Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability (4422 Views)

Eziachi: My Open Letter To Nigerian Biafra Fantasist / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Eziachi: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2015
When Fashola government deported Igbos and some others for whatever reason given. I personally kicked against it because never in my over 40 years of living in Britain have I heard any English county deporting a British national because he is Scottish, Welch or northern Irish.
I cannot either remembering any American deported from New York because he is an unemployed miscreat or a criminal from Alabama.
I was egging Jonathan on to come out in force to defend her citizens but he had 2015 in mind by playing the ostrich through the saga just like OBJ with the Sharia.

I reasoned that if they brought Ndigbo back into Nigeria after millions of blood was shed through the civil war, that every Onye-igbo should be able to live wherever they choose without being labelled a non indigenous person in their supposed country and that goes for any other person in Nigeria irrespective of their tribal lineage.

There is no doubt, that with a huge Igbo population in Lagos, that they as a group is an asset to any party or candidate in Lagos if well harnessed. I reasoned that Ndigbo in Lagos could be a bride being chased by two suitors if they manage themselves well.

When some were making noise endorsing Jonathan with chest beating, I warned against that because I believed that, they could have courted both sides and whoever win, they will still be in the driving seat.
But when you lay all you eggs into one basket, you are playing a risky and a dangerous game.
Who does not know that other southern groups voted for PDP in presidential poll , but no one is talking about them because they played it cool and silently?

Who does not know that most Yoruba traditional rulers are non party carrying members of either PDP or APC? The likes of Sijuade is PDP, Awujale leans towards APC and overall, Oba Akiolu is APC without having to disguise it.
So when Ndigbo voted Jonathan, the likes Akiolu must have been silently peeved but when some Igbo individuals started the noise again with Agbaje, when the likes of Akiolu is rooting for Ambode, I knew that it's bound to get ugly and that has resulted in his childish ranting recently.

So it seems that Ndigbo don't seem to learn how to play Nigeria politics again. Why start a fight that is not necessarily important, not yours and a fight you are unlikely to win?.
By openly pitching tent with Agbaje, you don't expect the other side to be happy, knowing the nature of Nigeria personal interest politics.
What does Agbaje represent for Ndigbo in the past that we have decided, not only fight his fight but engaged their traditional institution in an open war of words? I don't get it!
Agbaje and Ambode's fight is like that fight between a husband and wife and whoever tried to meddle will get hurt and blamed after the couple's make up sex.

Ndigbo could have easily played both sides effectively and still come out tops. Does Agbaje likes Igbo more than Ambode? No!
Is his victory assured? Not in the least.
If he loses ( with a 50% chance) after openly campaigning against his opponent, then what?

Any party or candidate in Lagos who felt that Igbos are not an electoral asset in Lagos is only kidding himself. But if you are an asset, why turn it into a liability through your own actions or inaction?
In New York or Florida politics, the Jews plays this role to their benefit without openly supporting anyone in both local and national politics. Ndigbo can do the same in Lagos, Nasarawa, Rivers or Kogi.
Just like a beautiful well endowed woman, if she cannot manage effectively, her God's given assets, it may turns out to become her achilles that will turn into a liability.
Agbaje, Bode George who is still not yet in exile or Andy Ubah careless about Ndigbo more than the bias Oba Akiolu , but they will try to create enmity between ordinary Igbos and Yorubas for political expediency. Only a fool will dance to their tune.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by WisdomFlakes: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2015
Your head correct wella.

6 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by DahtzFestjayz: 11:38am On Apr 08, 2015
Shoro Niyen

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Montaque(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos in lagos(Nigeria) should manage themselves well by keeping quiet in the face of open intimidation? I dnt get it.
There is nothing we won't hear from people who seems to go soft on this issue because of their political inclination.
I still prefer Femi Falana's take on the matter,and you Eziachi, Prof. Pat and your likes are not more Yoruba than him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by ASL33: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
OP please where is it stated that Igbos are supporting one candidate against the other. Akiolu is APC, if Igbos are for PDP why did they visit Oba which is APC. The way you people reason as if their is a memo or something of sort was circulated to igbos to support a particular candidate. Is Agbaje an igbo man?

6 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Ojiofor: 1:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Now is all about don't put all your eggs in one basket before now it use to be igbos greatest undoing is they can't speak with one voice and lack of unity,now that we have spoken with one voice we are been tackled from left,right and centre for making political blunder of the century for not splitting our votes between pdp and apc not minding that majority of ndigbo are members of pdp since 1999.
people like eziachI should leave Ndigbo lagos alone to make their choice on Saturday just like every other lagosian.Ndigbo Lagos must not be scapegoat in election between two yorubas.who ever wins among the two is victory for democracy.

12 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by PhockPhockMan: 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op, you misfired. How do you expect a people to hide their preference?
Did Yorubas and Hausas hide their love for APC and Buhari? That Jonathan lost the presidential election does not make our support for him a foolish adventure. First, you reminded us the ugly deportation saga, yet you frown at Igbos decision to pay them back.
This is democracy, Igbos must take advantage of it for their betterment. No matter the outcome of the elections, no government in lagos will take Igbos for a ride.

7 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by nduchucks: 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Did Yorubas and Hausas hide their love for APC and Buhari? That Jonathan lost the presidential election does not make our support for him a foolish adventure. First, you reminded us the ugly deportation saga, yet you frown at Igbos decision to pay them back.
This is democracy, Igbos must take advantage of it for their betterment. No matter the outcome of the elections, no government in lagos will take Igbos for a ride.

Politics 101: You play for the end result. As it stands now, you people have gained the least from the outcome of the March 28 elections, which means your strategies were ineffective and essentially useless. Listen to the OP's vioce of reason.

16 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ndigbo shouldn't have made whom they would vote for open.

8 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Alphaoscar: 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Eziachi:
When Fashola government deported Igbos and some others for whatever reason given. I personally kicked against it because never in my over 40 years of living in Britain have I heard any English county deporting a British national because he is Scottish, Welch or northern Irish.
I cannot either remembering any American deported from New York because he is an unemployed miscreat or a criminal from Alabama.
I was egging Jonathan on to come out in force to defend her citizens but he had 2015 in mind by playing the ostrich through the saga just like OBJ with the Sharia.

I reasoned that if they brought Ndigbo back into Nigeria after millions of blood was shed through the civil war, that every Onye-igbo should be able to live wherever they choose without being labelled a non indigenous person in their supposed country and that goes for any other person in Nigeria irrespective of their tribal lineage.

There is no doubt, that with a huge Igbo population in Lagos, that they as a group is an asset to any party or candidate in Lagos if well harnessed. I reasoned that Ndigbo in Lagos could be a bride being chased by two suitors if they manage themselves well.

When some were making noise endorsing Jonathan with chest beating, I warned against that because I believed that, they could have courted both sides and whoever win, they will still be in the driving seat.
But when you lay all you eggs into one basket, you are playing a risky and a dangerous game.
Who does not know that other southern groups voted for PDP in presidential poll , but no one is talking about them because they played it cool and silently?

Who does not know that most Yoruba traditional rulers are non party carrying members of either PDP or APC? The likes of Sijuade is PDP, Awujale leans towards APC and overall, Oba Akiolu is APC without having to disguise it.
So when Ndigbo voted Jonathan, the likes Akiolu must have been silently peeved but when some Igbo individuals started the noise again with Agbaje, when the likes of Akiolu is rooting for Ambode, I knew that it's bound to get ugly and that has resulted in his childish ranting recently.

So it seems that Ndigbo don't seem to learn how to play Nigeria politics again. Why start a fight that is not necessarily important, not yours and a fight you are unlikely to win?.
By openly pitching tent with Agbaje, you don't expect the other side to be happy, knowing the nature of Nigeria personal interest politics.
What does Agbaje represent for Ndigbo in the past that we have decided, not only fight his fight but engaged their traditional institution in an open war of words? I don't get it!
Agbaje and Ambode's fight is like that fight between a husband and wife and whoever tried to meddle will get hurt and blamed after the couple's make up sex.

Ndigbo could have easily played both sides effectively and still come out tops. Does Agbaje likes Igbo more than Ambode? No!
If he loses ( with a 50% chance) after openly campaigning against his opponent, then what?

Any party or candidate in Lagos who felt that Igbos are not an electoral asset in Lagos is only kidding himself. But if you are an asset, why turn it into a liability through your own actions or inaction?
In New York or Florida politics, the Jews plays this role to their benefit without openly supporting anyone in both local and national politics. Ndigbo can do the same in Lagos, Nasarawa, Rivers or Kogi.
Just like a beautiful well endowed woman, if she cannot manage effectively, her God's given assets, it may turns out to become her achilles that will turn into a liability.
Agbaje, Bode George who is still not yet in exile or Andy Ubah cares less against Ndigbo more than bias Oba,Akiolu but will try a create enmity between ordinary Igbos and Yoruba for political expediency. Only a fool will dance to their tune.

You have always been a one of a kind. You seem to understand the issue at hand perfectly more than 90% of the followers of the episode and I pray to God to energize you to do more sir.

7 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Yoruba people never voted for Buhari enmass. An appreciable number of them voted for Jonathan. With the result that was released in the South West, if Jonathan had won the Yoruba would be sure of producing the next HOR Speaker. But with the result released in the South East, as things now are, it is only on moral and fair play, not "merit", that the South East will be given the opportunity to produce any of the 4th, 5th or 6th citizen.

9 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by dejisko(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oya mi lenu o
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by PhockPhockMan: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
nduchucks:

Politics 101: You play for the end result. As it stands now, you people have gained the least from the outcome of the March 28 elections, which means your strategies were ineffective and essentially useless. Listen to the OP's vioce of reason.
The Op's reasons made no sense at all. In time past, it was Igbos don't cooperate, now we have done the right thing, our detractors coming again with basket nonsense.
It seems some people are uncomfortable with Igbo political resurgence.

5 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Omila007: 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Eziachi:

Agbaje, Bode George who is still not yet in exile or Andy Ubah cares less against Ndigbo more than bias Oba,Akiolu but will try a create enmity between ordinary Igbos and Yoruba for political expediency. Only a fool will dance to their tune.

So you are saying that the igbos should split there votes and quit voting in unity?
Is that not we have been accused to doing for a while now?
How does few igbo figures supporting Agbaje translate to the entire igbo people.
How then did igbo people gather to meet his highness who is Pro APC only to be insulted.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op well said

Even if you prefer one candidate can't you just keep it to yourself?

So even if Agbaje wins with Yoruba votes ibos would be blamed for it and assuming any reprisals come with it they would suffer for the decisions of all tribes who voted Agbaje.

If Ambode wins then you would also be shown that you're irrelevant.

Politics is a game and having business sense is different from political sense

5 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Sloan: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Eziachi, I will only address again the point that seems not to get into the thick head of the guests, who think they are co-owners of the house their host received them into. Of course, that Ibos fought and lost a war, which was a criminal, ill-thought and un-winable war to start with, does not mean they get rewarded for every stunt they pull-out afterwards. Does an erring child who gets spanked really badly now hold his parents / brothers to ransom and must now get away with everything afterwards, and in essence play by a different set of rules?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

This is what Ibos do not or cannot understand. The war was won and the losers cannot use that as leverage to cry harder each time they are WRONG! Quote me.

Now to the MAIN ISSUE: Ibos live in Nigeria, they are Nigerians, Nigeria and every country have citizenship rules that are just too basic that it does not merit even discussing for 5 seconds because everyone agrees to it:

A citizen of a country can live in any part of that country. Everyone who is not a baby or dead or inanimate object knows this fact.

However, that you live in a part of the country or better still migrated to or your fathers migrated to a land within that country, which existed before you were born or your fathers were born and owned by natives of that land in that same country does not and cannot make them relinquish ownership of that land.

It does not make it a NO MAN'S LAND! This is akin to an insult of the highest order, an insult to their ancestors and heritage!

So Ezaichi, Yorubas know and live the constitution far better than Ibos at the very least and go out of their way to accommodate and make you comfortable in their land. In the north, you abused that privilege a long time ago and the northerners killed you in thousands and millions and Ahmadu Bello went on video record to tell you exactly about you.

It appears that is the only language you understand and in life people get what they deserve or what they understand, the same way an errant child will only understand hard discipline by way of spankings / corporal punishment.

Ibos do not have to claim Yorubaland, not the least Lagos, just because they lost the civil war. I repeat that for a 1000th time:

Live in Yorubaland BUT you will NEVER own or co-own a farthing of it, the heritage of the Yorubas.

Whether Nigeria breaks up or not, whether you met Lagos or any land as a big empty space with only 1 human being, you are a Nigerian citizen resident on the land and not an OWNER of the land or Lagos or Yorubaland or any other part of North, SS, MB, SW, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA

7 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by nduchucks: 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
It seems some people are uncomfortable with Igbo political resurgence.

If you can call the pitiable political position of Ndi'igbo "political resurgence", then you are in great denial. I was expecting more than that from you.

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by PhockPhockMan: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
nduchucks:

If you can call the pitiable political position of Ndi'igbo "political resurgence", then you are in great denial. I was expecting more than that from you.
Yeah, Yoruba people was in such pitiable political position for 4 years without even a deputy speaker position, yet they didn't suffocate politically, instead, they worked for their survival which they're celebrating today. What Igbos need to do now is to vote PDP massively in governorship elections which will give them the leadership and domineering role in PDP, a giant step to the promise land .

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by raumdeuter: 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Yeah, Yoruba people was in such pitiable political position for 4 years without even a deputy speaker position, yet they didn't suffocate politically, instead, they worked for their survival which they're celebrating today. What Igbos need to do now is to vote PDP massively in governorship elections which will give them the leadership and domineering role in PDP, a giant step to the promise land .

Thats why Yorubas are different from you

Yorubas have mastered the act of playing the opposition from 1st, 2nd republic

Unlike Ibos who are mainly AGIP. I heard Orji Kalu family are decamping

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Pebcak: 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Word
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by PhockPhockMan: 12:34am On Apr 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Thats why Yorubas are different from you

Yorubas have mastered the act of playing the opposition from 1st, 2nd republic

Unlike Ibos who are mainly AGIP. I heard Orji Kalu family are decamping
Talking about defection or political prostitution Fani-Kayode, Mimiko, Obasanjo etc comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by jmoore(m): 12:53am On Apr 09, 2015
You have no right whatsover to tell any Nigerian how to exercise his/her voting right. When will the word 'democracy' sink into your brain?

Enough of all these ridiulous letters!!

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:07am On Apr 09, 2015
Eziachi your Biafran war experience is still affecting you. In a lawful country akiolu will be brought in for questioning. Oga stop being scared,this isn't 1967! Most Igbo in Lagos is in support of Ambode while few influential Igbos in Lagos are backing Agbaje. Stop insulting the Igbo and live your old age in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by omenalfa: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2015
eziachi I'm disappointed by you

Igbos are a unique set of people and we must embrace our characteristics no matter how the enemies try to deride us

We cannot start copying others just because one rigged election result

We are surviving and prospering despite all the hurdles that Nigeria put in our way but if it hurts them much, we are ever ready for separation

Stop trying to appease them
Let them bring it on

They can only shout but what will they do? Really?

5 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by 2mch(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2015
Ambode will win. What will become of Ibo's then Oh, we Yoruba don't forget. We don't shout, we respond with ripple effects

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Another upside logic by Ezeachi,

The PDP gave the Igbos opportunity to aspire more than political appointments in the National and State Assembles while APC as usual treated them with scum.

Where are APC candidates of Igbos extraction?

The APC thinks they can do without Igbos having relied and perfected the old system of rigging them out notwithstanding their votes.

Things have changed, our elections are becoming freer and fairer hence it can no longer be business as usual.

Politics in a democracy is a game of numbers, interests and representations.

Demography of Lagos State has changed hence should be reflected in representations in State's House of Assembly.

We are practicing Democracy in Nigeria, until the constitution is repealed, every Nigerian born in any part of Nigerian is an indigene of that place while any Nigerian living and doing business in any State of Nigeria is a citizen of that State.

Ndewo
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 09, 2015
2mch:
Ambode will win. What will become of Ibo's then Oh, we Yoruba don't forget. We don't shout, we respond with ripple effects

So if Ambode wins, it means he did out of Yoruba votes only and Agbaje because Igbos voted for him? I knew a lot of you guys have been very disturbed when those two people contested and won two of the seats to represent Lagos in the house of rep. We thank you for your magnanimity, even ilugunboy didn't believe it. He was going to wait for confirmations because then the source was not very reliable. Not long ago, some of you were chiding the Igbos that they would not win Local govt chairmanship election even with their so called numerical strength.

The ripple effect you are talking about would affect everyone, not just the Igbos, sadly it is the unfortunate and innocent ones who would be caught in it. Why do people say that Igbos are voting the wrong people? how do you know whom they vote for? I doubt most of you here who post and run your blood pressure so high would go out to cast your votes. Yes, you,ll all be here forming in the mouth with lots of migraine if your candidate fails to come up with the right figures.

Only a phool would ignore the population of the Igbos and their impact like they have done in the past. The House of Rep result is an eye opener. You lot would be crying if 70% of Igbo adults of voting age comes out on Saturday but fear not, not every one of them supports Agbaje. Igbokwe, Nwabueze and their families would be voting for Ambode, not forgetting, egift, madam berem, omenka etc.

My only regret is that the likes of berem, omenka and egift might be the ones to be sacrificed to the gods of the sewer in the brackish waters that is lagos lagoon grin if you doubt me, ask the oba who swore by 'Almighty God, Allah, Sango. They should not even bother investing on life jackets. I heard the OPC are experts in the tying of knots. No god can untie that when you lots are bound hands and feet with gallons of palm oil to help you sink. To the rest of them waiting for the outcome of the election to flatten already flattened heads, get your anvils ready. Lots of jobs are waiting for you. cool

3 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by 2mch(m): 5:04am On Apr 09, 2015
gbosaa:

So if Ambode wins, it means he did out of Yoruba votes only and Agbaje because Igbos voted for him? I knew a lot of you guys have been very disturbed when those two people contested and won two of the seats to represent Lagos in the house of rep. Not long ago, some of you were chiding the Igbos that they would not win Local govt chairmanship election even with their so called numerical strength.

The ripple effect you are talking about would affect everyone, not just the Igbos, sadly it is the unfortunate and innocent ones who would be caught in it. Why do people say that Igbos are voting the wrong people? how do you know whom they vote for? I doubt most of you here who post and run your blood pressure so high would go out to cast your votes. Yes, you,ll all be here forming in the mouth with lots of migraine if your candidate fails to come up with the right figures.

Only a phool would ignore the population of the Igbos and their impact like they have done in the past. The House of Rep result is an eye opener. You lot would be crying if 70% of Igbo adults of voting age comes out on Saturday but fear not, not every one of them supports Agbaje. Igbokwe, Nwabueze and their families would be voting for Ambode, not forgetting, egift, madam berem, omenka etc.

My only regret is that the likes of berem, omenka and egift might be the ones to be sacrificed to the gods of the sewer in the brackish waters that is lagos lagoon grin if you doubt me, ask the oba who swore by 'Almighty God, Allah, Sango. They should not even bother investing on life jackets. I heard the OPC are experts in the tying of knots. No god can untie that when you lots are bound hands and feet with gallons of palm oil to help you sink. To the rest of them waiting for the outcome of the election to flatten already flattened heads, get your anvils ready. Lots of jobs are waiting for you. cool
What strength Did you notice a lot of Yoruba's did not vote? There is no need arguing with you. Your eye will soon clear.
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 09, 2015
2mch:

What strength Did you notice a lot of Yoruba's did not vote? There is no need arguing with you. Your eye will soon clear.

Where did you see the argument?

I asked how you,ll determine the percentage of Igbo votes? What if Ambode wins and 55% of his votes were from Igbos?

BTW...my eyes cleared long ago, I can see what you can't see. cool

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by ElekeNtioba: 5:15am On Apr 09, 2015
I dont know who is Eziachi and i dont want to know. Igbos have decided that APC has not met and MAY NEVER meet their aspiration and dats why they support PDP. Mind u its PDP, not Agbaje. It doesnt matter who d candidate is.

Come to think of it, which one is more desirable....two uninfluential commissioners OR two honourable members of House of Reps. PDP clearly has more to offer Igbos. Igbos dont believe in peanuts.

Until APC upgrades their package, JK is HIGHLY Ok.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Rawani: 6:00am On Apr 09, 2015
I remember when a thread was opened on NL late last year, asking where the northern support for Buhari was since the noise seemed to only be coming from the SW. My answer was short and simple: the silence is strategic. We knew Buhari and northern presidency was a delicate issue considering his antecedents and our past dominance. We knew how our vocal and dogged support as a result of pure unbridled love for him could be misconstrued for a 'born to rule' mentality which could have adversely affected his campaign and acceptability in the south. The result of that strategy is what we are celebrating today, and this strategic silence is what Eziachi was advocating, and misunderstood by Montaque.

It is therefore glaringly obvious that until Igbos embrace the concept of stooping to conquer, they will forever grope in the wilderness of political irrelevance and servitude. Mark my words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by shizzleStar: 6:12am On Apr 09, 2015
Eziachi:
[s]When Fashola government deported Igbos and some others for whatever reason given. I personally kicked against it because never in my over 40 years of living in Britain have I heard any English county deporting a British national because he is Scottish, Welch or northern Irish.

Agbaje, Bode George who is still not yet in exile or Andy Ubah careless about Ndigbo more than the bias Oba Akiolu , but they will try to create enmity between ordinary Igbos and Yorubas for political expediency. Only a fool will dance to their tune.[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Set To Deliver Senate Pres, Speaker H O Reps And Chief Of Staff or SGF / Ndi Yoruba + Omo Igbo / I Don’t Know What Is Wrong With President Buhari – Femi adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.