Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (35805 Views)

Kogi Supplementary Election Results / INEC Fixes Imo Supplementary Election For April 25 / APC Claims Victory In Presidential Election Ahead Of Inec’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by ElFenomeno1: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Okorocha is a better politician than Ihedioha. Ihedioha should concede defeat like his weak boss GEJ.

Not just a better politician, a better leader as well.

Okorocha will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Lakeshizu(m): 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Why is INEC wasting tax payers money on a supplementary election that is not needed? The total number of people going to participate in this supplementary is less than 79,000, a margin Okorocha is currently winning with. WHy base their supplementary on registered voters when less than 50% of those registered voters had their PVC?

This beats logic: but ROchas should go ahead and humor them. Let them organize election for less than 79,000 people when he is leading by more than that margin: he should even encourage all his supporters to desist from voting; let PDP have all the votes from the supplementary and still lose.
Mazi long time o.....where have you been hiding? Any lastest Write ups
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Mutab4u(m): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
truefact:

Only visionary because he is betraying his people... Just as you lots always do.. . . Bunch of betrayals
betraying his people as how?.just because he is in APC

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by waternogetemeny: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
[size=14pt]If Rochas is Ndiigbo only hope of Presidency, then we dont want the Presidency, let the HausaFulani continue to rule us.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by PointB: 1:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
waternogetemeny:

If a gun is fired at Rochas, he wont die abi?

No way Rochas is claiming Imo State, election remains inconclusive and will be held in those areas the result was cancel.

It is not over, not by a long shot

Rochas is not the problem.

I don't think Ihedioha or Iheanacho will do better than him, I think they will actually do worse.

What did Ihedioha achieve in the NA (as deputy speaker) or Iheanacho while in Interior Ministry? These men have no pedigree; I actually prefer Rochas to them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by bigtt76(f): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
grin crase man lol
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
Drenix:
My people,my people... I think our governor deserves 2 rule imo state again. He has done so much 4 our state(imo). Ihedioha wud take us bak 2 d prison. God bles imo state! God bles Nigeria!! God bless Africa........

Please can you mention governor okorocha's achievements? Roundabout I guess. What has this man done for Imo people, rather he inflicted poverty on imo people, got imo state indebted and enriching his family and his in laws. I don't want to keep remembering his sins.

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by olalat(m): 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
I'm very, very sorry to say this, but I must just pour out my mind irrespective of how tribalistic my comment may look. Igbo people are making century wrong political calculation. Reason: everybody should understand that power must shift back to the south after Buhari Administration and we know that its only southeast region that had never produced President in the country. There comes the person with national appeal that hold the savy, without being tagged tribal lord, okorocha stands tall among others but these people will just hate without rational thinking. I think they should rally round this man now or be shouting of self inflicted marginalization later. They always fall victims of their actions. History beckons. Bashing allowed and welcome. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by ceejayluv(m): 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
PointB:

The UBE does not cover tertiary education, unlike Rochas 'free eduation.' Can you say he did 'justice' his promised free tertiary education? The policy was not properly thought through, poor articulated, and haphazardly implemented.

I prefer a thinking leader for Imo State, Rochas is not one. I doubt if Iheanacho or Ihedioha are either.

Iheanocho of course has his military background, while Ihedioha, just like Rochas, is more or less a career politician. All poor choices.

Someone in the mold of Peter Obi or Akpabio is what Imo State need. I'll even settle for Willie Obiano.

Look like we are stuck with Rochas for another four years! cry cry
In terms of infrastructure, what do you have to say?
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Collynzo9: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Mynd44:
If the number of registered voters is 144,000, he leads by 79,000 votes..that's grounds for it being inconclusive

But if the number of PVCs collected is not up to 79,000, that is a victory but so as not to disenfranchise people, they must vote but he still wins
Mynd44:
If the number of registered voters is 144,000, he leads by 79,000 votes..that's grounds for it being inconclusive

But if the number of PVCs collected is not up to 79,000, that is a victory but so as not to disenfranchise people, they must vote but he still wins
If you read carefully, you will see that Rochas wasn't sure of what he said, he only made an assumption.
Unfortunately, he didn't consider the fact that Imo state had a 96% PVC collection rate!
Anyway he'll still win, but INEC did the right thing.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
omaiyale:
SECONDED

This clearly shows the Presidential election was rigged
lol grin grin grin grin grin Bros you really expected Buhari to win in imo? Are you for real?
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by MASCOTECH: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Has Okorocha confirmed the number of people with PVC in those areas ? We cant work with assumptions.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by PointB: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
ceejayluv:

In terms of infrastructure, what do you have to say?

Infrastructure and Industry is what Imo State badly need, and that's why I gave example of Peter Obi, Akpabio and Willie.

Rochas didn't do much, even though the state allocation is not much, but I believe he could have done better. And I still think he's a better choice than Ihedioha and Iheanacho!
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by waternogetemeny: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
PointB:

Rochas is not the problem.

I don't think Ihedioha or Iheanacho will do better than him, I think they will actually do worse.

What did Ihedioha achieve in the NA (as deputy speaker) or Iheanacho while in Interior Ministry? These men have no pedigree; I actually prefer Rochas to them!

Rochas membership of APC have served its purpose and any extension is over-staying and unproductive.

Let Buhari carry him along like Amaechi and Ngige and let us see if Buhari will not re contest in 2019 and hand over power to a fellow Northerner in 2023.(guaranteed) if he does not Die in office that is.

We need for our region and the south south to wear a uniform look ahead of 2019.

Political Strategising ahead of time, I use to support Rochas but he has now served his purpose.

Rochas should go already.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Collynzo9: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Why is INEC wasting tax payers money on a supplementary election that is not needed? The total number of people going to participate in this supplementary is less than 79,000, a margin Okorocha is currently winning with. WHy base their supplementary on registered voters when less than 50% of those registered voters had their PVC?

This beats logic: but ROchas should go ahead and humor them. Let them organize election for less than 79,000 people when he is leading by more than that margin: he should even encourage all his supporters to desist from voting; let PDP have all the votes from the supplementary and still lose.
I don't know why you guys took what Okorocha said as fact, the tone of his statement showed that he was only making an assumption.
Imo state had a 96% PVC collection rate, I don't think that of the concerned areas will be much lower than the state average!
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by NZEGWUAGU(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
@phillips70. For a truth Buhari did not win that election. Jonathan just allowed him to come in and disgrace himself so that he can go home with his terror boys permanently. It's obvious that Jega rigged the elections massively in favour of APC what with the skewed PVC distribution, the obviously programmed -to-fail card readers deployed to the SE/SS and the funny figures from Kano, Jigawa, Katsina and Kaduna states occasioned by massive under-aged voting and total abandonment of the use of card readers for accreditation. What Jega did wasn't hidden and I know his conscience if he has one will haunt him till his last day on earth for betraying a man who changed his life for better forever.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Collynzo9: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Okorocha's argument is very spot on.

It is the number of PVC's collected that should be considered in arriving at a decision on whether a rerun is required in the affected LG or not.

If PVC's collected is less than the gap between him and Iheodia, there is no point in wasting resources for another election there.

Even by considering the registered voters, you do not expect a 70% turnout on election date and it is also save to say that Okorocha will get at least 50% of the votes in the LG affected since it is his stronghold area.

No how you spin this, APC's Okorocha has won this election.
Okorocha will win, but INEC is right.
The state's average PVC collections is 96% so I don't see the PVC collection rate of those areas being lower than 80%. The issue of turn up is just mere guess work, they cannot use that to make a decision.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by unbrandedcosy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
truefact:

Only visionary because he is betraying his people... Just as you lots always do.. . . Bunch of betrayals
What is betray here? He is trying to us Light together with Ngige and Onu but we refused to see it. Me and my entire family are for APC. I'm igbo but I don't play tribal or religious politics.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Jesusloveyou: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Bexson:
Are the terrorists Northerners or Southerners?
believe it or not,gej sponsor d terrorist from chad,with d connection of modu sheriff and members of gej cabinet.put on ur thinking cap,after bombarding gwoza,shekau and chibok girls cannot be found,fake boko haram war in 6wks,thank God,i was not deceive like u,i voted against ogogoro clueless zoologist,sai buhari.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by cocoduck: 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
Raiders:
Sai Owelle. Congratulation to the best Igbo governor.
thunder fire your family and all your relatives you included
if cockroaches is the best person imo can produce then I AM VERY SORRY FOR IMO STATE
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by ceejayluv(m): 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
PointB:

Infrastructure and Industry is what Imo State badly need, and that's why I gave example of Peter Obi, Akpabio and Willie.

Rochas didn't do much, even though the state allocation is not much, but I believe he could have done better. And I still think he's a better choice than Ihedioha and Iheanacho!
Noted. That's constructive.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Firstinline(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
You can't help but just love this man called Rochas Okorocha,

I hope inec do all possible to prevent rigging because i am sure

that Okorocha will win in a fair contest.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by theV0ice: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
jcmaiah:

You are uninformed! What about those states that PDP won in the north that APC won in Presidential. I just hate that level of brainlessness among APC supporters.

Pls stop your misinformation

mention one state in the NORTH that PDP won in Governorship that APC won in the presidential?
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
theV0ice:

Pls stop your misinformation

mention one state in the NORTH that PDP won in Governorship that APC won in the presidential?
Gombe state.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by greensandy: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
truefact:

So you call this betraying his people and what do you call that of agbaje? Hypocrite!
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by theV0ice: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
@phillips70. For a truth Buhari did not win that election. Jonathan just allowed him to come in and disgrace himself so that he can go home with his terror boys permanently. It's obvious that Jega rigged the elections massively in favour of APC what with the skewed PVC distribution, the obviously programmed -to-fail card readers deployed to the SE/SS and the funny figures from Kano, Jigawa, Katsina and Kaduna states occasioned by massive under-aged voting and total abandonment of the use of card readers for accreditation. What Jega did wasn't hidden and I know his conscience if he has one will haunt him till his last day on earth for betraying a man who changed his life for better forever.

Stop lying. let your brother school you here

Collynzo9:
I don't know why you guys took what Okorocha said as fact, the tone of his statement showed that he was only making an assumption.
Imo state had a 96% PVC collection rate, I don't think that of the concerned areas will be much lower than the state average!

even with postponement, how many SW state got up to 80% PVC distribution?
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by theV0ice: 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
jcmaiah:

Gombe state.

ok i admit you got me

apologies

but i hope that is the only state out of 19?
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by greensandy: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
kingarizona1:
Meanwhile at PDP secretariat along okigwe Road owerri... A large Crowd of PDP members are gathering outside, while the prominent members are holding meeting... Sirens moving up and down... Just hope and pray it won't lead to post result violence

Na them sabi
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by greensandy: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
hollandis:
Stupid man wants to destroy and disintegrete igbos,Amadioha crushes him BASTARD

Just come and throw him into the lagoon!
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by greensandy: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
theV0ice:

remember we have magicians in PDP??

Just wait....let's see the witch doctors spin something out wink

edited: Mama Piss in business partnership with Bamanga Tukur and a host of other northerners isn't betrayal but Rochas joining APC is betrayal.

Logic 101 ala Nairaland

Don't mind dem.
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by greensandy: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
condralbede:
The man with 8 months pregnancy has spoken again!!Rochas Ahmed Ibrahim okorocha,don't forget that IMO state is not kastina or Kano state.

Senseless!
Re: Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory by steppin: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
greensandy:

Senseless!
Actually, you're the one who's senseless, cos IMO state is neither Kastina nor Kano.
You see your life now abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Was On Life Support - Fayose Insists (Video) / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo / Why Buhari Must Handle Tompolo With Tact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.