Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? (1273 Views)

Bible Scholars Lets Discuss Eternal Security / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
My spirit is drowning, my soul is lost ... This is my plight and the plight of most believers... Many have given up and have accepted their fate that they cant live a life pleasing to God..
We know the world is under the ruling of its prince, the devil... It is So difficult if not possible for a christian to live a holy life here on earth..
And we all know that we are in the last days.. Imagine check nairaland.. Most threads that make the front page are senseless ones:davido buys a new car, nicky minaj takes a selfie in the bathroom, cynthia morgan pierces her nose e.t. C.. We might want to blame the mods but the truth is this is wat people want to hear and see...
Gone are those days when people had credible mentors like billy graham , kenneth hagin, smith Wigglesworth, watchman nee... But now young people only look up to people like... davido, wizkid, dbanj...
Most people are driven more by the pleasure instead of God.. Football, movies, celebrities, music, fame, money, power... We spend more time reading stupid gist than with the word of God.. We hardly Pray and we Pray its for selfish reasons. Money, power and fame....
The church is not left out. Preachers teach more on making money, getting fame, killing enemies instead of true gospel of the kingdom...
Am not even talking of heaven.. THE QUESTION IS.
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A BORN AGAIN LIVE A HOLY LIVE HERE ON EARTH DOING GOD'S WILL ONLY?.
IF POSSIBLE CAN THESE THINGS BE?
CAN ONE LIVE A SINLESS LIFE IN THIS CORRUPT WORLD?..
Pls no bashing...... lets DIscuss
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by daimsy(f): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by DuchessLily(f): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
...following
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pastors, brothers and sisters.. Who have managed to escape the corruption in the world share your experiences... HOW CAN THESE THINGS BE?
HELP A BROTHER AND A SISTER DROWNING IN THE RIVER OF SIN... CAN GO A LONG WAY..
U might just save a soul..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lack of response on this thread only supports my claim that even christians are not intrested in discussions that pertain to life and goddliness...
MAY GOD HELP US ALL EVEN OUR UNBELIEVE...
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Scholar8200(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
At op, The Bible talks of the power of God's grace ( not the licence to sin and get forgiven: pseudo-grace so common today) to enable us deny wordliness and ungodly lust and to live soberly,righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-14) . But grace does not work while we remain passive; we have a role play in being passionate about living for God and resisting temptation, working out the salvation which God works in us. (Phillipians 2:12,13). The World will ever prefer a Barabbas to Christ. (it's Smith Wigglesworth)

1 Like

Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Scholar8200(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
I'll recommend you read about the past revivals , believers of older generations (you can try Heroes of the Holy Life by Wesley Duewel, Why Revival tarries by Oswald Smith and you can also visit Herald of His Coming on the web, they have many articles that have helped me personally etc) of course these wont replace the Word, if anything, it will stir up a desire and drive you to the Word and Prayer.

1 Like

Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
At op, The Bible talks of the power of God's grace ( not the licence to sin and get forgiven: pseudo-grace so common today) to enable us deny wordliness and ungodly lust and to live soberly,righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-14) . But grace does not work while we remain passive; we have a role play in being passionate about living for God and resisting temptation, working out the salvation which God works in us. (Phillipians 2:12,13). The World will ever prefer a Barabbas to Christ. (it's Smith Wigglesworth)
Thanks for your contribution and correction sir..
But the issue is "The things i want to do, i dont do. Its the opposite i do"
And i know is by grace not by strength.. For by strength shall no man prevail..
The desire is also there... But the issue is what are the practical steps i can take to daily forsake my life and live for Him.....
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
I'll recommend you read about the past revivals , believers of older generations (you can try Heroes of the Holy Life by Wesley Duewel, Why Revival tarries by Oswald Smith and you can also visit Herald of His Coming on the web, they have many articles that have helped me personally etc) of course these wont replace the Word, if anything, it will stir up a desire and drive you to the Word and Prayer.
Thanks the word and prayer is key..
Your advice has gone a long way.. really appreciate..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Scholar8200(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kayoski:

Thanks for your contribution and correction sir..
But the issue is "The things i want to do, i dont do. Its the opposite i do"
And i know is by grace not by strength.. For by strength shall no man prevail..
The desire is also there... But the issue is what are the practical steps i can take to daily forsake my life and live for Him.....
Let's start from here. Do you have your quiet time regularly?
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
Let's start from here. Do you have your quiet time regularly?
No regular quite time
Dont Pray
Dont study the word..
When i try.. The flesh supresses my spirit and i feel tired..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Scholar8200(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kayoski:

No regular quite time
Dont Pray
Dont study the word..
What is your past like? Was there a time when you were on fire for God? Apart from salvation, what other work of Grace have you sought for and received? How and with whom do you spend your free time with? Was there a time that these things were a delight and renewing? When exactly did you notice this spiritual declension?
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Sanchez01: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kayoski:

No regular quite time
Dont Pray
Dont study the word..
Believer Ammyluv2002, please step in.

Kayoski, this is exactly where the problem is. You could send me a PM, and have us discuss as fellow Christians. We could help you growsmiley.

By the way, mind telling me your denomination? This is imperative to your Christian growth and your spiritual life at the long run.

1 Like

Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Scholar8200:
What is your past like? Was there a time when you were on fire for God? Apart from salvation, what other work of Grace have you sought for and received? How and with whom do you spend your free time with? Was there a time that these things were a delight and renewing? When exactly did you notice this spiritual declension?
I was on fire when i was in school(last year).. Awaiting nysc mobilisation next month.. So have been at home ever since..
It all dropped when since i left the fellowship of the brethen. Which i enjoyed while in school..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanchez01:

Believer Ammyluv2002, please step in.

Kayoski, this is exactly where the problem is. You could send me a PM, and have us discuss as fellow Christians. We could help you growsmiley.

By the way, mind telling me your denomination? This is imperative to your Christian growth and your spiritual life at the long run.
was formally a foursqaurian but started attending winners chapel earlier this year..
Although i was a mfm member while in school..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Sanchez01: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kayoski:

was formally a foursqaurian but started attending winners chapel earlier this year..
Although i was a mfm member while in school..
Another problem is the combination of churches. Although God is present in every Church but for certain reasons, the founders of these churches have modeled their vision/mission after certain beliefs; one we call "doctrine".

The doctrines of these three churches vary and could end up creating confusion when you leave one for the other. Above all, make up your mind to attend a Bible believing church first, be sure their doctrine centres and preach Holiness and Heaven.

In addition, it might be very difficult for you to study all alone without getting bored and uncomfortable. Start a church, listen to messages from seasoned men of God, attend Christian gatherings than ever before and join a group in the church then attempt a one-year Bible plan. Believe me, you'll experience a God-kind of fellowship within a short period of time.
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanchez01:

Another problem is the combination of churches. Although God is present in every Church but for certain reasons, the founders of these churches have modeled their vision/mission after certain beliefs; one we call "doctrine".

The doctrines of these three churches vary and could end up creating confusion when you leave one for the other. Above all, make up your mind to attend a Bible believing church first, be sure their doctrine centres and preach Holiness and Heaven.

In addition, it might be very difficult for you to study all alone without getting bored and uncomfortable. Start a church, listen to messages from seasoned men of God, attend Christian gatherings than ever before and join a group in the church then attempt a one-year Bible plan. Believe me, you'll experience a God-kind of fellowship within a short period of time.
Ok tenks. I have finally decided to become a winners member full time wud join a group soon..
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanchez01:

Ok tenks. I have finally decided to become a winners member full time wud join a group soon
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Scholar8200(m): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
The primary cause I sense is the idleness at home and the indulgence of the flesh (in eating, leisure activities etc) that comes with idleness. I'd suggest that you, as a matter of urgency, go to God in prayer confessing your need and asking Him for a visitation. Also be much in the Word- it is the primary means of revelation. Now you'll need to be hard on the flesh to do this, you can even fast as this is one of the ways that the flesh is subdued and the spirit strengthened. You dont want to head to Nysc camp without your axehead, there even the handle will sink.
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Sanchez01: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kayoski:

Ok tenks. I have finally decided to become a winners member full time wud join a group soon..
This is a great decision and I pray God blesses you as you uphold it. smiley
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanchez01:

This is a great decision and I pray God blesses you as you uphold it. smiley
Amen
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sanchez01:

Wise words! You've said it all

2 Likes

Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by efficiencie(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Bro Kayo! Your post is call. A call to our church leaders and the followers of Christ.

In my opinion, i believe the reason for believers, including me, falling short of divine expectations for our dispensation is the failure of church leaders and followers of Christ to have Ephesians 4:11-13 as their common mission statement!

Ephesians 4:11-13

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [size=20] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: [/size] [size=30] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [/size]

...and this failure is on three fronts:

1. Division in the Body of Christ

The church in Nigeria has extraordinary leaders who by God's grace have been established by amazing gifts that has made them: seers, prophets, miracle workers, teachers, administrators, men of faith, tongue interpreters etc (Romans 1:11) but these leaders have failed to understand that it is in unity that our identity as Christians is known to the world and not in the gift to us by grace (John 17:21) and that it is only in unity that Ephesians 4:11-13 can be achieved! Can an MFM member, SCOAN member and Christ Embassy member really worship together though they worship the same God?

Imagine how much the body would achieve if after listening to Oyhakilome's exegesis of the mystery of the Word, one is educated in the methodologies of dark force and how to shut them out permanently by Olukoya and one gets supportive and often emergency prayers and words of wisdom from Joshua. Just imagine how well fed believers would be.

2. The Illusion of Self-sufficiency

Not only are we divided in the Body of Christ, we believe that we can make it to heaven on our own and that we are self-sufficient.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the salvation of the soul via deliverance and ascetic living believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the gifts and fruits of the Spirit believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the motions of faith believe that that's all there is.

Why?

We all see and prophesy in part and perfection is when all these parts are bonded into one in Love (1Corinthians 13:9-10) but instead we believe that what we preach or hear from our choice teachers is all that we need and nothing else is necessary.

''Every step towards self-sufficiency is a step away from God'' Prophecy by Mike Murdock

3. Disconnect between Objectives and Mission

I've observed that many leaders and followers of Christ are so obsessed with the prophetic objective handed to them that they lose sight of the mission.

Our mission, ''...we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ'', is constantly overlooked! Leaders are sermonizing up and down, thrilling their congregation and growing in size but they're not asking:
How many are sheep in the fold? How many are lost sheep in the fold? How many are wolves in the fold? How many are goats in the fold? What structures can we put in place to transform more lost sheep, goats and wolves into sheep in the fold?

There are no ''pneumetrics'' in the church to help people measure their faith count, spirit temperature and purity of the soul! We are consumed with attaining objectives through evangelizing, preaching, prophesying, working miracles but we lose sight of the mission!

Bro, one can know God better than Moses, romance God better than David and become perfect in his time like Job...It is possible, but the gates of hell are not relenting and this is evident today...and so the Body of Christ must unite (Ephesians 4:5-6), be dependent on each other in the Lord (1Peter 5:5) and never lose sight of the mission of the Gospel long prophesied by Isaiah (Isaiah 61:1-3)!
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Kayoski(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2015
efficiencie:
Bro Kayo! Your post is call. A call to our church leaders and the followers of Christ.

In my opinion, i believe the reason for believers, including me, falling short of divine expectations for our dispensation is the failure of church leaders and followers of Christ to have Ephesians 4:11-13 as their common mission statement!

Ephesians 4:11-13

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [size=20] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: [/size] [size=30] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [/size]

...and this failure is on three fronts:

1. Division in the Body of Christ

The church in Nigeria has extraordinary leaders who by God's grace have been established by amazing gifts that has made them: seers, prophets, miracle workers, teachers, administrators, men of faith, tongue interpreters etc (Romans 1:11) but these leaders have failed to understand that it is in unity that our identity as Christians is known to the world and not in the gift to us by grace (John 17:21) and that it is only in unity that Ephesians 4:11-13 can be achieved! Can an MFM member, SCOAN member and Christ Embassy member really worship together though they worship the same God?

Imagine how much the body would achieve if after listening to Oyhakilome's exegesis of the mystery of the Word, one is educated in the methodologies of dark force and how to shut them out permanently by Olukoya and one gets supportive and often emergency prayers and words of wisdom from Joshua. Just imagine how well fed believers would be.

2. The Illusion of Self-sufficiency

Not only are we divided in the Body of Christ, we believe that we can make it to heaven on our own and that we are self-sufficient.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the salvation of the soul via deliverance and ascetic living believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the gifts and fruits of the Spirit believe that that's all there is.

Those that teach the gospel of Christ reflected in the motions of faith believe that that's all there is.

Why?

We all see and prophesy in part and perfection is when all these parts are bonded into one in Love (1Corinthians 13:9-10) but instead we believe that what we preach or hear from our choice teachers is all that we need and nothing else is necessary.

''Every step towards self-sufficiency is a step away from God'' Prophecy by Mike Murdock

3. Disconnect between Objectives and Mission

I've observed that many leaders and followers of Christ are so obsessed with the prophetic objective handed to them that they lose sight of the mission.

Our mission, ''...we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ'', is constantly overlooked! Leaders are sermonizing up and down, thrilling their congregation and growing in size but they're not asking:
How many are sheep in the fold? How many are lost sheep in the fold? How many are wolves in the fold? How many are goats in the fold? What structures can we put in place to transform more lost sheep, goats and wolves into sheep in the fold?

There are no ''pneumetrics'' in the church to help people measure their faith count, spirit temperature and purity of the soul! We are consumed with attaining objectives through evangelizing, preaching, prophesying, working miracles but we lose sight of the mission!

Bro, one can know God better than Moses, romance God better than David and become perfect in his time like Job...It is possible, but the gates of hell are not relenting and this is evident today...and so the Body of Christ must unite (Ephesians 4:5-6), be dependent on each other in the Lord (1Peter 5:5) and never lose sight of the mission of the Gospel long prophesied by Isaiah (Isaiah 61:1-3)!
true talk.. tenks alot sir
Re: Believers Hop In.. Lets Discuss.. How Can These Things Be? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Well the truth is you cannot please God on your own no matter how much you try, our righteousness is like filthy rags unto God.. That's why an unbeliever cannot please God .. They just flow with the season.. As a believer you have the spirit of God that enables one please God. You gotta allow christ to live that life through you.
Why do we still make mistakes afterwards giving our website lives to christ? Cause Satan and the flesh are constantly fighting to pull you back to the captivity you were delivered from.
You have the spirit of God in you
But you still live in the flesh which wants to do anything but the will of God.
They both influence your decision on daily basis but guess what for most Christians the flesh speaks louder to them.. They Hear from the flesh more clearly...

Why?

Because they're starving their spirit man in them... It's malnourished and weak.

How many Christians today can boast of a consistent Bible study and prayer life? Not many...
Jesus escaped the temptation that came his way after the forty days fast with the scriptures he had read and known.
. As you eat physical food to keep your flesh going, so also feed the spirit with the word Of God.
Get Christian books and tapes and feed on them often.
Pray fervently in whatever earthly language and in tongues.
Get actively involved in activities that build your spirit man not just warming seats in church and fellowship.
Avoid places and activities that don't affect your life positively.
Hang around often with people that seek to please God in all their endeavours.

Read these. : for better understanding
Romans 8:26-28
Luke:21-36
Mark 14:38

These things will put you on the right track.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Person Of The Holy Ghost / Portrait Of Pope Benedict Xvi Made Of Condoms Sparks Debates (photo) / 7 Year 0ld Girl Reveals That Adeboye,tb Joshua, Oyedepo,oritsejafor, Olukoya And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.