Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos (2046 Views)

If Buhari Dies Today, It's Because Nigerians Killed Him - APGA Chairman Ike Oye / 710 Nigerians Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In 10 Months —igbo Youth Movement / Pictures Of Gombe Boko Haram Bomb Victims ( Graphic Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
I've been seeing lots of threads over several days claiming many Nigerians were killed during xenophobic attacks in south africa, with graphic images included.

I'm a Nigerian who's been staying in south africa for the last six years so I've been following the current events closely.

So far 2 foreigners including 3 south africans have died over the past week during looting of shops, and no Nigerian have been confirmed dead.

and you might have seen images claiming to show Nigerians being burned or attacked with cutlass
those are fake.

the first image, is violent strike that took place last year not related to xenophobia.

strikes turns violent
http://randburgsun.co.za/236653/strikes-turns-violent/

the other one is from a movie about xenophobia.

the man burning happened during the 2008 violence.

the man with deep is an attack that took place in Nigeria, nothing to do with South Africa

the other ones are not even south African or xenophobic related.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by siraj1402(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Again?
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by Delible(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Okay. How did you confirm if the cases did not happen in areas outside you immediate location?

1 Like

Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by ozoigbondu: 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
OP are you sure
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by ajasbaba(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
BETTER

SOME PEOPLE WILL JUST COME HERE AND POST RUBBISH,

PLS KEEP US UPDATED

1 Like

Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by m1500: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
"So far 2 foreigners including 3 south africans have died over the past week during looting of shops, and no Nigerian have been confirmed dead."

Thanks so much for trying to clarify the statistics, but should we wait until Nigerians die? I think everyone should condemn these incessant barbaric attacks on foreigners and their businesses in South Africa. Let these people remember that South Africans live in Nigeria and have very big enterprises here in Nigeria too.

Nigeria supported the fight against apartheid in that country and I wonder why so much violence is meted against them every now and then.

On the other hand, let us know that there is no place like home - let's think of coming back. People are still living/surviving/succeeding in Nigeria.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Delible:
Okay. How did you confirm if the cases did not happen in areas outside you immediate location?

Well, I've been seeing the article pop up on many threads and blogs since Friday, yet nothing on the media, if 10 Nigerians, 10 Congolese, 5 Gabonese and others were Killed I would have seen something on the media or heard from the people I know living Jo'burg. the articles claims the attacks took place in Jo'burg but the current events are in Durban, nothing confirmed in Jo'burg.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by darnley16(m): 1:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
I've been trying to explain to these mofos since, thanks for clearing the air bro, didn't have time to strt explaining to them , let them belive whatever they wanted to
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
ozoigbondu:
OP are you sure

If just one Nigerian was killed I'm sure I would've known by now, let alone 10. The images and videos are also fake, so I'm pretty sure.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
The other one you might have seen is a videos claiming to show Nigerian students or youths being burnt by a xenophobic mob, there's other versions of this video claiming they're Zimbabwean, malawi or Congolese youths, these are all fake, some have been removed by YouTube, but you might have seen them. This is an old video showing youths being tortured by burning, by a vigilante mob after confessing to killing a man, all of them are south African. Ofcos this does not excuse the barbarity, but don't believe everything you see on the net.

viral video shows vigilantism not xenophobia

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Viral-video-shows-vigilantism-not-xenophobia-police-20150411

seun, lalasticlala. this deserves fp, will all the fake stories, images and videos on the forum
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by dammytosh: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
osystein:
I've been seeing a lot threads over the passed weeks claiming several Nigerians were killed during xenophobic attacks in south africa, with graphic images included.
I'm a Nigerian who's been staying in south africa for the last six years so I've been following the current events closely.
So far 2 foreigners including 3 south africans have died over the past week during looting of shops, and no Nigerian have been confirmed dead.
and you might have seen images claiming to show Nigerians being burned or attacked with cutlass
those are fake.
the first image, is violent strike that took place last year not related to xenophobia.
strikes turns violent
http://randburgsun.co.za/236653/strikes-turns-violent/
the other one is from a movie about xenophobia.
the man burning happened during the 2008 violence.
the other ones are not even south African or xenophobic related.

Thanks for the clarification.

This brainless generation read headline and enter the street to revenge what the wicked journalist clarified in the last paragraph.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
dammytosh:

Thanks for the clarification.

This brainless generation read headline and enter the street to revenge what the wicked journalist clarified in the last paragraph.

That's why I hope the mods will put the thread on FP, to prevent possible revenge attacks that might happen through whatever medium.

Since March, 5 people have been killed 2 foreigners (congoles and Ethiopian/ Somali) and 3 south africans (shot by security while looting shops). I want someone to dispute these figures and tell me if any Nigerians have been physically harmed or killed.

seun , lalasticlala
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by lalasticlala(m): 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
osystein:

That's why I hope the mods will put the thread on FP, to prevent possible revenge attacks that might happen through whatever medium.

Since March, 5 people have been killed 2 foreigners (congoles and Ethiopian/ Somali) and 3 south africans (shot by security while looting shops). I want someone to dispute these figures and tell me if any Nigerians have been physically harmed or killed.

But no thread on FP suggesting Nigerians were killed
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
lalasticlala:

There are many threads with fake stories including graphic image and videos that are fake all over the forum, I've been seeing these posted since last week. There images/videos are all over twitter, Facebook and many blogs.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by dammytosh: 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
lalasticlala:

@lalasticlala.

There are rumours on blogs and several fake pictures being circulated online saying 10 Nigerians have been killed.

People seeing a true picture from a responsible platform like Nairaland would go a long way.

I was angry and bittered until i came across osystein's account and checked some reputable online sources to see that NO nigerian was killed.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by Pangea: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
I thought as much!
Nigerians and fake stories !
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Atleast the other thread was locked, I'm hearing reports about a protest against the killing of 10 Nigerians. Lets hope we don't see revenge attacks based on false info, It might lead to Nigerian being killed for real.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
From the horse's mouth

Xenophobia: No Nigerian killed in South Africa— Obanikoro

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/xenophobiasa-no-nigerian-killed-in-south-africa-obanikoro/
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Still nothing, jus seeing the same false info recycled.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by osystein(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Ex minister is now calling for Revenge on killing of Nigerians, this Will turn ugly.
Re: No Nigerians Killed In South Africa, the graphic images and videos by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2015
Nigerians are usually armed and ready to defend themselves, unlimbered other Africans who are not organized and accept to get killed like rams without putting a fight .

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Group Writes Buhari, Seeks Probe Of Anyim’s Alleged Fraudulent Deals / Photos From A Ram Fighting Event In Lagos.the Rams Are Named Cristiano Ronaldo.. / 「부천오피」「팅커벨」㉻서면오피bam〖war〗8〖com〗が시흥오피" 밤전 "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.