Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 (98090 Views)

British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Global Graduate (operations) Programme 2 / 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment / Trade Marketing Representative At British American Tobacco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Jamieb(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
British American Tobacco Entry Level recruitment is
currently ongoing.
British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British
multinational tobacco company headquartered in London,
United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco
companies.
Trade Marketing Representative – South East
Job purpose and key deliverables
We build distinctive brands that excite our consumers and
satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail
environment. Our trade marketing account representatives
manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in
a geographical area, implementing corporate plans,
negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers,
giving them expert advice and knowledge on products,
pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got
what it takes to succeed and you’ll find plenty of challenge,
opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic
benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and
give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you
meet your full potential.
You will:
Own performance across your territory and maintain
strong retailer relationships.
Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business
relationships, answer their questions, issues and
concerns, and monitor contract compliance.
Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve
national, regional, and district-level objectives.
Meet market demand for our products by maintaining
inventory levels and hitting brand distribution targets.
Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing
account representatives.
Essential requirements
You’ll be a graduate or equivalent in marketing, business, or
a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and
negotiation skills. With the drive to work independently and
focus on results, you’ll be a strategic thinker with strong
business acumen. Most of all, you’ll be a proven leader with
the ability to create close working relationships with a wide
variety of trade partners.
Desirable requirements
data-ad-slot="7239558686">
You’ll be travelling extensively across your territory to meet
a wide variety of trade partners, so you’ll need to be
prepared to spend a lot of time on the road.
Trade Marketing Representative – North
Job purpose and key deliverables
We build distinctive brands that excite our consumers and
satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail
environment. Our trade marketing account representatives
manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in
a geographical area, implementing corporate plans,
negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers,
giving them expert advice and knowledge on products,
pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got
what it takes to succeed and you’ll find plenty of challenge,
opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic
benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and
give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you
meet your full potential.
Successful candidates will be besed in various locations
across Northern Nigeria
You will:
Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business
relationships, answer their questions, issues and
concerns, and monitor contract compliance.
Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve
national, regional, and district-level objectives. copied
from www..com
Meet market demand for our products by maintaining
inventory levels and hitting brand distribution targets
Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing
account representatives.
Essential requirements
You’ll be a graduate or equivalent in marketing, business, or
a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and
negotiation skills. With the drive to work independently and
focus on results, you’ll be a strategic thinker with strong
business acumen. Most of all, you’ll be a proven leader with
the ability to create close working relationships with a wide
variety of trade partners.
Candidtes must be fluent in Hausa and English language
Desirable requirements
You’ll be travelling extensively across your territory to meet
a wide variety of trade partners, so you’ll need to be
prepared to spend a lot of time on the road.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click
here to apply online.

Source www..com/2015/04/graduate-entry-level-recruitment-at-british-american-tobacco/
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by deturla: 11:01am On Apr 11, 2015
Whats the latest on this one?

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by concept86: 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
Did the culture questionnaire assessment...waiting for the next stage
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
@concept check ur email cos I did cultural and cognitive test immediatly am waiting for phone interview
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by saintkash(m): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
concept86:
Did the culture questionnaire assessment...waiting for the next stage

hi pls wats d culture questionnaire assessment test like? a brief info will help bro
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by motcom(f): 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
I got the mail too but the link is not opening,pls what do I do?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by concept86: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Alikote:
@concept check ur email cos I did cultural and cognitive test immediatly am waiting for phone interview

Well I didn't get the mail for cognitive test after the cultural assessment, might have to re-apply
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Alikote:

Pls how was the cognitive test? Was it kenexa as well and was it graphs and charts?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
concept86:

Well I didn't get the mail for cognitive test after the cultural assessment, might have to re-apply

Yeah, you do just that. And remember to tell them what they want to hear should you get the Cultural Assessment thingy this time around.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
concept86:

Again, I'm sorry to tell you that you may not be able to withdraw or reactivate the role. Why? as long as that "reject" stuff is in the HR Status tab, those options are not open to you. They are only open for candidates that have been progressing successfully through the ranks and for one reason or another decide to change their minds. For rejected candidates....nada.

I'm thinking that you could re-apply using another account. I'm sure you understand. If you use the same account the system will reject it as duplicate applications are not allowed irrespective of the outcome of your first application. Hope I've been of help to you and others.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by damzy88: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
4C2215131:

Again, I'm sorry to tell you that you may not be able to withdraw or reactivate the role. Why? as long as that "reject" stuff is in the HR Status tab, those options are not open to you. They are only open for candidates that have been progressing successfully through the ranks and for one reason or another decide to change their minds. For rejected candidates....nada.

I'm thinking that you could re-apply using another account. I'm sure you understand. If you use the same account the system will reject it as duplicate applications are not allowed irrespective of the outcome of your first application. Hope I've been of help to you and others.
. Any tips for those of us yet to get the cultural stuff?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
damzy88:
. Any tips for those of us yet to get the cultural stuff?

What role did you apply for please?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
4C2215131:

An addendum please, if you check your job application status and find you've the assessment thingy on your HR Status tab, good for you BUT note this, do not for any reason play with the "WITHDRAW" tab, if you click on it by mistake or just to see what will happen, your application gets withdrawn immediately without a warning query given! why they would do a thing like this beats me. Same thing with deleting anything on the job profile be it cvs, cover letters e.t.c. Unlike some other recruiting sites of say companies like my beloved GE and the like where you get a warning asking you to confirm your decision which you may now reject if you weren't thinking coherently when you clicked on the delete or withdraw application button.

On the upside though BAT says you can re-apply after withdrawing BUT they do not guarantee that you application will be given the due consideration it deserves ( and I understand with them, if you really wanted the job, you wouldn't have withdrawn your application in the first place. So, it only makes sense that they expend their time and resources on candidates who REALLY need the job).

Again for those intending to re-apply with another account after rejection, it may not work. Thought it could, but seems the system is quite smarter than I thought. Keep trying though, with IT a lot of s@#t can happen. If you must. I suggest using another system (laptop or whatever device you used in the first instance) coupled with a new user account (of course different email and stuff) to re-apply for same role. If you meet with success do come back here to let the poor folks who were rejected know so they could follow suit.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
4C2215131:

An addendum please, if you check your job application status and find you've the assessment thingy on your HR Status tab, good for you BUT note this, do not for any reason play with the "WITHDRAW" tab, if you click on it by mistake or just to see what will happen, your application gets withdrawn immediately without a warning query given! why they would do a thing like this beats me. Same thing with deleting anything on the job profile be it cvs, cover letters e.t.c. Unlike some other recruiting sites of say companies like my beloved GE and the like where you get a warning asking you to confirm your decision which you may now reject if you weren't thinking coherently when you clicked on the delete or withdraw application button.

On the upside though BAT says you can re-apply after withdrawing BUT they do not guarantee that you application will be given the due consideration it deserves ( and I understand with them, if you really wanted the job, you wouldn't have withdrawn your application in the first place. So, it only makes sense that they expend their time and resources on candidates who REALLY need the job).

Again for those intending to re-apply with another account after rejection, it may not work. Thought it could, but seems the system is quite smarter than I thought. Keep trying though, with IT a lot of s@#t can happen. If you must. I suggest using another system (laptop or whatever device you used in the first instance) coupled with a new user account (of course different email and stuff) to re-apply for same role. If you meet with success do come back here to let the poor folks who were rejected know so they could follow suit.

If all else fails, there's just one last resort to get back in the game. If that fails, then you my friends, may not be destined to work in a cigarette manufacturing company.

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by damzy88: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
4C2215131:

What role did you apply for please?
trade and marketing rep for south south. please shed more light on the cultural assessment and cognitive
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by smartleo(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pls I tried applying now ,bat site said the opening has closed?pls how did u guys applies,pls put me tthrough.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 7:19am On Apr 13, 2015
trade and marketing rep for south south. please
shed more light on the cultural assessment and
cognitive.

please was any post for SS or was d vacancy nationwide?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2015
Apply using either of the links below, one is for Trade Marketing Representative for North while the other is for South East. Please note that for you to access this link...you need to have an account on "linkedin". If you do not have one, you may want to google the job vacancy advert to get the link.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=44211419&trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A3574410001428915511676%2CVSRPtargetId%3A44211419%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=44210484&trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A3574410001428915511676%2CVSRPtargetId%3A44210484%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2015
I just applied for TMR-North at BATMN last night. Done the first stage "Cultural Assessment": for this you need to choose which is most important and least important, for each question, you will have three options...such that you ought to have 1. most important 2. Important and 3. Least important. Note that all are important but you need to prioritize them when responding. You do not need any clue per say, its just you been you and evaluating you. Goodluck! I am on the second stage..."Cognitive Assessment". But scared to start, do not know what to expect...God bless our hustle...cos for me, I seriously need a change of job right now and Sales and Marketing has been my thing. I wish you all good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by FESTAC101: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Cognitive Test-No big deal,just few numerical and verbal questions.
Awaiting telephone interview.

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by TheeRevelation: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2015
FESTAC101:
How many questions in total bro?

And was a success mail sent after the test?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by jbaby4u: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2015
Pls do you have any idea if the time taken to answer the culture test matters?
Abbeykord:
I just applied for TMR-North at BATMN last night. Done the first stage "Cultural Assessment": for this you need to choose which is most important and least important, for each question, you will have three options...such that you ought to have 1. most important 2. Important and 3. Least important. Note that all are important but you need to prioritize them when responding. You do not need any clue per say, its just you been you and evaluating you. Goodluck! I am on the second stage..."Cognitive Assessment". But scared to start, do not know what to expect...God bless our hustle...cos for me, I seriously need a change of job right now and Sales and Marketing has been my thing. I wish you all good luck!
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Expected finish time is 10mins but I finished in 25mins. I'll advise that you don't stay long on it but maintain consistency in your responses.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Hi FESTAC101...please share few hints on the numerical and verbal questions. What is the timeframe?
FESTAC101:
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by FESTAC101: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Cannot remember the number of questions but numerical had fewer questions like 5Qs while verbal is like 10 or 12.
They sent a mail notifying of the success and stated they would review the application further and a HR rep would contact me for the next stage.

See below.

Thanks for taking the time to complete the assessment so far, and congratulations on making it through to the next stage. It is a robust process to go through but, like everyone who joins us, we’re sure you have the tenacity and determination to overcome the unique challenges present in a vast international business like ours.

We’ll be in touch again once we’ve reviewed your application further.

With best wishes,

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by jbaby4u: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
Alright, thanks.
Abbeykord:
Expected finish time is 10mins but I finished in 25mins. I'll advise that you don't stay long on it but maintain consistency in your responses.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by emmabongo(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
can some1 plz tell mw wat de meant sending a congnitive test reminder wen am already 2ru wiv d test bt yet to get d mail notifying my awaiting phone interview
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by FESTAC101: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
seems you have an outstanding test.should be two.Check again.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Edokpia: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Abbeykord:
. I just rounded up my first assessment how long will it take for me to be contacted for the second test.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Following....
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by onyenro(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
I have done the cultural test. who has done the verbal test?
you could use your phone with a high capacity browser to apply but you need a desktop to do the test. shalom
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by modandoye: 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
I have done the culture questionnaire but no reply yet. how long will it take to begin the next stage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Have You Been Able To Apply For DPR Graduate Trainee? Share Your Experience. / Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) / Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.