Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (5213 Views)

Why We Won’t Reverse Power Privatisation – FG / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by rabbuy(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2015
IbnSultaan:
The chairman, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory
Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi, has
said that there is the possibility that the
incoming government of General
Muhammadu Buhari can undo the
privatisation of the power sector.

leadership.ng/news/425400/buhari-can-cancel-power-privatisation-nerc-boss

What's your take on this?
the better... You guys are not working @ all and @ month's end y'all charge like you've given light the whole year round.. So buhari now that ure there... Sack 'em all make it government poo again...
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2015
mtchris:
Since power was privatized, my phone's battery would remain 1% but i wouldn't worry 'cause i know there's light. Tho it's not that it doesn't go off sometimes but it can go off for 20mins unless there was a general fault. So Buhari should go sit down for gutter
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by rabbuy(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:
So, does 'undo' mean FG will refund the money paid by the investors?

. If ther are lucky..m investment hazard... They'll pay. Em some thing tho... All I want is for em to scrap em out they Aint WORKING
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2015
rabbuy:
. If ther are lucky..m investment hazard... They'll pay. Em some thing tho... All I want is for em to scrap em out they Aint WORKING
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by shigoslim(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2015
Inoder to have a sanitize economy then nigerian should get ready to pay the price.
We can have a steady and vibrant economy when we inculcate the habit of privatization. Every sector of our economy must be privatize, including education. And Nigeria government should get ready to render necessary service to individual private body.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 13, 2015
PapaBrowne:
Osibanjo supports the privatization. He said APC believes in the privatization.

To reverse the privatization would be terrible cos its proven beyond reasonable doubt that government cannot successfully run enterprises.
However it wouldn't be bad to revoke the licenses of the companies failing to meet the privatization agreement terms. Largely, the failures are a function of either poor experience from the license holders or lack of funding. So if the licenses are given to more competent companies, that would be fine.

You made sense.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2015
shigoslim:
Inoder to have a sanitize economy then nigerian should get ready to pay the price.
We can have a steady and vibrant economy when we inculcate the habit of privatization. Every sector of our economy must be privatize, including education. And Nigeria government should get ready to render necessary service to individual private body.

The truth is this, Nigeria isn't a place where the people pay the price and the government keeps to its end of the bargain.

Nigerians have made sacrifices, just like we did when fuel subsidy was removed, after that, how far?

Now its up to the government, sacrifices should start from the top.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by kheart(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2015
It s tax payers money our politicians use to buy Nepa eg namadi sambo
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by annibro(f): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2015
PapaBrowne:

However it wouldn't be bad to revoke the licenses of the companies failing to meet the privatization agreement terms. Largely, the failures are a function of either poor experience from the license holders or lack of funding. So if the licenses are given to more competent companies, that would be fine.

I agree with u. Imagine d likes of individuals who bought dem;
'IBB' bought Shiroro Substation
'Abdulsalami' bot Kainji Substation
'Otedola' bot Egbin Substation
GEJ still gave dem loan greater dan wat it was sold 4 frm Nigeria's money 2 fix ds items.
None of dem bot it 2 fix our power problem but just 2 crumble dem & promote d sales of Milkano, a product dey all have major stake in.
Now tell me why GMB will not revoke dis licenses.

GMB! Carry go! Revoke their licences, ban d use of generators in our country so dat Nepa can work.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by moski5(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
PapaBrowne:

To reverse the privatization would be terrible cos its proven beyond reasonable doubt that government cannot successfully run enterprises.

if the current system of government operations is overhauled govt can run enterprises successfuly
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by annibro(f): 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
galadima77:

seems they got it wrong wit power sector...

in minna now its darkness galore... one of mamy reasons pdp failed here

How can there be lite in minna wen Shiroro Substation was bought by IBB? Imagine Shiroro road in minna where there is hardly black out over the years is now experiencing darkness anyhow.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fyneguy: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Government is going to decentralize Transmission and encourage modular IPPs. Many operators will exist in states. Some will just handle local government areas. Hence, the existing discos will have to sell part of the stakes to other operators.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by omolami: 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
BY D GRACE OF GOD THERE WILL BE REVOLUTION IF HE DOES. ALL THE PERIODS NEPA EXISTED NO ONE GETS LIGHT. TRYING TO REVERSE PRIVATISATION THAT IS PRODUCING REASONABLE POWER WILL BE DENSER VICE AND MUST BE RESISTED BY NIGERIANS. ALL OVER THE POWER IS PRIVATISED..BERIMBUGA MAN TRUING TO TAKE US TO DARK DAYS
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Xano(m): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:

He won't revert it. The funds investors put into it is massive. There will bd Regulatory body to supervise the implimentation of the terms and conditions of the agreement.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Xano(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
annibro:

How can there be lite in minna wen Shiroro Substation was bought by IBB? Imagine Shiroro road in minna where there is hardly black out over the years is now experiencing darkness anyhow.
the Shiroro SubStation issue is unfortunate. Necessary pressure should be on stakeholders to fulfill the agreement, so the SubStation could be at its operational capacity.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by shaddoww: 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:

mayb dey didn't even pay anything into d government acct yet, don't forget dat cbn had to give dem some billions to assist dem
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Xano(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
annibro:

I agree with u. Imagine d likes of individuals who bought dem;
'IBB' bought Shiroro Substation
'Abdulsalami' bot Kainji Substation
'Otedola' bot Egbin Substation
GEJ still gave dem loan greater dan wat it was sold 4 frm Nigeria's money 2 fix ds items.
None of dem bot it 2 fix our power problem but just 2 crumble dem & promote d sales of Milkano, a product dey all have major stake in.
Now tell me why GMB will not revoke dis licenses.

GMB! Carry go! Revoke their licences, ban d use of generators in our country so dat Nepa can work.
There are people the President or any elected(appointed) official can't revoke their contract agreement. People shout corruption, but these people, it cannot happen. Friends of them,not Regulatory Body can help convince them of their benefits.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by oluspencer(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
blackrules1:

e no concern me all i need is constant power supply and cheap rate.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Franzeez:

Every dime will be returned
na military govt?
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
fyneguy:
Government is going to decentralize Transmission and encourage modular IPPs. Many operators will exist in states. Some will just handle local government areas. Hence, the existing discos will have to sell part of the stakes to other operators.
that is what is on ground now.Power has been due centralized to the states!
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by humberjade: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Abdulsalam Abubakar is one of those who invested in the Power Sector, and I doubt if the license issued to him will be revoked.

I just hope Buhari carries out his constitutional duties without fear or favour.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by sammyj: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Which money. How much have they generated compared to the chicken change the equipment was sold for.
refreshrate:

Exactly what was going through my mind
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by onoerime: 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
How long will it take those private companies to yeild optimum effiency? The money I have spent on my generator buying fuel is beyond imagination. If he finds it necessary to revoke those licences, let him do so. I think the best bet is to allow state to generate their electricity

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by blackfase(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
It should b cancelled, or at worst terms renegotiated or/ and ultimums given. While I acknowledge it has benefitted some people/ places, its effect has been terribly pathetic in most. It is safe to assume d beneficiaries are either incompetent, unprepared for d colossal rot in the sector or just after the quick bucks they were hoping it'l spin for them in d short term.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fyneguy: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
baralatie:

that is what is on ground now.Power has been due centralized to the states!
No sir. Transmission is not decentralized. The present model is long term. The short term solution is to allow companies provide modular generation, short-haul transmission, and distribution services, so long as they have the capacity to do so.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by denziz: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
So, part of this incoming illiterate government strategy is to use arms-chair journalist to send bits of information to the media to stoke our feelings and explain how governance should be done ? I am here, and I will not say anything until they do "kpim" in the wrong direction.

Buhari MUST provide me with 247 electricity within 3 months, he promised.

Buhari MUST stabilize the price of crude oil, he promised.

Buhari MUST provide a square meal of balanced diet to all school kids, he promised.

Buhari MUST equate 1Naira to 1dollar, he promised.

Buhari MUST fight corruption, (starting from Tinubu), he promised.

Buhari MUST pay post-NYSC members minimum wage for 1 year, he promised.

When Buhari does all these, I will be super-excited to call him, my Hero.

But for now, he remains the most illiterate President in the 21st century worldwide. He remained the man who was voted into power by the army of illiterate tribalistic gingoist powered by the Lord of Fraud of Bourdillon and driven by the Bi-Sexual looking Amaechi.

Freedom of Speech, what a sweet delight. Thanks to GEJ for FOI Bill.
Haters,go and die.Join your fellow men in the lagoon party that's currently going on.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
fyneguy:

No sir. Transmission is not decentralized. The present model is long term. The short term solution is to allow companies provide modular generation, short-haul transmission, and distribution services, so long as they have the capacity to do so.
yoga! you are going in circles!
the present modality on ground is that power generation and transmission has and has been decentralized to the states and private investor firms.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
So, part of this incoming illiterate government strategy is to use arms-chair journalist to send bits of information to the media to stoke our feelings and explain how governance should be done ? I am here, and I will not say anything until they do "kpim" in the wrong direction.

Buhari MUST provide me with 247 electricity within 3 months, he promised.

Buhari MUST stabilize the price of crude oil, he promised.

Buhari MUST provide a square meal of balanced diet to all school kids, he promised.

Buhari MUST equate 1Naira to 1dollar, he promised.

Buhari MUST fight corruption, (starting from Tinubu), he promised.

Buhari MUST pay post-NYSC members minimum wage for 1 year, he promised.

When Buhari does all these, I will be super-excited to call him, my Hero.

But for now, he remains the most illiterate President in the 21st century worldwide. He remained the man who was voted into power by the army of illiterate tribalistic gingoist powered by the Lord of Fraud of Bourdillon and driven by the Bi-Sexual looking Amaechi.

Freedom of Speech, what a sweet delight. Thanks to GEJ for FOI Bill.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fyneguy: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
baralatie:

yoga! you are going in circles!
the present modality on ground is that power generation and transmission has and has been decentralized to the states and private investor firms.

Are you in the Power sector? I'm not sure you understand what decentralization means. The transmission infrastructure nationwide still belongs to the FG. All generated power must go through the National Grid before before being passed to the Distribution Companies.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
fyneguy:

Are you in the Power sector? I'm not sure you understand what decentralization means. The transmission infrastructure nationwide still belongs to the FG. All generated power must go through the National Grid before before being passed to the Distribution Companies.
nope!
the first thing that was done was to decentralize power generation with enabling act.it allowed the sale of the power stations to private and state interests
2.another law was signed for the construction of new power plants by private firms alongside state interests in which they chose to operate
3.the fg now removed the control of power distribution from govt to a controlling and regulating body which consists of the private firms and state interests.
it was not an easy job but the govt was able to make a break thorough.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fyneguy: 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
baralatie:

nope!
the first thing that was done was to decentralize power generation with enabling act.it allowed the sale of the power stations to private and state interests
2.another law was signed for the construction of new power plants by private firms alongside state interests in which they chose to operate
3.the fg now removed the control of power distribution from govt to a controlling and regulating body which consists of the private firms and state interests.
it was not an easy job but the govt was able to make a break thorough.

You only talked about Generation and Distribution. Transmission links Generation to Distribution. For now, Transmission is not yet decentralized which is hampering power supply. The transmission infrastructure is grossly inadequate. Even if you generate 1Billion MW of electricity, we do not have enough transmission network to supply distribution.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
fyneguy:

You only talked about Generation and Distribution. Transmission links Generation to Distribution. For now, Transmission is not yet decentralized which is hampering power supply. The transmission infrastructure is grossly inadequate. Even if you generate 1Billion MW of electricity, we do not have enough transmission network to supply distribution.
lol!!
I guess you are not aware of the transmission body as. well
it is true though! the transmission agency complained of enough adequate staff to man the network.and they are beguile with incessant destruction of built facilities(major problem)
but these people should stop sabotaging this facilities that are sure been built!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Is The Leader Who Is Funding Criminality In Lagos State -Mc Oluomo Thug / PMB Directs MDAs To Study NIPSS Report On Policy Design, Implementation / See How Egypt Is Breaking Barriers And Setting The Pace For Africa. Wonders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.