Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari (2228 Views)

Oh Canada!! What A Cabinet!! / Without A Cabinet, Nigeria Is Stuck 'On Hold' - Reuters / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by JuanDeDios: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Recommend a Cabinet for Buhari

I’d recommend

Minister of Finance – Charles Soludo
Minister of Industry and Trade – Olusegun Aganga (that guy should be retained already, the only bright star in the GEJ administration).
Minister of Health – Babatunde Osotimehin
Minister of Works – Babatunde Fashola
National Security Adviser – Martin Luther Agwai

Add yours
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by HzRF(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
JuanDeDios:
Recommend a Cabinet for Buhari

I’d recommend

Minister of Finance – Charles Soludo
Minister of Industry and Trade – Olusegun Aganga (that guy should be retained already, the only bright star in the GEJ administration).
Minister of Health – Babatunde Osotimehin
Minister of Works – Babatunde Fashola
National Security Adviser – Martin Luther Agwai

Add yours
Solu what??

Buahri should not put tinubu stooges in sensitive position if he start misbehaving( against tinubu)these puppets will just useless his administration
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by JuanDeDios: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
HzRF:

Solu what??
Buahri should not put tinubu stooges in sensitive position if he start misbehaving( against tinubu)these puppets will just useless his administration
You mean Soludo is Tinubu's puppet? That's news to me.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by HzRF(m): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
JuanDeDios:

You mean Soludo is Tinubu's puppet? That's news to me.
.no
Just that he is not fit at all
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by lionness(f): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Education: Wole Soyinka
Power: Bart Nnaji
Agriculture: Akinwunmi
Finance: Pat Utomi
Works: Fashola
Defence: Fayemi
Petroleum: Pro Tam West
Sports: Kanu
Fct: Compensatory Chris Ngige
Justice: Falana
Information: L. Mohammed
Minister for Niger Delta: Amaechi
CBN Gov: Tunde Lemo
Health:
Minister for Youth: Don Jazzy
National Planning: My humble self, I will deliver 101%
Avaition: I think the ministry for Aviation and Transportation should be one
Efcc: Comrade Oshiomole
SGF: Jagaban
Transportation: Yusuf Suleiman hasn't done bad
Scrap sure P
Scrap minister for police affairs: create state police.
Scrap ICPC
Return Ribadu to EFCC

And Most importantly, I recommend, an ANTI-Corruption Ministry to be headed my Colonel Umar or by Buhari himself.

Each minister should be disgraced out of office if they fail to deliver within a year. And there should be an 100 day accountability program by each ministry.
Nigeria should work with these leaders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by JuanDeDios: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
HzRF:
.no
Just that he is not fit at all
Would you like to explain why?

Who are the Tinubu puppets, then - Agwai? Osotimehin? If you were referring to only Fashola I don't see how closeness to Tinubu stops people from performing.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by JuanDeDios: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
lionness:
Health:
Avaition:
Scrap sure P
Scrap ICPC
Return Ribadu to EFCC

And Most importantly, I recommend, an ANTI-Corruption Ministry to be headed my Colonel Umar or by Buhari himself.

Each minister should be disgraced out of office if they fail to deliver within a year. And there should be an 100 day accountability program by each ministry.
I like your list except that I'd have nothing to do with Akinwunmi Adesina - he failed to address the fundamental issues in the agriculture sector. Go to a small country like Zimbabwe and see how to run an efficient agriculture sector. And I think he talks too much. I live in Lagos and have never seen cassava bread, so I wonder if anyone in the villages has. I still eat imported rice - I want to eat the local one they have been talking about since forever.

And I'd put Fayemi squarely in National Planning - he did that for them throughout the campaign and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get that portfolio. Plus a few others things I disagree with on your list.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by Caseless: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kwankawaso for minister of FCT.

Amaechi for minister of petroleum.

Ezekwesili for efcc

Fashola for justice

Ngige for health

Dambazau/hameed Ali for 'defence'

Fayemi or souludo for finance

Mamora for foreign affair

Abike Dabiri/ lai muhammed for information.

Dabiri can also go for ministry of women affair.

Ogbonaya onu as SFG

NB: He should sack all the security chiefs asap.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by tit(f): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
ali baba's forty thieves no need nomination
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by omazus: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
I like Soyinka as Minister of education, like you as Minister of Planning but if ayouth is to be given youth minsitry let it go to M.I. Abaga. He is an inspiration.
lionness:
Health:
Avaition:
Scrap sure P
Scrap ICPC
Return Ribadu to EFCC

Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Caseless:
Kwankawaso for minister of FCT.

Amaechi for minister of petroleum.

Ezekwesili for efcc

Fashola for justice

Ngige for health

Dambazau/hameed Ali for 'defence'

Fayemi or souludo for finance

Mamora for foreign affair

Abike Dabiri/ lai muhammed for information.

Dabiri can also go for ministry of women affair.

Ogbonaya onu as SFG

NB: He should sack all the security chiefs asap.

Kwankwoso is going to the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by lionness(f): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
JuanDeDios:

I like your list except that I'd have nothing to do with Akinwunmi Adesina - he failed to address the fundamental issues in the agriculture sector. Go to a small country like Zimbabwe and see how to run an efficient agriculture sector. And I think he talks too much. I live in Lagos and have never seen cassava bread, so I wonder if anyone in the villages has. I still eat imported rice - I want to eat the local one they have been talking about since forever.

And I'd put Fayemi squarely in National Planning - he did that for them throughout the campaign and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get that portfolio. Plus a few others things I disagree with on your list.

He wasnt that bad. His case is just the epic case of putting a good person in a bad system...he will fail. But he still managed to succeed a bit....that goes for Barth as well.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by tit(f): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
tinubu,
fashola,
wale babalakin
oshiomole
amaechi
roachas
ararume
ngige
and the rest of the forty thieves
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by lionness(f): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
tit:
tinubu,
fashola,
wale babalakin
oshiomole
amaechi
roachas
ararume
ngige
and the rest of the forty thieves

you are missing your pills as usual. you need to go back to Aro...you should keep taking your meds...i mean like seriously.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by Caseless: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Kwankwoso is going to the Senate.
Bala Muhammad was a serving senator elected to represent bauchi in 2007 before he was appointed minister by gej in 2010 when he blew the trumpet by being the first notherner to openly tell the world that yardua is incapacitated. The ministerial appointment is his reward for betraying yaradua when no notherner dared to do that. His predecessor too, Adamu Aliero was a senator when yaradua appointed him the minister of FCT in 2007.
So it is possible to make kwankwaso a minister since it is in line with public service.
Re: Recommend A Cabinet For Buhari by JuanDeDios: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
lionness:

He wasnt that bad. His case is just the epic case of putting a good person in a bad system...he will fail. But he still managed to succeed a bit....that goes for Barth as well.
I think he fitted well into the bad system and never tried to change it. Boasting about barely-existent achievements is common with failed systems and Adesina excelled in that. I can reel out a hundred things Akinwunmi failed to do to put our agriculture sector on a sound footing. All I kept hearing was fertiliser, fertiliser, fertiliser. The other things he talked about about cassava bread can't be found in any shop.

Compare him to Aganga who talked little but can point to concrete achievements.

(1) (Reply)

World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana / Opinion: Isn't It About Time Buhari Officially Dropped The Title, 'General'? / FULL LIST - Nigeria's New Governors-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.