Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi (3428 Views)

You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff / Apc Plotting To Take Over Rivers, A-ibom, Delta...pdp Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by ammanison1: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Rivers State Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has described Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state as a sham.

Amaechi made his position clear while fielding questions from journalists after casting his vote at Ward 8, Unit 14, Ubima in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the State.

He said the elections witnessed thuggery and ballot box snatching in most parts of the state coupled with violence.

Referring to the election, the governor said, “I think it is a sham.  You noticed what happened in Omagwa, what happened was that somebody called me and said they were been attacked at a particular polling booth and I went there, the thugs were overwhelming until another group of soldiers came before they ran away.

“Don’t forget that the report was that our people were been attacked, so I came to rescue the people who were been attacked.  When we came, you saw the thugs yourselves, so how do you stabilize the system when already the system has been taken over by thugs?”

He noted that the Nigerian Police failed in their responsibility to the people to provide peaceful atmosphere for the electoral process.

“I think there must have been an arrangement between the police and the PDP for the state to be overrun by thugs and you know, the funniest part is that the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) promised us over 2,800 mobile policemen.  What you see is just one Deputy Commissioner of Police John Amadi orchestrating conniving with the PDP to orchestrate all these violence against APC members and Rivers people.

“Yesterday, Mr. President(Goodluck Jonathan) withdrew the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Tunde Ogunsaki and ordered him to go back to Calabar just because he arrested a DPO who took out four wards result sheets and gave to militants working for PDP”.

Amaechi said that thuggery, violence and hijacking of electoral materials marred the electoral process across the state.

“You have been following me around and I am sure you must have seen the kind of thuggery that was on display, you have seen materials been hijacked”, he said as he noted some election officials were ambushed along the way by political thugs.

He blamed the retention of INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state Gesila Khan for the cause of election malpractices in the State.

“If INEC had posted the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) away, we wouldn’t have been here.  If the Commissioner of Police and the President had allowed the police to function properly, we won’t be here.”

“In the Ogoni area, you have one Area Commander, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, harassing people, arresting APC members. Then you have in the state DCP John Amadi. By 2a.m this morning, he was busy in Nyesom Wike’s father’s house writing results.

http://leadership.ng/news/politics/424853/elections-in-rivers-a-sham-amaechi
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by kodded(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by menix(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Funny Amaechi my man...

Cries more than FFK...

No juju can win Rivers state for APC, thatz d incumbent president last straw of power..

Even Buhari will ask u to chill out...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by sexyjob(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amaechi, May 29 is approaching and Wike/PEJ would not spare you.

2 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by lilprinze: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ameachi the noise maker.

2 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by dgr8truth(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by Yasher: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Oga rotimi, E be like say ur strategy no work ba? Duncan Mighty still dey wait for him balance froom 2011 o. Pay up before leaving brickhousegrin

Anyway, Rivers People want some NEW ideas
Nyesome
Ezenwo
Wike

5 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by iluvnaija: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
APC has nothing to worry about. When Buhari is sworn in the results will be won in court.

It's as simple as APC.

4 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by ChrisChino(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
u never see any thing
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
No one in Port-Harcourt can deny it was not a thug run election. Sad JEGA retained the INEC REC of Rivers State despite the widespread election malpractices in Rovers State.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by taharqa: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
In other words, Ameachi has LOST woefully!!

That is what I have been waiting to hear for months now

NEXT!!

5 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by Osakah24(m): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
LOL,AMAECHI YOU JUST HAVE TO LEARN TO ACCEPT DEFEAT SOMETIMES.WIKE NO BE GEJ,WIKE BE LIKE YOU SO CHILL.

2 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by ogmask: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
No one in Port-Harcourt can deny it was not a thug run election. Sad JEGA retained the INEC REC of Rivers State despite the widespread election malpractices in Rovers State.

I saw the rec today. She is an old grandmother. Women get heart sha.
i know the tribunal will upturn it but the problem will continue until election malpratice is punished in this country.

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by ccwizard: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ameachi na election observer or election supervisor wey dem go call complain n e go drive go der to help out. Smh. If he was jona as dey call am say orubebe dey make trouble en for go d collation center to confirm oh. Laughing in ikwerre....
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by SirKey: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ameba hi, u cry every saturday, hope this has not turned to be ur habit? Woke pass u, just accept. Wen u insult ur political father Odili, u no know say person wye senior u for d game go show. This no bi SUG election.
Tell Dagogo to go collect councellorship for for Andoni.

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
So sorry Amaechi even if the election is repeated 1million times PDP will still win Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by ccwizard: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

R u serious? Do u really live in ph? Pdp didnt need to rig to win. Its obvious rivers ppl dont want apc. Apart from some minor issues in some areas the election was peaceful. There was no crisis in the entire elekahia axis where i vote n pdp won with a landslide.

2 Likes

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by BABAKABIRU301(f): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
AS RETAIN AMB' AKEJU OF OSUN IN OYO STATE
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by Samunique(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
ammanison1:
Rivers State Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has described Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state as a sham.

Amaechi made his position clear while fielding questions from journalists after casting his vote at Ward 8, Unit 14, Ubima in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the State.

He said the elections witnessed thuggery and ballot box snatching in most parts of the state coupled with violence.

Referring to the election, the governor said, “I think it is a sham.  You noticed what happened in Omagwa, what happened was that somebody called me and said they were been attacked at a particular polling booth and I went there, the thugs were overwhelming until another group of soldiers came before they ran away.

“Don’t forget that the report was that our people were been attacked, so I came to rescue the people who were been attacked.  When we came, you saw the thugs yourselves, so how do you stabilize the system when already the system has been taken over by thugs?”

He noted that the Nigerian Police failed in their responsibility to the people to provide peaceful atmosphere for the electoral process.

“I think there must have been an arrangement between the police and the PDP for the state to be overrun by thugs and you know, the funniest part is that the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) promised us over 2,800 mobile policemen.  What you see is just one Deputy Commissioner of Police John Amadi orchestrating conniving with the PDP to orchestrate all these violence against APC members and Rivers people.

“Yesterday, Mr. President(Goodluck Jonathan) withdrew the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Tunde Ogunsaki and ordered him to go back to Calabar just because he arrested a DPO who took out four wards result sheets and gave to militants working for PDP”.

Amaechi said that thuggery, violence and hijacking of electoral materials marred the electoral process across the state.

“You have been following me around and I am sure you must have seen the kind of thuggery that was on display, you have seen materials been hijacked”, he said as he noted some election officials were ambushed along the way by political thugs.

He blamed the retention of INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state Gesila Khan for the cause of election malpractices in the State.

“If INEC had posted the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) away, we wouldn’t have been here.  If the Commissioner of Police and the President had allowed the police to function properly, we won’t be here.”

“In the Ogoni area, you have one Area Commander, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, harassing people, arresting APC members. Then you have in the state DCP John Amadi. By 2a.m this morning, he was busy in Nyesom Wike’s father’s house writing results.

http://leadership.ng/news/politics/424853/elections-in-rivers-a-sham-amaechi
Cry me river. tongue

U think rivers people will commit their future into the hands of " the broom carrying devils?"

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by jorlons(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
The results will definitely go to tribunal. Wike may win but he's going to receive the boots from the court.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20am On Apr 12, 2015
ccwizard:

R u serious? Do u really live in ph? Pdp didnt need to rig to win. Its obvious rivers ppl dont want apc. Apart from some minor issues in some areas the election was peaceful. There was no crisis in the entire elekahia axis where i vote n pdp won with a landslide.

PDP did not need to rig. So why run a thug style election? Simple because a thug style leadership is taken over. You guys get what you want.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by passionate88: 1:55am On Apr 12, 2015
APC is a really weak political party. I thought he (Amaechi) said 'parade has changed gear'?. If Buhari know what's best for him, let him just drop Amaechi from his cabinet.

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by passionate88: 1:59am On Apr 12, 2015
ccwizard:

What!?, PDP won Elekahia?, what about Akarolo?, the mayor of phalga, did he not vote?.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by win1234: 3:09am On Apr 12, 2015
Honey well, noddles,
bambalala bambalala,
everybody come in come & enjoy it bambalala bambalala.
GMB will need all diplomacy he can hv to run a smooth govt. Bt still he will suffer to kip Nigeria from collapsing.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by fitzmayowa: 4:33am On Apr 12, 2015
I just don't why amaechi likes causing touble, APC winning rivers is like saying PDP will win in sokoto, which we all know its imposibble...

Amaechi should let the people of rivers rest as the people of rivers have spoken through their ballot...
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by SerialMan: 4:42am On Apr 12, 2015
I smell defeat
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by Kitsune: 5:22am On Apr 12, 2015
fitzmayowa:
I just don't why amaechi likes causing touble, APC winning rivers is like saying PDP will win in sokoto, which we all know its imposibble...

Amaechi should let the people of rivers rest as the people of rivers have spoken through their ballot...

Last time i checked over 70% of Northern States are Governed by PDP and/or had PDP Governors for the last decade (although that's probably about to change drastically).
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by honestivo(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2015
The people hv spoken ,is either u accept defeat or u bury ursef in shame.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by slap1(m): 6:41am On Apr 12, 2015
All bark and no bite, this Amaechi. He might end up the most 'barren' APC 'heavyweight'.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2015
I'm all for the APC but to me, there is nothing more irritating than a weakling. And when that weakling happens to be a current serving governor of a State who is also one of the Party stalwarts, that makes it even worse. Amaechi is probably d weakest link in d APC at the moment. I really believed he had Rivers guber in d kitty after his shaming during the Presidential elections.
What a pity undecided

1 Like

Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by iykofias(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2015
ccwizard:

u r saying trash, election in rivers state was rigged, even a blind man knos this, except a blind man dats an imbec1le. I stay around rumuodara, and d election materials nv arrived, til i gave up n went home by 2:14pm.
Did i hear u say 'rivers pple don't want APC'? (pls tell me who d rivers pple are). The same way u guys felt nigerians dont want an illiterate cattle rearer for president abi?.
RIVERS STATE ELECTION WAS RIGGED, ESPECIALLY OBIOPOR.
Re: Elections In Rivers A Sham – Amaechi by papaejima1: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
vivaciousvivi:
I'm all for the APC but to me, there is nothing more irritating than a weakling. And when that weakling happens to be a current serving governor of a State who is also one of the Party stalwarts, that makes it even worse. Amaechi is probably d weakest link in d APC at the moment. I really believed he had Rivers guber in d kitty after his shaming during the Presidential elections.
What a pity undecided
Amaechi has never really been on ground in Rivers State. All the dirty work and heavy lifting has always been done by the likes of Wike..

Meanwhile, he shot himself in the foot when he turned against GEJ. We were ready to forgive if he came back, but when it was obvious GEJ simply conceded defeat just to allow peace reign, and he was instrumental to the betrayal of our collective interest, then we promised him a hot baptism.

We simply voted GEJ not even Wike. Dakuku was never in the equation, we just had to make sure we voted out Amaechi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Obiano Weeps As Petrol Tanker Burns 69 In Otsha (graphic Pic). / Nigeria Has The Lowest Debt To GDP Ratio In Africa-Bloomberg / Nairalanders, Pls Who Knows how to contact President Buhari Or Vice President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.