Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? (1996 Views)

When Is The Right Time For A Girl To Start Dating / Which Age Do You Wanna Get Married? {see Answer Ooo) / How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2015
A young man posted earlier that is girlfriend is asking for sex, the young man said he is 17

https://www.nairaland.com/2250714/girls-frnd-bugging-sex-still

but as I was reading the comments people are giving I observe most of them condemn him instead of giving him a convincing response and some said he is too young to start dating.then the question came to my mind so tell us when do you start dating and what age are you when you had your first sex?
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by uniquevj: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2015
[size=14pt] *runs and grabs my dictionary searching for the word adolescent angry
adolescence ranges from 7 -13 so why should give advice to kids angry
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by amosdrizzy: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by alberto2k(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
0.5yrs angry
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by akugbemike(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2015
The constitutionally accepted age is 18, anything below that is child abuse.

But for me, I think 20 years is the best age to start dating.

1 Like

Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by Cutehector(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Op please next tym befor u want to use any big word u dnt understand, pls check d dictionary. Nw kindly change dat adolescent to teenager
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Cutehector:
Op please next tym befor u want to use any big word u dnt understand, pls check d dictionary. Nw kindly change dat adolescent to teenager
have you check yours
see for yourself
noun (plural adolescents)
A teenager; a juvenile after puberty
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2015
sinizia:
The constitutionally accepted age is 18, anything below that is child abuse.

But for me, I think 20 years is the best age to start dating.

Oh please! Spare us the sanctimonious claims!

Most young people pass out of high school at ages 16 and 17. Most SSS3 students date. So what's the child abuse in dating your mate? Heck, some 17-year olds are even in the UNIVERSITY!

I started dating at age 17 and I have no regrets whatsoever. DATING DOESN'T NECESSARILY EQUATE TO HAVING SÊX.

1 Like

Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by justmag(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2015
See what happens when people don't listen in class!!! They were talking about adolescent and you were busy taking bathroom breaks. Children stay in school. angry
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 11:45am On Apr 12, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Oh please! Spare us the sanctimonious claims!

Most young people pass out of high school at ages 16 and 17. Most SSS3 students date. So what's the child abuse in dating your mate? Heck, some 17-year olds are even in the UNIVERSITY!

I started dating at age 17 and I have no regrets whatsoever. DATING DOESN'T NECESSARILY EQUATE TO HAVING SÊX.

Oh please spare me your unnecessarily judgmental aggressiveness!!

That most SS3 students and you started dating at relatively young age or lesser age doesn't make it constitutionally right. For your info, peeps of 12 years now date, but does that make it right? No. The general accepted age at which an adolescent becomes an adult and have liberty to do most things is 18 and above. That you chose to start earlier doesn't make it the law!! And where did I wrote dating equals having sex?
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
sinizia:

Oh please spare me your unnecessarily judgmental aggressiveness!!

That most SS3 students and you started dating at relatively young age or lesser age doesn't make it constitutionally right. For your info, peeps of 12 years now date, but does that make it right? No. The general accepted age at which an adolescent becomes an adult and have liberty to do most things is 18 and above. That you chose to start earlier doesn't make it the law!! And where did I wrote dating equals having sex?

Mister/Miss, the constitution ONLY FROWNS AGAINST HAVING CARNAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MINOR. It doesn't hinder close relationships.

Funny how folks quote the constitution when it suits them.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Mister/Miss, the constitution ONLY FROWNS AGAINST HAVING CARNAL KNOWLEDGE OF A MINOR. It doesn't hinder close relationships.

Funny how folks quote the constitution when it suits them.

Mr/Miss, can you tell me how many Nigerian parents will support their 15-year-old children dating because you said there's nothing wrong with age-mates dating one another even if they're minors. Or how many 13-year-olds will confidently introduced their GFs/BFs to their parents and their parents will pat them on the back? You argue for argument sake. Peeps of 14-years-old date, but how many will be bold enough to tell their parents about it in this Nigeria?

Funny how many people lie to themselves just to win an argument.

And please bro/sis, the topic said "dating" not "close relationships." I wonder where you imported your "close relationship" from. undecided
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by Hackakeem: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Whenever they are Ripe and matured intellectually that's between 18~25
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
uniquevj:
[size=14pt] *runs and grabs my dictionary searching for the word adolescent angry
adolescence ranges from 7 -13 so why should give advice to kids angry
[/size]
which dictionary do you check
Adolescent
Noun: a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity

Adjective
1 being of age 13 through 19
2 in the state of development between puberty and maturity

synonyms
teen , teenage

olodo angry
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
sinizia:

Mr/Miss, can you tell me how many Nigerian parents will support their 15-year-old children dating because you said there's nothing wrong with age-mates dating one another even if they're minors. Or how many 13-year-olds will confidently introduced their GFs/BFs to their parents and their parents will pat them on the back? You argue for argument sake. Peeps of 14-years-old date, but how many will be bold enough to tell their parents about it in this Nigeria?

Funny how many people lie to themselves just to win an argument.

And please bro/sis, the topic said "dating" not "close relationships." I wonder where you imported your "close relationship" from. undecided
And the fact that Nigerian parents frown at something doesn't make it wrong. Nigerian parents aren't always right and they are the most hypocritical and myopic people on earth.

Define dating please...
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
klepto2015:
And the fact that Nigerian parents frown at something doesn't make it wrong. Nigerian parents aren't always right and they are the most hypocritical and myopic people on earth.

Define dating please...

I never said it made it right or wrong. Cultures differs, Nigeria is not U.S and vice-versa. As long this country is concerned, it's frowned upon. EOD.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
sinizia:

I never said it made it right or wrong. Cultures differs, Nigeria is not U.S and vice-versa. As long this country is concerned, it's frowned upon. EOD.
Your personal viewpoint. Restrict it to yourself. Thanks
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
klepto2015:
Your personal viewpoint. Restrict it to yourself. Thanks

Keep deceiving yourself. Personal viewpoint my black azz. Create a thread to ask Nairaland parents if they'll permit their 13-year-olds to start dating. Of course you know what the result will be. So restrict your viewpoint to yourself too. No thanks.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by iphanyiuma(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
40-70 years...undecidedundecided useless question
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
sinizia:

Keep deceiving yourself. Personal viewpoint my black azz. Create a thread to ask Nairaland parents if they'll permit their 13-year-olds to start dating. Of course you know what the result will be. So restrict your viewpoint to yourself too. No thanks.
Creating a thread is pointless and a waste of time if you ask me. I stand by my point, Nigerian parents aren't always right.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
klepto2015:
Creating a thread is pointless and a waste of time if you ask me. I stand by my point, Nigerian parents aren't always right.

Creating a thread is useless to you only because you already know you'll be trounced by the results favouring me.

What you stand for doesn't translate to reality on the ground. No human is always right so stop using the Nigerian parents excuse to save face.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
sinizia:

Creating a thread is useless to you only because you already know you'll be trounced by the results favouring me.

What you stand for doesn't translate to reality on the ground. No human is always right so stop using the Nigerian parents excuse to save face.
What result is favouring you? Who seriously cares? Like who gives a fvck?

Now if you're done with your overly righteous self, will you please fvck off my mentions?
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
klepto2015:
What result is favouring you? Who seriously cares? Like who gives a fvck?

Now if you're done with your overly righteous self, will you please fvck off my mentions?

You must be suffering from amnesia, your societal anathema!! Do you have pus-filled brain or what?

Who first jumped into each other's posts? Are you suffering for inherent stupidity? Did I know you existed till you brought your pathetic life history into my post first? Get fúck out of my mentions!!
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
sinizia:

You must be suffering from amnesia, your societal anathema!! Do you have pus-filled brain or what?

Who first jumped into each other's posts? Are you suffering for inherent stupidity? Did I know you existed till you brought your pathetic life history into my post first? Get fúck out of my mentions!!
Someone just caught feelings.

Bro, no offense but I insist you fvck off my mentions.
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
klepto2015:
Someone just caught feelings.

Bro, no offense but I insist you fvck off my mentions.

You caught my feelings? grin

Your stupidity is NAFDAC certified. grin
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by klepto2015: 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
sinizia:

You caught my feelings? grin

Your stupidity is NAFDAC certified. grin
Oh well...

<<<--------
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by sinizia: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
klepto2015:
Oh well...

<<<--------

Fúck off!!
Re: What Age Do You Think Is Right For An Adolescent To Start Dating? by zinachidi(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2015
18 i guess, cos it marks adulthood.

(1) (Reply)

Guys: How Will You Feel If Your Girlfriend Tell That...... / 30 Famous Movie Lines You Can Use To Woo A Guy Or Gal / And Men Have Feelings Too!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.