Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? (21723 Views)

How The Northerner Feels About Other Nigerians / Global Coalition Against Corruption: Diezani, Ibori, Dariye, 57 Other Nigerians. / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Ramnon2: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Are igbos economically savvy?
They hold 99% of the economy of their zone, while holding between 20-60% of the economy of other zones in Nigeria. This is a huge advantage, I believe.

Is this largely insular economy an advantage to the Igbos? For example, no ''foreign'' (by which I mean non Igbo Nigerians or real foreigners) entity can threaten to ''pull away'' their investments in Igboland, because ''foreigners'' invest little in Igboland to begin with. Virtually everything in Igboland is owned by Igbos.

My one advise for Igbos is for them to go slow on their one-man business mentality and form groups of business people among IGBOS only. Put their companies on the stock exchange for Igbos only. That way they can gain the advantage of economies of scale and still maintain their insularity.

One thing they are doing well, so far: they have business partners abroad, such as in China, USA, EU, Brazil, India etc. They must keep those partners by all means.

However, this ''Igbo only investment'' mentality in Igboland may pose a problem for Igbos when/if Nigeria separates. Igbos will lose nearly every investment they have elsewhere in Nigeria, and would not have equivalents of such businesses owned by non-Igbos in Igboland that they could confiscate in retaliation.

Also, politically, Igbos are still infants and need to learn how to play the game Nigerian style, which is ''eat them or they eat you first''.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by DaBullIT(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Send to trash

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Ipobdevil: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
grin Anuofia

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Achuwa1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Igbos are industrious & tht is why after the civil war,irrespective of their collateral loses they still grow to the level they are now & got here,thereby becoming the most productive speciess on mother earth..
so dont bother urself about them & just keep thinking how u can survive in their absence when they seccede coz i know then Nigeria will be poorest country in the world coz sw are lazy & north is a desert with baren lands

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by kestolove95(m): 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Rebels

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by manchy7531: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nonsense.....my brothers please ignore this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Another thread aimed at tacitly begging igbos to remain in this same cespit country with them,
but this time, minds has already been made up. No going back.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Ramnon2: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Most of the posters above me: Unu nwekwara uche? None of you ka'm abu ezigbota nwa afo Igbo. Now read the post again, and this time carefully.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Ramnon2: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Majority of those who responded to my post show and confirm what I know about SOME of my people. Some of us are just too emotional to reason rationally. What is the non-fact in this post that anyone, let alone an Igbo, should even argue about?

No wonder we have been left in the political doldrums in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by ifex370(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
we have taken over tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ramnon2:
Most of the posters above me: Unu nwekwara uche? None of you ka'm abu ezigbota nwa afo Igbo. Now read the post again, and this time carefully.

Guy, sorry to burst your bubble but all it'll take to humble una would be to deny you all the privileges of importation. You people are majorly traders in retail stuff that are 90% imported from China, and you are here beating chest about controlling other people's economy?? The only folks that can brag about controlling the economy are the Niger-Deltans, followed by the SW simply because they provide the bulk of the revenue that keeps the engine of this country running. Even the amount of Leather that the North exports yearly supercedes whatever non-oil contribution the SE brings to the table. Until your collective contribution to the commonwealth of this country appreciates dramatically, you all have nothing to brag about really unless you want to keep deluding yourselves. Remember that even the ports that bring in the imports that your folks retail are not in your control. SE is landlocked so obviously you do not control your economic destiny. Take away importation and una have nothing to beat chest about. Nuff said.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Achuwa1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
What does sw contribute to the country ?,,they say they have seaport & they dont know hw or what to do with the seaport & the igbos started making using the seaport they now remember tht there is aseaport in Lagos..
seaport tht was built from crude oil money tht belongs to the whole of Nigeria,..
Finally,why not allow the igbos to go if u ppl feel they are contributing notn & their land is landlock...
hunger will kill sw if they try it & thts y lagosians dont like other sw claiming lagos as their own

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by mulattoclaro(m): 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is the type of attitude that you and your fellow tribesmen display that makes other tribes to hate and detest igbos. If you claim you have an advantage over other tribes, why are you trying to annex SS and part of the MB into your banana republic pipe dream and joke of a country called biafra? So other tribes don't have an advantage? Seriously igbos have a complex issue that seriously needs to addressed.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Weedcrusher: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
May God guide us all

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ramnon2:
They hold 99% of the economy of their zone, while holding between 20-60% of the economy of other zones in Nigeria. This is a huge advantage, I believe.

Is this largely insular economy an advantage to the Igbos? For example, no ''foreign'' (by which I mean non Igbo Nigerians or real foreigners) entity can threaten to ''pull away'' their investments in Igboland, because ''foreigners'' invest little in Igboland to begin with. Virtually everything in Igboland is owned by Igbos.

My one advise for Igbos is for them to go slow on their one-man business mentality and form groups of business people among IGBOS only. Put their companies on the stock exchange for Igbos only. That way they can gain the advantage of economies of scale and still maintain their insularity.

One thing they are doing well, so far: they have business partners abroad, such as in China, USA, EU, Brazil, India etc. They must keep those partners by all means.

However, this ''Igbo only investment'' mentality in Igboland may pose a problem for Igbos when/if Nigeria separates. Igbos will lose nearly every investment they have elsewhere in Nigeria, and would not have equivalents of such businesses owned by non-Igbos in Igboland that they could confiscate in retaliation.

Also, politically, Igbos are still infants and need to learn how to play the game Nigerian style, which is ''eat them or they eat you first''.

Did you say put their businesses on the stock exchange for ibos alone? This is hilarious, how do you intend to do that?
Let me start making note of promising and profitable ibos businesses to buy as soon as they land on the stock exchange.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by funlord(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
wink

Excellent Crap!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Achuwa1:
What does sw contribute to the country ?,,they say they have seaport & they dont know hw or what to do with the seaport & the igbos started making using the seaport they now remember tht there is aseaport in Lagos..
seaport tht was built from crude oil money tht belongs to the whole of Nigeria,..
Finally,why not allow the igbos to go if u ppl feel they are contributing notn & their land is landlock...
hunger will kill sw if they try it & thts y lagosians dont like other sw claiming lagos as their own

You are obviously ignorant and dont know what you're talking about. Lagos ports weren't built with any oil money. The british built it long before there was anything called Nigeria or before Oil was even discovered so you are better off keeping quiet than exposing your ignorance. Secondly, what does the SW contribute to the country? Did you really just ask that? Besides our contribution in Oil revenue (which surpasses what the SE produces and contributes), we are the highest non-oil contributors to the economy. We are the most industrialized region. Also, our land, air, and sea ports also generate more than any other region's. Educate yourself for a change rather than embarrassing yourself.

https://www.naij.com/499136-see-much-nigeria-earned-non-oil-commodities-2014.html

According to the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) data, Nigeria earned a total sum of $2.4bn from the exportation of cocoa, rubber, and other non-oil commodities within the 2014 fiscal period. The NEPC estimates show that cocoa exports with a total amount of $666.45m accounted for the highest non-oil export earnings, followed by raw hides, skins and leather with $487.97m....

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Weedcrusher:

Simple truth, nothing to invest in Igboland. No sane investor will invest billions of naira in a region where some destitute will wake up one day to protest and riot for a stupid reason

Guy, if Igboland is so great a place, why are igbo people fleeing her in droves for other regions? Maybe we'd all buy into their hype if they'd just sit their butts at home (for a change) or relocate back East en masse.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by madenigga(m): 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Guy, if Igboland is so great a place, why are igbo people fleeing her in droves for other regions? Maybe we'd all buy into their hype if they'd just sit their butts at home (for a change) or relocate back East en masse.
If igboland is so useless and poor why force them into the same country with you?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
madenigga:

If igboland is so useless and poor why force them into the same country with you?

I just came back from a very lengthy ban for supporting Bia... so I'm not one of those you are alluding to.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by codedslayer: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Achuwa1:
Igbos are industrious & tht is why after the civil war,irrespective of their collateral loses they still grow to the level they are now & got here,thereby becoming the most productive speciess on mother earth..
so dont bother urself about them & just keep thinking how u can survive in their absence when they seccede coz i know then Nigeria will be poorest country in the world coz sw are lazy & north is a desert with baren lands

Typical yeeboe man, smuggle cocaine or setup a baby factory business then you are hardworking. Work in the office then you are lazy. Keep disgracing yourself everywhere. The North is barren but your kinsmen cant stop trooping there daily, insulting all tribe daily wont help you guys. Mschew

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by codedslayer: 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
madenigga:

Please who is forcing them? You guys are trooping to other region daily and still claiming they are holding you. See logic.

15 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Achuwa1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Go to Lagos mesuem archives & see for ur self wat the british were using as seaport then & compare it with what u see now at the Lagos seaport..
it is the crude oil money ur sw states sit at home to receive from abj tht developed lagos port to what u see now from tht ancient colonial days.
sw should thank lagosian for their hospitality coz if not for them i dont think there will be difference between wat we see in the north & sw.
After all we lost during tge civil war,we have still gone as far as leading other part of the country econommically & in terms of self dependance..

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by madenigga(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Guy, sorry to burst your bubble but all it'll take to humble una would be to deny you all the privileges of importation. You people are majorly traders in retail stuff that are 90% imported from China, and you are here beating chest about controlling other people's economy?? The only folks that can brag about controlling the economy are the Niger-Deltans, followed by the SW simply because they provide the bulk of the revenue that keeps the engine of this country running. Even the amount of Leather that the North exports yearly supercedes whatever non-oil contribution the SE brings to the table. Until your collective contribution to the commonwealth of this country appreciates dramatically, you all have nothing to brag about really unless you want to keep deluding yourselves. Remember that even the ports that bring in the imports that your folks retail are not in your control. SE is landlocked so obviously you do not control your economic destiny. Take away importation and una have nothing to beat chest about. Nuff said.
So many times igbos have prooved every one wrong, igbos lost d war and most people thought they were down wud never rise, but they rose so much that they became the subject of envy of there hosts e.g Yoruba.
Igbo's people say they dont go to school but the statistics say other wise.
The day Nigeria stops importation, u people wud think that it is finished, but don't be surprised if every 2 by 2 shop you see in the east becomes a factory.
Most of you think igbos are fools, that there land they leave it, that other Nigerians don't own properties there but igbos alone do.
Igbos naturally like assets, when they are done buying most of the properties in the choice areas in Nigeria and rented them out, after making most of u tenant's in your own land's, when u guys now come to igbo land, u guys wud still be there tenants.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by codedslayer: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Achuwa1:

So seaport built before Nigeria was built with oil money. You are truly ignorant, face your Fan yogo selling in traffic and stop posting crap everywhere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ramnon2:

Ewu

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Achuwa1:
Go to Lagos mesuem archives & see for ur self wat the british were using as seaport then & compare it with what u see now at the Lagos seaport..
it is the crude oil money ur sw states sit at home to receive from abj tht developed lagos port to what u see now from tht ancient colonial days.
sw should thank lagosian for their hospitality coz if not for them i dont think there will be difference between wat we see in the north & sw.
After all we lost during tge civil war,we have still gone as far as leading other part of the country econommically & in terms of self dependance..
i wish biafra will come soon so tht we can go & leave this ungodly union called nigeria.

Look, all this your rants will amount to nothing until your folks talk with their feet by moving en masse back to Ala Igbo. Stop deceiving yourself that you lead other parts of the country in any way coz it is no more than a fantasy. Your region is obviously not economically viable, else even your own people would not be leaving there in droves. I mean, for all the 'development' in your SE, you all still have to emigrate to other 'less developed' regions for economic survival. That shyt don't make no sense. We can both agree on one point though, and that is that I also wish you all would have your own country, nothing else would make me happier.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Achuwa1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Since u have been carrying files from office to office,,tell me wat sw has achieved with their office work..
it really shows how lazy u ppl are.
. So u can openly tell someone u are looking for office job.
i daunt if u ppl can leave this 'owo ile' thing coz each time i see u ppl collecting money from igbos doing business i feel ontop of the world & happi coz we are making u ppl slaves & beggars in sw

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by IkpuMmadu: 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
where are ugomba,odenigboaroli,asadike,hopeathand,Onenaira1,missy89, 1bkay3, 1bkaye,
superduperjay, TonySpike,
Ritchiee, BlaqCoffee109, mcfarlin,
Ioannes, forgiveness,
ghostofsparta, dollyak, spicygal, IlekeHD
dollyparton1, angiography,

Now let the fight begin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by IkpuMmadu: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ramnon2:

putting your bisiness in stock isnt a requirement for success, people go to stock to raise funds, if a company has money why go for a stock...you see why you fail in life...YOU DONT GO TO STOCK FOR THE BEAUTY OF BEEN QUOTED. IF YOU HAVER THE RESOURCES TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS.Bleep STOCK

so why are you worried about igbos..why dont you worry about your people the yoruba...tell them to start thinking production..owo mi da and owo ile is not sustainable

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Flyoruboy(m): 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
madenigga:

So many times igbos have prooved every one wrong, igbos lost d war and most people thought they were down wud never rise, but they rose so much that they became the subject of envy of there hosts e.g Yoruba.
Igbo's people say they dont go to school but the statistics say other wise.
The day Nigeria stops importation, u people wud think that it is finished, but don't be surprised if every 2 by 2 shop you see in the east becomes a factory.
Most of you think igbos are fools, that there land they leave it, that other Nigerians don't own properties there but igbos alone do.
Igbos naturally like assets, when they are done buying most of the properties in the choice areas in Nigeria and rented them out, after making most of u tenant's in your own land's, when u guys now come to igbo land, u guys wud still be there tenants.

Yinmu. The SW is still the most industrialized region in Nigeria by far, so there's nothing you all can do that we haven't already done and can't do better. If you like convert all your 'high-rises' to factories, we'll do just fine. Nobody envies you all, it's just that your loss of the war engendered a deep sense of inferiority complex in you, so much so that you begin to see enemies where there are none, and falsely blame others for your problems. What more do you want from us? We allow you to come to our land and accomodate you all, since obviously yours isn't ideal enough to sustain your army of almajiris economically. We tolerate your excesses in our region, some of us even support your agitation to leave sef if you want, yet what do we get? Your hero Kanu rains abuses and curses on our race as if we are the ones stopping you all from moving back to Ala Igbo. Truth is, we don't need you all coz really we can do without you -- if you all leave Nigeria today, we will live our lives like y'all never existed. If we need imports we have the ports, we'll go to China and bring in the goods. We can build our own factories. So why would we be against your desire to secede? Like I said, collectively you all are still suffering from the hangover from the loss of the civil war, which unfortunately distorts your perception of reality.

28 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Buba Umar Jibril, Late Reps Deputy Majority Leader / HURIWA Carpets Muhammad Tanko For Stoking Religious Conflict / CBN Postpones Launch Of eNaira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.