Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

An Open Letter To GMB And The APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To GMB And The APC (441 Views)

GMB And Tinubu Disagree On Ministers, Transition Team? - Believeafrica.net / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / What's Wrong With This Photo Of GMB And PYO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To GMB And The APC by greatdonmikell: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2015
I have read so many congratulatory messages to the President-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, General Mohammadu Buhari but am yet to officially convey my heartfealt feciliation to the Peoples' General and the Kingdom Comrade Pastor Yemi Osinbanjo (This man is certainly one of the most intelligent and articulate Africans today.
Haven't congratulated you and your party sir, I would be going straight to the highlite of this note which is showing real gratitudes to the Nigerian youths who against all odds made sure the change didn't elude us as a Nation.
Nigerian Youths must be appreciated for their tenacity and perservarance (though you have shown this more yourself over the years by not given up on Nigeria). While this outgoing government have done "a lot" empowering the youths through YOUwin and other programmes it is safe to say the YOUwin money did not really circulate well. I think one of the ways to show real gratitude to the youths is by increasing theit NYSC monthly allowance to something substancial. After a year of servicing one's father land an outgoing youth corper who has completed is or her one year mandatory service should be able to boast of N380,000 which is enough to start some small scale bussiness but with what corpers earn presently earning it almost impossible for any outgoing youth copper to save up to half of that which is not up to the price of an average apple laptop. I remember vividly what you (Prof Osinbajo) said on blocking leakeages and spending our resources in the most prudent ways. If you keep to all the promises you made to Nigerians at your various town hall meeting (with the statistics with which you backed your points and claims increasing the monthly "NYSC allowee" should not be a big deal at all. N50,000 is not too much for graduates who are serving there father land.
I also have some recommendation how how to cut or reduce unnecessary "monies" spent on governance.

*Constituency allowance should be completely scrabed. -this money should go directly to the Local Government Areas.

* I think one of the House of Assembies should go. A senator should not be earning a kobo more than N800,000 per month without any allowance. (Senators should earn the official salary of an average Professor and Senate President the salary of Vice Chancellors of federal yniversities. We do not need a bi-parliamentary setting

This platform (Nairaland.com) contributed greatly to the to emergence of the#CHANGEagents #buhariosinbajo and over 80 percent of Nairalanders are youths so lets keep sharing this till SAI BABA get to see this and we'll love to hear him talk on this issues.

Ogunrinde Oyekunle of lagoslately.com
Re: An Open Letter To GMB And The APC by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Trust me when i say "buhari will read this letter"
Re: An Open Letter To GMB And The APC by AKMoney1(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Started from the bottom now we here almost there sad

shocked shocked na only you wakacome? angry angry
Re: An Open Letter To GMB And The APC by DaBullIT(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2015
For fame or for the love of the country ?
Re: An Open Letter To GMB And The APC by DaGC(m): 11:30am On Apr 10, 2015
I don't think the senate ish would fly. Why? Because the power doesn't rest with Buhari/Osibanjo.

As for the youth empowerment, they've have promised a ton of jobs already and payment for the unemployed. It would be a slap on our faces, if they were mere 'promises'.

Go out tomorrow and #VoteNotFight.

#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria

(1) (Reply)

INEC Postpones Election In Bayelsa / Suggest Areas Of Focus For Our New President Elect / Jubilation In Delta As INEC Declares Pdp’s Okowa Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.