Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,581 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam (759 Views)

Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC / Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by januzaj(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, has
lamented that he was betrayed by friends and
close aides, adducing this as the major reason for
his defeat during the Presidential and National
Assembly elections.
Suswam contested the Benue North-East
Senatorial seat but was roundly defeated by the
incumbent Senator, Barnabas Gemade.
He stated this on Friday at the Banquet Hall of
Government House, Makurdi, the state capital,
while assenting the the bills on Chieftaincy Affairs
and Revenue Enhancement, presented to him the
Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Terseer
Ayua.
He said, “I was betrayed by friends, even people
close to me during the election, which made me
lost. I think I have learnt from that and, for me, the
permanent thing in life is change.”
According to him, the nation’s political landscape
is fast growing since opposition is able to defeat
the incumbent at various levels, which, he added,
was historic.
Suswam stressed that he had put the loss behind
him in order to allow peace to continue to reign in
the state.
He noted that politicians should learn to conduct
themselves in a manner that would enhance the
entrenchment of democratic values.
He explained that people should not take defeat as
rejection.
. http://www.punchng.com/news/poll-defeat-my-friends-betrayed-me-says-suswam/
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by Toktee(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
EDIOT,nobody betrayed you and you know it,you are been economical with the truth.
Where is your achievements in Benue state?
Where is the civil servants salaries?
What have you done to deserved senate seat?

1 Like

Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by baby124: 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nigerian politicians are deluded about their political positions. You are there to enrich the lives of your citizens, not to enrich yourself. How long do you expect to treat people like fools and slaves before they fight back. Your defeat and loss is as a result of your greed and believing your own hype plus the hype of the sycophants.
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by kennydee05(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
When u entrusted your life with few ignoring the multitude....
Truly power belong to the people not your friend.
Thanks to my Benue friends
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by MugabeRobert: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
Cry me a river.
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by adino(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Suswan Shut Up, Shut up your Bloody stinking mouth. You are a failure, a total and unparalleled failure and deserve nothing but a RED CARD.
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by cooljude(m): 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
Its a big lie, the people voted you out. You are the main reason why Jonathan lost Benue.
Re: Poll Defeat: My Friends Betrayed Me, Says Suswam by adino(m): 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dont mind the 1diot, it is because of the foolish suswan that made Benue people to vote GEJ out as a collateral damage. What a useless governor.

(1) (Reply)

So Terrible! How Most International Audience View Nigeria / Impeachment : Labour Grounds Ekiti,banks Shut / How Nigeria Spent $61bn To Free South Africa From Apartheid-African Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.