Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai (2497 Views)

Profile of Aisha-jummai Alhassan Nigerias' First Elected Female Governor. / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by mzgboy: 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
AISHA JUMMAI AL-HASSAN IS A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WHO WAS
ELECTED SENATOR FOR THE TARABA NORTH CONSTITUENCY OF
TARABA STATE, NIGERIA IN THE APRIL 2011 FEDERAL ELECTIONS. SHE
RAN ON THE PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) PLATFORM. SHE
LATER DECAMPED TO THE MAIN OPPOSITION PARTY ALL PROGRESSIVE
CONGRESS (APC) . CURRENTLY GOVERNOR ELECTED ON THE 11TH OF
APRIL 2015 .
TARAWA STATE. THE FIRST EVER FEMALE GOVERNOR IN THE FEDERAL
REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
In the January 2011 PDP primaries, Jummai defeated the incumbent
Senator, former Ambassador Manzo Anthony. It was said that she was a
protégé of former Governor Jolly Nyame, who wanted her to defeat
Manzo, thinking he could then defeat her. However, after winning the
primaries Jummai ran an energetic election campaign, managing to
gain Christian support despite herself being Muslim. She was also
generous with her money, feeding the delegates and travelling with a
motorcade of plush jeeps.
In the 9 April 2011 elections, Jummai won 114,131 votes, followed by
Jolly Nyame of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) with 92,004 votes.
[4] She was one of four women elected on the PDP ticket, the others
being Nkechi Nwaogu (Abia Central), Helen Esuene (Akwa Ibom South)
and Nenadi Usman (Kaduna South). Following the election, she was
said to have been in competition for the Senate President seat.
Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan is a Mumuye. A lawyer by training, Jummai
became Taraba State Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice.
She was appointed the Chief Registrar of the High Court of the Federal
Capital Territory, Abuja on 17 December 2003. After she retired from
service she went into business.
AISHA JUMMAI’S YOUNGER BROTHER IS FORMER SENATOR
ABDULAZEEZ IBRAHIM. SHE ACTIVELY SUPPORTS THE TARABA STATE
FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by KanwuliaJara: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good to know women for "NORTH" dey do "asawo"politics too! wink
Congrats ma! grin
Now, go and pay your "god papa" with your "OKIJA SHRINE" oath! wink
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by dawnomike(m): 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
This is very good for our democracy!!!
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Is it now official?
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by midolian(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
She lost..saw it jst now on the netwrk news..

Attached here is wat I could snap..I am sure you know the womans name doesn't contain "AkU"

Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by darnley16(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Fvck the Police
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by jamex93(m): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good

madam no steal money o

or na Lagos lagoon we dey go dump u
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by Edwardhead(m): 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
presidential result of taraba is the same as gubernatorial result... what a coincidence!
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by PhockPhockMan: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
midolian:
She lost..saw it jst now on the netwrk news..

Attached here is wat I could snap..I am sure you know the womans name doesn't contain "AkU"
I saw it too, the woman lost.
Re: Meet The First Female Governor- Elect In Nigeria, Aisha Jummai by midolian(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I saw it too, the woman lost.
o boi! NTA don change direction o! I jst saw something like "collation in taraba state is still on as INEC has not announced any official result"....I am sure ur pple (PDP) are @ work...winx*

(1) (Reply)

I Am 100% Ready To Die For BIAFRA / Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) / Former Governor Of Niger State Abdulahi Kure Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.