Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje (1011 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by shegxy77: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My
take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts
where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance. As a people that thrive
on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of
commerce and business. A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive
to their duties. Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this. No Igbo child has been sent away
from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in
Lagos....our children enjoy this too.
What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people,
just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not. All of a sudden,
Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted
President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us
in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.
What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our
problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't
think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here. Yorubas are highly
politically sophisticated people and they understand that it us better for them to have a government in
Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than
Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people
own here...this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more
federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal
government can do. In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political
party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than
the pope. Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against
the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been
good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.
Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that
Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we
see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.
Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge
population and presence there. As for me, I want Lagos to progress and on Saturday, I will proudly vote for
Akinwumi Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by IfeanyiSamuelz(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dnt rily liv @lag buh wit d way lagosians re hypin I'm... Hpe he wins..... Ambo 4 2015
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by IfeanyiSamuelz(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dnt rily liv @lag buh wit d way lagosians re hypin him... Hpe he wins..... Ambo 4 2015

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Fantasticgaby: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
ITS AMBODE OO. WE NOW KNOW THAT OBA AKIOLU' UTTERANCES WAS A DELIBERATE ACT TO SWING PENDULUM FAVOUR JIMI HIS BLOOD RELATION.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Theofficialseun: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Amboooooooooo will win this one, we want progress, so I am definately voting for Ambode this saturday!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Theofficialseun: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
No relenting Ambode has this one already, shine year eyes and vote for continuity...Shikena!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by AbetterLagos: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ambode for Governor of Lagos. Eko o ni Baje!

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by emmaglow: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
come SUNDAY you will be introduced as Governor Elect, Akinwunmi Ambode. Then May 29 2015 His EXcellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by ultimatum: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos will see faster development now that an APC government is set to govern the country from the centre. I congratulate us all as Nigerians have showed great resolve and faith in the APC to hand over the government at the centre to the Party.

This presents a unique opportunity for accelerated growth and progress in Lagos. The time is set for Lagos to enjoy “more of more” in the delivery of good governance.

Lagos has not had the luxury of Federal support in the last 16 years. Dear Lagosians, our time has come to enjoy genuine Federal presence to fast-track our development as we look set to achieve a Lagos of our dreams.

EKO O NI BAJE.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by homeNabroad: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
A whole lot have bn said on this platform from different thoughts. Watching and monitoring keenly, i believe strongly that AMBODE will eventually emerge as Governor. Majority of odds falls to his favour, especially emergence of APC at federal.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by RealisticTom: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
AMBODE' belief in mentoring and passion for passing on leadership skills gave birth to La Roche Leadership Foundation, which he founded in 2012. This is a non-profit organization that has a mandate to develop the educational and leadership skills of young Nigerians, to inculcate in them leadership values as a way of grooming future leaders in all spheres of life. La Roche is presently spearheading an initiative, ‘The Flags Project’, to install Nigerian and Lagos State flags in all government owned schools in Lagos State. The Foundation has also donated tools to technical colleges to support training of artisans. #I HAVE DECIDED TO VOTE AMBO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by ChukwudiObiano: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ambode is already Governor elect.... It will only be confirmed on Saturday. The gulf in experience and competence is just too wide. Don't worry if JK begs, Ambode may allow him to be commissioner for health grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by HarunaLukman: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
It's going to surprise people, the gap between Ambode and Just kidding. The gap may even be more than the gap in their respective CV

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by opositive(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Eko o ni baje. Ambode for governor. Come Saturday, I will proudly stand under the rain or sun to vote for my candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Akanbee2015: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
HarunaLukman:
It's going to surprise people, the gap between Ambode and Just kidding. The gap may even be more than the gap in their respective CV

That is what I pray to happen, really. Only if my people would not even give them a chance to feel like getting close. I hope we will all vote against them just the way the voted against Ngige during the last Senatorial elections. I really do have fear for my Yoruba people though, they can be funny atimes.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by BANKYBOI: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
What else do we want now?
A state that has accepted you and even made you have a taste of power in the land just to confirm with that you're part of them.

Vote a party you have been with and that would accept you.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE.
VOTE APC.

#Ambode2015

Eko o ni baje ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Akanbee2015: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
RealisticTom:
AMBODE' belief in mentoring and passion for passing on leadership skills gave birth to La Roche Leadership Foundation, which he founded in 2012. This is a non-profit organization that has a mandate to develop the educational and leadership skills of young Nigerians, to inculcate in them leadership values as a way of grooming future leaders in all spheres of life. La Roche is presently spearheading an initiative, ‘The Flags Project’, to install Nigerian and Lagos State flags in all government owned schools in Lagos State. The Foundation has also donated tools to technical colleges to support training of artisans. #I HAVE DECIDED TO VOTE AMBO

Ambode will surely Carey the day in the name of God almighty. Agbaje is getting too desperate for my liking, and especially trying all his best to keep dividing us like never before. God no go gree them in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by BANKYBOIZ: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
There is a view that there is continuity. The government and ruling party of Lagos state has even included the Igbo in the government of Lagos State.
Let's make it continue like this and vote the party we can trust the live of our people into once again.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE.
VOTE APC.

#Ambode2015.

Eko o ni baje ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by AbetterLagos: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
The reason people keep flocking to Lagos from all over Nigeria is because the system actually works!! It hasn't crumbled! Let's be wise.

Vote APC for continuity in Lagos State. Vote Akinwunmi Ambode.

Eko o ni Baje.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by shewenzy: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
After Jimy finish with us, he’ll hand over to Koro
abi??
That will be the beginning of the end of Lagos…
and how do you propose Jimi will function with
APC at the top top??
PDP needs to be eliminated totally.
As for complaints of Tinubu’s excesses in Lagos,
bear in mind that the PDP have always been
aware of all this when they were the ruling party
and they did nothing. Rather, they killed EFCC
and ICPC. That should tell everyone that they’re
really no better than Tinubu at the end of the day.
So lagosians let's vote for progress and continuity
Vote Ambode for Governor of lagos state.
#AMBO2015

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by MichaelKukus: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
If after reading Fashola' letter and you still go ahead to vote PDP then you DO NOT mean well for Lagos and Lagosians. Ambode is the best man for the job. And by God's grace and will, he will emerge victorious.

Eko o ni Baje.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by Akanbee2015: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fantasticgaby:
ITS AMBODE OO. WE NOW KNOW THAT OBA AKIOLU' UTTERANCES WAS A DELIBERATE ACT TO SWING PENDULUM FAVOUR JIMI HIS BLOOD RELATION.

By God's grace we will be having our thanksgiving by Sunday. Ambode all the way. Ambo na the way, Ambo na the CHANGE. Gbabe!

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Vs Jimi Agbaje by abiolaibk: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
We cant remain in opposition again in Lagos, are we forbidden to reap from the national cake for both human and infrastructural growth as the PDP southsouth/southeast benefited? it is AMBODE for the governorship seat abeg!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GEJ/ FG’S Transition Committee / Why We Arrested Buruji Kashamu – NDLEA / Jonathan Releases N5b To Buy Stoves For Northern Rural Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.