Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) (45687 Views)

Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / The Security Chief Buhari Almost Sacked - Tell Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by MAYOWAAK: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2015
Wow.I still have a copy of this edition in my archives.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2015
Ralphlauren:

you see why i say ibos are backstabbers and the least trustworthy tribe in nigeria? shameless lot !

where's arthur nzeribe sef? i hope he remains in exile

http://theafricansense..in/2012/02/yorubas-are-problem-with-nigeria-by.html?
m=1

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/WHY_YORUBAS_ARE_NIGERIA-S_MOST/
why_yorubas_are_nigeria-s_most_hateful_tribe.html
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2015
suwailad:
When you find out the people behind their incarceration
you will see they are from the other part of the Niger river
fast forward till today those same people are still crying foul
what is their point?
. When next u want to pray, ask God to give u sense. I once read a post where u were insulting the OP 4 trying to incite E-tribal wars when all he did was jst mere sarcasm....now u have the gut to type this trash....u just need to grow up, no offense pls, just an advice 4rm a gud nairalander.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Diligence: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2015
The Obas so betrayed Abiola when he won the election and paid a solidarity visit to IBB and encouraged his cancelling the elections.

Have u asked this question: When Abiola was eventually killed, how did the yorubas react; they did nothing!

Betrayal from WWW no be today...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by petermichaels(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2015
Why is the post out now ? For what reason ? For me this is sure nonsense.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by XRAY21(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2015
Abacha should have completed the good work he started by killing that money
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2015
I wish the one who was crying died in prison! See him ugly mouth.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Janet101(f): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2015
jmoore:
Who be the baba wey open em mouth like that?

Dat baba is ur past president, ur leader n ur hero
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Sibrah: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Abacha is a hero to his people despite all the misbehavior.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by coolio85: 11:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Nairaland people, I beg who be this second man wey open mouth like this Make unna help me out??
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by anonym0us: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2015
wakacome:
Most of your comments are always very boring and as dry as the sahara desert!!!
seconded
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2015
wakacome:
I read them because i knew the effort you put into writing that nonsense,so i do not want you to look at your nonsense comment as a wasted effort so am helping you out...
And you? Always being stupeed and inept.... You should get a brain.... "Wakacome" what a moniker...!
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by alobam1: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
Gen. Shehu Yaradua - The Godfather of the Hausa/Fulani Oligarchy & the head of the Kaduna Mafia.

How are the mighty fallen!

The only Military Officer promoted from a Colonel to a Major General. He was never a Brigadier.

Wahoo.That was a super Analysis..Thumbs up bro.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by deletrue: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
Gen. Shehu Yaradua - The Godfather of the Hausa/Fulani Oligarchy & the head of the Kaduna Mafia.

How are the mighty fallen!

The only Military Officer promoted from a Colonel to a Major General. He was never a Brigadier.
The hausas are the only Nigerians that has enjoyed this country. Promotion from Colonel, jumping Brigadier straight to Major General. Am sure that time, just as Buhari was recruited without certificate, it was based on ''any way is a way''.
The hausas should be thankful to the people of other regions, especially GEJ who have made sacrefies to Buhari as well as the other northerners who cannot since they are ready to die because their value for live is zero percent. Thank God, all the powerful arms acquired for this election for now will rots away. All the earth shaking war equipments will continue to rots away. They are of no use now

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Benice007(m): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=donphilopus post=32540497]Waiting to see people like Alison Madueke, Ayodele Fayose, FFK and other thieves looting the treasury, behind the bars like this!!

Buhari, I trust you!!![/quote

Don't forget to include Amaechi and Tinibu, GMB will start his corruption campaign with his party (APC) GMB said nobody is above the law.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Kingspin(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Kingspin(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Mandela went to jail and later ruled his country, South Africa. We can understand his situation as a true nationalist. But seeing Obasanjo, Abiola and Yar'uda and co. who ruled or try to rule is another business entirely. I mean where did they stand as a freedom fighters or what? We need to draw the line between those that are fighting for our collective freedom and the selfish freedom. Every leader cannot say to be a 'NIGERIA HERO', nationalist.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Doziechima(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2015
smiley
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by GodblessNig247(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
OBJ opening his dirty mouth since 1996!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by delegiwa(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Sad times and a reminder of how Nigeria has evolved over the years!

Nigerians voted for Chief MKO Abiola en-masse and he won the election; the government of General Babangida aided by unscrupulous elements like Daniel Kanu, Nzeribe, Chukwumerije, Ibekwe Ofonagoro etc denied Nigerians their thirst for change!

Well, 23 years later, the change that Nigerians yearned for has now been actualized!

General Buhari should make June 12 the real Democracy day in Nigeria when he assumes power!

If this is all you know about June 12, then you know nothing because those names you called is at best laughable!

Those people were not the reason June 12 election was annulled.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by delegiwa(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
Wow.I still have a copy of this edition in my archives.

Nice one. Have older copies of this and Newswatch! I hope you are still collecting...

It will make a good reference point in future.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by babajero(m): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Nigerians voted for Chief MKO Abiola en-masse and he won the election; the government of General Babangida aided by unscrupulous elements like Daniel Kanu, Nzeribe, Chukwumerije, Ibekwe Ofonagoro etc denied Nigerians their thirst for change!

Well, 23 years later, the change that Nigerians yearned for has now been actualized!

General Buhari should make June 12 the real Democracy day in Nigeria when he assumes power!

Nigeria is not your enemy, but you are your own enemy because you sound like a wayward fellow.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by delegiwa(m): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ralphlauren:

you see why i say ibos are backstabbers and the least trustworthy tribe in nigeria? shameless lot !

where's arthur nzeribe sef? i hope he remains in exile

Pally, I'm a full blown NWAFO IGBO but my response to you isn't that of being tribalistic but to correct what you know as your history. IBB annulled the June 12 election without the help of all those names mentioned in that post. Heck, the election was conducted by Humphrey Nwosu, an Ibo man whose career was messed up for having the audacity to even announce any part of the result. The decision to annul that election was not taken in conjunction with those people but IBB and the big boys. The Obas, yes the Obas visited IBB in solidarity! If they could do that, who do you think should bear the toga of 'backstabbers' in this case?

Please read your history very well and leave all these ethnic rants as they won't take us anywhere.

My personal take on that election is that if Bashir Torfa had won, I'm sure it wouldn't have been annulled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
foxxynik:

And you? Always being stupeed and inept.... You should get a brain.... "Wakacome" what a moniker...!
Says the senseless goat....
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by illiad: 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ordinary prison Wey Obj dey naim im face be like chimpanzee own
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by anulaxad(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
GenBuhari:
Abacha was certainly correct to have jailed Thief Obasanjo and his associates.

Look at this one, some people tend to forget that without Obasanjo Nigeria would have not had democracy and your king Gen Buhari would not be president-elect. And can you honestly say that Jonathan would have lost the election with the backing of OBJ lipsrsealed.

He was right for locking up MKO Abiola, are you okay
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by UkwuNnu(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Funny how u listed Igbo names like they were the leader that sent those three to jail.

You can as well claim Abacha to be a far Igbo descendant.

Can u give proofs to your claims? Just spewing trash and host of lies to gullible kids online would do u no good, just as one just took your statement hook, line and sinker as what he learnt today.

Then again, this you guys obsession with anything Igbo to the extent of picking Igbo monikers won't do u any favour. Stop being a Coward and be who u are. Be proud of your identity.

Ozu!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by illiad: 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
delegiwa:

Pally, I'm a full blown NWAFO IGBO but my response to you isn't that of being tribalistic but to correct what you know as your history. IBB annulled the June 12 election without the help of all those names mentioned in that post. Heck, the election was conducted by Humphrey Nwosu, an Ibo man whose career was messed up for having the audacity to even announce any part of the result. The decision to annul that election was not taken in conjunction with those people but IBB and the big boys. The Obas, yes the Obas visited IBB in solidarity! If they could do that, who do you think should bear the toga of 'backstabbers' in this case?

Please read your history very well and leave all these ethnic rants as they won't take us anywhere.

My personal take on that election is that if Bashir Torfa had won, I'm sure it wouldn't have been annulled.

You don't really have to respond. The fools themselves know it was the yorubas and their hauasafulani slave masters who scuttled abiola mandate.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by illiad: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
UkwuNnu:

Funny how u listed Igbo names like they were the leader that sent those three to jail.

You can as well claim Abacha to be a far Igbo descendant.

Can u give proofs to your claims? Just spewing trash and host of lies to gullible kids online would do u no good, just as one just took your statement hook, line and sinker as what he learnt today.

Then again, this you guys obsession with anything Igbo to the extent of picking Igbo monikers won't do u any favour. Stop being a Coward and be who u are. Be proud of your identity.

Ozu!

Lol when I saw it I just laughed because I know the slowpoke who posted those names just wanted to be quoted.
yorubas and their HausaFulani slavemasters kill abiola and his mandate. Anyway abiola himself was a Thief.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by HANDSOMETOKS: 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
Controlled:

as usual....Igbos again... grin
Wat a Pipul

You aren't see nothing yet until you find out about how Ibos bleeped the entire South up in the first republic (1963) and repeated it again in 1979 with the same Hausas/Fulanis they hate so much today; they did what ACN did with CPC in 1963 and 1979.

The funny thing again is that Ibos believe that they are in opposition party which is PDP but they failed to recognise the powerful Yoruba/Hausas/Fulanis politicians in PDP; these guys still remained the engine room of PDP and without these two nations, PDP could only remain in SE forever but would be uprooted from SS under Buhari govt cos there won't be federal government support to rig election in their favour anymore.

However, the funny thing about their hatred towards Hausas/Fulanis is that the Northerners don't even know if Ibos are in existence. Haven't you notice that?

Have you not notice that their Emirs and the political and social Elites don't go to the East for a visit except during political campaign. Haven't you notice that the Oba of Benin and the rest of first class Obas and Emirs in Nigeria as whole hardly pay courtesy visit (any visit) to the East?

Hatred is a killer; others could see it easily and it kills the owners unconsciously.

To make my point clear to you, have you seen any Dangote, Otedollar, Eleganze, Dantata and Folawiyo business in that part of the country? No. Why? Hatred scares people away from you cos you are a Monster.

Have you notice that both Westerners and Northeners don't buy properties in the East? The answer is simple, every penny counts to these people and they can't afford to waste their money on what would never be theirs when separation finally comes. Separation is guaranteed; it might take years but it's obvious that it ll happen.
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by kennes10: 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Jonathan med it the real democracy day... He didn't rig even though he wud have rigged if he wanted. He put d interest of Nigerians 1st. Jonathan made democracy a reality
Re: Obasanjo, Abiola, Yar'adua See Hell In Prison - Tell Magazine 1996 Cover (Photo) by delegiwa(m): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
HANDSOMETOKS:

You aren't see nothing yet until you find out about how Ibos bleeped the entire South up in the first republic (1963) and repeated it again in 1979 with the same Hausas/Fulanis they hate so much today; they did what ACN did with CPC in 1963 and 1979.

The funny thing again is that Ibos believe that they are in opposition party which is PDP but they failed to recognise the powerful Yoruba/Hausas/Fulanis politicians in PDP; these guys still remained the engine room of PDP and without these two nations, PDP could only remain in SE forever but would be uprooted from SS under Buhari govt cos there won't be federal government support to rig election in their favour anymore.

However, the funny thing about their hatred towards Hausas/Fulanis is that the Northerners don't even know if Ibos are in existence. Haven't you notice that?

Have you not notice that their Emirs and the political and social Elites don't go to the East for a visit except during political campaign. Haven't you notice that the Oba of Benin and the rest of first class Obas and Emirs in Nigeria as whole hardly pay courtesy visit (any visit) to the East?

Hatred is a killer; others could see it easily and it kills the owners unconsciously.

It's killing the owners now.

I'm Ibo and I most certainly cannot help you with your hate. I don't hate you though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic Photo From The Jos Bomb Blast At Yan-taya Mosque / Diezani Confesses: I Stepped On Big Toes, But I Never Commited Any Crime / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Governor Wike, Calls Him A Tyrant & Bully (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.