Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,434 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. (31154 Views)

10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places / Breaking: Boko Haram Now Gives Loans To Youths As Bait For Membership / Kano City Of Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
Mehn this is like the best thread i've seen in a while, straight-forward.. Hopefully the youths would listen.
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Aside moving up and down to charge,i must admit im guilty of charging and chatting,infact my body scratches me when my battery gets to 20%.i need rehab
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by darnley16(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
adorablepepple:
Ok
all your posts u keep posting "ok" , are u ok?
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by samsticky: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
nkemChetam:
DAMAGING CHAT HABITS PARTICULAR TO YOUTHS OF TODAY.

Gets up 7 a.m in the morning, sleepwalks into the kitchen, grabs something to bite on... His phone's battery is down; picks up his charger and leaves home in search of power to charge his phone. He visits all the salons, even while charging, he's on the phone, Chatting! Chatting! Chatting!!

The phone eventually power up to 30% after 2hrs of ineffective charge due to usage, he hangs the charger around his neck and with great joy, heads back home.

Without removing his shoes or sandals he cruises into the
living room, doing what? Chatting... Before long, the battery gets drained, he leaves home yet again to another barbing salon...

Nightfall; not really satisfied, he returns home say... around 9 p.m, and by 2 am, the charged battery is completely depleted...

*this circle continues daily and meanwhile this dude/sis is supposed to be a potential doctor....... Indeed many youths are captives of technology, all they do is charge -- discharge, Charge -- discharge, charge --discharge, moving about with charger! (Thank God for PowerBanks)

Some young people actually believe without their phones they'll die, some get suicidal tendencies when they have a low battery, SOME CAN GO TO BURIAL JUST TO CHARGE UP!!

You want to be a doctor (doesn't matter if you're a ''Jambite'') can't you start reading medical related books?... It's either one of these or even all:

1: You're chatting with your friend from a saloon where you're charging your device.

Spoiler: he's replying you from his office in KPMG.

2: Or you're chatting with your equally jobless friend discussing and arguing over Ronaldo's red card or GEJ's loss at the polls.

Spoiler: GEJ has accepted defeat, Ronaldo will be back... both men doesn't even know you exist!

3: You're chatting with your supposed girlfriend.

Spoiler: She's replying you from another dudes bed..(Nigerian ladies are the most unfaithful in the world according to research)

4: Most celebrities/people claim they don't chat; rather they reply messages, so that's the norm now..

Spoiler: nothing oh... I just dey laugh u.

5: You're chatting with a total stranger?

Spoiler: Wetin u wan hear? Keep wasting your time.

6: (I know you have more; you're the one with the chat doctorate)

Brov/Sis, this your condition no be your village peeps oh... Leave prayer, You're your own looming nightmare...

Ågbaya, Understand that what you spend your time doing is what you become. Nobody gets food on his/her table because he's a great chatter...

Forget the phone, think-ignite your future... At 18/22 you think you're still a kid?? I bet that 60 year old man/lady who hawks pure water on your street used to think the same...

Speak ya mind!!!...
I love this gr8 advice I will learn form this

1 Like

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
2sureguy1:
It takes away boredomness...........it's lively, can't do without it................buh too much of it is madness, cuz 1 gat 2 move on wif lyf.
boredomness okwa ya.......English don suffer for nairaland aswr!!!!

Meanwhile naija parents can make u do any stupid work once dey see u pressing ur phone........"Okechukwu go and wash the TV"........ gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Thelogician: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
to be sincere it really irrational for youths of this modern age to still be doing that (stupidity of the highest order) instead of them to plan for the future...to be sincere it really irrational for youths of this modern age to still be doing that (stupidity of the highest order) instead of them to plan for the future...to be sincere it really irrational for youths of this modern age to still be doing that (stupidity of the highest order) instead of them to plan for the future...
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by DaimlerBen(m): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
It ruins their concord, lexis & structure. Just ask JAMB.

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by minister087(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
adorablepepple:
Oro shunukun
cool
adorablepepple:
Oro shunukun
dts d oju shunukun......... fi wo n let know what u c
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=nkemChetam post=32565966]DAMAGING CHAT HABITS PARTICULAR TO YOUTHS OF TODAY.

Gets up 7 a.m in the morning, sleepwalks into the kitchen, grabs something to bite on... His phone's battery is down; picks up his charger and leaves home in search of power to charge his phone. He visits all the salons, even while charging, he's on the phone, Chatting! Chatting! Chatting!!

The phone eventually power up to 30% after 2hrs of ineffective charge due to usage, he hangs the charger around his neck and with great joy, heads back home.

living room, doing what? Chatting... Before long, the battery gets drained, he leaves home yet again to another barbing salon...

Nightfall; not really satisfied, he returns home say... around 9 p.m, and by 2 am, the charged battery is completely depleted...

*this circle continues daily and meanwhile this dude/sis is supposed to be a potential doctor....... Indeed many youths are captives of technology, all they do is charge -- discharge, Charge -- discharge, charge --discharge, moving about with charger! (Thank God for PowerBanks)

Some young people actually believe without their phones they'll die, some get suicidal tendencies when they have a low battery, SOME CAN GO TO BURIAL JUST TO CHARGE UP!!

You want to be a doctor (doesn't matter if you're a ''Jambite'') can't you start reading medical related books?... It's either one of these or even all:

1: You're chatting with your friend from a saloon where you're charging your device.

2: Or you're chatting with your equally jobless friend discussing and arguing over Ronaldo's red card or GEJ's loss at the polls.
if we didn't press our phones how could we have been able to see dis ur post op?
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 11, 2015
if there is a way that i can press 1million like for u please tell me let me do it now. i love this write up.

1 Like

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by neyur: 12:19am On Apr 11, 2015
nkemChetam:

Spoiler: GEJ has accepted defeat, Ronaldo will be back... both men doesn't even know you exist!

Spoiler: She's replying you from another dudes bed..(Nigerian ladies are the most unfaithful in the world according to research)

4: Most celebrities/people claim they don't chat; rather they reply messages, so that's the norm now..

Brov/Sis, this your condition no be your village peeps oh... Leave prayer, You're your own looming nightmare...

Ågbaya, Understand that what you spend your time doing is what you become. Nobody gets food on his/her table because he's a great chatter...

Forget the phone, think-ignite your future... At 18/22 you think you're still a kid?? I bet that 60 year old man/lady who hawks pure water on your street used to think the same...

Speak ya mind!!!...

May I remind you that there are two set of people in this life; those who carry-out the action and those who make the action....
Celebrities without fans is yeyebrities
Impressive write up though......
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Santi222(m): 1:17am On Apr 11, 2015
True!
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by ayyyyo(m): 1:23am On Apr 11, 2015
God bless you op!
Am sure you must have directed this post to all youth, it's nice but then again I will say that you were in fact talking to me !!! Let me decipher.

It feels like you're talking to me in particular ( although I chat with control ) yet I still feel am wasting my life ....some days back i sat down was just thinking about my life. and I just can't fathom the amount of time and energy I waste chatting.infact I wanted to stop chatting, well this just proved that God sent you.But this!! This your post hit the nail on my head , no more chatting for me , I must amount to some thing great in life by Gods grace. Great men and women didn't just become great with chatting and fooling around, Thank you op for this, once again God bless you smiley

1 Like

Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by beenaija(m): 4:17am On Apr 11, 2015
dahunsy:
Coughs*** clear throat#...there is a demonic spirit behind it. it's called NRC cry

Spirit of charging and discharging
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Cherlene(f): 5:12am On Apr 11, 2015
Goodmorning

Interesting smiley

Regards,
Cherlene.
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by berbajiday(m): 5:45am On Apr 11, 2015
It helps kill boredom, dad complains I press my fone too much, when I'm watchn a macth, I tweet and when I'm doing oda stuffs I still manage to tap my fone like check NL,goal.com and oda blogs. Too much of evryfn is bad I believe but never allow ur fone prevent u from getting a life.
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by adorablepepple(f): 5:46am On Apr 11, 2015
minister087:
cool dts d oju shunukun......... fi wo n let know what u c
cheesy
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by abdullahzaid: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2015
More and more http://esixsigma.org/ power to our military as we rid our country off the menace of boko haram......
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by boogyman(m): 6:25am On Apr 11, 2015
Another sign of the end time tongue
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nikky4izuu: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2015
nkemChetam:

Speak ya mind!!!...
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2015
youths of these days in Nigeria fails to realize old age is not far to come by. it has become d god of many ve come across. d other day I was in church a girl sitting beside me was on her phone chatting 4rm d beginning of service to d end she was pressing & chatting. i told her to wait till after service she just luk at me & hiss with pride. some girls no dey hear word. well which one be my own na. pastor talk dem no hear, usher no be usher. keep on chatting girl or boy ok!
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Igbins12(f): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2015
Chat with my nokia torchlight phone? Who get time. I only nairaland with it.
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by dom(m): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2015
guilty as charged. But I really thank God I was done with uni and law school long before this social media madness. it would have been pretty disastrous.
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by superfelix: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ehn ehn... Ok smiley
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by spydeer(m): 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
They are useless people
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Mj45: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
barackosama:
Are you Jealous??

like seriously? Dude are u 4 real.
?
Re: Damaging Chat Habits Particular To Youths Of Today. by Crixina(f): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
dom:
guilty as charged. But I really thank God I was done with uni and law school long before this social media madness. it would have been pretty disastrous.
God bless you.
This is the same thing I tell people.so someone else feels this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sticks 68 Match-Sticks In His Nose To Break Guiness World Record / Things You Should Never Apologise For On Nairaland / Chidinma Ogbonna MOUA Student Crushed To Death By A Trailer In Umuahia (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.