Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! (3882 Views)

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession / Tariff Increase, Solution To Improve Power Supply – NERC / Lagos Politics : The Return Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Destined2win: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello My brothers, greetings to you all.
I have been on this nairaland for quite some time and have seen the verbal vituperations of individuals on here which basically represent a chunk of the mindset of those that are not here. The Igbos have a domineering spirit which helps them conquer even a barren land, and I think this is divinely gifted. But only an unreal man would think that everybody is happy with his success.

I have come to see that in Nigeria, tribalism is a cankerworm, and it will need just a little more than a miracle to conquer that, but we can on our own part play the unity game well.
For instance, I was promoted in the office, and it so happened that I had to work with people from another tribe. Oh my! You needed to see gang up. Even people who didn’t work in that office were warning me about them including somebody from that tribe. What did I do?

They complain ‘say I dey carry work for head’, because I try to work and prove a point. In a few weeks, all what it took them years to know and the ones they didn’t know, I was learning them so fast! They resorted to tarnishing my image, but who cares.

People will call you names but make sure you are not what they call you! I conquered them by being myself and even extending a hand of friendship by freeing my mind from hate and envy which is an excuse for mediocrity and the spirit of enterprise!
The Igbo spirit is the spirit of a conqueror! But it is unfortunate that some Nigerians from other parts of the country misunderstand this fact and I’m sure that perception will not change anytime soon.

Now, what is the way forward?

It is no gainsaying that the Eastern parts of the Niger and SS have a large chunk of the most arable lands in Nigeria. There is nothing that can make a nation flourish that you won’t find there. Our spirit of enterprise and our inherent sense of ‘one world’ is the reason why we go to any part of the world and establish phenomenally, but I guess it’s time to put a check to that ‘sense’.

Travel, explore, establish, but at home first! If you want to build a 3-storey building in Lagos, make sure you have 2 sky scrapers somewhere in the east. You want to open a company, ensure that your administrative headquarters and core assets are in the east while outlets are in any other places. Whatever you do, think home first. That should be your mentality henceforth.

No amount of hatred, verbal bashing, or attacks can extinguish the enterprising and domineering spirit of an Igbo Man, and I know the best of that spirit is yet unseen.
I wish every Nigerian goodluck and until we begin to appreciate the peculiarities of a particular people and strive to live in peace with them, the term, “one Nigeria” might worsen and split.

But remember HOME FIRST! If we reciprocate the rate at which we invest in other lands to our own lands, in the next ten years, the eastern part of Nigeria will be fastest growing region in the world!

LET’S MAKE IT A PROJECT!

6 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Strongfaze(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good one. The Igbos suffer the most brain- drain in Nigeria. They should have a re-think for their own good instead of saying that Lagos is no man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Poverty in Nigeria

North West = 71.2%
North East = 72.2%
North central = 67%
South West = 43%
South South = 36.1%
South East = 26.7%

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/212244_poverty20level20in20Nigerian20zones-Punch20newspaper2020031_jpg41bdcb734786e57c46ab47dd1cbd99fd[/img]

9 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
drain ngeri?

4 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ikengawo:
Poverty in Nigeria

North West = 71.2%
North East = 72.2%
North central = 67%
South West = 43%
South South = 36.1%
South East = 26.7%

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/212244_poverty20level20in20Nigerian20zones-Punch20newspaper2020031_jpg41bdcb734786e57c46ab47dd1cbd99fd[/img]

When other states have to feed migrants from SS/SE, that contributes to their poverty rate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

When other states have to feed migrants from SS/SE, that contributes to their poverty rate.

Igbos Dominate Economically in Lagos because Yorubas are Lazy

Let me correct one untrained lazy facebook boy who derives joy in insulting our people(Hausa/Fulani) and the igbo people of Nigeria. He has been preaching hate against Hausa and igbo. "By 2030, Yorubas will become minority in Nigeria and even in South west as Igbos and Hausas have taken over all the business opportunities because the acclaimed native (Yoruba) are NATURALLY very lazy to their bones".

Its always sad when an entire tribe receives insult or their character unearthed due to the insanity of one individual who claimed to be their son, but might be fathered by unknown hired Niger Soldier during the Nigerian - Biafra civil war.

When Lagos was the capital of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani and igbos invested hugely in Lagos city. After the shift of Lagos as capital of Nigeria to Abuja, they took over the economy of Lagos from the British. From onset, Yorubas were only busy dancing Owanbe in the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.

Till date, their lazy bones couldn't allow them invest and assist the boost of Nigeria's economy.

Hausa and Igbos took over South west economy from British not from yorubas and its never by force or with arms but by economic skills and strategies built through progressive business mind. The Simple fact is that, they took over the economy because majority of yorubas are very lazy and few educated ones among them only want a white collor job where they will be accountants or useless lawyer for the Hausa and igbo rich men.

Let us specifically give some of these ignorant Yorubas commons sense analogue and idea about Igbos economic dominance and Hausa business and agricultural progresses.

Igbos did not see Yorubas in Benin republic to dominate the market there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Togo to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ghana to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ivory Coast to dominate economy there, eithier did Hausa see Yoruba before dominating Saudi Arabia, Niger and other part of the continent with their agricultural products and trades. Igbos did not see Yorubas in Nairobi Kenya before displacing Indians there to dominate their economy, Igbos did not see Yorubas in China to dominate all the shopping malls at Guangxillu in Guangzhuo China.

Hausa did not see Yoruba before dominating Money Exchange trade and gold businesses. This list may be endless. Igbos and Hausas/Fulani are very hard working Nigerians.

QUESTIONS

In what trade or fields are Yorubas famous?. What are their contribution to Nigeria economically?.

Average yoruba in Lagos state is a street taut or thug. Majority of dirty houses in Lagos are owned, and occupied by Yorubas. Big masions or companies in Lagos were own by Igbos and Hausa.

RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body;

74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).

Igbos and Hausa are not only living in Lagos. Igbos live in the east, in the north. Hausas live in the east, west and north like any igbo. Yorubas are very few in other part of the country. Their laziness never allow them go far. Of course, they can't go to Kano, Port Harcourt or Enugu to do Alaye job.

The problem here is that Igbos migrate more than others and they are been tagged criminals even caught Yoruba criminals most times claim Igbo.

Igbo are followed by Hausa, but Yorubas never migrate like them to have experience and see things for themselves. That's why Hausa and Igbos can make better united Nigeria. Though few Hausas can speak Igbo and Yoruba language, but majority of igbos speaks both Hausa and Yoruba very fluently.

While Yorubas hardly speak both. In some cases, very few yorubas in Military service speaks unclear Hausa language.

The true is the good migration among Nigerians and doing business or trading improves our nationality, unity and languages. It boost our economy too, but Lazy bones don't. They sit tight at home and gossips.

As America, Asia are dominated by Igbos, so as Saudi Arabia is dominated by Hausa, and they are all doing businesses there, and doing them well. They invest every where and in Nigeria.

UK is dominated by lazy Yorubas who do nothing there but claimed schooling while majority are just mere taxi drivers or plate and car washers for Westerner. When they can't feed their families with good job, they go on trafficking cocaine or coming back to Lagos where they will join their brothers on Area boys business collecting money or begging money from Hausa and igbo productive people.

As Hausas are interested in politics, so as Yorubas but the difference is that Hausas still do their businesses and farming; feeding the nation day and night, the Yorubas do nothing but follow politicians up and down and hang in the street of lagos for Agboro job. Their youths are always going around waiting when an Igbo or Hausa will buy Land or build house for them to walk with their lazy bones for what they call "Alaye. Fee". Which is more of begging or stupid claim to be owners of the land. Yorubas sell of there lands but leaves inside Lagoon or Canann where water flush them and there families away during raining seasons. They leave most in very smelling dirty places and most times their toilets is inside their cooking pots.

The igbos have left politics since 1967 and now only interested in boosting Nigerians economy with their wealth of experiences in trade, education, technology and science. Since we welcomed Democracy in Nigeria, they have not been politically wise or interested in politics.

If we know the igbos in Education, Trade, business, science and technology, and then know the Hausa/Fulanis in Trade, business, and agriculture, what can we say of the Yorubas? I bet Agboro, Owambe, taxi driver, bus conductors, tax collector and Alaye beggers(Area boys).

Most of my Niger friends who are doing businesses in Lagos complain how these Yoruba tauts disturb them daily. They even sometimes attack some of the Niger boys doing Security works in Lagos. Ahmad from Niger told me how these guys disturbed his other Niger friend selling Suya. They come every evening to eat his Suya forcefully and sometimes beats him if he do complain. He told me that his friend was provoked, then he planned for them one day. One evening these Yoruba boys came with their girl friends, forcefully eating his Suya worth 10,000 naira again, unfortunately, the Suya have been poised with Sleeping drug. So after sitting and eating while shouting, they all slept there, hopelessly till 1am. The four girls where gang raped severally till 4am by Niger boys who joined their brothers and the five boys were killed. And these Niger boys disappeared from Lagos back to their country.

Later, All Niger and Hausa within that street became target by the friends of these vicitims. Businesses were closed for two weeks in that street because of this and police keep patroling to maintain peace and order.

This is how we are loosing citizens and killing businesses. Yorubas must learn to address tautism, criminality, tribalism, thuggry, and laziness among their people.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/18144-igbos-dominate-economically-in-lagos-because-yorubas-are-lazy

[size=15pt]IF YORUBA WEREN'T LAZY THEY WOULD READ THIS ARTICLE AND REALIZE IT WAS WRITTEN BY A MAN FROM NIGER STATE. [/size]
But due to LAZINESS they the comments below me are crediting it to 'Igbos' and 'Massob' cool cool cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
@op well said,been saying the exact same thing since the beginning of time.
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

You are something else cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ikengawo:

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/18144-igbos-dominate-economically-in-lagos-because-yorubas-are-lazy

How do you dominate an economy with fake goods? And why should others be called lazy for not following the same path?

4 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by ezeagu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
Solid thread.
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
[size=18pt]RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body; [/size]

74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).

Who is independent body?

Where are these independent body located and how did they carry out their research?

Is independent body a group of MASSOBs member?

The trash Nigerians believe is beyond me.

3 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

How do you dominate an economy with fake goods? And why should others be called lazy for not following the same path?
because we sell them to fake people like your mother

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ikengawo:

And the website itself is scam. Try again.

When we talk business and investment, please use websites like Forbes. Not some MASSOBs website.

1 Like

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
I bet Igbos, if 50% of the investment they invest in other regions and abroad are done in the south east, 5 years is enough to change that zone drastically to the status of the most modern region in the world!

1 Like

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by coolitempa(f): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Destined2win:
I have been on this nairaland for quite some time and have seen the verbal vituperations of individuals on here which basically represent a chunk of the mindset of those that are not here. The Igbos have a domineering spirit which helps them conquer even a barren land, and I think this is divinely gifted. But only an unreal man would think that everybody is happy with his success.

I have come to see that in Nigeria, tribalism is a cankerworm, and it will need just a little more than a miracle to conquer that, but we can on our own part play the unity game well.
For instance, I was promoted in the office, and it so happened that I had to work with people from another tribe. Oh my! You needed to see gang up. Even people who didn’t work in that office were warning me about them including somebody from that tribe. What did I do?

They complain ‘say I dey carry work for head’, because I try to work and prove a point. In a few weeks, all what it took them years to know and the ones they didn’t know, I was learning them so fast! They resorted to tarnishing my image, but who cares.

People will call you names but make sure you are not what they call you! I conquered them by being myself and even extending a hand of friendship by freeing my mind from hate and envy which is an excuse for mediocrity and the spirit of enterprise!
The Igbo spirit is the spirit of a conqueror! But it is unfortunate that some Nigerians from other parts of the country misunderstand this fact and I’m sure that perception will not change anytime soon.

It is no gainsaying that the Eastern parts of the Niger and SS have a large chunk of the most arable lands in Nigeria. There is nothing that can make a nation flourish that you won’t find there. Our spirit of enterprise and our inherent sense of ‘one world’ is the reason why we go to any part of the world and establish phenomenally, but I guess it’s time to put a check to that ‘sense’.

Travel, explore, establish, but at home first! If you want to build a 3-storey building in Lagos, make sure you have 2 sky scrapers somewhere in the east. You want to open a company, ensure that your administrative headquarters and core assets are in the east while outlets are in any other places. Whatever you do, think home first. That should be your mentality henceforth.

No amount of hatred, verbal bashing, or attacks can extinguish the enterprising and domineering spirit of an Igbo Man, and I know the best of that spirit is yet unseen.
I wish every Nigerian goodluck and until we begin to appreciate the peculiarities of a particular people and strive to live in peace with them, the term, “one Nigeria” might worsen and split.

But remember HOME FIRST! If we reciprocate the rate at which we invest in other lands to our own lands, in the next ten years, the eastern part of Nigeria will be fastest growing region in the world!

LET’S MAKE IT A PROJECT!

I am in agreement with this project.....pls make it fast...n.. just back...the rest of 9jeria is tired of u... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ikengawo:

because we sell them to fake people like your mother

Says the boy whose mother is as fake as the goods she's selling to her street customers.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Destined2win: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
Strongfaze:
Good one. The Igbos suffer the most brain- drain in Nigeria. They should have a re-think for their own good instead of saying that Lagos is no man's land.
Whatever you mean by 'brain drain'

We will continue to invest in other lands, but this time 90% will be going to the east!

1 Like

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ikengawo: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Says the boy whose mother is as fake as the goods she's selling to her street customers.
oohh good one.
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Destined2win: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
coolitempa:

I am in agreement with this project.....pls make it fast...n.. just back...the rest of 9jeria is tired of u... grin grin

Well I guess the 'rest of Nigeria' means u and your likes who are up against a people because they are blessed!

Who God has blessed, no one can curse!
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Ilekeh(f): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
More on this website

Fake website written by an Igbo Yoruba-hater.

Nigerians need to stop believing everything they read about Igbo investment in Lagos.....which may not even be up to 25%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by kay1one2(m): 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Na the op lineage get craze!

1 Like

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by kayode27: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
OP
Do yourself a favor and get a job grin
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by AgentOfAllah: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Destined2win:

LET’S MAKE IT A PROJECT!

OP, Dangote and the other rich people of Africa, including the Igbos on that list, you know what they have in common? It's got nothing to do with their tribe. Go and listen to their interviews, they never mention their tribes. They talk about their innate self-determination and drive for success. These traits are more likely individual characteristics than tribal ones. It's not about being Igbo or Kanuri or Itshekiri or Ibibio. It's about what you as a person has to offer.

Of course, you can choose to isolate the successful Igbos and exude a misplaced sense of entitlement and monopoly over domineering and conquering spirit, but you will merely be celebrating the success of other people, not yours, however entitled you feel or however much you feel that success belongs to you due to tribal affiliations. YOUR TRIBE IS AN ACCIDENT OF BIRTH. Everybody's is, because no one chose their tribe! But your success and what you make of your life is your personal achievement. Success has no tribe, recognises no creed, respects no opinion. So feel free to keep defending the circumstantiality of tribal allegiance.

If you're truly a conqueror as you claim, then please conquer your pointless boastful arrogance, then we might believe you. It's not by Making noise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
kayode27:
OP
Do yourself a favor and get a job grin

Yea bro, thanks! I have a job and a work too!

If you read what I wrote, you will see that.
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by AgentOfAllah: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Who is independent body?

Where are these independent body located and how did they carry out their research?

Is independent body a group of MASSOBs member?

The trash Nigerians believe is beyond me.

Ilekeh, by engaging these social misfits on the basis of their tribal background (noise), you begin to sound more and more like them. I happen to know a lot of Igbos who are humble, hardworking and respectful people. These tribal warriors on Nairaland do not represent the majority of Igbos, however much they wish to project themselves as the chief-spokespersons of Ndiigbo. I am sure like me, you know a lot of good Igbo people too. Let us engage each other as individual humans, not as primitive tribal warriors. Show these guys their woeful folly without having to stoop to their pathetic level.

4 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

OP, Dangote and the other rich people of Africa, including the Igbos on that list, you know what they have in common? It's got nothing to do with their tribe. Go and listen to their interviews, they never mention their tribes. They talk about their innate self-determination and drive for success. These traits are more likely individual characteristics than tribal ones. It's not about being Igbo or Kanuri or Itshekiri or Ibibio. It's about what you as a person has to offer.

Of course, you can choose to isolate the successful Igbos and exude a misplaced sense of entitlement and monopoly over domineering and conquering spirit, but you will merely be celebrating the success of other people, not yours, however entitled you feel or however much you feel that success belongs to you due to tribal affiliations. YOUR TRIBE IS AN ACCIDENT OF BIRTH. Everybody's is, because no one chose their tribe! But your success and what you make of your life is your personal achievement. Success has no tribe, recognises no creed, respects no opinion. So feel free to keep defending the circumstantiality of tribal allegiance.

If you're truly a conqueror as you claim, then please conquer your pointless boastful arrogance, then we might believe you. It's not by Making noise.

Good one I must say, but what happens when you try to establish anywhere in the world, only for those people to rise against you because you are successful because as far as I can see, there is really nothing the igbos have done that wrong to give others sleepless nights. NOW, GET IT STRAIGHT THAT NO TRIBE IS AN ACCIDENT OF BIRTH! We are individuals created by same God but with peculiar gifts and abilities.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Twistaray(m): 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sheath your swords Hahahahaha, what a joke . Why don't you bring out your arsenals and make war if you're so certain of winning. With a few exceptions, the majority of ibos leaders keep making political miscalculations both in federal and state levels that hinder their progress as a people, and then blame everybody else but themselves when the consequences of their choices come into play. Yorubas might be friendly but they aren't stüpid; they might be patient but they are deadly - as deadly as a venomous belcher’s sea snake. Mess with this tribe at your own peril. So it is now they know that they have economic interests and assets in Lagos worth protecting, yet always eager to disrupt the fragile political and social status quo in place that begets a peaceful and prosperous coexistence. Is this not self-sabotage? Do you think for a moment the Yorubas are blind to the subtle and tactical aim for a gradual takeover of Lagos State the Ibos are planning and acting out? No, the Yorubas have x-ray vision in this case and can see your plans to the bones. It's just right now the sensible Yoruba leaders are still busy with clearing out the "omoale" leaders (as they call it) from their zones and building a solid political foundation for a brighter future for the Yoruba region and its people. Once they are through (and they are almost through), then the ibos case will be opened and addressed thoroughly. What is happening right now that the Yorubas seem to "overlook" certain anomalistic behavior of the ibos is best described by their idiom that says "Iya yin owa ninu cooler" - hope I got it right. That is, your punishment is still inside the cooler; and you will eat it hot in due time, unless there's a change.

Lagos State is a very complex society, it is like the New York of America; and every tribe in Nigeria have significant populations in Lagos. Whether it is Binis, Hausas, Ijaws, Idomas, Itshekiris, calabars...or whether peoples from Warri, makurdi, maiduguri, Kabba and other places etc! Lagos State as a society is a perfect microcosm of the totality of the Nigerian society at large. However, it has become commonplace for only the ibos (who subconsciously due to the unfortunate civil war continue to see the Yorubas as their social, economic and political enemies) to want to rigorously compete against the Yorubas as if a battle for conquest and Lagos State is one of the spoils of war. That's why you can already witness the ibos designating Lagos as a "no-mans land" on one hand; but yet on other hand methodically trying to take over the so-called no-man's land. This is totally wrong and unacceptable. Lagos state can never be converted to Ibo land, not now and not in a trillion years from now. Every Nigerian tribe I believe have a part of the land no matter how small that is theirs or rather they are the custodians of due to ancestry, conquest or what have you. But the era of conquests is over and no individual tribe has the moral or legal right, or political might to encroach or seize another tribe's accustomed lands. Only the federal government can further share lands to/from tribes as they see fit, and even with all the federal might this can't be done with impunity anymore because fortunately for everyone the era of military rule is over. No federal government will ever share Lagos to any tribe other than Yorubas. It is their inheritance in Nigeria. The ibo inhabitants in Lagos need to understand this: Lagos was, is and always will be a Yoruba State. So the earlier you drop your scheming of "conquering" Lagos, the better for you.

Now, regarding taxation and the DEVELOPMENT of Lagos State, many ibos keep making erroneous claims. They say stuff like: without ibos Lagos State would not have developed the way it has; ibos pay the most taxes; ibos built Lagos; Lagos can't survive without ibos...blah blah blah! Seeing how far this fallacy is spreading, it's best the matter is addressed for the sake of clarity and peace. First off, taxation of businesses and individuals in Lagos State isn't peculiar or exclusive to ibos alone. Everyone pays tax, irrespective of tribe - heck, even Yorubas pay tax and are not exempted. The Lagos State government doesn't have a discriminating taxation policy. Its tax policy is blind to tribe. Ibos don't pay more than everybody else and Yorubas don't pay less that everybody else. The tax percentages are at fixed rates. If we're talking about "amount" of taxes being generated on a tribal basis, unless you're the accountant general of Lagos State, it remains arguable which tribe brings in the highest percentage of taxes. Quantity doesn't necessarily translate to bigger amounts. For example, one company's tax returns in VI can be greater than the tax returns of 100,000 businesses tax returns in Oshodi and Agege combined. So tax revenues can't be estimated based on "quantity" of businesses. Therefore, because there is a proliferation of businesses by ibos across Lagos doesn't necessarily mean or translate that ibos are the largest contributors of taxes. Also, taxes aren't collected along tribal lines; so it will be really difficult for any tribe to indisputably PROVE that they are the largest tax contributors. All the noise ibos keep making claiming to be the ones are unfounded assumptions originating from the most unrealistic parts of their figments of imagination. They have no documented facts with figures from the Lagos state government to legitimize such false claims. It just might be the Hausas, Binis, Ijaws or some other tribe - who knows!

As for development, whether economic and social, Lagos state even before it became a federal capital has always been thriving and prosperous. This is one of the major reasons Lagos later was selected to be a federal capital in the first place. It was an exceptionally promising state booming with exponential economic and social development potential vital for Nigeria's nation building. Lagos wasn't selected out of the blues or by raffle draw to become the federal capital. It was political genius to have done so. I can't dwell so much on this and anyone in doubt can look through the established history books and educate themselves. Development is progressive; it never stops or isn't meant to stop. After Lagos became a Federal capital, the development continued. After it lost that status, the development still continued and federal capital or no federal capital, one thing you could never strip from Lagos State is its super-economic potential. It was a state destined for greatness and nothing could stop it. Economically speaking, Lagos State was like the hand of Midas and everything that touches it turns to gold. To make money, isn't that the foremost reason all tribes have migrated to Lagos? Can't money be made elsewhere? Yes, but certainly not at the speed and success rate Lagosians seem to do it in Lagos. The economic potential was what brought the ibos to Lagos - it's all about coming to make money! Yes, just like everybody else that came, the ibos came to make money and make a life. Now that they have done so, the rest of the tribes can't rest again because the ibos feel they have arrived and arrogantly act as if they now own the state forgetting they met people here when they came. Ibos weren't the first tribe to prosper in Lagos, and ibos won't be the last; ibos aren't the first billionaires in Lagos, and ibos won't be the last. So why all the braggadocious display of economic arrogance towards other tribes, especially your hosts? Dangote (a billionaire in $$$$$) lives in Lagos and a considerable chunk of his business empire is in Lagos but he's not making noise and disturbing the peace in the land, so why must the ibos be harassing others and causing commotion just because they have attained some measure of wealth and every other tribe in Lagos should bow to you. It will never happen. This arrogant character has to stop. No one is intimidated by the ibos wealth because as far as Lagos is concerned, there are wealthy people from all tribes living there. Now, some more history, ibos didn't bring money to Lagos; rather they came to make money from Lagos. And ibos did, some legally and some illegally. Regarding taxes, whatever monies paid to the Lagos government wasn't made in Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, or Umuahia etc. It was made in Lagos and through Lagos. So it's only reasonable and proper that the taxes due be remitted to Lagos. If ibos are paying tens of billions naira in taxes to Lagos, then it's because they have already made hundreds of billions naira. And this is the same for all other tribes, so why are the ibos making a big deal out of this as if they're doing what nobody else is doing in Lagos. Businesses only pay taxes based on what you earn in the state and through the state. You don't pay what you didn't earn. So why are ibos talking as if the taxes they pay to Lagos was earned in Onitsha and they were compelled by the government to bring the money to Lagos; wasn't it earned in Lagos?

Regarding the social development of Lagos, did ibos develop Lagos? No! The ibos developed themselves. The ibos didn't build Lagos roads, bridges, schools, rail, or other public infrastructure. Who built all these? The federal and state governments using national and state resources respectively. So am I saying the ibos built nothing in Lagos? No, i'm not. Then what exactly did the ibos build in Lagos? Well, the ibos built THEIR homes, built THEIR houses, built THEIR businesses...etc! So essentially, the ibos built themselves in Lagos - no more, no less. You didn't build for Lagos, you built for yourselves in Lagos, same thing with other tribes, but the ibos keep talking blindly as if they are charity and what they built was handed over to society. Now you might want to say, What of the taxes they paid, didn't the government use taxpayers money to develop Lagos? Well, ibos are not the only ones who paid taxes. Hausas, ijaws, igallas, idomas, binis, urobos...also did too! Every tribe paid taxes in Lagos, heck even foreigners too. But yet, it's only the ibos making silly noise that they developed Lagos. This childish stupidity is annoying, and you should grow up mentally. If ibos built houses, you built it so that you can enjoy; if you built businesses, you built it so that you can enjoy...and so on! You built yourselves in Lagos, you didn't build Lagos. You developed yourselves in Lagos, you didn't develop Lagos. Lagos State is a natural economic magnet attracting investments from investors locally and globally. Those who bring in money are bringing in money to make more money or other benefits - and not for charity. There's always something to gain from Lagos. If all ibos and ibos assets were to be relocated from Lagos to the SE, would it destroy the Lagos economy? No, not in any way in reality. That "vacuum" (whether properties or investments) created will be filled almost instantly. As it is, there are thousands upon thousands of people rushing to get here daily, and millions more (both locals and foreigners) would come settle here if such a vacuum existed. Lagos is already in shortage of lands and many settlement projects are being built on the seas, like the Eko Atlantic city. I could go on but even this is enough to prove the versatility of the economic prosperity of the land flowing with milk and honey called Lagos state. For several years, the OBJ administration deprived Lagos of federal funds, yet Lagos didn't even feel it one bit. Lagos is a hub of prosperity on its own, take it or leave it. So the ibos shouldn't get it twisted, Lagos will continue to prosper with or without you. Nigeria needs the ibos and the ibos need Nigeria. But Lagos doesn't need the ibos; it's the ibos that need Lagos. Now stop creating any more conflict drama in Lagos than you already have and appreciate your hosts and other tribes. If the ibos are disgusted about paying taxes to Lagos and coexisting peacefully with mutual respect for the Yorubas hosts and other tribes inhabiting Lagos, then well the South East needs further development, the South East governments need taxes too to perform their obligations, so you're free to go to your home states and do the needful.
grin

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/18144-igbos-dominate-economically-in-lagos-because-yorubas-are-lazy[/quote]

And i quote:

3 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Twistaray(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Destined2win:

LET’S MAKE IT A PROJECT!

“Most Igbos say they are the people that developed Lagos and made Lagos what it is today. They say without Igbos, Lagos is finished. And i keep on wondering, how has Igbos helped in shaping and developing Lagos?Lets get the facts right, Igbos didn't develop Lagos, rather, it was Lagos that shaped and made the Igbos what they are today. Without igbos in Lagos, Lagos will remain Lagos and without Lagos, most Igbos may likely be nothing.“Reasons for my assertion is that most giant and top companies that attracts millions of people across the country to Lagos are not owned by the Igbos, so, how has Igbos shaped and developed Lagos?These are the achievements and economic advancement Igbos gave Lagos and Lagosians; tokunbo and fake spare parts at Ladipo Market, China Electronics and pirated CDs at Alaba market, bend-down select clothes at Idumota,yaba and katangowa market, Chinese and tokunbo computers accessories and Fake phones at Computer village Ikeja; are Igbos economical achievement and contribution to Lagos. In fact, most Igbos are causing nuissance in Lagos. A visit to this markets will tell you the amount of nuissance that most Igbos has caused in Lagos. The environments these Igbos traders are mostly populated are always polluted with waste of all sorts, they are dirty,stinking,rough, Attention of illegal shops on the road,on the pipeline and railway lines are encouraged in this market places that causes traffic gridlock and other dangerous acts and when Lagos state government dismantle these illegal shops, they get angry, if Lagos state government close their shops for environmental violation, they pick offence. How then has the Igbos developed Lagos?

As far as am concerned, PZ, COCA-COLA, 7UP, CADBURY, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT, DANGOTE, SHOP-RITES, GOLDEN PENNY, FLOUR MILL, INDOMIE, UNILEVER, P&G, CHI LIMITED, GUINNESS, NIGERIA BREWERIES, OANDO, CONOIL, TOTAL, MOBIL, CHEVRON, SHELL, AQUADANA, KFC, EKO HOTEL, INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, PROTEA HOTEL,ORIENTAL HOTEL,JULIUS BERGER, RCC CONSTRUCTION, NESTLE, KPMG, GSK, FRISLAND FOOD, WAMCO, BRITISH AMERICA TOBACCO, FLOUR MILL, SCHLUBEGER, AIT, SILVERBIRD TV, CHANNELS TV, LARFARGE,AVIS,CECC etc are not owned by the Igbos. These companies are what attracted millions of people to Lagos.
Igbos shouldn't lay claim that they develop a place by becoming a nuisance. Most of the top churches in Lagos are not also owned by the Igbos. House on the Rock, Redeem, Christ Embassy, Deeper life, living faith, MFM, etc are not owned by Igbos, the only church owned by an Igbo man is TREM, while another Igbo church Lord Chosen church encourage nuissance in Lagos and its also dubbed as the dirtiest church in Lagos.Records shows that 75% of robbery cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 85% of ritual cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of drug cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 70% of fraud cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 90% of pirated CDs in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of fake and Adulterated drugs in Lagos that has killed thousands of Lagosians are carried out by Igbos, in fact, most of the crimes in Lagos are related to the Igbos so how has Igbos developed Lagos when they can't get their hands off crimes?There is no Igbo man among the top three richest people in Nigeria, so how are they successful?The truth is that the Igbos should be grateful that the Yorubas accommodated them in Lagos peacefully, they shouldn't take the Meekness and kindness of the Yorubas for granted.Igbos didn't make Lagos but its actually Lagos that made Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by AgentOfAllah: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Good one I must say, but what happens when you try to establish anywhere in the world, only for those people to rise against you because you are successful because as far as I can see, there is really nothing the igbos have done that wrong to give others sleepless nights. NOW, GET IT STRAIGHT THAT NO TRIBE IS AN ACCIDENT OF BIRTH! We are individuals created by same God but with peculiar gifts and abilities.

Every successful person has their traducers and detractors. What's important is to keep your aim on your target and don't get drawn into the distractions.

My dear friend, people will attack your tribe, or your religion, or your friends, or even your family name to bring you down. You mustn't get drawn in because that is what they want. They think the worst of you and expect you to prove their thinking right. The best way to deal with such people is to disarm them by making them feel foolish and insignificant probably by ignoring them, or even showing them more love than they deserve... Is it not in the Bible that you show love, even to your enemies and detractors?

Unless you can prove to me that you chose to be born as a bona-fide member of your tribe, I insist that your tribe is an accident of birth. Although, we all have peculiar gifts and abilities, on this point I agree, but this is not because of your tribe, it is because of YOU!
Re: Solution To The Igbo 'craze'! by Twistaray(m): 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Same question we've been asking this lousy tribe oo

:
“Most Igbos say they are the people that developed Lagos and made Lagos what it is today. They say without Igbos, Lagos is finished. And i keep on wondering, how has Igbos helped in shaping and developing Lagos?Lets get the facts right, Igbos didn't develop Lagos, rather, it was Lagos that shaped and made the Igbos what they are today. Without igbos in Lagos, Lagos will remain Lagos and without Lagos, most Igbos may likely be nothing.“Reasons for my assertion is that most giant and top companies that attracts millions of people across the country to Lagos are not owned by the Igbos, so, how has Igbos shaped and developed Lagos?These are the achievements and economic advancement Igbos gave Lagos and Lagosians; tokunbo and fake spare parts at Ladipo Market, China Electronics and pirated CDs at Alaba market, bend-down select clothes at Idumota,yaba and katangowa market, Chinese and tokunbo computers accessories and Fake phones at Computer village Ikeja; are Igbos economical achievement and contribution to Lagos. In fact, most Igbos are causing nuissance in Lagos. A visit to this markets will tell you the amount of nuissance that most Igbos has caused in Lagos. The environments these Igbos traders are mostly populated are always polluted with waste of all sorts, they are dirty,stinking,rough, Attention of illegal shops on the road,on the pipeline and railway lines are encouraged in this market places that causes traffic gridlock and other dangerous acts and when Lagos state government dismantle these illegal shops, they get angry, if Lagos state government close their shops for environmental violation, they pick offence. How then has the Igbos developed Lagos?

As far as am concerned, PZ, COCA-COLA, 7UP, CADBURY, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, ETISALAT, DANGOTE, SHOP-RITES, GOLDEN PENNY, FLOUR MILL, INDOMIE, UNILEVER, P&G, CHI LIMITED, GUINNESS, NIGERIA BREWERIES, OANDO, CONOIL, TOTAL, MOBIL, CHEVRON, SHELL, AQUADANA, KFC, EKO HOTEL, INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, PROTEA HOTEL,ORIENTAL HOTEL,JULIUS BERGER, RCC CONSTRUCTION, NESTLE, KPMG, GSK, FRISLAND FOOD, WAMCO, BRITISH AMERICA TOBACCO, FLOUR MILL, SCHLUBEGER, AIT, SILVERBIRD TV, CHANNELS TV, LARFARGE,AVIS,CECC etc are not owned by the Igbos. These companies are what attracted millions of people to Lagos.
Igbos shouldn't lay claim that they develop a place by becoming a nuisance. Most of the top churches in Lagos are not also owned by the Igbos. House on the Rock, Redeem, Christ Embassy, Deeper life, living faith, MFM, etc are not owned by Igbos, the only church owned by an Igbo man is TREM, while another Igbo church Lord Chosen church encourage nuissance in Lagos and its also dubbed as the dirtiest church in Lagos.Records shows that 75% of robbery cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 85% of ritual cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of drug cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 70% of fraud cases in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 90% of pirated CDs in Lagos are carried out by Igbos, 60% of fake and Adulterated drugs in Lagos that has killed thousands of Lagosians are carried out by Igbos, in fact, most of the crimes in Lagos are related to the Igbos so how has Igbos developed Lagos when they can't get their hands off crimes?There is no Igbo man among the top three richest people in Nigeria, so how are they successful?The truth is that the Igbos should be grateful that the Yorubas accommodated them in Lagos peacefully, they shouldn't take the Meekness and kindness of the Yorubas for granted.Igbos didn't make Lagos but its actually Lagos that made Igbos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Hails Minister Of Transportation For Flagging Off Portharcourt-Aba Railway / 3-month Pregnant Doctor Backs Her Sick Baby While Performing CS On Pregnant Lady / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Finally Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.