced & qualified of the two candidates.

Not only has he spent 27 years in public service including the highest levels of government; he’s studied for this role at the best schools in the world.

It’s a perfect combination - academic excellence and real-world experience.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana And There Falling Cedi / $500,000 Bribery Allegation Rocks APC Zoning Panel / Xenophobia:FG may take Zulu King to lCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.