Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:40 AM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56873 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Caracta(f): 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

If the Oba of Lagos the paramount traditional ruler of Lagos does not represent a people then who does?

Yes he is human and can err, but since he is human, he should also be able to apologize.

For his subjects to now throw their weight behind him and say that he is above apology then they also share in his short comings.

Ok. Is that the problem. The Igbos want the Oba's direct apology? That and that alone?

I actually think it's beyond this. Are you saying if I hurt you and refuse to apologize but my parents, siblings, friends and colleagues humbly apologize to you over and over again, you wouldn't forgive until I apologize in person?

Hmmm. That's deep.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Adewumi2888(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
The Igbo's screamed murder because of the utterances of the Oba of
Lagos, suddenly the words of just one man became the representative
value of the whole Yoruba ethnic group. Even though as Yoruba's we
vehemently opposed the statement of the king, apologized on his
behalf and even appealed to the peaceful coexistence that we enjoyed
not to be severed majority of you decided to trade open blows and tow
the line of ethnicity just to spite the Yoruba's. What is the bone of
contention? I'll be analogous in my submission for clarity. If my father
housed u, provided u security,gave u an enabling environment to
thrive and grow,made u comfortable and u thus decide to align
yourself with the neighbour in a chairmanship tussle as opposed to
supporting my dad is that not tantamount to betrayal? Is he not
entitled to be enraged? If in the course of his outburst he utters
useless, stupid and dehumanizing statements and i vehemently
oppose it and apologize to u are u not supposed to see from my angle
and let sleeping dogs lie? U shouldn't because of that expect me to
kill my father or annihilate him. It simply means u never saw him as a
father but a tool to get what u want. It becomes glaring that u are not
family by ur continued insistence on my dad's error at a stage
contumacy is bound to take place with me telling you to do your worst
unfortunately your worst is of little effect and now u want to align with
me. Naaa, it doesn't work out that way (ewure o ni oun o se ore
aguntan, aguntan lo ni iya oun o bi dudu) the he-goat has never
denied friendship with the sheep its the sheep that insists its mother
didn't give birth to a dark skinned animal. on the inference of one
man's utterance u draw a conclusion about Yoruba's as been public
enemy If umber one. We can also on the inference of your virulent
attacks on the Yoruba race conclude that you don't like us and don't
want the good for us. I am against ethnic divisions, but then you can't
call me ugly and expect me to call you beautiful. Respect is reciprocal.
If you want us to coexist peacefully act it!

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Awoofawo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

That is exactly the point.

You do not see Abuja natives coming out to threaten residents to vote a particular candidate or get their heads smashed against Aso rock.

You are wrong based on the context you throw your point.

First only Lagos Island used to be federal capital, not the mainland. The movement of the capital to abuja automatically reverse lagos island back to its former status just like in the case of calabar and lokoja.

Let them move the capital to onitsha today, will you people allow other tribes to do half of what you are doing now or you will go and drag Abuja with the true native...?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:

Nope my girlfriend is not Igbo..
But my very good friends are. Emeka is Igbi, Ngozi is Igbo, Isioma is Igbo, Ugochi is Igbo, Jude is Igbo, Ekene is Igbo, Obiora is Igbo, Joseph(RIP) was Igbo, Jude is Igbo, Onyeka is Igbo.. The list is endless..though they were all APC (GMB Supporters)...
i don catch u bro, ngozi ur babe grin
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by ademoladeji(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
No fool or group of fools should expect the Oba Ridwan Akinolu of Lasgidi to apologise...
It's an insult on the throne for these immigrants to demand an apology from the Oba.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by PassingShot(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
queensenglish91:
Ganging up? It's called democracy.

Democracy in their situation will be to advise their kins to vote according to their choice. Not announcing support of block votes for a candidate especially when it's against the popular choice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Yorubas will not harm Igbos. We are still a good host.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mcquin(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
snilpall:
LOOK AT DIS FOOL.....

Bro you sound pained? Were you among those the Lagos State Govt. dumped under Onitsha bridge?

Well I said the truth as it is, Igbos should learn to grow up, develop their land and stop claiming other people's land. How can you have the worst governor in Naija, the acclaimed Uchendu, still vote him into Senate and come disturb indigenes of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Caracta:

Say no more please.

Thank you.

If it is one Nigeria, it should be one Nigeria indeed.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mcquin(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** But many of your Iniobongs are hustling in Aba.Some even claim Abia as a state of origin. You no know?

My guy if indeed they are claiming to own Abia, it will be every where and na una go begin gun dem down 1st.

You can't compare Abia to Akwa-Ibom or Calabar. How na?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by superior1: 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
In a separate news

Agbajechuwkwu was declared winner in Onitsha-Oke

PDP 23,500
APC 2
APGA 1
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
adeekiti:
i don catch u bro, ngozi ur babe grin
Laugh don nearly tear my belle... Lol...
Ngozi na my confirm Paddy.. I no even mention Tochi, Nneka, Chiamaka..
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:

Laugh don nearly tear my belle... Lol...
Ngozi na my confirm Paddy.. I no even mention Tochi, Nneka, Chiamaka..
bros boss, boss boss, which one I fit holla, grin infact I wan be like you wey dey get igbo female friends
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Ekowise(m): 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
OK o
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
adeekiti:
bros boss, boss boss, which one I fit holla, grin infact I wan be like you wey dey get igbo female friends

This Guy abeg no kill me with laughter.. Believe me I don't know if its just me.. But the Igbo's I find myself with are beautiful people..
I also did not mention Chinwe, Cecilia, Sarah, Rita, Rose..
Come to think of it..now that you made mention of it, I just noticed 80% of my Igbo friends are Females...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by refreshrate: 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Adewumi2888:
The Igbo's screamed murder because of the utterances of the Oba of
Lagos, suddenly the words of just one man became the representative
value of the whole Yoruba ethnic group. Even though as Yoruba's we
vehemently opposed the statement of the king, apologized on his
behalf and even appealed to the peaceful coexistence that we enjoyed
not to be severed majority of you decided to trade open blows and tow
the line of ethnicity just to spite the Yoruba's. What is the bone of
contention? I'll be analogous in my submission for clarity. If my father
housed u, provided u security,gave u an enabling environment to
thrive and grow,made u comfortable and u thus decide to align
yourself with the neighbour in a chairmanship tussle as opposed to
supporting my dad is that not tantamount to betrayal?
Is he not
entitled to be enraged? If in the course of his outburst he utters
useless, stupid and dehumanizing statements and i vehemently
oppose it and apologize to u are u not supposed to see from my angle
and let sleeping dogs lie? U shouldn't because of that expect me to
kill my father or annihilate him. It simply means u never saw him as a
father but a tool to get what u want. It becomes glaring that u are not
family by ur continued insistence on my dad's error at a stage
contumacy is bound to take place with me telling you to do your worst
unfortunately your worst is of little effect and now u want to align with
me. Naaa, it doesn't work out that way (ewure o ni oun o se ore
aguntan, aguntan lo ni iya oun o bi dudu) the he-goat has never
denied friendship with the sheep its the sheep that insists its mother
didn't give birth to a dark skinned animal. on the inference of one
man's utterance u draw a conclusion about Yoruba's as been public
enemy If umber one. We can also on the inference of your virulent
attacks on the Yoruba race conclude that you don't like us and don't
want the good for us. I am against ethnic divisions, but then you can't
call me ugly and expect me to call you beautiful. Respect is reciprocal.
If you want us to coexist peacefully act it!

At bolded this exactly is the bane of confusion in the whole scenario. Your father housing me in this case the ibos are they staying here for free? Or the rent they pay is it any less than what Yorubas pay? So please my good sir with all what you have written let me now ask you despite all you've written here, if ive been made to pay rent taxes and duties just as much as any indegene what gives you the effrontery to threaten me based on my choice?

Ill even help you with your baseless lecture note God, remember him? In all his supremacy, with all his ability, with all the unquestionable power he posses still gives we his creations the option of choice. So who -- is this Oba you all keep going on about claiming and trying to justify his lack of wisdom?

Say all you want about other regions of the country and claims of what cannot be accepted by their leaders fact is non of their leaders have come forward to speak like someone playing host to a -- in between his ears and until they do, might i suggest you all stop trying to justify --!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Emmalot121(m): 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
ifeness:
Yorubas will not harm Igbos. We are still a good host.
So you're Yoruba?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by nduchucks: 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

You say the Oba CAN NEVER apologize.
That it is a taboo.

Well I respect your culture, unfortunately that is not an excuse. Not in 2015.

Every tribe has harmful cultural practices that must be done away with.
Giving birth to twins was a taboo in Igbo land.
Burying the king with human heads was a practice amongst some tribes.

No one is infallible under a constitutional democracy.

You cannot wish millions of people death then hide under cultural infallibility.

^^^ 100%

Additionally, tribal discrimination which is hitherto accepted across Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past.

Most of the people who participate in these practices did not participate in the recently concluded constitution review process. I was personally involved and provided support for a groupp which presented submissions to the Review Committee. Thankfully the provision we are most passionate about was adopted.

i.e. a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

Once the new constitution is adopted, and it will most definitely be adopted., their will be no room for the shenanigans going on in Lagos right now.
It will be a first step towards eradicating unnecessary discrimination, archaic customs and tradition which have kept us in the stone ages.

The time will come very soon when Chukwuma will become the Governor of Lagos and a Shekaru can become the Governor of Abia.

Long Live this great country!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by netmillionaires(m): 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

Do you need a Visa to go to the U.S.?

Does an Igbo man need a Visa to go to Lagos?

Do you now see how lame your epistle is?
Now I will tell U the truth. I will assume that U are above 30years of age and av gone thru the NYSC scheme. I believe that when U were posted to your PPA, ur LI mentioned something like HOST COMMUNITY. Did U know why it is called host community? Remove community and pay attention to just the word HOST. It means they are hosting U. If ur host declare U a persona non grata, forget it! U ll have to leave. Nigeria is a federation. I believe U understand what that means. In a federalism system of government, each state retain their rights only relinguishing part of it to the FG. E.g Security, Same currency etc Each state still has the right to determine who they grant residency to. Maybe U should go and ask b4 saying another person argument is lame.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:

This Guy abeg no kill me with laughter.. Believe me I don't know if its just me.. But the Igbo's I find myself with are beautiful people..
I also did not mention Chinwe, Cecilia, Sarah, Rita, Rose..
Come to think of it..now that you made mention of it, I just noticed 80% of my Igbo friends are Females...
chaii dis time na egbon I go use, grin egbon boss I don buy life jacket for any igbo girl, abeg give me her number so dat she no go enter lagoon grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Wallade(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
otunbadan:

You used Land so much in this statement, does your father have a land in lagos?
Igbos have plenty, n laws of the land don't support the trash you wrote

In case you don't know, I would like to educate you. Every land belongs to the government, every certificate of occupancy owners are tenants and that is one of the reasons you pay tenament rates on such land. Hence, igbos own no land in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
adeekiti:
chaii dis time na egbon I go use, grin egbon boss I don buy life jacket for any igbo girl, abeg give me her number so dat she no go enter lagoon grin

Leave Lagoon out of this one oh!.. My friends ain't entering into any Lagoon... Look for an Igbo girl in your area and make friends with her.. Let her know you dont see her physically but spiritually, let her know Love's strong chord has binded you together.. Tell her she lives in your memory and in your heart.. Believe me, your friendship would know no bounds..
Guy your money na 15,000 naira.. for all the love tips..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) / Have You Seen President Buhari Dance? Video Of PMB Dancing Excites Nigerians / Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.