Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila (27680 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / How TAMBUWAL Betrayed Tinubu, Begs For Forgiveness!! / NASS Leadership Election: How Tambuwal Betrayed Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
Femi Gbajabiamila, majority leader of the federal house of representatives, has revealed that he is not on speaking terms with Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto state and former speaker of the lower chamber, who backed Yakubu Dogara to emerge speaker of the green chambers.

Gbajabiamila, who said he felt betrayed, expressed disappointment at Tambuwal’s comments questioning his competence to occupy the position.
Tambuwal had initially said he had a strong affinity for Gbajabiamila, but he endorsed Dogara due to his “proven competence” as chairman of house services committee.

Speaking on Straight Talk with Kadaria Ahmed aired on Channels Television on Wednesday night, Gbajabiamila revealed the betrayal he felt for Tambuwal’s comments.

“It’s a comment I would rather ignore, I feel disappointed in that statement. Looking at that statement, there are many things wrong with that statement, which I don’t want to join issues with. But let me just say this since this is ‘straight talk’.
“I feel disappointed that a speaker to whom much had been given would chop down the issue of leadership and competence to the issue of procurement. That is the last thing I would expect him to say,” adding that the same procurement got Patricia Etteh and Dimeji Bankole into trouble.
“To seat here and say there is no sense of betrayal would be lying. Of course, there is a sense of betrayal, but it’s not something I dwell on. Betrayal unfortunately happens to be the order of the day in politics – particularly in Nigeria. So do I feel betrayed? Yes.

“Tambuwal was one of my closest friends when he ran for speaker; I think I single-handedly pushed his speakership bid. But again, he must have reasons why he did what he did. That must be respected; I just wished he had made that known.”

Asked if he had spoken with Tambuwal since the election, he said: “No I have not, I am not crossing paths with him, he is in Sokoto, I’m in Abuja; you might want to direct that question to him. Who do you think should be reaching out to who?

“When it was clear we were going to win, the other side walked out. Tambuwal, who is my friend, did not call once to congratulate me, he never sent a message, and I haven’t spoken to him since then.”

Speaking on allegations levelled against Babtunde Fashola on budgetary allocations and contract, Gbajabiamila said “I am not holding brief for him, he may be guilty. But as of today he has not been proven guilty.”

https://www.thecable.ng/gbaja-tambuwal-betrayed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by ladyF(f): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eeyah

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by EgusiSoup: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Eeyah

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Holyfield1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Tambuwal now knows he has played bad politics. When you back stab your friend in politics, it is a sin that is never forgiven. Tambuwal should have stayed back in Sokoto and leave Dogara and Gbajabiamila to slug it out. He has unnecessarily dim his political star in the south west. If Buhari decides not to contest again in 2019, Tambuwal can not be favoured in the south west. He shot himself on the foot politically and he will live to regret that cation.

99 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Holyfield1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
EgusiSoup:
cheesy
Get thee behind me Egusisoup

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Rounakid(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
So?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Holyfield1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
ladyF:
Eeyah
How come?....This land belongs to me whether u like it or not ..I AM FTC grin grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by EgusiSoup: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
Holyfield1:
Get thee behind me Egusisoup

**pours hot Egusi Soup in his face***
undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by madridguy(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Blakjewelry(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
Well it's just a game
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
Dear Femi,

Pls stop crying. I overheard you tell Tambuwal the other time dat u have moved on, but its clear u cry in the confines of ur pillow every night. This is what u get when u align urself with a dullard. He doesn't know the political game of 2015...he will only set u backwards to 1984.

Lesson: Don't put ur hope in an illiterate dullard, u will reap big time loss.

Yours in consolation..
Editor!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by chymystique(f): 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
Gbaja Should please cry me an ocean! I thought he said he has moved on ironically, while was he crying on channels tv today while the lady was interviewing him... Politics is a game of interest; no permanent friend or enemy in politics and I believe he knows that after backstabbing his SW sister.. Karma is a B¡tch..undecided

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by 4reala(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
There are backstabbers everywhere
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by MrZachs(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Sebi na em friend...

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
You see that poster ^ he's d girl of d 1 downwards
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by skyface00(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
I love the way and manner he answered the question concerning fashola

Straight and sincere answer

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by WailingWailer00(m): 1:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Yellowbar people are natural backstabbers, you were just paid in your own coin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by ifyan(m): 2:46am On Aug 27, 2015
Seriously this is epic backstabbing.

Really felt. In a sober mood by Gbabajiamila

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by ifyan(m): 2:47am On Aug 27, 2015
And this should be a lesson to everyone.

No those that shine teeth with you are your friends

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Season of lamentations!! What goes around must surely come around. Just relax and wait for ur turn afterall ur are there for self aggrandizement and not for the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by OfoIgbo: 4:58am On Aug 27, 2015
Holyfield1:
Tambuwal now knows he has played bad politics. When you back stab your friend in politics, it is a sin that is never forgiven. Tambuwal should have stayed back in Sokoto and leave Dogara and Gbajabiamila to slug it out. He has unnecessarily dim his political star in the south west. If Buhari decides not to contest again in 2019, Tambuwal can not be favoured in the south west. He shot himself on the foot politically and he will live to regret that cation.

But Tambuwal's action may have brightened his chances in the SS and SE, so in spite of loosing the SW trust, he made a net gain of an additional 5 states grin

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by frankyychiji(f): 5:44am On Aug 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin Femi sabi wail o!! D guy go sabi cry well well wen he was a kid. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Holyfield1(m): 6:03am On Aug 27, 2015
OfoIgbo:

But Tambuwal's action may have brightened his chances in the SS and SE, so in spite of loosing the SW trust, he made a net gain of an additional 5 states grin
grin

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 27, 2015
This is Politics its neva a game of betrayal. People out smart people. Just say d deal never worked as planned.shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by shaddoww: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2015
OfoIgbo:

But he has also lost some states in d north, especially d Buhari fanatics, cos Gbaja was portrayed as Buhari’s candidate

14 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by erunz(m): 6:26am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by otukpo(f): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Oh Gbaja, remember, "no permanent priend, no permanent enemy"

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by ideykwum: 6:38am On Aug 27, 2015
That's not true! When the chips are on the table, a Northerner will support a northerner!!

shaddoww:
But he has also lost some states in d north, especially d Buhari fanatics, cos Gbaja was portrayed as Buhari’s candidate

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by shaddoww: 6:42am On Aug 27, 2015
ideykwum:
That's not true! When the chips are on the table, a Northerner will support a northerner!!

so u think he can beat El-rufai who is d junior Buhari?

11 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2015
OfoIgbo:

Dont mind them!! They would soon find out hiw irrelevant they are when next a SW candidate contests against a northerner.The entire north with the rest of the south will go with that candidate

26 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by OfoIgbo: 6:58am On Aug 27, 2015
shaddoww:

That still doesn't matter because the states that voted Dogara to VICTORY will support Tambuwal grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Betrayed Me, Says Gbajabiamila by SeverusSnape(m): 7:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Holyfield1:
True to a large extent...but seriously Tambuwal doesn't need the south west to win. The north will give him block vote. The south west will be divided in their voting pattern.

By the way, I just observed something. Dearpreye , You've been banned, right?... Share this comment for yes, like for no.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cattle Breeders Visit Governor Fayose (Photos) / Osinbajo In Group Photo With World Leaders At G7 Summit / Clash Between Fulani And Berom Natives In Plateau. Villagers Killed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.