Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 (98043 Views)

British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Global Graduate (operations) Programme 2 / 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment / Trade Marketing Representative At British American Tobacco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by jbaby4u: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
mine was 3 numerical questions and abt 7 verbal questions. the numericals was in pie chart and the verbal was a brief comprehension passages ( abt 4 or so) but the questions varies for each applicant cos a colleague of mine did and his questions were far more than mine
kavenich:

What's the nature of the cognitive test (the numerical and verbal)?

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by sawyer89: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
I applied for the Management Trainee (Manufacturing) on Saturday. I was successful with both my cultural and cognitive assessments. I Received a call this evening from an HR lady requesting for my NYSC status. I told her I will be concluding NYSC by June/July. Who else is in my shoe? Kinda feeling apprehensive sad
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Has anybody that applied for Trade Marketing Representative (South East) been called for the 'Telephone Interview'? cos I've been moving with my phone since then like never before.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
sawyer89:
I applied for the Management Trainee (Manufacturing) on Saturday. I was successful with both my cultural and cognitive assessments. I Received a call this evening from an HR lady requesting for my NYSC status. I told her I will be concluding NYSC by June/July. Who else is in my shoe? Kinda feeling apprehensive sad

What did you study in school?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
samnazarit:
Has anybody that applied for Trade Marketing Representative (South East) been called for the 'Telephone Interview'? cos I've been moving with my phone since then like never before.

Me too oh
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
samnazarit:

In structured companies or Multinationals or Blue chip companies you are not taken unawares when it comes to phone interviews. So no need to get all worried and carry your phone around.

A HR personnel will call you first to agree on a time for the phone interview or you'll be mailed about it towards fixing a time for the deed.

P/S: This thread is for the TMR position, there's a separate thread for Management Trainees for all you guys talking about "course of study".
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by sawyer89: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
helenmi:

What did you study in school?

Chemical Engineering
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by WildOne(f): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
3doursdown:

In structured companies or Multinationals or Blue chip companies you are not taken unawares when it comes to phone interviews. So no need to get all worried and carry your phone around.
A HR personnel will call you first to agree on a time for the phone interview or you'll be mailed about it towards fixing a time for the deed.
P/S: This thread is for the TMR position, there's a separate thread for Management Trainees for all you guys talking about "course of study".

Actually, this thread is for the Mgt Trainee guys. The TMR people are over here www.nairaland.com/2246685/trade-marketing-representative-british-american
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
WildOne:

Actually, this thread is for the Mgt Trainee guys. The TMR people are over here www.nairaland.com/2246685/trade-marketing-representative-british-american

Have you gone through page 0-3?

Seems you haven't. Shows total lack of attention to detail.

Not a trait you should want to carry with you going into a job search.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
3doursdown:

Have you gone through page 0-3?

Seems you haven't. Shows total lack of attention to detail.

Not a trait you should want to carry with you going into a job search.

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2015
In case the MT guys on this tread are not aware, below was the first post ever on this tread, so please...do not derail this tread. Gracias!
WildOne:

Jamieb:
British American Tobacco Entry Level recruitment is
currently ongoing.
British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British
multinational tobacco company headquartered in London,
United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco
companies.
Trade Marketing Representative – South East
Job purpose and key deliverables
We build distinctive brands that excite our consumers and
satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail
environment. Our trade marketing account representatives
manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in
a geographical area, implementing corporate plans,
negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers,
giving them expert advice and knowledge on products,
pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got
what it takes to succeed and you’ll find plenty of challenge,
opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic
benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and
give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you
meet your full potential.
You will:
Own performance across your territory and maintain
strong retailer relationships.
Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business
relationships, answer their questions, issues and
concerns, and monitor contract compliance.
Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve
national, regional, and district-level objectives.
Meet market demand for our products by maintaining
inventory levels and hitting brand distribution targets.
Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing
account representatives.
Essential requirements
You’ll be a graduate or equivalent in marketing, business, or
a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and
negotiation skills. With the drive to work independently and
focus on results, you’ll be a strategic thinker with strong
business acumen. Most of all, you’ll be a proven leader with
the ability to create close working relationships with a wide
variety of trade partners.
Desirable requirements
data-ad-slot="7239558686">
You’ll be travelling extensively across your territory to meet
a wide variety of trade partners, so you’ll need to be
prepared to spend a lot of time on the road.
Trade Marketing Representative – North
Job purpose and key deliverables
We build distinctive brands that excite our consumers and
satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail
environment. Our trade marketing account representatives
manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in
a geographical area, implementing corporate plans,
negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers,
giving them expert advice and knowledge on products,
pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got
what it takes to succeed and you’ll find plenty of challenge,
opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic
benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and
give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you
meet your full potential.
Successful candidates will be besed in various locations
across Northern Nigeria
You will:
Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business
relationships, answer their questions, issues and
concerns, and monitor contract compliance.
Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve
national, regional, and district-level objectives. copied
from www..com
Meet market demand for our products by maintaining
inventory levels and hitting brand distribution targets
Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing
account representatives.
Essential requirements
You’ll be a graduate or equivalent in marketing, business, or
a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and
negotiation skills. With the drive to work independently and
focus on results, you’ll be a strategic thinker with strong
business acumen. Most of all, you’ll be a proven leader with
the ability to create close working relationships with a wide
variety of trade partners.
Candidtes must be fluent in Hausa and English language
Desirable requirements
You’ll be travelling extensively across your territory to meet
a wide variety of trade partners, so you’ll need to be
prepared to spend a lot of time on the road.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click
here to apply online.

Source www..com/2015/04/graduate-entry-level-recruitment-at-british-american-tobacco/

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2015
MT guys...you may want to follow this link to access the most recent thread for Management Trainee on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2259337/british-american-tobacco-nigeria-batn#32774121
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2015
please is it possible to manage/edit my already submitted CV? Have d phone calls startd streaming in?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Ahumareze(f): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please the cognitive tests is it based on whether you picked manufacturing or finance? Because people are getting varying questions i was wondering. Also what kind of questions came up in the numerical and verbal?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by kavenich(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
jbaby4u:
mine was 3 numerical questions and abt 7 verbal questions. the numericals was in pie chart and the verbal was a brief comprehension passages ( abt 4 or so) but the questions varies for each applicant cos a colleague of mine did and his questions were far more than mine
Thanks
I had about 7 numerical and up to 12 verbal, a mixture of sentence completion and comprehension.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by ratigan(f): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
kavenich:

Thanks
I had about 7 numerical and up to 12 verbal, a mixture of sentence completion and comprehension.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Yes you can still edit your CV. Click on CV manager>>>Click Edit under "CVs"
arabralph:
please is it possible to manage/edit my already submitted CV? Have d phone calls startd streaming in?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by kavenich(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
ratigan:

Please is it like basic maths questions? what are they like? And also did u get a success mail? Thanks

Tables, and charts (which and which took which percentage of the blah blah blah). I got it immediately.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 7:26am On Apr 22, 2015
[thanks Abbeykord,it seems there's no link to effect d editing cos its like d link has closed..pls u could paste d link if u have it.maybe am not getting it right.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2015
Click on the pen image https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/images/icon_edit.gif. There is no direct link to it. The link I pasted is for you to know what the pen image looks like.
arabralph:
[thanks Abbeykord,it seems there's no link to effect d editing cos its like d link has closed..pls u could paste d link if u have it.maybe am not getting it right.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 6:51am On Apr 23, 2015
hmmm...no phone calls yet....
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by arabralph(m): 7:07am On Apr 23, 2015
hope it wont take 2months b4 they start calling...tried uploading cv but all to no avail.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Abbeykord: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2015
Upload as an attachment...on "edit profile"
arabralph:
hope it wont take 2months b4 they start calling...tried uploading cv but all to no avail.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by POPSDADMA(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2015
sawyer89:
Pls Hw did sort out d issues of "why did u want 2 work 4 BAT? What interests u most about working within the business area u av applied 4?" and d likes? Did u write up to 4k words? Pls giv me a good insight on Hw u scraped thru dat stage.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by POPSDADMA(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2015
asonopepo:

I got a congratulatory mail about an hour after the test. Login to check your status.

Cheers.

Pls Hw did u sort out d issues of "why did u want 2 work 4 BAT? What interests u most about working within the business area u av applied 4?" and d likes? Did u write up to 4k words? Pls giv me a good insight on Hw u scraped thru dat stage.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by emmabod(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
arabralph:
Pls can you holla @me
I want to discuss on some issues on this stuf
Thanks
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by kavenich(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
POPSDADMA:

Pls Hw did u sort out d issues of "why did u want 2 work 4 BAT? What interests u most about working within the business area u av applied 4?" and d likes? Did u write up to 4k words? Pls giv me a good insight on Hw u scraped thru dat stage.

It's not 4k "words" but "characters. Take a survey through BATN's website; understand the company's goals, mission and policies with the job requirements. Also base some of the reasons why you want to work with them on their awards/achievements.
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Pls how long does it take to get a notification after writing the BAT cognitive test
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by tinaupsky: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2015
I got a missed call from 090208692... but i dont know if it's from BAT. I tried calling the number but it was not connecting.

Please who else got a call from the number?
Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by 4C2215131: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2015
tinaupsky:
I got a missed call from 090208692... but i dont know if it's from BAT. I tried calling the number but it was not connecting.

Please who else got a call from the number?

Damn! You seem so strung up on this BAT stuff. You gotta loosen up a bit, take a step back, breathe, assume a detached stance. Most of the time when you want 'it' so bad, you can't have it.

You'll get the call when you get the call. Shalom.

P.S: I understand though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Recruitment At British American Tobacco 2015 by Topsonhandsome(m): 11:38am On Apr 24, 2015
Pls help ♍ƺ .... I have done the cross cultural test and it was well submitted but I'm yet to receive another text for the next test . Pls its very urgent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) / Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment / Nigerian Army 72 Regular Recruit Intake For 2014/2015 Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.