Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,215 members, 7,849,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party (55325 Views)

Nigerians Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Ghana's Ruling Party / Governorship Elections: APC 21 APGA 1 PDP 7 / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by zicoraads: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2015
hmuhammad:
You are the one dreaming, She has won cool
As I said, keep dreaming cool

Y'all think the north would elect a female governor? The north? Is it that when a lie is peddled from the APC, then it suddenly sounds like the truth and becomes the truth.

I like Senator Aisha Alhassan...right from when she was a Senator of the PDP. And, she has doled out millions of naira to win this. She is very, very rich. With her businesses in Abuja, the money she stole while she was in the PDP, her parks...I am from that state, I know everything about her. And, mind you, Taraba is a Christian state and has never elected a muslim. Religion always plays a huge factor there. And then coupled with the fact that she is a muslim, even some of my muslim friends who live there are not comfortable with a woman governor. Some of them didn't even go out to vote.

And, as at this morning, Darius was already leading in places that were considered her strongholds.

So, unless something very drastic happens, the PDP will definitely win Taraba state.

You heard it here first cool

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by maximunimpact(m): 11:17am On Apr 12, 2015
shachris:
PDP would lose in Delta state. You heard it here first!

Wow!

Then I will say thank u!
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by zicoraads: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
no wonder,she doesn't know about the change factor. Changeeeeeeeeeeeee
We don't need change. We love the status quo cheesy

GM and Happy Sunday smiley
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by nwaanambra1(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:

Bros give examples of my comments that are disrespectful to Igbos

The outcome of the Lagos elections was never in doubt but I am happy we can now all agree that Lagos is Yorubaland.

Mr Agbaje Nwosu still has a bright political future BUT not in Yorubaland. He can go and contest in Anambra or Abia

Yorubas generally do not tolerate Omo Ales. Agbaje is an Omo Ale

NO IGBO SON OR ANYBODY DISTANTLY RELATED TO THE IGBOS OR EVEN ANYBODY THAT HAVE BEEN A FRIEND TO THE IGBOS NO MATTER HIS TRIBE OR RELIGION CAN MAKE THIS KIND OF SLANDEROUS STATEMENT.

ONLY A MIND FULL OF HATE FOR THE IGBOS CAN MAKE THIS SORT OF COMMENT.

YOU ARE NOT EVEN A YORUBA! THRU YORUBAS ARE EDUCATED FROM INFANCY TO RESPECT THEMSELVES AND RESPECT OTHERS.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by xtremrules(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Cwaya:

Okay Mr. Detribalised Igbo Man,

Most of your posts tend to find only faults from the igbo.
Whatever is happening now its not just igbos being stupid or something. The other is involved and has their own wrong doings.

remember your tribe were on their own when some statement fuelled this shitz.

Everybody has to share the spoils and dont let this politics trick your head.

#ProudlyIgbo
Thanks. what some IBO's keep falling for. All this IBO "ungratefulness" are all political moves to dent IBO's and make them weak. and it will be wrong to believe that. An IBO adage (translated to English says) one who is being rumoured to be a fool and latter consent to the idea is more than a fool. Most IBO's are already believing they are ungrateful, which is quite bad.

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by zicoraads: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
maximunimpact:

Wow!

Then I will say thank u!
Another Joseph the dreamer grin
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by maximunimpact(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2015
petkoffDrake:
APC will not win IMO! I repeat APC will not win IMO. PDP will!

That's what we want so that yeeboos will forever remain irrelevant
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Chidozieude: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
nwaanambra1:

NO IGBO SON OR ANYBODY DISTANTLY RELATED TO THE IGBOS OR EVEN ANYBODY THAT HAVE BEEN A FRIEND TO THE IGBOS NO MATTER HIS TRIBE OR RELIGION CAN MAKE THIS KIND OF SLANDEROUS STATEMENT.

ONLY A MIND FULL OF HATE FOR THE IGBOS CAN MAKE THIS SORT OF COMMENT.

YOU ARE NOT EVEN A YORUBA! THRU YORUBAS ARE EDUCATED FROM INFANCY TO RESPECT THEMSELVES AND RESPECT OTHERS.

I fail to see how the highlighted are disrespectful to Igbos

Disrespectful to Agbaje- maybe. To Igbos?- No

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by justfash50: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
[b][/b] @ op
Please modify the heading of this thread to Governing party and not Ruling party as the president Elect has made it clear that APC is Governing party when he assume power.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2015
zicoraads:
We don't need change. We love the status quo cheesy

GM and Happy Sunday smiley
i like your sense of humour,you are my brother from another mother
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Now good buh I hope they really do this change.. O God pls dont allow dem fail. Baba biko....
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2015
Amazo:

5G - #1200; 10G - #2000; how else do you want to know grin ?
how can I contact you. gimme ur pin or whatsapp contact
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by zicoraads: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
i like your sense of humour,you are my brother from another mother
cheesy Muncho Gracias cheesy
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by xtremrules(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2015
nwaanambra1:

DETRIBALISED IGBOMAN INDEED!

A DE-TRIBALISED IGBOMAN IS AN IGBO MAN THAT IS PASSIONATE ABOUT THE IGBO CAUSE WITH A DEEP RESPECT TO OTHER TRIBES NOT A MAN THAT IS OBVIOUSLY SO INSULTIVE AND HAVE A DEEP ROOTED HATE FOR THE IGBOS.

YOUR COMMENT IS SO FULL OF DISRESPECT AND HATE FOR THE IGBOS.

I AM AN IGBO MAN, AN ARDENT APC MEMBER WITH PASSION FOR PROGRESS AND SUCCESS FOR APC - I DESIRE APC TO WIN MAJORITY STATES ESPECIALLY IN SOUTH-EAST BUT BASED ON YOUR COMMENTS, I CAN CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT AN IGBO MAN.

YOUR HATE FOR THE IGBOS IS APPALLING.

IKO ONYE JI AMA - KA AGA EJI MA LU YA! IF YOU ARE IGBO YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Some random people who claim to be Igbo and tells us how to feel and act.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by nwaanambra1(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2015
xtremrules:

Some random people who claim to be Igbo and tells us how to feel and act.

and your point is? undecided
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by hola106(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Pdp be lik dem neva finish counting d Election waitin for jega to announce d winner #ihavedecide#
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Adex097: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
There is a certain person on this forum who has turned out to be the ultimate LOSER in this 2015 election.

The guy must surely feel very miserable about himself and I also pity him small as I don't pray to experience what he has passed through.

To be on the verge of victory only to change course at the last hour and be crushed in total defeat must be very tough to endure.

Who knows the person I am talking about?

grin grin grin
The Barca guy

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by timpaker(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Gen. Bello please do something ooooo. Kebbi can't go to APC na.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2015
zicoraads:
cheesy Muncho Gracias cheesy
you are welcome
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2015
timpaker:
Gen. Bello please do something ooooo. Kebbi can't go to APC na.
see your mouth tongue

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by joansteff(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2015
Raiders:
Congratulation to APC. Nigeria is now going to experience change and progression. APC is now officially the biggest party in Nigeria.
. In africa please not nigeria

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by barcaboi(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2015
holatin:
where is barcanista when you need him most ?
Barca what is your say to this after claiming PDP will win more state in the governorship election.

barman oya serve all progressive agent on front page.
barcanista has lost his voice or keypad in dis case.....I wonder who his Jazzman is that he had the confidence to lay that claim.....he was gallant for APC; still wonder why he crossed at d wrong time
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Locapito(m): 11:42am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
There is a certain person on this forum who has turned out to be the ultimate LOSER in this 2015 election.

The guy must surely feel very miserable about himself and I also pity him small as I don't pray to experience what he has passed through.

To be on the verge of victory only to change course at the last hour and be crushed in total defeat must be very tough to endure.

grin grin grin
hahahaha!!!!!!! U re very correct my brother, his name is............................................................................

................................................................................
BARCANISTA JUDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by timpaker(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
see your mouth tongue
cheesy
IYANGBALI:
see your mouth tongue
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by skinny204l(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2015
petkoffDrake:
APC will not win IMO! I repeat APC will not win IMO. PDP will!

So it has CHANGED from APC will not win the presidency to APC will not win IMO.....I can see ur frustration in 5D
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by xtremrules(m): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2015
nwaanambra1:

and your point is? undecided
Some people who claim to be Igbo's here and say they've "changed" and no longer "tribal" keep saying Igbo's need to be grateful and respectful. It annoys me, is as though Igbo's aren't in any way. I see all this issues as political moves.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by xtremrules(m): 11:48am On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
oga see canoe going to lagoon,book your seat and get three free,na tomorrow we dey carry Una go there o. Lagoon straight
Am waiting for her reply, not yours.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Farkson(m): 11:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
This is just the beginning. Change is here to stay.

The outcome of the Lagos elections was never in doubt but I am happy we can now all agree that Lagos is Yorubaland.

Mr Agbaje Nwosu still has a bright political future BUT not in Yorubaland. He can go and contest in Anambra or Abia

Yorubas generally do not tolerate Omo Ales. Agbaje is an Omo Ale
Don't forget ds is democracy which entails freedom of expression,by ur submission on ds
Platform u shown ur shallow and myopic understanding of d tenant of democratic system of govt. Be civil in ur contribution. Am a yoruba guy and ardent exponent of APC but I total disagr
eement with ur position.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by cirmuell(m): 11:49am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:

grin grin grin
gringrin
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by ayusco85(m): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2015
dayo23:
Changeeeee!!
I don hit the like button too

Correct guy
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by mechanics(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2015
lalasticlala:
The wind of change blowing across the country again resonated yesterday in states that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has governed since the return of civil rule in 1999.

Results monitored by LEADERSHIP SUNDAY’s correspondents indicated that Benue, Niger, Jigawa and Katsina have fallen to the winning streak of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whose candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, won the March 28 presidential election against the incumbent, President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

APC also won 65 out of the 109 seats in the Senate and majority seats in the House of Representatives.

In yesterday’s state houses of assembly and governorship elections, a similar pattern of the “historic change” was seen in the states hitherto considered PDP strongholds.

Although final figures are still being compiled by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), our correspondents reported that the APC was “progressively leading” in most of the polling units monitored.

In Niger State, the APC candidate, Abubakar Bello, was jubilant and excited members of the party were seen celebrating across the state’s 25 local government areas.

In Benue, the successes of Senators Barnabas Gemade and George Akume in the National Assembly election also rubbed off on the APC candidate for the state, Samuel Ortom.

Ortom resigned from the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the state’s number one job. He was maintaining a comfortable lead in 18 of the 23 local governments at press time.

At the Government House polling unit, Ortom scored 145 votes to beat his PDP opponent, Terhemen Tarzoor, who polled 119 votes.

Also at Annunne Market Square Polling Unit in Tarka local government area, the APC polled 324 votes to PDP’s 14 votes.

However, Tarzoor is said to have polled a total of 152 votes at the Ankpa Ward Polling Unit, an area where he grew up, to Ortom’s 150 votes.

Contrary to expectations that PDP’s Jimi Agbaje backed by the non-natives of Lagos State will replace Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, the APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode is conveniently coasting home to victory.

Results from the polling units indicated that Agbaje scored higher in Igbo-dominated communities like Amuwo Odofin and Oshodi/Isolo, but he lost by win margins in most polling units of Lagos East Senatorial District and Alimosho which have the largest populations in the state. Ambode was said to be in firm control of at least 15 of the 20 local government areas of the state.

Plateau also surprisingly favoured APC from the unit-by-unit analysis.

In Imo State, Governor Rochas Okorocha also cast off the state-sponsored rigging of the presidential election against his party, the APC, in the state to launch into an early lead, ahead of closest rivals, Emeka Ihedioha (PDP) and Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho (APGA).

Also, Kaduna State, which had been ruled by PDP for 16 years, had Malam Nasir el-Rufai of the APC ahead of the incumbent governor, Mukhtar Yero, who hinted that things might not work his way.

Shortly after accreditation in Zaria, yesterday, Yero told his supporters and the entire people of state to accept the outcome of the election, whichever way it went.

Similarly, in Katsina, former speaker, House of Representatives and candidate of the APC, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari appeared to cut short the winning streak of the PDP in the state since 1999.

President-elect Buhari was in Katsina on Thursday to attend the final rally for APC’s governorship and state House of Assembly candidates in Saturday’s elections, and he pleaded with the people of his home state to vote for his party’s candidates.

Jigawa has also returned to the APC fold with results indicating that a majority of the House of Assembly seats as well as that of the governor went to APC. The state was governed by the All Nigeria People Party (ANPP) before the PDP took it over in 2007.

A similar situation is also playing out in Kebbi State as the APC governorship candidate, Senator Atiku Bagudu, is coasting home to victory and leading the PDP candidate Gen Sarkin Yaki Bello, in most of the local government areas of the state.

http://leadership.ng/news/425022/apc-consolidates-position-as-ruling-party
yes o, change al d way, pdp wil neva ave to talk again.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by sweatlana: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2015
I just can't wait to see ur post when u realise that the so call change was just a mirage...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge / The Moment Imo Residents Walked Out From APC Town Hall Meeting With Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.