Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.10th.april.2015 | Pastors; Teachers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.10th.april.2015 | Pastors; Teachers. (342 Views)

House Of Rainbow Celebrates 10th Anniversary (photos) / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.27th.march.2015 | Not At Will. / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.10th.april.2015 | Pastors; Teachers. by ComeBackHome: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | FRI.APRIL.10th 2015

PASTORS; TEACHERS | Ephesians 4: 11 (AMP)

“And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers”

Recalling from yesterday capsule, we stated that an Evangelist is a ‘Travelling Missionary'. In addition, the gift of Special Faith, the Gift of Healings and the gift of working of miracles – (Power Gifts) are frequently seen accompany their mission’s work.

THE PASTORS: In Greek, ‘Pastor’ is ‘poimēn’ (poy-mane') - literally or figuratively, a shepherd. The role of a shepherd is to feed God’s flock (people). A Shepherd's heart is full of compassion to feed (tend) their flocks not their own stomach | See Matthew 9: 36.

Jeremiah 3: 15 (AMP) | “And I will give you [spiritual] shepherds after My own heart [in the final time], who will feed you with knowledge and understanding and judgment”.

In conclusion on this, Pastors’ hearts cannot be given in bible school. In other words, you don’t become a pastor simply because you attended a bible school. NO! You must be called of God.

THE TEACHERS: In Greek, ‘Didaskalos’ (did-as'-kal-os) translates the word ‘TEACHER’. Generally or specifically, an instructor - doctor, master, teacher.

This is another profound ministerial office with a special anointing for opening people’s understanding. They teach prescribing knowledge through the instrumentality of the teaching of God’s word. They teach with simplicity. They teach in such a way that even a little child will grasp their teaching. They simplify (make something less complicated or easier to understand) God’s word. This office cannot be undervalued also.

“All the education in the world will not make a teacher of God’s word. A teacher of God's word is a person who has been set in the body of Christ by God for one specific purpose: to teach the Word" (LESTER SUMRALL).

Dearly beloved, one must be called by God; anointed with the Holy Spirit to function in these Spiritual Offices. NOTE: A Pastor of a church can also be a Teacher of God's word. Holy Spirit determines the gift of the Spirit individual works with, not at individual's Will.

NOW, SAY | Accordingly, I function not as appointed by any group of people or any human authority. Rather, as divinely called.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I receive divine help to function as ‘Called’ – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 12th Of April 2015 / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.17th.april.2015 | My How To / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.18th.april.2015 | Don't Abuse Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.