Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Question: Political Relevance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question: Political Relevance (306 Views)

What Is The Future Political Relevance Of Amaechi And Fashola Post Buhari? / Political Relevance Of Ogbemudia And Igbinedion In Edo State / Boko Haram Desperately Seeking Relevance —buratai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Political Relevance by saintneo(m): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2015
Apart from Tinubu, which other politician - governors, deputy governors that were elected since the beginning of this 4th republic is still relevant in today's politics despite not holding any political position?

Name the politician and his/her region of influence.

Example: Tinubu, former Governor Lagos State; very influential in the Southwest Region and relatively influential in the entire Nigeria.

next.....
Re: Question: Political Relevance by citizenjuwon(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Ogbonaya onu....... You can Google his name.
Re: Question: Political Relevance by saintneo(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2015
citizenjuwon:
Ogbonaya onu....... You can Google his name.

I doubt this! Chief Ogbonnaya Onu is the former Governor of the old Abia state. He neither has any influence in the new Abia or Ebonyi state.

The calibre of influence i mean is such that the people that take over after one leaves office remain loyal and supportive. Fashola is loyal to Tinubu, Tinubu single handedly fought off PDP in most of the southwest states in 2007. In 2011, he willingly allowed Yorubas to not hold political offices such as Speaker and Senate President so as to have true democracy enthroned in Nigeria.

He is a true machaveli of Nigerian politics......

As a non-Yoruba, I wish I could join his team of political warriors(analysts).

RESPECT!

(1) (Reply)

Predict Who Will Win The Governorship Election In Your State! / Buhari Condoles With Jonathan Over Oronto Douglas’ Death / INEC Has Paid Oyo Corpers Just 12800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.