Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H (3407 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth / Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by RashMe(f): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hello NL,
Would need peoples advice on dis....
About 2wks After having my first child (later loss her 3 days after delivery) in 2013, I woke up to discover I couldn't really move my left leg, within 2days, I couldn't get up or stand at all not to talk of walking, always sitting in a position all day for more than 6wks, called my doctor and he said it was d injection DAT I took on DAT particular leg for 5days after delivery. I used many drugs, herbs and ointment all to no avail. After about 6wks, I started walking with stick for like 4wks b4 I gradually got better.
My problem now is am heavily pregnant due for delivery next month and am starting to feel pains at the injected bum every time I walk, pls how do I prevent a repeat of what happened before cos it was hell (not bathing for weeks, not able to go to d toilet, having to depend on someone always for more than 4 months)......pls ur sincere advice is needed.
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by derrick333(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
Y not call ur doc now?
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
I've never been pregnant so I wouldn't know but this sounds very serious if not deadly for u. Pls go see an experienced doctor as soon as possible.

Don't go anywhere till they find what the problem actually is
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by RashMe(f): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
derrick333:
Y not call ur doc now?
I already did but he said nothing can be done until my delivery
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by RashMe(f): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
BaebieHot:
I've never been pregnant so I wouldn't know but this sounds very serious if not deadly for u. Pls go see an experienced doctor as soon as possible.

Don't go anywhere till they find what the problem actually is
All am being told is wait after delivery, but had rather find another means than wait
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
RashMe:

All am being told is wait after delivery, but had rather find another means than wait

Definitely, u shldnt wait after delivery. How are they sure there won't be a repeat of what happened last time, GOD forbid. Pls go and do check up in another hospital, we are talking about a lives here now
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
RashMe:

Definitely, u shldnt wait after delivery. How are they sure there won't be a repeat of what happened last time, GOD forbid. Pls go and do check up in another hospital, we are talking about a lives here now
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Janet101(f): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
RashMe:

Pls heed to ur doctor's advice, wait till after delivery
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Janet101:

Pls heed to ur doctor's advice, wait till after delivery

OK, she just said she is starting to have the same symptoms. Am sure the doc told her the same thing also the last time.

I wld nt joke with this kind of thing o
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by SAMBARRY: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
This place resemble maternity centre. You no get gynaecologist office address ni? Abi until you read say make you dey drink kerosene you go know say here is not the first place to visit for such matters angry
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Wait till after delivery. Don't do anything outside a professional doctor's prescription..

If you are doubting your doctor's expertise,seek another doctor's counsel.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by Janet101(f): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
BaebieHot:

OK, she just said she is starting to have the same symptoms. Am sure the doc told her the same thing also the last time.

I wld nt joke with this kind of thing o

OK, I think u should massage d leg regularly, are u slim?
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by damiso(f): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
@ op is the pain around your pelvis? It could be pelvic girdle pain. I had it with my second pregnacy and it does cause limping. It was really bad and walking was really painful that I had to stop work at 7 months(with my previous I worked till about 8 days before delivery)

If it is really bad and PGP you could try seeing a physiotherapist.There is also this support belt that you could wear around your lower abdomen that helps with the pain.

Unfortunately if it is Pelvic girdle pain there is no clear cut way to stop until after delivery.So your doctor might be right. It's a condition that affects some women and is caused by a wide range of factors which includes the pregnancy hormones and the fact that the weight of the baby is pressing on your lower body.

Seek a second opinion though for your own peace of mind and see if you can be referred to a physioterapist. I wanted to try osteopathy but by the time I was able to get an appointment ,baby had been born.

There are some really severe cases and I remember reading about a woman that was wheelchair bound till delivery. I think that is called another name can't remember.

You can check on webmd or nhs.co.uk symptom checker p.s checking online does not mean you should still not seek a second medical opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by estheremma(f): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
pls I beg u.go to a teaching hosp ASAP
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by thorpido(m): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
The pain you are experiencing could be due to pressure on nerves due to the baby's weight pressing on your pelvis or it could be due to the injections you received the last time which could be causing nerve irritation now.
There's not much that can be done to it as the doctor said except relieving the symptoms until the baby is born.What you can do is to take some pain relievers(only by prescription) and you can see a physiotherapist who can also help relieve the symptoms.
Your first childbirth could have been traumatic which may have contributed to it and subsequent loss of your baby.That does not mean it will re-occur.Keep your mind at rest.
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by RashMe(f): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
thorpido:
The pain you are experiencing could be due to pressure on nerves due to the baby's weight pressing on your pelvis or it could be due to the injections you received the last time which could be causing nerve irritation now.
There's not much that can be done to it as the doctor said except relieving the symptoms until the baby is born.What you can do is to take some pain relievers(only by prescription) and you can see a physiotherapist who can also help relieve the symptoms.
Your first childbirth could have been traumatic which may have contributed to it and subsequent loss of your baby.That does not mean it will re-occur.Keep your mind at rest.
Thanks man, i appreciate
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by RashMe(f): 7:47am On Apr 12, 2015
damiso:
@ op is the pain around your pelvis? It could be pelvic girdle pain. I had it with my second pregnacy and it does cause limping. It was really bad and walking was really painful that I had to stop work at 7 months(with my previous I worked till about 8 days before delivery)

If it is really bad and PGP you could try seeing a physiotherapist.There is also this support belt that you could wear around your lower abdomen that helps with the pain.

Unfortunately if it is Pelvic girdle pain there is no clear cut way to stop until after delivery.So your doctor might be right. It's a condition that affects some women and is caused by a wide range of factors which includes the pregnancy hormones and the fact that the weight of the baby is pressing on your lower body.

Seek a second opinion though for your own peace of mind and see if you can be referred to a physioterapist. I wanted to try osteopathy but by the time I was able to get an appointment ,baby had been born.

There are some really severe cases and I remember reading about a woman that was wheelchair bound till delivery. I think that is called another name can't remember.

You can check on webmd or nhs.co.uk symptom checker p.s checking online does not mean you should still not seek a second medical opinion.
Yes, its pelvic pain combined with d injections I was given earlier
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by floragregs(f): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
RashMe:

u have to deliver first before anything! I wish u were in warri, ijaw women would massage u back to normal. The are good at after birth massage.
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by damiso(f): 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
RashMe:

Then it is most likely is Pelvic Girdle Pain.. Sorry dear see your doctor and ask him for ways to manage the pain. Also ask if you can get the belt I spoke about will post a link or picture if I can find one. It really helps.
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by damiso(f): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
These are just a few pictures of how it looks.Not too sure of your location but mothercare stocks it. Try any other good mother and baby retailer. Or maybe some bigger pharmacies.

Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by blank(f): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Let the doctors check that it was not a blood clot that caused it.
Re: Has Any Woman Experience 'limping' During Pregnancy Or After Childbirth?? Pls H by mirajune: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Pelvic pain is common during pregnancy but usually go away after delivery. I'm pregnant too and due next month, having pains in my right hip currently, same with my last child, but it will go away once I put to bed. Yours sound a bit serious to me though. Try the belt someone mentioned. Maybe it will help. My gynecologist try to give as little pain relief as possible, said they don't want anything affecting the baby. They can only do more when you deliver your baby. Hopefully, all will turn out well.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Melancholic Husband Or Wife. / My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House / 4 Bedroom Duplex For Just (#24.5m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.