Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,944 members, 7,852,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election (3120 Views)

I Have Lost Faith In This Government / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

name one prominent igbo man in pdp of today

i mean someone 4rm d 5 eastern states

That's why I said Igbos look to others for leadership. Jonathan was the Igbo leader

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
ollyruffy:
Now it is time to know the owners of Lagos.

We will protect Lagos from the Igbos and truncate igbo progress in Lagos going forward with proper legislations.

i bet u datz d only way u can carry out ur threat: 2ru mere words on NAIRALAND
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

i bet u datz d only way u can carry out ur threat: 2ru mere words on NAIRALAND

I guess he learned that from Igbos. They only carry out threats on social media

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

That's why I said Igbos look to others for leadership. Jonathan was the Igbo leader

who made him SE leader?
As if he did much 4 SE, listen d average igbo guy do not av dis politics tin in dia minds..

Stop d beating of d innocent bush, n face fact...

As far as i am concerned, apga remains d only igbo party owned by ikenga
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Rose2014: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:
1. Political Relevance: Now that the Igbos are the opposition and let us see how they are going to cope with being an opposition Party. They have lost the Presidency and Vice Presidency. The cannot get the Senate Presidency or Speaker of the House. The most they can get in the government is Minority Leader of the House or Senate. I see Igbos decamping to APC.

2. Leadership: Who is going to lead the Igbos now? Jonathan was unofficially the Leader of the SS/SE but now who will lead the Igbos in this wilderness. Is it Peter Obi or will they now bow to Akpabio from Akwa Ibom. The Igbos need to go back to the drawing board. They have always looked to other Tribes for Leadership, even looking at the South South now, so I see Igbos decamping to APC in search of Leadership.

3. Governorship Seats: The PDP has only two seats in the SE. Can you believe that? So much for speaking with one voice. The PDP has 2 seats, APGA 2 seats and APC has one seat. These APGA elements will never team up with PDP. They do not want to be part of Opposition. I see two governors decamping to APC

4. Trust from their Hosts: Unfortunately the Igbo over-politicised the Lagos state governorship elections. Even ridiculing the Oba of Lagos to his face. Now that Chukwuemeka Agbaje has lost; Eze Ndigbo of Lagos will remain a third class monarch forever. But the truth is that the Yorubas in Lagos will be more careful in dealing with the Igbos now. You live in a State where you are given the same rights as any other Lagosian but you now choose to Challenge your hosts. Trust me, APC will look for subtle ways of neutralizing Igbos.

If the Igbos were politically smart, they would all support Rochas Okorocha because he could be president in 4 years time. Buhari will most likely be a one-term president and when power returns to the South, it can only go to the South East. Unfortunately, only Rochas, Nigige and Ogbonnaya Onu are wise enough to see that.

sweetheart don't worry, Buhari promised to be paying you 5k per month so there's hope for your situation

Your joblessness wasn't caused by Igbos na. If your brothers start thinking like entrepreneurs like Igbos, your frustration will be over. Stop hoping that government will spoon feed you. It"s not going to happen. If you have some talent, put it to good use. That's what Igbos do.
No need to hate, rather make Igbo friends and plead with them to show you the way
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by MsTIQ(m): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

meaning d monarch is GOD?
Pls... No two wrongs can make One right...

The oba was wrong, pdp use dat as an advantage we all know dis is a political season where tinz are sensitive...

I didn't c any igbo group staging any protest?
U expect dem to b silent w/o airing dia voice n pain?
Can u b silent when u are being threatened?

U c no one stops any 4rm residing anywhere in d world... The world belong to everyone...

U will b tempted to say y lagos?
I will b forced to reply functional sea port in lagos...

QED
You call drowning in the lagoon threat! Let's wake up, do you think the Oba would knock every Igbos' door singularly and throw them in the lagoon? Have you heard of metaphor? Let's stop turning something little into a big thing,trying to capitalise on a minute wrong! What do we call a threat that can never be acted out! Just a bluff and it was taken as something big and preproplanned, the Oba was wrong and he was already chastised by all. Let's stop acting like as if he burnt ur houses or stole ur children! Peace! And likes for Ambode joor cool ... I wee miss Fashola[color=][/color] cry
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

I guess he learned that from Igbos. They only carry out threats on social media

u're passing off as a tribalist to me, n guess wot i don't do well wit ur kind...

I'm an igbo guy, residing with 2 yoruba room mates, i mean pretty gud friends, i refer 2 dem as my brothers...

Our fadas in d past made mistakes in d past are we going 2 folo dat same direction...

Dat will be foolishness...
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by MsTIQ(m): 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

meaning d monarch is GOD?
Pls... No two wrongs can make One right...

The oba was wrong, pdp use dat as an advantage we all know dis is a political season where tinz are sensitive...

I didn't c any igbo group staging any protest?
U expect dem to b silent w/o airing dia voice n pain?
Can u b silent when u are being threatened?

U c no one stops any 4rm residing anywhere in d world... The world belong to everyone...

U will b tempted to say y lagos?
I will b forced to reply functional sea port in lagos...

QED
You call drowning in the lagoon threat! Let's wake up, do you think the Oba would knock every Igbos' door singularly and throw them in the lagoon? Have you heard of metaphor? Let's stop turning something little into a big thing,trying to capitalise on a minute wrong! What do we call a threat that can never be acted out! Just a bluff and it was taken as something big and preproplanned, the Oba was wrong and he was already chastised by all. Let's stop acting like as if he burnt ur houses or stole ur children! Peace! And likes for Ambode joor cool ... I wee miss Fashola cry
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by winniz: 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

Why did Jonathan virtually relocate to Lagos the last three weeks of the elections giving dollars to the traditional rulers and politicians. I guess he didn't need Yoruba votes.

Go ask your useless politicians and your sell out Oba's who collected his money not me.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
MsTIQ:
You call drowning in the lagoon threat! Let's wake up, do you think the Oba would knock every Igbos' door singularly and throw them in the lagoon? Have you heard of metaphor? Let's stop turning something little into a big thing,trying to capitalise on a minute wrong! What do we call a threat that can never be acted out! Just a bluff and it was taken as something big and preproplanned, the Oba was wrong and he was already chastised by all. Let's stop acting like as if he burnt ur houses or stole ur children! Peace! And likes for Ambode joor cool ... I wee miss Fashola[color=][/color] cry

pls let me state categorically dat d igbos were wrong in castigating a monarch, weda we like it or not, the oba remains d royal father of all in lagos...
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by Chigold101(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

Don't take this personal. It's all about learning lessons in life and not repeating the same mistakes. The whole Agbaje thing was very silly of him and those supporting him. You do not go to another community and publicly insult their monarch - even if the monarch was clearly wrong.
it was never about Agbaje & am sure you dont know that.
Let me ask you... Before now how many house of rep members that rep lagos in abuja are igbos? None... But today igbos have four in lagos state.

How many do igbos have in lagos state house assembly? We dont know yet until after the collation of saturday‘s election.

Igbos lost nothing. Igbos gained so much. -because taking 4seats is not an easy fit.

As Ndi Igbo being in opposition lolzzz... Igbos have always been in opposition.

It is only in the return of this democracy that Igbos joined the party at the centre because many igbo politicians were amongst those formed the party in 1998.

Take it or leave it. PDP still remain the only party with die hard grassroot supporters...(i hope u even understand politcs).

Now if in your village, your traditional rulere insults people and they keep quiet. In Igboland it is not so. Our traditional ruler do not insult indigines & insulting a stranger is an abormination. In Igboland a stranger must be protected. That is why we dont kill hausas anytime our people are killed in the north.

Chukwuani will kill you if as an igboman you kill a stranger that lives in ur land
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by magicfingers009: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
excellentmomma:

Shut up and keep serving ur slave masters, ur king is preaching peace u are here blabbing. Why shld I be irrelevant when you will look down south for hand outs, abi u no wan allocation again? Why does Igbo vote so much matter to u, if dey don't matter, Igbo this, Igbo that, are they the reason why, u, yes u as a person don't do well?. I'm glad we spoke with one voice and made our stand known, unlike u that played out the back stabbers that you are. More like, "let's share our votes oh, anyone who wins, we run to him". You shld be ashamed of urself. Your govt must extend a handshake if it must succeed which they are planning already, you are here ranting. Mtscheew

Loooooool. I can't stop laughing. Hatred, anger and pride has blinded the Igbo race. And you think you do well cos the past administration has allowed your kindred make little wealth in their illegal businesses? 419, drug trafficking, privacy, prostitution, ritual killings, kidnapping just to mention a few. Not to worry, we are in a new dispensation, you guys would flushed out like poo in the toilet.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by dramaine(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
excellentmomma:
Shut up and think for ur life and leave Igbo matter alone, abi na dem do u wetin dey do u? APC is still a one man party, Tinubiu's. And Igbos don't bow down to one man.

#Respect ....Eziokwu

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by excellentmomma(f): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
magicfingers009:

Loooooool. I can't stop laughing. Hatred, anger and pride has blinded the Igbo race. And you think you do well cos the past administration has allowed your kindred make little wealth in their illegal businesses? 419, drug trafficking, privacy, prostitution, ritual killings, kidnapping just to mention a few. Not to worry, we are in a new dispensation, you guys would flushed out like poo in the toilet.
It's obvious you are the one speaking with hate. In ur dream you think you can wipe out a whole race. Stop hating and work hard, maybe and just maybe luck will shine on you. Being in govt has never benefited the generality of individuals in the rulling region, but "just a few of d ruler's cronies", from every part of the Nation. Now I understand ur beef. Individual economic emancipation is a moving train in the Igbo race, nobody can stop that. It's just like water finding it's natural course, na God o. So deal with it, Inugo.
Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

who made him SE leader?
As if he did much 4 SE, listen d average igbo guy do not av dis politics tin in dia minds..

Which of the APGAs. The Peter Obi faction or the Rochas faction. The two governors previously elected on the APGA platform have since abandoned it. I expect Obiano and Otti to do same.

APGAS will collapse into APC

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by TooNoisy(f): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

who made him SE leader?

Which of the APGAs. The Peter Obi faction or the Rochas faction. The two governors previously elected on the APGA platform have since abandoned it. I expect Obiano and Otti to do same.

APGA will collapse into APC

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Have Lost In The 2015 Election by adconline(m): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
TooNoisy:

Mumu, I guess that means Obasanjo was Igbo or Hausa right? And Dimeji Bankole who was speaker from 2007 - 2011 was from Adamawa State. Even in 2011, the Yoruba were offered speaker again but rejected it and chose to support Tambuwal. Get your facts right!
You are the Mumu squared. Dispute that Tinubu was in opposition for 16yrs. Dispute that there is no principal officer in PDP-led govt in the last 4 yrs who's Yoruba. Revisionist of history. Mrs Etteh filled Yoruba slot. So Yorubas supported Tambuwal over a Yoruba candidate?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Also Campaigned For Creation Of Biafra At United Nations Assembly.. / Scores Killed As Bokoharam Attacks Borno Village-today News / Why Tony Nwoye A.k.a Ayaka Nsugbe Will Win Anambra Guber With A Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.