Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor (61249 Views)

Jummai Alhassan Confirms Release Of 21 Chibok Girls / Profile of Aisha-jummai Alhassan Nigerias' First Elected Female Governor. / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by jamex93(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2015
shadowgwalker:
kill yourself!that's the truth!

for ur mind b dat o
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by makzeze: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Eggcelent:
I doubt the veracity of this report. As romantic as it may sound, it'll be a surprise if she wins the election. A female Muslim candidate in a Christian dominated state make for a very unlikely electoral victory. However, having previously won a Senatorial election, she may just be able to take a bigger step.
Taraba is not a christian dominated state, the population is equally divided. 50-50
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by sublimes: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
Taraba is not a christian dominated state, the population is equally divided. 50-50
I disagree, it's about 65:35 in favour of the Christians. PDP is presently leading.

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by mustymatic(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Nigeria is BIGGER than Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba,
etc. Nigeria is ONE and we must do
everything possible to live, progress and
succeed as ONE!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2015
cbrass:

Serious? shocked
sorry o, PDP is winning Taraba. My state will never fall to APC, sai DDI!

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
shut up you bloody liar! Are you a Tarabian, well DDI is winning!

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2015
cbrass:

Serious? shocked
davereal:
APC always trying to win it on social media. Stop pasting fake news. Wait for INEC...but if care to know PDP is winning Ten LGAs out of Six already. tongue Dou
cbrass:

Serious? shocked

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by makzeze: 11:12am On Apr 12, 2015
Rapzino:
shut up you bloody liar! Are you a Tarabian, well DDI is winning!
bad belle!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by makzeze: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2015
sublimes:
I disagree, it's about 65:35 in favour of the Christians. PDP is presently leading.
religious bigot.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
bad belle!
boy I'm a Tarabian you better shut up. 2015 GOVERNOSHIP/STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
ELECTION RESULTS (Where I served as a Presiding
Officer (P.O) on 11/04/2015
Wukari LGA, Puje Ward, Gidan Moto Polling Unit
code: 002
HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY:
APGA = 9, APC = 44, PDP = 544, SDP = 29
GOVERNOR:
APC = 12, PDP = 538, SDP = 72
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by timota(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
Peter obi's impeachment was illegal and whoever was installed after that was illegal too so nigeria has never gotten a female gov before

1 Like

Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Awoofawo(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Hummmmm.1st female governor in Taraba means we gonna have the office of the first man.Lolz

Meanwhile,
What a time to be alive ,first female gov in Nigeria, Oyo incumbent jinx broken, first incumbent president lost.

Na total changeover/passover 9ja dey na... May the journey of change be positive and favourable to all o!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by charmingeyes(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
When was Peter Obi impeached?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by makzeze: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2015
Rapzino:
boy I'm a Tarabian you better shut up. 2015 GOVERNOSHIP/STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
ELECTION RESULTS (Where I served as a Presiding
Officer (P.O) on 11/04/2015
Wukari LGA, Puje Ward, Gidan Moto Polling Unit
code: 002
HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY:
APGA = 9, APC = 44, PDP = 544, SDP = 29
GOVERNOR:
APC = 12, PDP = 538, SDP = 72
I am also a tarabian, my polling unit in Karim Lamido, Sule Ardo ward: Governor- APC = 216, PDP 32, SDP 48
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by QuotaSystem: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2015
maum:

The 1st female governor in Nigeria is Dame Virgy Etiaba of Anambra State

That was an accident, just like GEJ's presidency. Yar adua died, her boss (the elected governor) was impeached.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Awoofawo(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:

Says me. I am a pure Lagos woman. Thunder faya anybody that does not vote for me. I am still gathering steam to contest for Senate

You never reach level, you already dey manifest tout syndrome....

Tiah! We no wan toutlady as governor....cool
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
I am also a tarabian, my polling unit in Karim Lamido, Sule Ardo ward: Governor- APC = 216, PDP 32, SDP 48
DDI celebrating his lead in Church
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by makzeze: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2015
Rapzino:
DDI celebrating his lead in Church
very good.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Passion22(f): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2015
please o. What will the husband be called?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Yasher: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2015
Whoever the mod on duty is should be banned for helping agents of propaganda market this big fat lie
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
makzeze:
very good.
DDI is leading in Zing, Donga, Ussa, Yorro, Takum, Ibbi and Wukari
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Beface(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Rapzino:
sorry o, PDP is winning Taraba. My state will never fall to APC, sai DDI! sorry o, PDP is winning Taraba. My state will never fall to APC, sai DDI!
I will prefer you say your state will not fall to muslim candidate.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by PaulSteve: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Nairaland please note:

PDP’s Ishaku in early lead in 10 Taraba councils April 11, 2015 Written by Fanen Ihyongo, Jalingo The Peoples Democratic (PDP) was in early lead in the governorship and State Assembly elections in ten of the sixteen local government councils of Taraba state on Saturday. The PDP which fielded Darius Dickson Ishaku was leading in Wukari, Donga, Karimlamido, Kurmi, Bali, Takum, Ussa, Zing, Yorro and Jalingo -the state capital. Bali local government area had voted for the President Elect Gen. Muhammadu Buhari in the presidential election. but the people however voted for the PDP in Saturday’s guber polls. Ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai left the Government House in Jalingo early morning to his village Suntai to vote for his PDP candidate (Ishaku). A heavy crowd swarmed him, some shielding tears of love and joy. They queued behind him to vote for PDP. Suntai voted in his Maman 012 polling unit of Suntai Ward. The governor did his accreditation and voting in his official car. The PDP was also leading in the House of Assembly elections. The PDP candidates in Wukari I and II constituencies were already declared winners as at press time. Mean while the elections in Kashimbilla and Malushe areas of Takum were postponed for Sunday.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/pdps-ishaku-in-early-lead-in-10-councils-of-taraba/
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Boss13: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2015
This is beautiful. It encourages the women folks but she has to outperform the men so that the nigerian polity can believe more in women.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Beface:

I will prefer you say your state will not fall to muslim candidate.
lol, free them o. Shey them dey send Fulani people to displace our people, dem never see anything!
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by NaLaugh: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2015
Nice achievement!

But wait, is it the camera lens distortion, or does she have some MASSIVE hands. cheesy
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Rapzino: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2015
PaulSteve:
Nairaland please note:

PDP’s Ishaku in early lead in 10 Taraba councils April 11, 2015 Written by Fanen Ihyongo, Jalingo The Peoples Democratic (PDP) was in early lead in the governorship and State Assembly elections in ten of the sixteen local government councils of Taraba state on Saturday. The PDP which fielded Darius Dickson Ishaku was leading in Wukari, Donga, Karimlamido, Kurmi, Bali, Takum, Ussa, Zing, Yorro and Jalingo -the state capital. Bali local government area had voted for the President Elect Gen. Muhammadu Buhari in the presidential election. but the people however voted for the PDP in Saturday’s guber polls. Ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai left the Government House in Jalingo early morning to his village Suntai to vote for his PDP candidate (Ishaku). A heavy crowd swarmed him, some shielding tears of love and joy. They queued behind him to vote for PDP. Suntai voted in his Maman 012 polling unit of Suntai Ward. The governor did his accreditation and voting in his official car. The PDP was also leading in the House of Assembly elections. The PDP candidates in Wukari I and II constituencies were already declared winners as at press time. Mean while the elections in Kashimbilla and Malushe areas of Takum were postponed for Sunday.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/pdps-ishaku-in-early-lead-in-10-councils-of-taraba/
tell those e-fools. Even the gap we gave them in Zing is enough for a landslide
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Beface(m): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2015
siraj1402:
A milestone in Nigerian politics is set to be reached with Senator Jummai Aisha Alhassan‘s ongoing victory in the Taraba governorship polls.

The victory will make Sen. Alhassan the first elected female governor in the history of Nigeria.

According to reports on social media, Alhassan, who represents the All Progressives Congress , is leading the People Democratic Party’s Mr Darius Ishaku.

She will not be Nigeria’s first female governor however, a distinction belonging to Mrs Virginia Etiaba, who became governor in Anambra after then governor Peter Obi was impeached.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/04/nigeriadecides-sen-jummai-alhassan-set-to-become-first-elected-female-governor/
Don't worry,i will still Post a Christian Candidate winning Zamfara State.
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by InMyOpinion(m): 11:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Good news for our democracy. Lupey...you're next. Will be your campaign manager for Lupey 2023.

[size=16pt]Vote Barrister Lupey SAN for Governor of ....[South Western state] 2023 [/size]smiley

You already have the NairaLand constituency (1,341,968 votes) behind your back - go for it. wink
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Helkayklassic(m): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2015
baby124:

Says me. I am a pure Lagos woman. Thunder faya anybody that does not vote for me. I am still gathering steam to contest for Senate

Oba Akiolu's last wife...They won't drown in the lagoon this time around abi?
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2015
angry

mcheew

angry

jamex93:
So women now prefer politics to kitchen abi
Re: Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor by Beface(m): 11:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Boss13:
This is beautiful. It encourages the women folks but she has to outperform the men so that the nigerian polity can believe more in women.
So you believe in this trash,it means you can believe anything!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Weapons Seized From Army In Baga- Terror Monitor / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.