Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. (5353 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) / Fact About The Killed Christian Preacher In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
I was sitting down jejeli on my own at the school clinic waiting for my turn to be attended to. A lady came, sat beside me and greeted me, so I responded warmly with my appealing smile. grin (this lady doesn't know what she is in for)

We introduced each other and all that, then she asked me if I was a christian or a Muslim to which I responded no, I told her I was a sango worshipper. cheesy , she said "nice" (I laughed within me)

So she asked me what has sango done for me so far, I told her sango has been so good to me, sango got me admitted into ui, sango protected me,sango is everything to me. So she then asked me if sango is "holy", I asked her what she meant by " holy" ,she couldn't define, so I made it clear to her that according to my own definition sango is holy.

She drifted away from dat argument and asked me if I have a personal relationship with sango, I told her no that sango is a boss to me, and she made it look like a bad thing ,that her own relationship with God is a mutual relationship, like a father to son relationship, I asked her why do I need another father apart from my earthly father? Since sango is protecting me, I don't want sango as a father but as a boss.

She drifted away from that argument and asked me if sango is perfect. I told her sango is perfect but doesn't want perfect creation because creations can't be in d same level with creator. She told me if sango doesn't want perfect creations then sango can't be perfect( she just exposed her king for an easy checkmate) I then countered her point by asking her if God is perfect, she said yes, then I ask why God's creations aren't perfect? That it means her God isn't perfect also,going by her own point. So she quickly defended herself by saying God has provided a solution to it( she don enter another checkmate) which is the blood of Jesus, so I then asked her why is the world still chaotic and imperfect after Jesus was sacrificed? She then replied that, we humans have to accept the solution (Jesus) before the world can be perfect , so I asked her, before God used Jesus as a sacrifice, did he not see that at the end of the sacrifice the world would still be sinful as an omniscient God, she then said that God want us to have a choice to pick good over evil, I told her we are going in circles, that didn't God see ahead of time that men would still pick evil, and after seeing that, wouldn't it be wise for God to provide only "good" option if he doesn't want to remove "freewill" she evaded the argument by saying God doesn't think that way, I countered this by asking her how she knows so much about God to the extent of knowing how God thinks. cheesy lmao.

She evaded that argument and went to the story of Adam and Eve to explain d origin if sin, after d story, I asked her where the serpent was before it got into the garden, and why wasn't the garden protected, she said she doesn't have the answer, I told her the story isn't complete and its very sketchy, how does she expect me to believe a sketchy story as the origin of sin, I could see how frustrated she was in the argument lipsrsealed .

She drifted again and went on to tell me what matters most is a pure heart, uncurropted thinking. I asked her what she meant by uncurropted thinking, she said I knew what she was talking about, so I asked her if I imagined a woman without clothes on,if that was curropted thinking, she said yes, and I told her I don't agree, because we have some tribes that live all their lives completely naked. So what would she say about those ones? She was utterly speechless.

I told her I wanted to check if it was my turn on the queue , when i came back, the poor lady had run for her life. cheesy

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lolz
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by ITbomb(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
The lady would be thinking, "I don jam bad market today o"
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Ranchhoddas: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hahaha...I will save this page.I will use this tactic the next time they will visit me.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Rilwayne001: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
grin grin Longest tym mr.Dapo777
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
I had a similar experience with a pastor in abuja...when i went to visit my sister and the guy came to preach to her as usual and saw me, wanted to shift his preaching to me, i went inside brought my bible and it started.

It was a very long intellectual argument, the argument went on for days.. he would go and come back the next day then w will continue..

We dabbled into many topics, the origin of christianity, the bible, the plausibilities, other historical antiquities, science and many more..

My nigga is now an agnostic.... he's a junior pastor but he still goes to church.. Once told me in one of our whatsapp chats.. "Mehn this is real delusion, i cant believe i once believe all this crap" grin

Atheism is not far fetched for him.. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
Most religious people just go about spreading their religious doctrines and theological teachings with out being countered so rhey feel they have some kind of indisputable truth. I watched some lady destroy a preacher on facebook when he went about putting people he called unbelievers down and gays. I was so happy I had to send the lady a friend's request.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
Recently I was involved with a similar conversation albeit not too detailed with a Muslim man. Islam has a way of using fear to enslave people's minds. The guy was offended I was reasoning the way I was and asking the type of questions I was asking. He kept saying Allah knows best. Allah alone knows everything and we as humans are not supposed to reason the way I was reasoning or ask such questions. He was both angry and frustrated over simple questions I asked him and the way I clearly expressed my skepticism.

2 Likes

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:
grin grin Longest tym mr.Dapo777

Abi ooo. Shey u too don turn agnostic? With Ur cogito ergo sum.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Rilwayne001: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dapo777:

Abi ooo. Shey u too don turn agnostic?

Nope

With Ur cogito ergo sum.

What do you know about it?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Nope

What do you know about it?

I think, therefore i am.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Rilwayne001: 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dapo777:

I think, therefore i am.

And how does it relate to agnostic?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
johnydon22:
I had a similar experience with a pastor in abuja...when i went to visit my sister and the guy came to preach to her as usual and saw me, wanted to shift his preaching to me, i went inside brought my bible and it started.

It was a very long intellectual argument, the argument went on for days.. he would go and come back the next day then w will continue..

We dabbled into many topics, the origin of christianity, the bible, the plausibilities, other historical antiquities, science and many more..

My nigga is now an agnostic.... he's a junior pastor but he still goes to church.. Once told me in one of our whatsapp chats.. "Mehn this is real delusion, i cant believe i once believe all this crap" grin

Atheism is not far fetched for him.. cheesy
The pastor Christianity is too shallow. He hasn't seen Christ.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
dalaman:
Most religious people just go about spreading their religious doctrines and theological teachings with out being countered so rhey feel they have some kind of indisputable truth. I watched some lady destroy a preacher on facebook when he went about putting people he called unbelievers down and gays. I was so happy I had to send the lady a friend's request.
Yes we hold the mystery of God, hidden from the foundation of the world.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Yes we hold the mystery of God, hidden from the foundation of the world.

Which mystery of the world do you hold? Tell me the exact age of the earth using the mystery of God you are talking about.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
dalaman:

Which mystery of the world do you hold? Tell me the exact age of the earth using the mystery of God you are talking about.
The mystery of God is a person. This mystery of God is time himself. He is the beginning of time and the end of time at the same time. Time exist in this mystery for he is above time. He pay no tribute to time. He is the essence, meaning and purpose of time. The future and the past is his today. That is why he calls things that will be as if they already are. He had finished all things before time and within time he also finished all things but at the end of time he had to finish all things. Time isn't real for the mystery of God is the reality of time.

So what time did the earth began? it began in the time if the mystery. The earth began in him before it existed. For the earth and all creation is a shadow, type and representation of him. He is the reality of the earth. For he is the new creation. The old creation is a shadow of the new creation but the new creation began before the old creation and the new creation with later begin after the old creation. Because the new creation is the end of the old creation.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by mumumugu(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
A confused fellow preaching to another confused fellow
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by mmsen: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Reminds me of a brief discussion I had with a Muslim gentleman who tried to convince me that there was nothing before allah just as there is nothing before zero.

I pointed out that there are minus numbers and then walked away and went on about my business.

If these religious groups wish to evangelize they should employ more intelligent people.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

The mystery of God is a person. This mystery of God is time himself. He is the beginning of time and the end of time at the same time. Time exist in this mystery for he is above time. He pay no tribute to time. He is the essence, meaning and purpose of time. The future and the past is his today. That is why he calls things that will be as if they already are. He had finished all things before time and within time he also finished all things but at the end of time he had to finish all things. Time isn't real for the mystery of God is the reality of time.

So what time did the earth began? it began in the time if the mystery. The earth began in him before it existed. For the earth and all creation is a shadow, type and representation of him. He is the reality of the earth. For he is the new creation. The old creation is a shadow of the new creation but the new creation began before the old creation and the new creation with later begin after the old creation. Because the new creation is the end of the old creation.

grin grin. I asked a simple question and you just went about rambling. Tell me the exact age of the earth using the mystery of God. That's all I asked.

2 Likes

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 11, 2015
LMAO!!! grin grin
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

SEE LONG STORY FOR SIMPLE QUESTION! undecided

HOW OLD IS THE EARTH

DO YOU KNOW THAT BOTH CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM AREN'T THE OLDEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD?

SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT GOD OR ALLAH OF BOTH ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY CREATED THE EARTH OR THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:

And how does it relate to agnostic?

SIMPLE, YOU ACT THE WAY YOU THINK. IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR DICTATES.

YOU ARE YOUR OWN PERSON, YOU DON'T FOLLOW STEREOTYPES, OR THE NORM. YOU ARE A MASTER OF YOURSELF A SLAVE TO NO ONE.

THIS IS VERY CONTRADICTORY TO A RELIGIOUS FOLK AS THEY HAVE RULES AND THINGS THEY LIVE BY FROM THEIR HOLY BOOKS.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Rilwayne001: 6:11am On Apr 11, 2015
bangleslover:

SIMPLE, YOU ACT THE WAY YOU THINK. IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR DICTATES.

YOU ARE YOUR OWN PERSON, YOU DON'T FOLLOW STEREOTYPES, OR THE NORM. YOU ARE A MASTER OF YOURSELF A SLAVE TO NO ONE.

THIS IS VERY CONTRADICTORY TO A RELIGIOUS FOLK AS THEY HAVE RULES AND THINGS THEY LIVE BY FROM THEIR HOLY BOOKS.

Okay

1 Like

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2015
dalaman:

grin grin. I asked a simple question and you just went about rambling. Tell me the exact of the earth using the mystery of God. That's all I asked.

The mystery exist outside time and time exist in the mystery. The earth started in the mystery because the earth is a shadow of the mystery. The past and the future is the today of the mystery, therefore the earth started today.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 6:43am On Apr 11, 2015
bangleslover:

SEE LONG STORY FOR SIMPLE QUESTION! undecided

HOW OLD IS THE EARTH

DO YOU KNOW THAT BOTH CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM AREN'T THE OLDEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD?

SO HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT GOD OR ALLAH OF BOTH ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY CREATED THE EARTH OR THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE?
Christianity is the mystery and the mystery started from eternity past. The earth is a shadow and type of the mystery. Therefore the earth stated in eternity past.

Why are you so obsessed about time? time is not real, for it is only a shadow of the mystery.
Why do you chase shadows? The mystery is the reality of time, chase the mystery instead.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by dalaman: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

The mystery exist outside time and time exist in the mystery. The earth started in the mystery because the earth is a shadow of the mystery. The past and the future is the today of the mystery, therefore the earth started today.

Why do you keep pretending to know what you don't? Why are you spewing thrash.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2015
dalaman:

I reveal to you the wisdom of God embodied in His mystery and you call it thrash just because you don't understand it.
Do you call every maths you can't solve thrash?
This is exactly the problem of you people, when you don't understand something you call it thrash instead of finding a way to understand.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by johnydon22(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2015
dalaman:

You are wasting ur time with that guy... His brains cant be detected with an electronic microscope ... :

1 Like

Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by Hiswordxray(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:

You are wasting ur time with that guy... His brains cant be detected with an electronic microscope ... :
The wisdom of God is higher than the wisdom of man just as the heaven is higher than the earth.

I know you are trying to avoid me, but why?
Are you afraid if you discuss with me you might get converted?
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by adexsimply(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2015
grin
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by malvisguy212: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2015
dalaman:

the mystery of God we know are his nature hidden from the foundation of the world, Not one of you know it, science can never knew it because science cannot look for evidence where matter do not exist.
Re: A Funny Argument I Had With A Christian Preacher. by malvisguy212: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
Dapo777 you meet a lady who couldn't defined 'holy' and you conclude she was a christian, do you know the meaning of christian and it character? Any christian who doesent know what is meant to be holy is not grounded in the word of God, he/she is only a church goer.

Provide a verse where God say he created man to be perfect,God only called everything good,if God eliminate evil then what we have as freewill is partial freewill,you can not expressed your love without trial.
If God wanted to eliminate evil, he wouldn't have allow the knowledge of good and evil to grow in the first place,the perfect world human are asking for is not here,it heaven and before you go there attain the holiness of God in christ Jesus.

According to sango, yoruba is his first creation but history say the Jews and the Egyptian are the oldest in this universe, we will not trust a god who doesent know our history.Many other religions claim a god or gods, but none seem to be interested in punishing human beings,as a sango worshipper , If you fear death, yet believe that sango will not punished your sin , then you are being irrational. Then again, maybe you uncertain whether death is the end of your existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exodus Never Happened And The Walls Of Jericho Did Not Come A-tumbling Down / Letter To Ifeann / My Visit To Leader O. O. Obu By Dr. Bazie Of India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.