Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (5209 Views)

Why We Won’t Reverse Power Privatisation – FG / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
I am afraid it is only jokers and the AGIP pals of GEJ who "won" bids for Nigeria's power assets who will be foolish enough to think Buhari will abide with a fraudulent contraption that can never solve Nigeria's power woes because, in the first place, it was the most blatant and shockingly dishonest example of crony capitalism and daylight robbery packaged as "power privatisation". How will Buhari condone a scheme that charges Nigerians more money yet delivers only worsening darkness in return?

Nigerians should bear in mind that the first thing Yar Adua did, after being sworn in, was to cancel the non-transparent "privatisation" sales of our refineries to pals of OBJ like Otedola et al. That was another example of crony capitalism that would not have delievered the desired result which is the optimal refining of Nigeria's crude endowment within Nigeria. Buhari will order an investigative committee to look into the Power "privatisation" scheme of the GEJ government with the only conclusion that can be reached being that the whole thing is scam incapable of ever delivering. The 419 scheme GEJ packaged together must thus be suspended to be replaced by genuine privatisation, as Fashola and Amaechi hankered for, that will enable serious States have a say in devising their own solutions in a a genuine pro-people arrangement that will feature established, efficient and respected players in the power sector.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by fyneguy: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
baralatie:

lol!!
I guess you are not aware of the transmission body as. well
it is true though! the transmission agency complained of enough adequate staff to man the network.and they are beguile with incessant destruction of built facilities(major problem)
but these people should stop sabotaging this facilities that are sure been built!

Oga, Transco is owned by the FG but outsourced its management to a Canadian firm.
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by baralatie(m): 8:24am On Apr 14, 2015
fyneguy:

Oga, Transco is owned by the FG but outsourced its management to a Canadian firm.
hmmm!again not true!
Re: Buhari Can Cancel Power Privatisation – Nerc Boss by Hope15: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2015
PassingShot:
The NERC boss only said "Buhari can" and not "Buhari will".

For me, whatever the new administration deems fit to achieve desired results is welcome.

The NERC Boss is actually shouting out and stylishly suggesting to the GMB. He actually meant "Buhari should"! Everybody is tired of corruption. The NERC guy appreciates the "fraud" in that privatization......and won't mind the exercise reversed.

Dr. Sam! Don't worry. I'm assuring you we'll review the exercise, but I'm not promising you outright reversal... (in GMB's voice)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo's Found To Be True Jews / , / Investigation Tribunal For Collapsed Ikoyi Building To Submit Report In 4 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.