Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science (2688 Views)

Ok / What Is Your Aspiration In Life??? / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by sandro105(m): 1:56am On Apr 11, 2015
There Friends ,I'm a student of polytechnic studying Science lab tech for ND. Now Im Aspiring to Study Med Lab Science at University thru next Jamb.which uni is the best for this course,.need advice pls?
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Olarewajub: 6:21am On Apr 12, 2015
No university is currently admitting student into the MLS program.

1 Like

Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2015
Olarewajub:

How far with your studies? Which university are you studying?
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Olarewajub: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
cowleg:

How far with your studies? Which university are you studying?
MLT program for now. I'm in need of project topic in Clinical chemistry and Parasitology.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
Olarewajub:
MLT program for now. I'm in need of project topic in Clinical chemistry and Parasitology.

Woow, Dont have any offhand, i will send them later. Where do u stay
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by marvelling(m): 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Olarewajub:

Hmmm, very interesting.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Olarewajub: 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
marvelling:

Hmmm, very interesting.
Yea, some unresolved issues with Nigeria University Commission on the implementation of D.MLS, that is to say MLS will longer be studied for 5years but rather for 6years just like MBBS.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by marvelling(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Olarewajub:
Yea, some unresolved issues with Nigeria University Commission on the implementation of D.MLS, that is to say MLS will longer be studied for 5years but rather for 6years just like MBBS.

Hmmm...

+modified* I just asked around and I was informed that mlscn tried to implement a new curriculum and establish a faculty for med lab sci. without nuc's approval. That's the height of illegality and impunity
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Olarewajub: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
marvelling:

Hmmm...
why the series of hmmm?
Hmmm
hmmm
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by marvelling(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Olarewajub:
why the series of hmmm?
Hmmm
hmmm

Re-read the post you quoted
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2015
marvelling:

Hmmm...

+modified* I just asked around and I was informed that mlscn tried to implement a new curriculum and establish a faculty for med lab sci. without nuc's approval. That's the height of illegality and impunity

Well there is no impunity or illegality in the said faculty structure. MLSCN AND NUC are both federal govt agencies while nuc has mandate to regulate universities, mlscn has mandate also to regulate mls courses. So there is duplicate of functions. Mlscn has right to change mls curriculum, same as mdcn does to mbbs, pcn to pharmacy. The problem is that medical doctors have close tie with nuc, so they are using that federal agency to diminish other health profession. Make your research most universities in uk and us has faculty of mls for far long. Its part of the health sector war. Nuc accreditation is jux like jamb while mlscn accreditation is like postume.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by sandro105(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
angryso no university is currently Admittng for mls now? its my dream course for next year, pls wat related course cab I change to/?
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by eledacedar(f): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
marvelling:

Re-read the post you quoted

Ambo oooooo, Ambo
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Brownhypo: 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, HELP A DYING SOUL.......

a frnd of mine was given admission to do MLS at Unical, now having problem with his clearance...... I'm quite sure NUC suspended the course for 2015/16 session not 2014.... so why frustrating Gentle HOMO-SEPIANS?? Pls I need ur advice on whether there's any option or solution to this issue
,Pls.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Olarewajub: 4:45am On Apr 17, 2015
Brownhypo:
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, HELP A DYING SOUL.......

a frnd of mine was given admission to do MLS at Unical, now having problem with his clearance...... I'm quite sure NUC suspended the course for 2015/16 session not 2014.... so why frustrating Gentle HOMO-SEPIANS?? Pls I need ur advice on whether there's any option or solution to this issue
,Pls.
Its a pity. He just has to watch and pray for MLSCN and NUC to resolve the itch.

1 Like

Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Brownhypo: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks Mr. Olarewaju..
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by marvelling(m): 10:19am On Apr 18, 2015
cowleg:

Well there is no impunity or illegality in the said faculty structure. MLSCN AND NUC are both federal govt agencies while nuc has mandate to regulate universities, mlscn has mandate also to regulate mls courses. So there is duplicate of functions. Mlscn has right to change mls curriculum, same as mdcn does to mbbs, pcn to pharmacy. The problem is that medical doctors have close tie with nuc, so they are using that federal agency to diminish other health profession. Make your research most universities in uk and us has faculty of mls for far long. Its part of the health sector war. Nuc accreditation is jux like jamb while mlscn accreditation is like postume.

Hmmm...

But it still doesn't mean that nuc shouldn't have been carried along. Mlscn and amlsn are playing a game they might loose. Its better all ends are covered and every loop hole blocked.
Re: Aspiration For Medical/clinical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
marvelling:

Hmmm...

But it still doesn't mean that nuc shouldn't have been carried along. Mlscn and amlsn are playing a game they might loose. Its better all ends are covered and every loop hole blocked.

Watching as the drama unfolds!!!

(1) (Reply)

Accenture Or Pwc / Jobs For You: Know Where Your Skill Is Needed & Get Employed!!! / International Well Control Forum(iwcf) Free Online Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.