Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? (10344 Views)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / Where Was Jesus Between 12-30 Years Of Age. / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

There are sooo many CONTRADICTIONS in the quran. In fact, the quran is total contradictions. Allah reverses everything he once said but this not the thread to discuss that.

Pfffttt! I would love to hear what part of the Quran contradicts itself.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
pneumaticos:

Ur situation is pathetic

Was it only paul that saw jesus in the bible

You can see Him too if you so desire,just like i saw him too

See the advantage we have over you,
We can related to our God directly while you willing to die over virgines

Lol! What you call an advantage I call delusions.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Recycling threads when actually they can't tell us why their lord was nailed to the cross.

Bunch of neanderthals. undecided

My friend, welcome. Good to be here.

There is need to recycle and we will keep recycling as nothing is new under the earth. Besides, the fact that you are still obstinate shows the need for recycling.

Now, what is your explanation to the OP?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Pfffttt! I would love to hear what part of the Quran contradicts itself.
read here https://www.nairaland.com/2121425/allahs-invalidate-own-revelation
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
did Jesus died? If your answer is no, what about john the baptist,did he died? The same phrase Jesus used to prophesied his death? John used the same word to prophesied his death. Why did muslims not shift the death of john to the future, but shift that of Jesus to the future?

The Quran did not give a definite date for his death but rather blesses him on whatever day it is he dies, for john, it has already come to pass but for Jesus it's whenever it happens, the same statement was made about Muhammad ( SAW) even before he died, what's your point?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lol! What you call an advantage I call delusions.

What you call delusion holds the totality of your life

I can mock a..llah....
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=EzioAuditore post=32755036]

Pfffttt! I would love to hear what part of the Quran contradicts itself/quote]

Am coming,wait for me in confustion
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
read here https://www.nairaland.com/2121425/allahs-invalidate-own-revelation

That whole thread is a joke, the prophet has always been against slavery but in times of war it is encouraged, those later verses he claims to contradict the first only refer to situations where slavery is not necessary, one of the first things the prophet did was to encourage the freeing of slaves.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
pneumaticos:

What you call delusion holds the totality of your life

I can mock a..llah....

Your whole religion is a joke, so much so that even the Europeans that played the trick on you are starting to abandon it. For you to claim that your lord exited the womb of a woman is a silly joke. So your lord was once a helpless baby?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=pneumaticos post=32755365][/quote]

I am certain you won't come back, I'm not in a state of confusion but rather a state of pity for your cluelessness.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

The Quran did not give a definite date for his death but rather blesses him on whatever day it is he dies, for john, it has already come to pass but for Jesus it's whenever it happens, the same statement was made about Muhammad ( SAW) even before he died, what's your point?

John died, Muhammad died, when did allah say Jesus is going to die?

Jesus is in heaven now, do people still die there?

Please note that allah didn't say that Jesus is coming back in the quran, except Muhammad learning that from the Christians.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Your whole religion is a joke, so much so that even the Europeans that played the trick on you are starting to abandon it. For you to claim that your lord exited the womb of a woman is a silly joke. So your lord was once a helpless baby?

Spiritual reality is foolishness to the carnal minds.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

you seem to misunderstood me, am not asking when Jesus will died, what I ask is, did Jesus died and resurrected? Take a look at this;

This is Jesus talking here about his death ;
Surah 19:33: Peace on me the day I
was born, and the day I die, and the
day I shall be raised alive!

And this is john talking here about his death ;
Surah 19:15: And peace on him on
the day he was born, and on the day
he dies, and on the day he is raised
to life.

Are not this two verse saying the same things? If muslims believe john died it means Jesus died too.
Qur’an translator, Yusuf Ali, in his
footnote of Surah 19:33:
“…Christ was not crucified (S. IV. 157).
But those who believe that he never
died should PONDER over this
verse.” (Ali, “The Holy Qur’an”,
p.774, f. 2485.)
You need to ask your self some serious question about your belief, God would not wait for 600 years just to send muhammed to say "they crucified him not" what about those who believe christ was killed before the coming of muhammed ? Who will take the blame for there unbelief? Allah or satan?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Rilwayne001: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
So you agreed that you can't tell us the reason why your god was nailed to the cross bah?

truthman2012:

My friend, welcome. Good to be here.

Yes sir, but sir don't you think your son who you said his also on this board will be highly disappointed with you attitude and the fact that you were unable to tell us which sin jesus died for?

There is need to recycle and we will keep recycling as nothing is new under the earth.

If thats what rocks your boat, you can continue recycling, but let it be known deep inside you can only continue to fool your fellow gullible xtian, and I believe tje reasonable ones will notice how low you are, and they will surely embrace the truth. I just hope your daughter (my future wife insha Allah grin) will be online to read you deceitful attitude, and that will make her embrace islam.

Besides, the fact that you are still obstinate shows the need for recycling.

Every reasonable individual reading your thread(s) and our rebuttals to them will surely know who is obstinate. And I believe anyone reading my thread about the sin jesus died for will observe the shallow brain you guys possesed.

Now, what is your explanation to the OP?

The Verse Under Discourse
"And when Allah said:" 0 `Isa! I am going to take you away completely and raise you to Myself and clear you of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

What Is Tawafii
"At-Tawaffi": is to take something completely. It is for this reason that it is also used for death, because at the time of death Allah takes man's soul away from his body.

See, for example, the following verses where "Tawafi"is used: "... Our messengers take him completely ( i. e., cause him to die.)" {surah al-An'am: 61

"And they say:" What! when we have become lost in the earth, shall we then indeed be in a new creation?". ..

Say:" The angel of death who is given charge of you shall take you completely (i. e., cause you to die), then to your Lord you shall be brought back"
{Sajdah:10 - 11}

"Allah takes completely the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term..." {Zumar: 42}

Pondering on the last two verses you will see that the Qur'an has not used "at-tawaffi in the meaning of death, rather the word gives the idea of taking and preserving. In other words, when at-tawaffi is used for death, it is not because it means death; rather it is used to emphasize the connotation of taking and preserving, to show and establish that man's soul does not perish, is not destroyed by death - - contrary to what ignorant people think; Allah keeps and preserves it until comes the time to return it to its body for resurrection. At other places where this sense is not involved, Allah uses the word Al-mawt (death), and not at-tawaffi.

For example:
And Muhammad is no more than a messenger, the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" {Al-Imran:144}

"... it shall not be finished with them entirely so that they should die ..." {Surah Fatir: 36}

There are a lot of other verses of this type, not excepting some verses in `Isa's story itself: For example, there are, `Isa's words about himself: "And peace be on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life" {surah Maryam: 33}

And Allah's words about him: "And there is not one of the people of the Book but most certainly shall believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he (`Isa) shall be a witness against them" {surah Nisa: 159}

It all shows that at-tawaffi does not necessarily mean death.

This interpretation is also supported by the words of Allah refuting the claim of the Jews: And their saying:"Surely we killed the Messiah, Isa son of Maryam, the messenger of Allah;" and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so) like `Isa (; and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture; and they killed him not for sure. Rather, Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. And there is not one of the people of the Book but most certainly shall believe in him before his death and on the Day of Resurrection he (`Isa) shall be a witness against them" {surah Nisa: 157 - 159}

The Jews claimed that they had killed the Messiah, `Isa son of Maryam, and likewise the Christians think that the Jews had killed `Isa son of Maryam by crucifixion, and that after he was crucified Allah raised him up from his grave to the heaven, as the Gospels say. But the Qur'anic verses, as you see, unequivocally refute the story of killing and crucifixion both.

It is apparent from the Divine Words, And there is not one of the people of the Book..., that `Isa (a. s) is alive near Allah and that he will not die until all the people of the Book shall believe in him. Keeping all these factors in view, the word "At-tawaffi, used in the verse under discussion, would only mean that Allah was to take him away completely from among the Jews. Yet the verse does not say so clearly; it is only its apparent connotation.

Source: {Curled From Tafsir al-Mizan of 'Allamah Sayyid Hussain Tabatabi}

In Badshah Husain's English translation of the Holy Quran, Sale is quoted on page 41 of Vol. 11. as under:
" It is supposed by several that this story was an original of Mohammad's but they are certainly mistaken, for several sectarians held the same opinion, long before his time. The Basilidians) Irrenus I. I. C 32 and C. Epiphan Haeres 42 num III (in the very beginning of Christianity, denied that Christ himself suffered, but that Simon the Cyraracean was crucified in his place. The Corinthians before them and the Carpocratians next) to name no more of those who affirmed Jesus to have been a mere man (did believe the same thing; it was not himself, but one of his followers very like him that was crucified. Photius tells us that he read a book entitled
"The Journeys of the Apostles", relating the acts of Peter, John, Andrew, Thomas and Paul, and among other things contained therein, this was one, that Christ was not crucified, but another in his stead, and that therefore he laughed at his crucifiers (Photius Bible Cod 411, col. 192) or those who thought they had crucified him (Tolands' Nazrenus p. 71)"

* The Jewish plot to kill Isa was prevented by the best of planners, the almighty Allah..

Mirza Ahmad 'Ali also writes:
Tawaffa is to fulfil a promise. "Inni mutawaffika" means "I will complete your term". The word may mean death or to take away. It has been used in both its meanings in the Quran.

The incoherent recording of the events of Isa's crucifixion, burial and resurrection in the New Testament, proves that the whole story had been fabricated to suit the doctrines of the Christian church.

All the Muslims, in the light of this and other verses of the Quran, do not give any credence to the false story of Isa's crucifixion and resurrection, fabricated by the Christian church..

In the verse of discourse, these words follow each other successively: "Tawaffa" (to take away), "tahar" (to purify), "raf-a" (to raise) and "nuzul" (to descend). These are the four effects of the divine will in connection with Isa, out of which the first three have already taken place and the fourth is expected to happen, before the final resurrection. The religion of Allah shall triumph over all other religions and creeds. The light of truth shall enlighten the world, and a perfect human society shall be established before the world comes to an end. This is His promise.

If tawaffa means death, then also there should be no doubt in the mind of a believer about Isa's nuzul because, as said in verses of al-Baqarah, Allah can give life to the dead or raise up any dead living being to life.

In the opinion of Shaykh Saduq (ra), this explanation is more credible..If tawaffa means departure from this world without dying, then his nuzul will be re-appearance after his temporary disappearance.

Allah Knows Best.

OYA RECYCLE YOUR NEXT THREAD AGAIN, THIS ONE IS DEAD

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

you are an atheist, right?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by pneumaticos(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

I am certain you won't come back, I'm not in a state of confusion but rather a state of pity for your cluelessness.

Prove to me the powers,wisdom ,might from your god alsatan ,
And i prove to Why Jesus hold all that you see

See what allah is doing on my dp
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Come back to tell you contradictions in allah's word? There so many but it will derail this thread. But meanwhile check this and give your respose there. It is just one of them:

https://www.nairaland.com/2253144/islam-among-arabs
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:
So you agreed that you can't tell us the reason why your god was nailed to the cross bah?

Yes sir, but sir don't you think your son who you said his also on this board will be highly disappointed with you attitude and the fact that you were unable to tell us which sin jesus died for?

If thats what rocks your boat, you can continue recycling, but let it be known deep inside you can only continue to fool your fellow gullible xtian, and I believe tje reasonable ones will notice how low you are, and they will surely embrace the truth. I just hope your daughter (my future wife insha Allah grin) will be online to read you deceitful attitude, and that will make her embrace islam.

Every reasonable individual reading your thread(s) and our rebuttals to them will surely know who is obstinate. And I believe anyone reading my thread about the sin jesus died for will observe the shallow brain you guys possesed.

The Verse Under Discourse
"And when Allah said:" 0 `Isa! I am going to take you away completely and raise you to Myself and clear you of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

What Is Tawafii
"At-Tawaffi": is to take something completely. It is for this reason that it is also used for death, because at the time of death Allah takes man's soul away from his body.

See, for example, the following verses where "Tawafi"is used: "... Our messengers take him completely ( i. e., cause him to die.)" {surah al-An'am: 61

"And they say:" What! when we have become lost in the earth, shall we then indeed be in a new creation?". ..

Say:" The angel of death who is given charge of you shall take you completely (i. e., cause you to die), then to your Lord you shall be brought back"
{Sajdah:10 - 11}

"Allah takes completely the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term..." {Zumar: 42}

Pondering on the last two verses you will see that the Qur'an has not used "at-tawaffi in the meaning of death, rather the word gives the idea of taking and preserving. In other words, when at-tawaffi is used for death, it is not because it means death; rather it is used to emphasize the connotation of taking and preserving, to show and establish that man's soul does not perish, is not destroyed by death - - contrary to what ignorant people think; Allah keeps and preserves it until comes the time to return it to its body for resurrection. At other places where this sense is not involved, Allah uses the word Al-mawt (death), and not at-tawaffi.

For example:
And Muhammad is no more than a messenger, the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" {Al-Imran:144}

"... it shall not be finished with them entirely so that they should die ..." {Surah Fatir: 36}

There are a lot of other verses of this type, not excepting some verses in `Isa's story itself: For example, there are, `Isa's words about himself: "And peace be on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life" {surah Maryam: 33}

And Allah's words about him: "And there is not one of the people of the Book but most certainly shall believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he (`Isa) shall be a witness against them" {surah Nisa: 159}

This interpretation is also supported by the words of Allah refuting the claim of the Jews: And their saying:"Surely we killed the Messiah, Isa son of Maryam, the messenger of Allah;" and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so) like `Isa (; and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture; and they killed him not for sure. Rather, Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. And there is not one of the people of the Book but most certainly shall believe in him before his death and on the Day of Resurrection he (`Isa) shall be a witness against them" {surah Nisa: 157 - 159}

The Jews claimed that they had killed the Messiah, `Isa son of Maryam, and likewise the Christians think that the Jews had killed `Isa son of Maryam by crucifixion, and that after he was crucified Allah raised him up from his grave to the heaven, as the Gospels say. But the Qur'anic verses, as you see, unequivocally refute the story of killing and crucifixion both.

It is apparent from the Divine Words, And there is not one of the people of the Book..., that `Isa (a. s) is alive near Allah and that he will not die until all the people of the Book shall believe in him. Keeping all these factors in view, the word "At-tawaffi, used in the verse under discussion, would only mean that Allah was to take him away completely from among the Jews. Yet the verse does not say so clearly; it is only its apparent connotation.

Source: {Curled From Tafsir al-Mizan of 'Allamah Sayyid Hussain Tabatabi}

In Badshah Husain's English translation of the Holy Quran, Sale is quoted on page 41 of Vol. 11. as under:
" It is supposed by several that this story was an original of Mohammad's but they are certainly mistaken, for several sectarians held the same opinion, long before his time. The Basilidians) Irrenus I. I. C 32 and C. Epiphan Haeres 42 num III (in the very beginning of Christianity, denied that Christ himself suffered, but that Simon the Cyraracean was crucified in his place. The Corinthians before them and the Carpocratians next) to name no more of those who affirmed Jesus to have been a mere man (did believe the same thing; it was not himself, but one of his followers very like him that was crucified. Photius tells us that he read a book entitled
"The Journeys of the Apostles", relating the acts of Peter, John, Andrew, Thomas and Paul, and among other things contained therein, this was one, that Christ was not crucified, but another in his stead, and that therefore he laughed at his crucifiers (Photius Bible Cod 411, col. 192) or those who thought they had crucified him (Tolands' Nazrenus p. 71)"

* The Jewish plot to kill Isa was prevented by the best of planners, the almighty Allah..

Mirza Ahmad 'Ali also writes:
Tawaffa is to fulfil a promise. "Inni mutawaffika" means "I will complete your term". The word may mean death or to take away. It has been used in both its meanings in the Quran.

The incoherent recording of the events of Isa's crucifixion, burial and resurrection in the New Testament, proves that the whole story had been fabricated to suit the doctrines of the Christian church.

All the Muslims, in the light of this and other verses of the Quran, do not give any credence to the false story of Isa's crucifixion and resurrection, fabricated by the Christian church..

In the verse of discourse, these words follow each other successively: "Tawaffa" (to take away), "tahar" (to purify), "raf-a" (to raise) and "nuzul" (to descend). These are the four effects of the divine will in connection with Isa, out of which the first three have already taken place and the fourth is expected to happen, before the final resurrection. The religion of Allah shall triumph over all other religions and creeds. The light of truth shall enlighten the world, and a perfect human society shall be established before the world comes to an end. This is His promise.

If tawaffa means death, then also there should be no doubt in the mind of a believer about Isa's nuzul because, as said in verses of al-Baqarah, Allah can give life to the dead or raise up any dead living being to life.

In the opinion of Shaykh Saduq (ra), this explanation is more credible..If tawaffa means departure from this world without dying, then his nuzul will be re-appearance after his temporary disappearance.

Allah Knows Best.

OYA RECYCLE YOUR NEXT THREAD AGAIN, THIS ONE IS DEAD
All what you write here is rubbish, In the above Qur’anic verse, the term
“die” is translated from the Arabic word,
“mutawaffika.” The term
“mutawaffika” occurs over 25 times in
the Qur’an, and in each case it refers to
the death of someone . Especially
enlightening is its usage in Surah 39:42:

“It is Allah that takes (mutawaffika)
the souls (of men) at death; and
those that die not (He takes)
(m utawaffika) during their sleep:
those on whom He has passed the
decree of death.” (Yusuf Ali)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
pneumaticos:

Prove to me the powers,wisdom ,might from your god alsatan ,
And i prove to Why Jesus hold all that you see

See what allah is doing on my dp

What do you think you've achieved? There are athiests that make cartoons to make fun of your God, jesus and your whole religion. In your case it just shows you're a jobless acolyte of all that is wrong with this world.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
you seem to misunderstood me, am not asking when Jesus will died, what I ask is, did Jesus died and resurrected? Take a look at this;

This is Jesus talking here about his death ;
Surah 19:33: Peace on me the day I
was born, and the day I die, and the

And this is john talking here about his death ;
Surah 19:15: And peace on him on
the day he was born, and on the day
he dies, and on the day he is raised
to life.

Are not this two verse saying the same things? If muslims believe john died it means Jesus died too.
Qur’an translator, Yusuf Ali, in his
footnote of Surah 19:33:
“…Christ was not crucified (S. IV. 157).
But those who believe that he never
died should PONDER over this
verse.” (Ali, “The Holy Qur’an”,
p.774, f. 2485.)
You need to ask your self some serious question about your belief, God would not wait for 600 years just to send muhammed to say "they crucified him not" what about those who believe christ was killed before the coming of muhammed ? Who will take the blame for there unbelief? Allah or satan?

Lmao! Thatis why I warned you about translating things you don't understand! The day one wakes alive in islam refers to the day of resurrection, the day every one will face the judgement of God, the same has been said of other prohets and Muhammad as well, does it mean they died and came back? That's referring to the day of resurrection.

And as to the second part of your argument, no one can die before of after his time. That is just blessing them on the day they die or eventually died, the same was said about Muhammad in the Quran while he was still alive, does that mean he's dead or has died before then?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:

No! But I like to see things from a neutral point of view.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:

To say that nothing is true is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we mut be the shepherds of our civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our own actions, and that we must live with our actions, wheter glorious or tragic.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

John died, Muhammad died, when did allah say Jesus is going to die?

Jesus is in heaven now, do people still die there?

Please note that allah didn't say that Jesus is coming back in the quran, except Muhammad learning that from the Christians.

You say it as if what Muhammad says and what Allah teaches are different? Muhammad taught men the Quran, he speaks only that which Allah wants him to, just because its not in the Quran doesn't mean he learnt it from the christians. Why didn't he just tell people its part of the Quran? Why will the Quran just say Jesus never died and deny further explanations? Where is he? To believe in Allah is not to believe in his book alone, but also his prophet. Not every law is in the Quran but have you heard of Hadith? Your arguments are a tad bit amateurish.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by eyeopener: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
@ Rilwayne

Let me point out the fallacies in your defence:

What Is Tawafii

Say:" The angel of death who is given charge of you shall take you completely (i. e., cause you to die), then to your Lord you shall be brought back" {Sajdah:10 - 11}

Everything you saiid here defines
"at-tawaffi"
as meaning death. What is your point?

In this case, it means death as in: Surah 19:33: Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the

"Surely we killed the Messiah, Isa son of Maryam, the messenger of Allah;" and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so) like `Isa (; and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture; and they killed him not for sure. Rather, Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. And there is not one of the people of the Book but most certainly shall believe in him before his death and on the Day of Resurrection he (`Isa) shall be a witness against them" {surah Nisa: 157 - 159}

This is another quranic deception. ...."It appeared to them so" How could something that took place in the public appear to people unreal? Did alla performed magic there? Pilte condemned Jesus to death in the public, people, people there demanded for the release of the thief on the right side of Jesus. So, all those appeared to them so? What kind of a lie is this?

"Surely we killed the Messiah, Isa the messenger of all.......". This is another lie. The Jews never accepted Jesus as their Messiah, hence they killed him. They would never have killed their Messiah.

3 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

You say it as if what Muhammad says and what Allah teaches are different? Muhammad taught men the Quran, he speaks only that which Allah wants him to, just because its not in the Quran doesn't mean he learnt it from the christians. Why didn't he just tell people its part of the Quran? Why will the Quran just say Jesus never died and deny further explanations? Where is he? To believe in Allah is not to believe in his book alone, but also his prophet. Not every law is in the Quran but have you heard of Hadith? Your arguments are a tad bit amateurish.

I know islam more than you do. You are taught only the positiive of it, I studied both the positive and the negative.

Muslims claims quran is only the words of allah and hadiths the sayings and deed of Muhammad. It is only in the words of Muhammad (hadith) you find that Jesus is coming back, allah did not say so. Since it is not revealed by allah, where did Muhammad get the idea from if not from the Christians?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by malvisguy212: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

Lmao! Thatis why I warned you about translating things you don't understand! The day one wakes alive in islam refers to the day of resurrection, the day every one will face the judgement of God, the same has been said of other prohets and Muhammad as well, does it mean they died and came back? That's referring to the day of resurrection.

And as to the second part of your argument, no one can die before of after his time. That is just blessing them on the day they die or eventually died, the same was said about Muhammad in the Quran while he was still alive, does that mean he's dead or has died before then?
you have no clue of what you are saying here, muslims scholar twist the chronological sequence of event in the verse that talk about Jesus death but the same word was used for john and the accepts the translation, and you agree with there manipulation ? May God open your eyes.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

I know islam more than you do. You are taught only the positiive of it, I studied both the positive and the negative.

Muslims claims quran is only the words of allah and hadiths the sayings and deed of Muhammad. It is only in the words of Muhammad (hadith) you find that Jesus is coming back, allah did not say so. Since it is not revealed by allah, where did Muhammad get the idea from if not from the Christians?

This Prophets knowledge was given to him by Allah. The Quran discusses certain topics but not all, so when his companions ask him certain questions, with the knowledge God has given him he answers such questions, the return of Isa (Jesus), the appearance of The false messiah and also that of the beast are all signs of the end of the world and if it agrees with other religions it's because it's true, we Muslims don't totally discredit the bible, we only agree with the parts of it that agree with what the prophet taught. So such questions directed at the prophet are in the Hadith. You claim of Islamic knowledge is baseless, but I can prove to you that I am a better christian than you.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
you have no clue of what you are saying here, muslims scholar twist the chronological sequence of event in the verse that talk about Jesus death but the same word was used for john and the accepts the translation, and you agree with there manipulation ? May God open your eyes.
And the same word and similar verse was used for Muhammad while he was still alive, what's your point? There's nothing twisted here? It's like saying May Allah bless Zakir Naik on the day he dies and the day he is awakened alive? He's still alive is he not? But on that day, May God bless him and also bless him on the day of resurrection. Does this satisfy your curiosity? Don't just twist meanings in ways that suit you.
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Spiritual reality is foolishness to the carnal minds.

Atheists?
Re: Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? by truthman2012(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
EzioAuditore:

This Prophets knowledge was given to him by Allah. The Quran discusses certain topics but not all, so when his companions ask him certain questions, with the knowledge God has given him he answers such questions, the return of Isa (Jesus), the appearance of The false messiah and also that of the beast are all signs of the end of the world and if it agrees with other religions it's because it's true, we Muslims don't totally discredit the bible, we only agree with the parts of it that agree with what the prophet taught. So such questions directed at the prophet are in the Hadith. You claim of Islamic knowledge is baseless, but I can prove to you that I am a better christian than you.

Every subject you mentioned here were already written in the Christians' scriptures before Muhammad came, so you cannot be so sure it was knowledge given to him by allah.

Did I hear you say you are a better Christian? Are you a Christian? Which one you dey na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Why Pastors Cannot Be Millionaires By Deji Yesufu / 88 Babies Born In A Week At RCCG 60th One-week Convention / Most Nigeria Top Pastors Are Tied To Ilorin(kwara State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.