Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? (3583 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by ijebubabe(f): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2015
CFCfan:
@ijebubabe: Addressing an elected official as "your excellency" is a medieval practice that needs to end in Nigeria. For goodness sake, a governor is not a King or queen.
"Mr. President" or "Mr governor" should suffice.

Agreed but even with that, they do not use "Mr Governor" that often.

What about when they take calls from Emirs? I remember one of the Emirs from the northern state phoned in and I wasn't impressed with how he was addressed.
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by maestroferddi: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2015
MEILYN:
This is a blatant lie. Whether you like it or not, TVC has been professional thus far and I think they have been the best as far as this election is concerned.

I like channels but forget it, TVC has been the number one. I watch both stations and I know what I am saying. TVC gives you up to date info while Channels talk from morning till night without showing any reasonable video. Give it to TVC abeg...
No point arguing with you since you have been brainwashed by APC propaganda.

There is nothing to compare between Channels and TVC. While one is a champion of balanced reportage, the other is infamous for slant news items.

The only news about PDP you hear on TVC is negative.

In their so-called graphics on the election season, TVC would concentrate on states where APC is winning while spreading propaganda and falsehood in states where APC has no chance of winning.

Everybody objective analyst knows that there is no how APC can win in states like Enugu, Rivers and Akwa Ibom in a free and fair election. But what do we get from TVC?

They would amplify isolated incidents in states where APC is weak to create a false semblance of competition. The APC contestants in the said areas are also players in the act. They would be sponsoring laughable protest to deceive people that they have traction in their states.

TVC is the first to report that PDP contestants have conceded defeat but would be aiding disaffection and acrimony by giving undue airtime to preposterous agitation of APC contestants.

Yesterday they were already propagandising the victory of Jummai Alhassan in Taraba even when the results were yet to be announced. They are yet to offer any apology to viewers for the gaffe unlike Channels that immediately rectified an earlier error in suggesting that Nashuni won in Katsina instead of Bello Masari.

Take the case of Delta. TVC had been spreading falsehood on how Ortega Emerhor of APC would win the state. When it became clear to them that APC is not active in Delta, they now seized Ogboru's (LP) ridiculous assertion to create confusion. Who doesn't know that PDP has Delta on lockdown?

Leave that thing: I can write volumes on TVC's countless infractions.

Make your findings. Most people that watch TVC are APC supporters. Others dismiss the station as Tinubu's propaganda contraption...

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by ijebubabe(f): 8:07am On Apr 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I give it to TVC. Channels did well, but I feel Chamberlain Usoh should stop using Oyibo accent. He is not good at it.

Chamberlain has always spoken with the same accent and diction - right from his days at the now defunct DBN TV, Eko Court Complex, VI.

Heck, he used to stalk me back then and his voice hasn't changed one bit grin
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by maestroferddi: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2015
praxisnetworks:
TVC News gave a sterling performance....

Seun Okinbaloye needs to be laid off from politics today...he is simply tactless
The whole Channelstv crew tend to talk too much about nothing!

TVC News was always sharp and concise no beating about...no loong stories like Channelstv....In fact it seemed that the station had no affiliation with any political gladiator... an epitome of balanced reporting!....

Channelstv needs to grow up from showing viewers in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan any nitwit can stream the station online...its not an achievement!
You must have arrived from Afghanistan to be posting the rubbish above.

Seun Okinbaloye, arguably one of the best political anchors in Nigeria or are you talking of another?

No surprises here. You support APC so no-one would be surprised if white appears black to you...

TVC no showing partisanship? Is Lai your middle name?

Why am I even reacting to your asinine views...

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by maestroferddi: 8:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Rilikoko:
I think TVC did the job for dis election...clear pictures,live coverage,on d spot reporting and so on
Channels should just watch their back,my advise
The word here is objectivity.

Channels has consistently maintained balance reportage in all their coverage.

It is not that they were not up to speed with developments in the election season. They just displayed professional discipline in refraining from slanting their output.

They had the best analysts/pundits covering the election. How many people can hold a candle to Jiti Ogunye, Chima Nnaji, the prof from UNILAG, Maupe Ogun, Chamberlain Usoh, Charles Eruka, Liborus Oshoma, and numerous others?

Channels is in a league of their own in Nigeria. Others will keep playing catch-up...

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=ijebubabe post=32663655]

I also find the presenters at Channels TV rather rude. If they had their way, they won't address an Emir by "your royal highness" or a governor by "your excellency". Even their tone sometimes will speaking to guests that have phoned in is rather harsh and rude

I noticed that too, element of rudeness in their conversation. They really need to correct that aspect.

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
ijebubabe:

You've raised my exact sentiments about channels TV.

They talk wayyyyyyyyyyy too much.

Asking vieweres to send pictures of their flat TVs is also very tacky, silly and childish as you will see all sorts including children and babies posing infront of their TV.

I also find the presenters at Channels TV rather rude. If they had their way, they won't address an Emir by "your royal highness" or a governor by "your excellency". Even their tone sometimes will speaking to guests that have phoned in is rather harsh and rude

I noticed too

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC's on the spot coverage, excellent visual cannot be disputed but then they are too Partisan, they don't hide their preference for a Particular party over the other, while Channels is the undisputed champion when it comes to Analysis, VIP interviews and Call-in et el... But then Channels were just all talk, talk and talk, they hardly broadcast virtuals of happenings and their presenters are sometimes rude.. Maupe in particular tend to be overzealous atimes... But u can't take the professionalism away from them...

4 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Both tried grin

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by abbsal(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2015
I'll choose Channels,though I don't have Tvc so I can't compare. But I know Tvc is an excellent station,they just need to get on Dstv.

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by starlingbawa(m): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2015
Channels TV and by a long shot too!!!

1 Like

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Omololu007(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2015
TVC and by a very long shot too

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by ladi02(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
TVC for me..they always show whats happening on the streets rather than the studio guys

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by sinkhole: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
omoteamac:
AIT is the worstest TV station ever liveth.......they are in the league of galaxy,mbi and co

Channels was good but tvc was better...I see them at the topmost top of broadcasting service in the next few years....
Haba, "ore" you wan give me high BP? I get shares for DaarCom o grin
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by emmasege: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Channels is even becoming more partisan these days with the likes of Prof Akin Oyebode who keeps singing praises of tinubu and never sees any fault in him all through the election periods. Most of their analysts were obviously APC supporters just like the station. Channels cunningly like a green snake under green grass made a lot of Nigerians believe they were unbiased and different from apolitical NTA & AIT, when the truth of the matter was that they were working for APC.
As for me, I no longer see their analysis and reportage as balanced again with the likes of Akin Oyebode and several others they parade. I hope another professional station emerges soon
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
sinkhole:
lolssss...daarcom of all companies...you bleep up big time....
Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by praxisnetworks: 12:59am On Apr 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
You must have arrived from Afghanistan to be posting the rubbish above.

Seun Okinbaloye, arguably one of the best political anchors in Nigeria or are you talking of another?

No surprises here. You support APC so no-one would be surprised if white appears black to you...

TVC no showing partisanship? Is Lai your middle name?

Why am I even reacting to your asinine views...

Seun Okinbaloye is a rude and obviously uncultured tv anchorman..... His interview on Dakuku Peterside left me puking... He lacks tact, grace and class! I beg to disagree with you he's not one of the best anchors in Nigeria....never! Well I have freed myself from the shackles of DSTV hence unfettered access to balance broadcast by TVC News.... a week of viewing AIT is enough to run a sane man madd....

3 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by praxisnetworks: 1:00am On Apr 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
The word here is objectivity.

Channels has consistently maintained balance reportage in all their coverage.

It is not that they were not up to speed with developments in the election season. They just displayed professional discipline in refraining from slanting their output.

They had the best analysts/pundits covering the election. How many people can hold a candle to Jiti Ogunye, Chima Nnaji, the prof from UNILAG, Maupe Ogun, Chamberlain Usoh, Charles Eruka, Liborus Oshoma, and numerous others?

Channels is in a league of their own in Nigeria. Others will keep playing catch-up...

the highlighted are very rude, arrogant and uncultured....and they tend to keep yapping about nothing most of the time!

3 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by praxisnetworks: 1:01am On Apr 14, 2015
sinkhole:

Burn all records associated with AIT/DAARSAT shares not worth the price of toilet roll!

2 Likes

Re: TVC News Or Channelstv, Which Covered The Elections Better? by praxisnetworks: 1:02am On Apr 14, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun please put this on frontpage 4 more contributions...

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari With Obama And Other World Leaders In Germany / SSS Used Israeli Company To Plant Spy Bugs All Over Aso Villa – Idris Ahmed / The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.