Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Episode 4: Chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episode 4: Chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa (1013 Views)

Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) / Episode 10: Chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa / Episode 2: Chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 4: Chronicles Of Isioma By Joy Akosa by Joyakosa(f): 12:49am On Apr 11, 2015
Last week on the Chronicles of Isioma: He angrily went into the compound slapped Ahmadu and asked him why he would allow me escape, Ahmadu who was scared, said he didn’t know how I did it “me I no know o, I know even know say madam dey inside house, no be me do am o” he said fearfully. Kingsley, who is now boiling in anger, went into his car brought out a gun and shot him. He died on the spot’. READ PREVIOUS EPISODES BY CLICKING ‘HERE’.

EPISODE 4:

After I escaped from the house that day, I was so weak to even put my legs firmly to the ground. I felt pity for Ahamdu, who Kingsley had shot dead. He sacrificed his life just for my freedom and I will forever be grateful to him, I heard the gunshot from afar, my heart leaped, I was so scared that he might just be behind me. I hurried the bike man to speed on and went straight to the hospital.

The doctor was not on sit, Nigerian doctors and their wahala, they enjoy keeping people waiting. I was already feeling sick and had severe headache, I sat on the couch and waited for the doctor, thirty minutes later, it was my turn to see the doctor. I went into the office, the smell from the hospital made me even more sick and I was praying the doctor should just hurry.

The way the doctor was staring at me, I was even more scared. She asked me to lay on the bed and she pressed my side, she asked me to go to the lab downstairs and have a pregnancy test, HIV test and a Malaria and Typhoid test done. Hmmm… I know you are thinking what am thinking, yes oh… about 2 hours after they conducted the test, the doctor called me into her office. I knew it was Malaria with the headache that has been torturing me, I knew I might even be admitted into the hospital for intensive treatment, but let me hear from the expert first. “Miss Isioma, how old are you?” she asked. ‘I am 22years old’

“Miss Isioma, tell me a little about yourself” she asked again. At this point, I was starting to wonder, if it was an interview I came for or treatment for my ailment. “I am an orphan, I have a brother and a sister, I am the last child of my late parents, I am in the University of Lagos, I go to school from home since we are close to the school area, that’s all you need to know ma”. If only this doctor knew how I hated this moment, she would go straight to the point.

“Isioma, you are a bright girl and a beautiful one at that, no matter what happens, don’t hate yourself, be strong, you have many dreams to achieve” the doctor said looking at me as if she was mourning someone. “can you go straight to the point ma”

Continue reading on http://www.joyakosacorner.com/episode-4-chronicles-of-isioma-by-joy-akosa/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Don't Stand By My Grave And Weep! / Don't! / Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.