Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal (1777 Views)

Eziachi: My Open Letter To Nigerian Biafra Fantasist / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Eziachi: 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
In few weeks time, Mr Mohammad Buhari along with Femi Osinabjo will we sworn in as the president and vice president of Nigeria. Record shows that most successful leaders often hit the ground running immediately after they are sworn in.

Buhari ran on the mantra of tackling corruption and I do hope and wish that he will keep to his words. However, if I am to have an audience with him, I will tell him few things, but I would like him to do two particular important things regarding his plans to fight corruption.

I will advise Buhari to declare a Financial Amnesty that,will be backed up by a legislative Statute (law). The Amnesty will mandate every public official from 1999 till date to voluntarily return, whatever they had taken illegally from the Nigerian State without their name being made public or prosecuted.
The Amnesty shall last for eight months, after which, they door of the Amnesty shall be shut.

The Amnesty shall be followed with a Statutory Legislation authorizing constitution of a Financial/Economic Crime Tribunal with SPECIAL powers to try crimes specific to economics/finance matters.
The tribunal shall be situated in each of the present 6 Geo-political zones outside the state capitals with reputable 7 judges at each center.

Tribunal center SHALL have jurisdiction to try any accused person assigned to it, irrespective of where defendant comes from.
Anyone found to be economical with the truth with Amnesty declaration shall face the tribunal. Anyone that failed to declare anything but was later found to have some skeletons, shall equally face the tribunal. This will quicken the dispensation of cases and reduce the backlog in the court and deliberate waste of time by attorneys.

Buhari shall overhaul and restructure the EFCC and backed it with a forensic science department. Those charged by the EFCC shall face the tribunal rather than the normal court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by CyberWolf: 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
We are watching....What will be the penalty for embezzlement of public fund?.... because that's the most important thing.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by raumdeuter: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
The words of the elder are usually golden.

Elder Eziachi, I support your suggestion and salute you.

He should promise them immunity from prosecution, if they return ALL they stole. Failure to do that by January 2016 game would change and any stolen Kobo found in your possesion you would account for

I suggested Abubakar Dangiwa Umar as EFCC boss, What do you think ?

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
good idea.
i just hope that buhari understands sophisticated things like forensic EFCC dept.
this is when that school cert would have helped. cheesy
anyway in God we trust. cry

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Elslim: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
Papa Buhar Just Implement DEATH PENALTY for corruption like china... walai nobody go touch public fund again for we con3

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by nzeobi(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
Corruption tribunal and cases should not excees 6 months but is it true that UK spent 14 million on iboris case

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by theV0ice: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
Elder Eziachi, your suggestion is good but you'll only give those suffering from Buhariphobia another license to start their defamation game.

They are scared to death of that word ''Tribunal''

If the NASS will cooperate, i'll really like some arrangement like this to be put in place for recovery of stolen monies

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by theV0ice: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
relchange:
good idea.
i just hope that buhari understands sophisticated things like forensic EFCC dept.

What has GEJ with his 'PHD' done for the forensic dept of the EFCC which another soldier (OBJ) instituted?

learn to let go......it's a free advice

4 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by oluomad(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
Tinubu and AmaEThief pls start returning d billions osiso
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Good182: 6:55am On Apr 11, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by ayox2003: 7:08am On Apr 11, 2015
This was exactly what the current president of China did when he assumed office.

One of the reasons I voted for Buhari apart from his sterling integrity, was his anti-corruption stance. The likes of Deziani and Marilyn Ogar that have fed fat-rotund-bloated on our money and now romancing with Abdusalam to beg Buhari should be prosecuted, and the money refunded into the treasury.

I dont concur with Buhari not probing GEJs administration. I'm sure if an audit is carried out and he gets to see the gargantuan amount that had been looted, he would change his mind.

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Djicemob: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2015
ayox2003:
This was exactly what the current president of China did when he assumed office.

One of the reasons I voted for Buhari apart from his sterling integrity, was his anti-corruption stance. The likes of Deziani and Marilyn Ogar that have fed fat-rotund-bloated on our money and now romancing with Abdusalam to beg Buhari should be prosecuted, and the money refunded into the treasury.

I dont concur with Buhari not probing GEJs administration. I'm sure if an audit is carried out and he gets to see the gargantuan amount that had been looted, he would change his mind.

Frawzey
I notice how you guys stylishly and conveniently keep omitting Tinubu and Atiku's name in all these your anti-corruption rubb!sh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by doctokwus: 7:23am On Apr 11, 2015
Financial amnesty without disclosure;what purpose does it serve?
I would rather a plea bargaining with name disclosure but no prison term,that's how it should be.
We must @least extract some level of guilt and public rebuke/shame from people who have stolen public wealth even if we dont send them all to jail.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by MalcoImX: 7:24am On Apr 11, 2015
We don't know what Buhari's plans are, but this is a nice idea and it's better than blanket amnesty which I canvassed before. The amnesty period, I think, should be reduced to six months instead of the eight you suggested.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by deandavid(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2015
Nice idea. But I still thing the names of those who returned their stolen pubic fynds should be published.that should be their punishment. Even though no prison sentence. D shame and stigma will do.then after d amnesty period, do d China style.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by driand(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2015
Yeah you are correct with the amnesty advice but trust me buhari has a better plan for those people, they didn't really take buhari seriously when he said he would draw a line between the past and the present.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by deandavid(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2015
relchange:
good idea.
you think buhari is a dunce right. BTW do u know prof osibanjo? Read his profile,u will know he brought d idea of forensic checking of ballot paper,when PDP were doing ghost thumb printing. He is the vice president. Buhari won't work alone.even if buhari doesn't have a certificate.his right hand man has load of certificates to cover for him.shikena.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by johnmartus(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2015
in fact this suggestion make sense how i wish buhari adopt the system
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by patrickmuf(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2015
theV0ice:

What has GEJ with his 'PHD' done for the forensic dept of the EFCC which another soldier (OBJ) instituted?

learn to let go......it's a free advice

Priceless reply...

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by opalu: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2015
OP, I can give you the direct contact of the President Elect to present this brilliant Idea to him.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by thunderrider: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Watching
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
relchange:
good idea.
You tell us: what is "Forensic EFCC dept."? We want to be sophisticated too.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
Oga Ezeachi, supreme court will strike out this legislation as unconstitutional and illegal.

We are not in Military Era where a machoman with the help of supreme military council makes degrees without recourse to the constitution.

The civil society, labour union and legal luminaries will kick against it as was done in Alams case though he completed his terms whose plea bargain included National pardon.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Oga Ezeachi, supreme court will strike out this legislation as unconstitutional and illegal.

We are not in Military Era where a machoman with the help of supreme military council makes degrees without recourse to the constitution.

The civil society, labour union and legal luminaries will kick against it as was done in Alams case though he completed his terms whose plea bargain included National pardon.
Speak on only issues you're conversant about.
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Speak on only issues you're conversant about.

Who are you to tell me what is in our constitution when you are a refugee in foreign land?
Re: Eziachi: Buhari-Declare Financial Amnesty & Economic/financial Tribunal by Kitsune: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
If Only Buhari would do something like this then maybe they can recover something from the almost 200Billion Dollars stolen from this country.
But Im sure those who prefer to celebrate corruption would aggressively oppose this, probably because if it works out their desire for his failure wont happen anymore.

(1) (Reply)

It's Rashidi Yekini's Anniversary -please Don't Forget The Football Legend / While you were away sir- GEJ / Deplorable Condition Of Saint Saviour Road Benin City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.