Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,090 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others (1162 Views)

Vanguard's Picture Of Buhari Carrying NLNG, NNPC, Others / Witches Association Backs Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War -vanguard / World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by dsleekman(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
The World Bank has thrown its weight
behind President-elect, Maj. Gen.
Mohammadu Buhari(retd.), to probe the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
over allegations of missing funds.
Speaking during a video conferencing from
Washington to journalists from across
Africa on the release of the bank’s analysis
of issues shaping Africa titled ‘Africa’s Pulse’,
top officials of the bank also lauded
President Goodluck Jonathan for exhibiting
political maturity after his defeat in the
recent presidential election.
Answering questions from journalists,
World Bank’s Chief Economist for Africa, Mr.
Francisco Ferreira, said looking into
financial record of the country, especially
into allegation of corruption at the NNPC,
would check impunity and build public
institutions in the future.
He said, “One norm that has to change is
the norm of impunity. I am from Brazil
myself. So, I am also used to a country
where people could be corrupt and escape
justice. That keeps the people to keep doing
it.
“So the current stand of the government-
elect to look into what happened in the past
hopefully will have consequences for the
future. And those consequences will be that
institutions will be stronger; norms will be
cleaner and people will not have to steal
millions of dollars from Nigerian National
Petroleum Corporation.
“People have alleged in the past that there
had been major corruption scandals there.
If that stops, then that will have very high
returns in terms of the money staying
around to be spent on education, health,
roads and power that the poor people in
Nigeria across the country need.
“So my sense is that it will be good to
promote cleanliness in politics.”
Answering another question on some other
African countries that have elections
between 2015 and 2017, Ferreira said there
was no need to be afraid that the fear of
elections would drive away investments
from the region.

http://www.punchng.com/news/world-bank-backs-buhari-to-probe-nnpc-others/
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by clubone0501: 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
Can't wait
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by OracleMxNelson(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
good
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by kestolove95(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Allison madueke end is near...she will b disgraced

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by kheart(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
O boi AGO (allison Gudluck Okonjo) go dey shit for their pants now
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by Riodiao(m): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
Sports Minister, Dr. Tammy Danagogo reacts to the falsehood being spread by Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Ibim Semenitari

Re: Unleashing terror on Kalabari voters - Amaechi's failed bid to do so in Abonnema

My attention has been drawn to the fact that Governor Amaechi, in his usual style of brazenly subverting truth and creating fictitious scenerios to cover up his crimes, has unleashed his hordes of dogs to deploy his huge propaganda machinery at the expense of Rivers peoples' funds to stand the truth on its head and tarnish my reputation in order to cover up his failed attempt to unleash terror on Abonnema to coerce my kiths and kin to vote the APC. The truth is that Amaechi hired and brought into Abonnema over 100 armed foreign thugs on Thursday night. My people woke up on Friday morning to notice the presence of these fierce looking strange thugs. God gave our youths the presence of mind to come together to go and ask the thugs who they were. This attracted the police and army in the local Government Area. Upon being convinced of the criminally deadly mission of these thugs, the army arrested them with their arms and detained them at the army base for further interrogation. While this was ongoing, many APC stalwarts like Amaechi's Commissioner for Urban Development - Mr Isobo Jack, and the Caretaker Chairman - Mr Fenibo M Jack made several representations and appeals to the army and police to release their thugs. When they failed, a call was put across to the Governor to come to their aid to release their thugs. To our shock and chagrin,in less than an hour,the Governor arrived the police Station and was shamelessly barking orders at the DPO and Army Officers to release his thugs immediately. This show of shame by the Governor right in front of the police station in the full public glare attracted passersby, youths and others who took exception to his dismal conduct and revolted and started booing and cursing him for bringing thugs to destroy our peaceful community. He was thus forced to run out of the police station and out of the community in shame. By the time I heard what was happening and rushed to the station, I only saw him driving off. This forced the youths to insist that the army must mount road block at the community entrance to conduct stop and search to stop arms and foreign thugs from entering our peaceful community. The effort of the army in the stop and search, yielded immense dividends as so many more foreign thugs were arrested with arms , while others turned back and ran away. The said thugs and their arms were taken away and detained at Bori Camp ( the PH Army Base). It is this divine intervention by God and the army that enabled the peaceful atmosphere that pervaded throughout the Saturday elections in Abonnema and frustrated Amaechi from causing his intended mayhem as he did in our neirbouring Buguma community. It is thus surprising that he rather went back to deploy his dogs to make this criminal attempt to kill the truth and tarnish my reputation.
By Tammy Danagogo
Sports Minister/Chairman, National Sports Commission

1 Like

Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by vicope: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Even if they dont back him, I trust the General. NNPC must be cleansed from corruption.
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by jaysniggs: 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
Riodiao:
Sports Minister, Dr. Tammy Danagogo reacts to the falsehood being spread by Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Ibim Semenitari

Re: Unleashing terror on Kalabari voters - Amaechi's failed bid to do so in Abonnema

My attention has been drawn to the fact that Governor Amaechi, in his usual style of brazenly subverting truth and creating fictitious scenerios to cover up his crimes, has unleashed his hordes of dogs to deploy his huge propaganda machinery at the expense of Rivers peoples' funds to stand the truth on its head and tarnish my reputation in order to cover up his failed attempt to unleash terror on Abonnema to coerce my kiths and kin to vote the APC. The truth is that Amaechi hired and brought into Abonnema over 100 armed foreign thugs on Thursday night. My people woke up on Friday morning to notice the presence of these fierce looking strange thugs. God gave our youths the presence of mind to come together to go and ask the thugs who they were. This attracted the police and army in the local Government Area. Upon being convinced of the criminally deadly mission of these thugs, the army arrested them with their arms and detained them at the army base for further interrogation. While this was ongoing, many APC stalwarts like Amaechi's Commissioner for Urban Development - Mr Isobo Jack, and the Caretaker Chairman - Mr Fenibo M Jack made several representations and appeals to the army and police to release their thugs. When they failed, a call was put across to the Governor to come to their aid to release their thugs. To our shock and chagrin,in less than an hour,the Governor arrived the police Station and was shamelessly barking orders at the DPO and Army Officers to release his thugs immediately. This show of shame by the Governor right in front of the police station in the full public glare attracted passersby, youths and others who took exception to his dismal conduct and revolted and started booing and cursing him for bringing thugs to destroy our peaceful community. He was thus forced to run out of the police station and out of the community in shame. By the time I heard what was happening and rushed to the station, I only saw him driving off. This forced the youths to insist that the army must mount road block at the community entrance to conduct stop and search to stop arms and foreign thugs from entering our peaceful community. The effort of the army in the stop and search, yielded immense dividends as so many more foreign thugs were arrested with arms , while others turned back and ran away. The said thugs and their arms were taken away and detained at Bori Camp ( the PH Army Base). It is this divine intervention by God and the army that enabled the peaceful atmosphere that pervaded throughout the Saturday elections in Abonnema and frustrated Amaechi from causing his intended mayhem as he did in our neirbouring Buguma community. It is thus surprising that he rather went back to deploy his dogs to make this criminal attempt to kill the truth and tarnish my reputation.
By Tammy Danagogo
Sports Minister/Chairman, National Sports Commission

Your post and the thread, are they in any way related?
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
KiriKiro full option loading for Corrupt Politicians....

Madueke where art thou...??
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by ki02020(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Some nairalanders will soon start saying the western nations are doing that for their own selfish reasons,like they were the one that asked madueke to act like STEALIN IS NOT CORRUPTION
Re: World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
So it's the World bank that is giving our buhari the backing to probe.
Kai! dis Mallam don fall we hands. He has no balls to initiate until world bank sends him?

I said it.
They won't listen!

(1) (Reply)

Man Trekking Allegedly Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Arrives Abuja Today. / Abia guber: There Will Be Blood Shed if... - Ginger Onwubise spits fire / Letter From Ghandi To Hitler For The Sake Of Humanity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.