Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D (1487 Views)

"Buhari Can't Stop Me BSc-ED" Picture Trending On Social Media. Gotten This Bad? / There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / Osinbajo Receives American Ambassador To Nigeria 'james F. Entwistle' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by bogzyboy(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2015
My former student and I had a heated discussion over "Why are we Igbos falling behind in Nigeria?" Dr. O and I are Igbos of Anambra origin and have had the knack of bantering over the progress of our people. This time, Dr. O disputed every argument I presented since he believes Igbos in Nigeria and abroad are faring rather poorly in every aspect of human endeavor.

ME: "What of Igbo progress in education?

DR. O: "No, Igbos are making no strides. In fact, they are regressing educationally".

ME: "Don't Igbos have money?"

DR. O: "Not at all. Their money is useless without doing anything for their community. They build castles in Northern Nigeria and then are chased away while their home states remain largely undeveloped."

"What else?" I asked in desperation.

Dr. O: "Nothing else, Doc, You see, Igbos may end up being the underclass in Nigeria as they are hated by all the other tribes ".

He went on to discuss the exploding numbers of non-Igbo (Yoruba and Hausa) physicians, engineers, scientists, mathematicians, bankers, politicians, billionaires, and manufacturers scattered in Nigeria all over the world. Throwing my hands up in desperation, I asked my assailant: "Do you know that without Ndiigbo pioneers, Nigeria would not be where we now are educationally?" I repeated the question much to Dr. O's amusement. He thought I should know better than that. I am tempted to concluded that Ndigbo are falling behind because they are not interested in helping others and all this is happening while Igbos are neglecting some important personality issues that might be stunting their progress. That happens when Igbos are so busy chasing after "toro na afu" (pennies), just as the old proverb used to say "penny wise pound foolish".

Many Igbo professors I have known to be working at various American institutions of higher education have recently been dismissed before attaining tenured positions of full professorships. But there are scores of Yoruba Deans, Vice presidents, Vice Chancellors, and Provosts. I called two Yoruba men I know, a Vice President on the east coast and Associate Vice Chancellor at a large community college system on the west coast to ask "What are you doing right that the Igbos are doing wrong?" More Yoruba professors and professionals in the USA appear to be quieter, less troublesome, and get along better with spouses, colleagues, and the Americans in general. Some Igbo professionals appear to be louder, more quarrelsome and argumentative, more ostentatious, self- aggrandizing, and showy when displaying material stuffs like vehicles and houses. One Igbo Department Chairman had the habit of arguing with his university President at staff meetings until he was replaced with another mathematician. One Igbo physician had the engine of his Rolls-Royce running on display outside his office while attending to his patients. This doctor was more interested in acquiring best automobiles than in providing best patient care. He had to quit his practice in America and move to Nigeria when old patients moved away and new ones weren't forthcoming.

On US college campuses, Nigerian professors tend to look down on students, comparing them to Nigerian students they had taught much to the annoyance of faculty and staff. Though Nigerian professors are considered to be very intelligent, the Igbos tend to be held to lower esteem than the non-Igbos due to personality issues, including infighting. I saw this happen to three Igbo young men who obtained their PhD's from the same university in the same discipline and taught at the same university. They were from Enugu, Imo, and Anambra States and got on well in graduate for four years, often entertaining white faculty at their Nigerian parties to which they invited their white professors and other Nigerians. Trouble started after the Imo man graduated first and was hired as Department Chairman of a State school, and he hired the other two as Assistant Professors. The first two years of working together were fine until hell broke loose in the third year. The chairman turned autocratic, becoming openly confrontational, and being accused of bearing tales to the Dean to engineer dissent among the Department employees and have his friends fired. "Watch out," he told the Americans, "these Africans may take over the Department." He was right because the Nigerians were plotting to hire other Nigerian professors to form the majority and gain promotions and tenures through each other's recommendations A bitter war ensued, culminating in the Chairman's inability to function and eventual resignation. When I tried to mediate since I knew all three of these Igbo men, the Anambra man warned me to keep out. What happened was the Enugu professor relocated to Florida after former Chairman from Imo escaped to a quieter Texas city, leaving the lone Anambra professor to figure out the cause of bickering. I told him he was the fool and chief instigator of palaver.

Incidentally, I am tempted to initiate a blithering indictment of NdiIgbo and their leadership at home and abroad as cause of why Igbos are falling behind . Igbos do not get along in any organization. Bitter infightings are the order of the day. Petty jealousies, love of money and obsession with chieftaincy titles add up to render Ndigbo further disunited. We condemn the Igbo governors for failure to take care of the rest of us at the difficult times in our history as the Yorubas and Hausas have done for their people. We denounce Igbo parents and elders for over-emphasizing the pursuit of money over and above respect, education, and igwebuike (community unity) as instruments for Igbo nation-building. We accuse Igbo religious leadership of its unfaithfulness in abandoning their calling and prostituting (being akwunakwuna) after prosperity. We condemn Ndigbo in general for their excessive pursuit of "ebe onye si bia" (where one comes from). Ndiigbo have excessive clannishness (Abiasm, Enuguism, Imoisn, Anambraism, Ebonyism). We fault Igbo people in general for their abandonment of technical education that generates employment, and we condemn Igbos for their fixating on excessive use of defeat in Biafran War as unwarranted excuse for developing the inability to form relationships across tribal boundaries and for being lazy and remaining in deep stupor, trance, coma, daze, state of unconsciousness.

Having said this, why are Ndiigbo falling behind In Nigeria and in the United States? Are the Igbos discouraged in their circumstances? Are they brow-beaten as a result of losing the Biafran War? What is the cause of their feelings of being trapped, downtrodden, subjugated, broken, oppressed, demoralized, or exploited? Can we trace the demoralization of Ndiigbo to post traumatic syndrome (PTS) suffered from defeat, or atrocities of Biafran War? It is safe to believe the Igbos didn't suffer a defeat in war; they simply gained the opportunity to regroup, rethink, re-strategize, and return stronger and more resilient. Igbos have always bounced back. There is nothing shameful about falling down from time to time; but it is discreditable to remain on the ground after a fall. Isn't what seems to keep us Igbos down for 44 years since the Biafran War ended is that we are not united? Are we Igbos less likely to lift both ourselves and each other up after a fall? Are we carrying unnecessary baggages consisting of guilt, "mmegbu" (oppression); "anya ufu" (jealousy), "anya ukwu" (greed), and "obi –ojoo" (bitterness)?Let's look at some of our glaring problems.

In education, fewer Igbo children and adults are going to schools than they once did, than the Yorubas. More Igbos are interested in making money and dreaming of becoming billionaire Dangote or politician President Goodluck than they are in acquiring education for the love of it. More Yorubas are acquiring higher education to the PhD level than the Igbos. There are fewer Igbos in SEM (science, engineering, and mathematics) and technology (plumbing, air conditioning, airplane mechanic, etc) than there are in the other Nigerian tribes. In employment, more Igbos are unemployed and unemployable than the other tribes because Igbo employers are quite unwilling to employ other Igbos, and when they do employ, their Igbo employees would be robbing the business owner or doing their own businesses within the master's business.

Do the Igbos get along? No. Igbo States are more likely to be hot-beds (or boiling pots)of dissent, with strings of Ngiges, Ubas, and Rochas, Chimes vying for power in the midst of "esem okwu" (troubles). If you are Igbo Nigerian running for dear life from boko-controlled North, you are more likely to be denied employment in Igboland and asked to go to your state of origin than if you ran to Yorubaland. You are more likely to be robbed, kidnapped, or even killed if you venture into Igbo majority places than if you seek refuge in Igbo minority areas. If you were one of the 72 destitute Igbos in Lagos that Governor babbatunde Fashola deported to Onitsha bridge, other Igbos would most likely ignore you and not come to your aid, or you might end up being a bloated corpse floating in Ezu River. Self hatred, hatred of others and wickedness seem to be the hallmarks of the tribe Hausas refer to as Anyamiris. Igbos are drinking large quantities of Star lager, Heinekens, Extra Stout, palm wine, and burukutu to self-medicate. Igbo men are developing large onyeagba pot bellies that make men appear to be pregnant. More breweries are being built in Igboland and Ndigbo are likely to deaden their frustration through becoming alcoholics rather than they are to nourish their bodies with proper diets and exercise.

No one can compellingly argue against the fact that Ndigbo of Nigeria are a force to be reckoned with. Though Ndiigbo did amazing exploits before Nigeria became the Nigeria it is today, long before the granting of self-governing in 1960, today's Igbos are now as dormant as inactive volcanoes under the seas. Though Ndigbo did achieve tremendous, "forward ever" strides during the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, the happenings among today's Igbos reflect "backward ever" syndrome. Think of the schools and cathedrals the Igbo did construct throughout Nigeria. Do you remember how Igbos provided the early manpower Nigeria needed as she marched towards sovereignty; the teachers, merchants, administrators, health workers, and miners? And if you add the fact that the Igbos have always loved education and are skilled in the accumulation of wealth, you'll begin to appreciate these people's indomitable spirit and adventurism. Indefatigability seems to be a better choice of words. To be indefatigable is to be incapable of being tired out; to be tireless, unflagging, unrelenting, unfaltering, remorseless, tenacious, resolute, inexorable Isn't it true that, all things being equal, some animals are more equal than their neighbors? It seems the Igbos are steadily becoming less equal in a country of 170 million souls.

Money alone cannot give Ndiigbo needed predominance. The question is : how much of Nigeria's money is controlled by Ndigbo? Let's say Igbos control over N930 trillion. A trillion (or a million million) is 1 followed by 12 zeros. A trillion is 1,000,000,000,000 to be exact. It's fair to wager that Nigeria would not be Nigeria without "ego Ndigbo" (Igbo wealth). My former student Dr. O wasn't impressed when I attempted to amaze him with a breathtaking estimate of Igbo wealth from the internet; it fell off his brain like water rolls off the back of a thickly feathered duck. Igbo investments are" hugomongous": not less than N600 trillion in Abuja; N10 trillion in Kano and Kaduna each; N5 trillion in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa States each; N15 trillion in Plateau State; and there is no Nigerian state where Igbo investments do not exceed 5trillion.

Read: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria It is said that no Nigerian State or town can survive without Igbo economic contribution. What does it mean in terms of nsopulu (respect) and ako na uche (commonsense)?

Granted Igbos have so much Naira it comes out of their ears and mouths. The question is: what have they done with all that money? Economic power without political power to accompany it is as good as soup without salt. In conclusion, in order to overcome feelings of marginalization or of falling behind the Ndigbo must prioritize goals in the order of significance. Time is running out. School should take greater priority in Ndiigbo scheme of things than emphasis primarily on trading and acquiring naked cash. Child development should include training in self-respect, respect of others, working in unity, humility, honesty, and unselfishness. Education should focus on scientific and technical education aimed at full employment of the youth. Strengthening Igbo families would have the advantages of preventing crimes and violence as well as creating a secure environment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by domopps(m): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmmmm! Masterpiece

Coming back later 2 comment! Off to work

Cheeers
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by PassingShot(m): 8:11am On Apr 13, 2015
Reading .....
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Mrbigman1(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Nna,
Please dnt just bring this to Nairaland, take it to newsletter, local magazines in the east and wia well meaning igbos would read and get some ideas, make it penetrative to even the unborn so we'd know the wake up call this election period gave us and let's not miss it.

Am writing and we shouldn't just make it die down bro.
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by igahdavid(m): 8:50am On Apr 13, 2015
Good write up
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Amazo: 9:01am On Apr 13, 2015
bogzyboy:
My former student and I had a heated discussion over "Why are we Igbos falling behind in Nigeria?" Dr. O and I are Igbos of Anambra origin and have had the knack of bantering over the progress of our people. This time, Dr. O disputed every argument I presented since he believes Igbos in Nigeria and abroad are faring rather poorly in every aspect of human endeavor.

ME: "What of Igbo progress in education?

DR. O: "No, Igbos are making no strides. In fact, they are regressing educationally".

ME: "Don't Igbos have money?"

DR. O: "Not at all. Their money is useless without doing anything for their community. They build castles in Northern Nigeria and then are chased away while their home states remain largely undeveloped."

"What else?" I asked in desperation.

Dr. O: "Nothing else, Doc, You see, Igbos may end up being the underclass in Nigeria as they are hated by all the other tribes ".

He went on to discuss the exploding numbers of non-Igbo (Yoruba and Hausa) physicians, engineers, scientists, mathematicians, bankers, politicians, billionaires, and manufacturers scattered in Nigeria all over the world. Throwing my hands up in desperation, I asked my assailant: "Do you know that without Ndiigbo pioneers, Nigeria would not be where we now are educationally?" I repeated the question much to Dr. O's amusement. He thought I should know better than that. I am tempted to concluded that Ndigbo are falling behind because they are not interested in helping others and all this is happening while Igbos are neglecting some important personality issues that might be stunting their progress. That happens when Igbos are so busy chasing after "toro na afu" (pennies), just as the old proverb used to say "penny wise pound foolish".

Many Igbo professors I have known to be working at various American institutions of higher education have recently been dismissed before attaining tenured positions of full professorships. But there are scores of Yoruba Deans, Vice presidents, Vice Chancellors, and Provosts. I called two Yoruba men I know, a Vice President on the east coast and Associate Vice Chancellor at a large community college system on the west coast to ask "What are you doing right that the Igbos are doing wrong?" More Yoruba professors and professionals in the USA appear to be quieter, less troublesome, and get along better with spouses, colleagues, and the Americans in general. Some Igbo professionals appear to be louder, more quarrelsome and argumentative, more ostentatious, self- aggrandizing, and showy when displaying material stuffs like vehicles and houses. One Igbo Department Chairman had the habit of arguing with his university President at staff meetings until he was replaced with another mathematician. One Igbo physician had the engine of his Rolls-Royce running on display outside his office while attending to his patients. This doctor was more interested in acquiring best automobiles than in providing best patient care. He had to quit his practice in America and move to Nigeria when old patients moved away and new ones weren't forthcoming.

On US college campuses, Nigerian professors tend to look down on students, comparing them to Nigerian students they had taught much to the annoyance of faculty and staff. Though Nigerian professors are considered to be very intelligent, the Igbos tend to be held to lower esteem than the non-Igbos due to personality issues, including infighting. I saw this happen to three Igbo young men who obtained their PhD's from the same university in the same discipline and taught at the same university. They were from Enugu, Imo, and Anambra States and got on well in graduate for four years, often entertaining white faculty at their Nigerian parties to which they invited their white professors and other Nigerians. Trouble started after the Imo man graduated first and was hired as Department Chairman of a State school, and he hired the other two as Assistant Professors. The first two years of working together were fine until hell broke loose in the third year. The chairman turned autocratic, becoming openly confrontational, and being accused of bearing tales to the Dean to engineer dissent among the Department employees and have his friends fired. "Watch out," he told the Americans, "these Africans may take over the Department." He was right because the Nigerians were plotting to hire other Nigerian professors to form the majority and gain promotions and tenures through each other's recommendations A bitter war ensued, culminating in the Chairman's inability to function and eventual resignation. When I tried to mediate since I knew all three of these Igbo men, the Anambra man warned me to keep out. What happened was the Enugu professor relocated to Florida after former Chairman from Imo escaped to a quieter Texas city, leaving the lone Anambra professor to figure out the cause of bickering. I told him he was the fool and chief instigator of palaver.

Incidentally, I am tempted to initiate a blithering indictment of NdiIgbo and their leadership at home and abroad as cause of why Igbos are falling behind . Igbos do not get along in any organization. Bitter infightings are the order of the day. Petty jealousies, love of money and obsession with chieftaincy titles add up to render Ndigbo further disunited. We condemn the Igbo governors for failure to take care of the rest of us at the difficult times in our history as the Yorubas and Hausas have done for their people. We denounce Igbo parents and elders for over-emphasizing the pursuit of money over and above respect, education, and igwebuike (community unity) as instruments for Igbo nation-building. We accuse Igbo religious leadership of its unfaithfulness in abandoning their calling and prostituting (being akwunakwuna) after prosperity. We condemn Ndigbo in general for their excessive pursuit of "ebe onye si bia" (where one comes from). Ndiigbo have excessive clannishness (Abiasm, Enuguism, Imoisn, Anambraism, Ebonyism). We fault Igbo people in general for their abandonment of technical education that generates employment, and we condemn Igbos for their fixating on excessive use of defeat in Biafran War as unwarranted excuse for developing the inability to form relationships across tribal boundaries and for being lazy and remaining in deep stupor, trance, coma, daze, state of unconsciousness.

Having said this, why are Ndiigbo falling behind In Nigeria and in the United States? Are the Igbos discouraged in their circumstances? Are they brow-beaten as a result of losing the Biafran War? What is the cause of their feelings of being trapped, downtrodden, subjugated, broken, oppressed, demoralized, or exploited? Can we trace the demoralization of Ndiigbo to post traumatic syndrome (PTS) suffered from defeat, or atrocities of Biafran War? It is safe to believe the Igbos didn't suffer a defeat in war; they simply gained the opportunity to regroup, rethink, re-strategize, and return stronger and more resilient. Igbos have always bounced back. There is nothing shameful about falling down from time to time; but it is discreditable to remain on the ground after a fall. Isn't what seems to keep us Igbos down for 44 years since the Biafran War ended is that we are not united? Are we Igbos less likely to lift both ourselves and each other up after a fall? Are we carrying unnecessary baggages consisting of guilt, "mmegbu" (oppression); "anya ufu" (jealousy), "anya ukwu" (greed), and "obi –ojoo" (bitterness)?Let's look at some of our glaring problems.

In education, fewer Igbo children and adults are going to schools than they once did, than the Yorubas. More Igbos are interested in making money and dreaming of becoming billionaire Dangote or politician President Goodluck than they are in acquiring education for the love of it. More Yorubas are acquiring higher education to the PhD level than the Igbos. There are fewer Igbos in SEM (science, engineering, and mathematics) and technology (plumbing, air conditioning, airplane mechanic, etc) than there are in the other Nigerian tribes. In employment, more Igbos are unemployed and unemployable than the other tribes because Igbo employers are quite unwilling to employ other Igbos, and when they do employ, their Igbo employees would be robbing the business owner or doing their own businesses within the master's business.

Do the Igbos get along? No. Igbo States are more likely to be hot-beds (or boiling pots)of dissent, with strings of Ngiges, Ubas, and Rochas, Chimes vying for power in the midst of "esem okwu" (troubles). If you are Igbo Nigerian running for dear life from boko-controlled North, you are more likely to be denied employment in Igboland and asked to go to your state of origin than if you ran to Yorubaland. You are more likely to be robbed, kidnapped, or even killed if you venture into Igbo majority places than if you seek refuge in Igbo minority areas. If you were one of the 72 destitute Igbos in Lagos that Governor babbatunde Fashola deported to Onitsha bridge, other Igbos would most likely ignore you and not come to your aid, or you might end up being a bloated corpse floating in Ezu River. Self hatred, hatred of others and wickedness seem to be the hallmarks of the tribe Hausas refer to as Anyamiris. Igbos are drinking large quantities of Star lager, Heinekens, Extra Stout, palm wine, and burukutu to self-medicate. Igbo men are developing large onyeagba pot bellies that make men appear to be pregnant. More breweries are being built in Igboland and Ndigbo are likely to deaden their frustration through becoming alcoholics rather than they are to nourish their bodies with proper diets and exercise.

No one can compellingly argue against the fact that Ndigbo of Nigeria are a force to be reckoned with. Though Ndiigbo did amazing exploits before Nigeria became the Nigeria it is today, long before the granting of self-governing in 1960, today's Igbos are now as dormant as inactive volcanoes under the seas. Though Ndigbo did achieve tremendous, "forward ever" strides during the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's, the happenings among today's Igbos reflect "backward ever" syndrome. Think of the schools and cathedrals the Igbo did construct throughout Nigeria. Do you remember how Igbos provided the early manpower Nigeria needed as she marched towards sovereignty; the teachers, merchants, administrators, health workers, and miners? And if you add the fact that the Igbos have always loved education and are skilled in the accumulation of wealth, you'll begin to appreciate these people's indomitable spirit and adventurism. Indefatigability seems to be a better choice of words. To be indefatigable is to be incapable of being tired out; to be tireless, unflagging, unrelenting, unfaltering, remorseless, tenacious, resolute, inexorable Isn't it true that, all things being equal, some animals are more equal than their neighbors? It seems the Igbos are steadily becoming less equal in a country of 170 million souls.

Money alone cannot give Ndiigbo needed predominance. The question is : how much of Nigeria's money is controlled by Ndigbo? Let's say Igbos control over N930 trillion. A trillion (or a million million) is 1 followed by 12 zeros. A trillion is 1,000,000,000,000 to be exact. It's fair to wager that Nigeria would not be Nigeria without "ego Ndigbo" (Igbo wealth). My former student Dr. O wasn't impressed when I attempted to amaze him with a breathtaking estimate of Igbo wealth from the internet; it fell off his brain like water rolls off the back of a thickly feathered duck. Igbo investments are" hugomongous": not less than N600 trillion in Abuja; N10 trillion in Kano and Kaduna each; N5 trillion in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa States each; N15 trillion in Plateau State; and there is no Nigerian state where Igbo investments do not exceed 5trillion.

Read: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria It is said that no Nigerian State or town can survive without Igbo economic contribution. What does it mean in terms of nsopulu (respect) and ako na uche (commonsense)?

Granted Igbos have so much Naira it comes out of their ears and mouths. The question is: what have they done with all that money? Economic power without political power to accompany it is as good as soup without salt. In conclusion, in order to overcome feelings of marginalization or of falling behind the Ndigbo must prioritize goals in the order of significance. Time is running out. School should take greater priority in Ndiigbo scheme of things than emphasis primarily on trading and acquiring naked cash. Child development should include training in self-respect, respect of others, working in unity, humility, honesty, and unselfishness. Education should focus on scientific and technical education aimed at full employment of the youth. Strengthening Igbo families would have the advantages of preventing crimes and violence as well as creating a secure environment.

Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Super1Star: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
This is a fair soul searching write up.

It says it all
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by trunaija: 9:34am On Apr 13, 2015
Been a long time I read such a thoughtful, insightful, objective piece like this on this forum. I call this a breather, a home truth. I wish my brothers will take a cue from this.
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Jokay07(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2015
Every mallam with his own kettle. That's their ow problem and it doesn't mean that the yorubas, ijaws or hausas are better than them. Every tribe get his own problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2015
That is why we are calling on our people all over Nigeria to start thinking Eastwards. The mistake we made was to fall for the shout of One Nigeria but the just concluded elections have shown us otherwise, not because the man we supported lost but because of the comments emanating from the elections. I smh. embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Sloan: 10:11am On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmmm reading ...
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by kurupt1: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2015
My brother I agree with you that the ibos could be showy and loud but that does not justify the reason why the ibos should be hated by the rest of nigerians.every tribe has their shortcomings too;the yorubas could be equally loud and showy, however are they hated like the ibos?in my humble opinion I think its the value the ibos put on money and power( whether political or maybe via recognition) above any other thing that is causing them a lot of harm.the endless pursuit of these things lead to sabotage,jealousy and hatred.however from an unbiased point of view i think this particular traits are a more common among the anambra people where you have the wealthy businessmen and traders.
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 13, 2015
May disaster and misfortune befall you in trillion folds for this crap you dump here

kurupt1:
My brother I agree with you that the ibos could be showy and loud but that does not justify the reason why the ibos should be hated by the rest of nigerians.every tribe has their shortcomings too;the yorubas could be equally loud and showy, however are they hated like the ibos?in my humble opinion I think its the value the ibos put on money and power( whether political or maybe via recognition) above any other thing that is causing them a lot of harm.the endless pursuit of these things lead to sabotage,jealousy and hatred.however from an unbiased point of view i think this particular traits are a more common among the anambra people where you have the wealthy businessmen and traders.
Re: Why Are Igbos Falling Behind In Nigeria? -james Agazie Ed D by kurupt1: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2015
BuddahMonk:
May disaster and misfortune befall you in trillion folds for this crap you dump here
why are you wishing me bad?.well,who God has blessed......... I guess people just can't handle the bitter truth.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Maclatunji And Ngwakwe? / UPDATED North Taking Over All Positions SW Betrayed Southern Alliance / Important Observation: What A Nairalander Saw With Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.