Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Do You Think About This Song About God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About This Song About God? (1061 Views)

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence / 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This Song About God? by igbo2011(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
This is a rapper named Swiss from England and his song is about God. What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2R4rTIuKM

Here is an interview about the song too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZU6HynHACA&feature=youtu.be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by isalegan2: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wait, let me come back after I listen.

Hi, bros!

I'm listening to Barrister at the mo' wink

P.S. I listened. I thought it was very good. Lyrics are meaningful. Video is striking. I'm not sure how famous he is, but he is pretty lucky that times and things have changed somewhat. That video of him nailed to the cross - such videos usually get a lot of negative press and reactions for the artist. At least when Terence Trent D'Arby did it. Even Madonna got a lot of flack for using that tall actor in her Jesus video.

Back to the review.

I listened once and I will go back to listen again. There is so much going on. And he nailed it all - pun intended. The lyrics, the music, everything. The message! Don't forget this is a man with a message. Also, as I was watching, I was thinking, dude's gotta be strong, physically, and truly committed to his message to go through all these. Carrying that huge cross and balancing in the air with his arms tied up like that!

I also opened it up in YouTube to read the comments. He's had a lot of views!

Great job on everything.

Thanks, Igbo2011.

PPS: The 2nd video is much longer, but I'll watch that too. I'd like to know more about this guy. I'll come back to discuss the message about God in detail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by igbo2011(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
isalegan2:
Wait, let me come back after I listen.

Hi, bros!

I'm listening to Barrister at the mo' wink

Who is Barrister?
Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by isalegan2: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
igbo2011:

Who is Barrister?

All right, young'un. cheesy Sikiru Ayinde Barrister. Reigned in the late 70s and all through the 80s, 90s and beyond. He inspired a ton of other artists. Died in 2010. If you don't speak Yoruba, you might not enjoy him. But I think you will. smiley cool

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by isalegan2: 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
The first song I compared Swiss' to is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDWEcFqILoo

Listen and read the lyrics. There are religious (biblical) references and imagery here too.

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual,
the inspiration,
that made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
the same spark
that lights the dark

so that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in your box
the bullet in the gun
that inner glow
that lets you know
to call your brother "son"

The story that just begun
the promise of what's to come
and imma remain a soldier
til' the war is won (won)

chop chop chop
Judo flip, chop chop chop

Asheru: Judo Flip

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by igbo2011(m): 3:32am On Apr 27, 2015
Anyone else?
Re: What Do You Think About This Song About God? by birdman(m): 4:11am On Apr 27, 2015
igbo2011:
Anyone else?

finally got to watch both his videos. as someone who thought exactly the same way some years back, most of his premise is wrong. The bible is not a western book or religion. It may have been brought to you by westerners, but they only partially imbibed it themselves. i find lots of thoughtful young folk who are unable to get past history to see facts for what they really are. eh...it is what it is.

The hell on earth is not God's doing. Man has been given dominion over the earth, and no one, God or devil can interfere without permission. The extent to which earth looks like hell is the extent to which man gives the devil consent to operate. The disobedience in the garden was the primal consent, and it has been downhill ever since. Which means when you point those fingers at God, you really are pointing at yourself.

And yes, "Eve" did die when she disobeyed. Eve in quote, because she had another name before she died. But that is a story for another day. All physical events have a spiritual root, like a seed growing into a tree. And that day, they both did die spiritually, and it would manifest in physical death as their new lord reigned over them.

(1) (Reply)

A Dream About Marriage (what Does It Translates To?) / Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? / 5 Things Spiritual People Do Differently In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.