Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) (2392 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola / Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Has Govt Or Nepa Increased Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by icerberg(m): 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
I returned from my holiday a few days ago and had to get units for my prepaid metre. After payment and getting my receipt token, I discovered that what N2,000 normally gives me was short by 18 units, so I asked the lady and she told me Electricity Tariff has been increased effective 01/01/2017. The increment was from N24 per unit to N31 per unit. While I was still trying to think of what to say, the lady simply looked at me and said "Oga it is well" .

This increment was Secretly carried out to avoid protest like the one that follow the proposed mobile data tariff. This ought to be the reason why nations have labour unions, but the Nigerian Labour Unions have been bought and paid for.

This is really terrible, prices of virtually everything in Nigeria have gone up but salaries from Federal, State, LGA and Private Establishments remain the same.

Below is a receipt of the worth of N1,000 unit as at January 2016. In January 2017, N2,000 can not afford it.

I just hope somehow, things get better in this country soon.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Firefire(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Part of change... please continue to endure the suffering.

By the time Buhary finish with Naijiria... you will all curse the day you all voted him into power.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by talktrue1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
It is well
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
In onatisi voice,"by the time bu ha ri finish with us our necks go long die like rope".

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Splinz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
It is no surprise! Apparently, everything about this government is scam!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by ScotsReferendum: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sorry Op @ iceberg

Afonjas are the ones to blame

Some are still defending Buhari out of shame and guilt not to acknowledge that truly they lack wisdom cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by INTROVERT(f): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
No wailing here please grin grin
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by psucc(m): 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
While Ghana's new president promises to cut tax, Nigeria is increasing same.

By the way, what is 'Nigerian govt business advocating price hike for the services of companies it has privatized?

Even the companies know that their services are not worth paying for but will use govt agencies - regulatory and security, to foist their prices.

I thought APC cum Buhari were coming to make these changes but they only change the size of their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by TANKDESTROYER(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sad bro
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by icerberg(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
talktrue1:
It is well
ARE YOU SURE?
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by kodded(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
cc Sarrki, progress69, modath, passingshit, dropshot, cleverly, AntiWailer,

if I don't see you guys comment on this thread, then I know you guys are not patriotic, just another buhari paid ass-licker

undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Emekamex(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cost of living is on the increase daily while the salary remains the same. Tell me how one can improve the economy with this kind of policy?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by sarrki(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
kodded:

if I don't see you guys comment on this thread, then I know you guys are not patriotic, just another buhari paid ass-licker

undecided

Link will do justice

Coz I know I pay now without service charge
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by AntiWailer: 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
kodded:

undecided

Why are you disturbing my mention.

I bought Nepa Card of 30k in December 28th and there was no increase in Tarrif as far as I know.

Use your brain to fight for your right and leave me out. Until my current unit finishes, I might not be able to confirm the changes.

As for being a paid ass-licker, Do you want their contact so they start paying you to Lick Ass too.

M0r0n.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by codedguy1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
It's a shame.
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Pavarottii(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dividends of change.
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by DropShot: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
[s]
kodded:

undecided
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Pavarottii(m): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Why are you disturbing my mention.

I bought Nepa Card of 30k in December 28th and there was no increase in Tarrif as far as I know.

Use your brain to fight for your right and leave me out. Until my current unit finishes, I might not be able to confirm the changes.

As for being a paid ass-licker, Do you want their contact so they start paying you to Lick Ass too.

M0r0n.

U bought nepa light 30k.

Dem Don come ooo... pinocchio wiv d long nose; my best cartoon.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by AntiWailer: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pavarottii:

U bought nepa light 30k.

Dem Don come ooo... pinocchio wiv d long nose; my best cartoon.

May be you thought every body you argue with on Nairaland is your mate.

Yes, I bought Nepa Card of 30k in December.

You can go and hug Transformer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Hiploko(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

May be you thought every body you argue with on Nairaland is your mate.

Yes, I bought Nepa Card of 30k in December.

You can go and hug Transformer.
like party like supporters. Grand liars

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Hiploko(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
DropShot:
[s][/s]
see them. Supporters by religion. Hardship distributors

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by AntiWailer: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hiploko:
like party like supporters. Grand liars

lol.

his mind can not bear the fact that i bought Nepa Card of 30k value in December grin grin

Pauper.

NB : I don't belong to any party. You don't have to agree. Just saying it for the records so you stop talking without Honor.
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by DropShot: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
[s]
Hiploko:
see them. Supporters by religion. Hardship distributors
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Franchise21(m): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
Naso we see am ooh
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Jokerman(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
kodded:

undecided

Lol.... if Modath comments here today, I will drink garri as my dinner...
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by SalomonKane: 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Firefire:
Part of change... please continue to endure the suffering.

By the time Buhary finish with Naijiria... you will all curse the day you all voted him into power.
Believe me, it'll be no different than the day we curse the day we voted in the Otuoke relegated Dr into Aso Rock.

The problem with people like you is that you still believe in this system that recycle thieves, it doesn't matter which attire they wear, as long as they preach incompetence and gross ineptitude, you're okay with them.

Increased NePa tariff of not. It's high time we do away with all the present generation of politician. They've longed out lived their usefulness. Even PMB too!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by allfriends(m): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sometyns I wonder y some Nigerians act like fools .. U bought card worth 30k .. And DT means u r rich or wealthy ..infact receive brain. . What s not good is not good , period .. Buhari shd act to fulfill d promises he made during campaign .. And not killing us wit taxes knowing fully well minimum wage s same n18000 .. D's s crazy and not interesting any longer

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Franchise21(m): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
icerberg:
I returned from my holiday a few days ago and had to get units for my prepaid metre. After payment and getting my receipt token, I discovered that what N2,000 normally gives me was short by 18 units, so I asked the lady and she told me Electricity Tariff has been increased effective 01/01/2017. The increment was from N24 per unit to N31 per unit. While I was still trying to think of what to say, the lady simply looked at me and said "Oga it is well" .

This increment was Secretly carried out to avoid protest like the one that follow the proposed mobile data tariff. This ought to be the reason why nations have labour unions, but the Nigerian Labour Unions have been bought and paid for.

This is really terrible, prices of virtually everything in Nigeria have gone up but salaries from Federal, State, LGA and Private Establishments remain the same.

Below is a receipt of the worth of N1,000 unit as at January 2016. In January 2017, N2,000 can not afford it.

I just hope somehow, things get better in this country soon.

God bless Nigeria.
Oga, from wat I'm seeing, u bought it from Evbuoriaria business unit
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by donsteady(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
Madness
Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by onatisi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
In onatisi voice,"by the time bu ha ri finish with us our necks go long die like rope".
Na so my brother. Nowadays I just watch and laugh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by Oildichotomy(m): 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
I don't think IKEDC or EKEDC have effected this increment yet but I know for sure, it is in pipeline!

For BEDC to have started this, there is every possibility that they intend slipping it in through the backdoor, typical of the chickens in power!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Secretly Increased Electricity Tariff (pictures) by niyogeol(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
To many commentators here, this said increment is the second phase of the increment that took effect on february 1, 2016. It is known as MYTO(multi year tarrif order). The tarrif is subject to increment yearly; 2016-2021 before it will be reviewed downward again. So brace up for the years ahead.

There is a document that was approved by Babatunde Fashola of tarrif plans till 2021. Tarrif won't decline until this said time. It is really a sad situation that the cost of energy continue to soar when services rendered by discos keep going south.

I believe the way out of this mess is for FG to revoke license of these discos and sell to competent investors who will be willing to invest into the industry unlike the present crops of investors who are not willing to put their money. This I don't see happening as the minister of power, works and housing has said revoking the license of discos will scare investors away from Nigeria. This statement to me is reckless.

P.S: In the word of M. Buhari- the privatization was done hurriedly and the previous government sold to their cronies.

If the president can ulter this word and his minister said otherwise; it shows there is no synergy between them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victory For PDP In Osun / As An APGA Chieftain, I Won't Go To Katsina - Peter Obi / Nnamdi Kanu In Italy - Strong Message To Stubborn Igbos Developing Lagos And ABJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.