Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? (15884 Views)

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / Mosque/Church Or Court/Registry Marriage .... Which One Is Better And Why? / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by alfred123: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2012
white wedding or traditional marriage which one do yo prefere?
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Bawss1(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2012
The traditional wedding, it's a whole lot affordable. smiley
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by ifyalways(f): 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional marriages rock my boat anyday,anytime. kiss kiss

I'm bored at and rarely attend the so-called white weddings.what makes it 'white"?whose culture or identity is that?whats its origin?

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by slimyem: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
no preference.love both!
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by MissyB3(f): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional, court and white wedding. Mr. B had better be prepared.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by likethat(m): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
In my own understanding both are good for the couple.

1. Traditional Wedding Protects the Man interest, even though the man do spend alot of money doing it. In Traditional Wedding the woman did not have any say or belonging in the property of the man.

2. White Wedding Protects the Woman interest, The woman has more right in this type of of marriage.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by eghost247(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
who cares which one just get married

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
can't i just have a simple marriage, i dunno if it should be traditional, or modern, or court, undecided undecided
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by yme1(f): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional wedding does it for me anytime anyday
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by oludashmi(f): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional wedding is the real wedding. Its the type acceptable before God and man cos this is where dowry is paid and both parties are represented.

White wedding (Court): Is binding legally and according to the laws of the land

White wedding (church or mosque): No dowry is paid here, which makes it less than the traditional wedding. This is just to expand the ceremony.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
For me both! Contact us for ur WEDDING MAKE OVER N FACIALS! we also offer MAKE UP TRANNING COURSES! Hurry nw n visit our facebook site, www.facebook.com/charmerlooks
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by emmatok(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
likethat:

In my own understanding both are good for the couple.

1. Traditional Wedding Protects the Man interest, even though the man do spend alot of money doing it. In Traditional Wedding the woman did not have any say or belonging in the property of the man.

2. White Wedding Protects the Woman interest, The woman has more right in this type of of marriage.

Traditional wedding is the main thing, you can go with your wife/hubby when dowry is paid.

White wedding is the useless, and waste of money.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
Dowry is paid in Islamic marriage,without it,the marriage is void.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by bashydemy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional all the way
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Exponental(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
OPTION- C (both)
Make I no fool myself cos na d two dey wait me.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by rukie(f): 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
eghost247:

who cares which one just get married
grin grin grin
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Sholaf(f): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
Both, If you can afford it.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by hbabe(f): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
I prefer traditional wedding. So much display of culture
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Dogberry(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
Don't want to hijack the topic, but I have no clue about these types of wedding. I do know the implications when a court wedding is broken (divorce), but what would be the implication if a traditional wedding is broken? (divorced status too or just separated??) - Is there any legal issue done with a traditional wedding? (Above it is mentioned it has benefits for the man)
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by r231(m): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
all of the above grin grin grin
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Tyche(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional wedding all the way.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Omofranca(f): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
Both! and the beauty of this is that these days, a couple can do the two the same day but if I was really forced to choose it would have to be the traditional one because everywhere in the country a marriage is considered legal once the bride price has been paid - it's so important that it can be done in absentia where the couple is in diaspora.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by FlyboyZee: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional Marriage.

It is the only type of marriage recognized by God in the Bible. I wonder where, when and how Church Wedding became a part of Christianity and Christian doctrines. Folks, read your bibles and don't believe what anybody tells you, they are all false teacings.

1 Like

Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by modavi: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
both
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by swiftycool(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ladies, be careful what u wish for, though traditional weddings are more homely, less expensive and recognised by your locality, it should be noted that

1. It recognises the man as superior to the woman cos she was bought with a price rather than they being partners.
2. It allows polygamy unlike other forms, hence your hubby can always take multiple wives once he feels like and if he mistakenly impregnates ur househelp or any stray slut, he could be forced to marry her by tradition against your will.
3. It allows divorce easily for even very thrival reasons and doesn't mandate any settlement for the woman even if not her fault
4. The man's property still remains his and his family's own and they have the rights under customary laws to kick u out for some unfair reasoins once he dies.
5. Traditional marriages are not recognised in the international community, hence giving the man a right to marry an oyinbo lady outside which becomes the legal one even though u were there for several years.
6. Some of them involve some fetish rituals, libations to gods or fore-fathers, this unknown to many have some very strong spiritual conotations which later come to affect the family in future.

So if you have to choose, b wise or rather top it up with a more protective form
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Freiburger(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
ifyalways:

Traditional marriages rock my boat anyday,anytime. kiss kiss

I'm bored at and rarely attend [b]the so-called white weddings.what makes it 'white"?[/b]whose culture or identity is that?whats its origin?
But it was not the English people who named it white wedding, i'm 99% sure it was an African who used the phrase white wedding for the very first time.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by modavi: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
It is not just about that day, it is not just about 'getting' married but 'staying' married, it is not how ,but how well! hmm,
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by modavi: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
modavi:

It is not just about that day, it is not just about 'getting' married but 'staying' married, it is not how far,but how well! hmm,
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by igbo2011(m): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional. WHen i get married I only want a traditional marriage.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
Any one my hubby-to-be chooses. If he throws the ball into my court; i choose a simple traditional and court wedding. Dowry is being returned now since daughters re not for sale. Who says i cant wear wedding gown for my court wedding which is what church wedding entails.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Freiburger(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
Traditional marriages does not protects the woman's interest, since most African traditions permits polygamy.
Re: White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 21, 2012
AJJ:

Any one my hubby-to-be chooses. I

so we were just having this conversation today (not about our marriage o) . Talking about compromise.

I think in anything, I should get to decide this.

I dont care about white weddings, tbh. I want a traditional wedding, with a pastor and a court certificate, etc. Anything that makes it legal and makes sure that I get half of anything (incase he fcuks up).

But traditional wedding is the only one that matters to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Woman Ever Propose To A Man? / Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? / Nagging Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.