Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari (1259 Views)

"I am A Broke Old Man" - Obasanjo tells Lady on Live Video / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / 9 Things Nigerians Expect From President Buhari In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Franchise21(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has urged the President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to realize that Nigerians are expecting a lot from him when he eventually takes over power May 29.
Mr. Obasanjo is currently in Sudan as an AU observer in the country’s presidential election.
PREMIUM TIMES spoke to him, Wednesday, on Mr. Buhari’s victory.
Mr. Obasanjo said he was not ready to “say too much” about the election but noted that Nigerians have passed a message to the retired general by asking for change.
“Nigerians have done what needed to be done,” he said.
He also called “what has happened” Phase 1. He said Phase 2 would be how the new government establishes itself.
“Everybody needs to know that expectations are high,” he said.
Mr. Obasanjo wrote a letter to Mr. Buhari after the latter was declared winner of the election and asked the president-elect to pay more attention to institutional reforms in Nigeria.
Mr. Obasanjo said Nigeria had been unnecessarily over-heated before and during the campaigns and divisive tendencies were openly displayed.
He urged Mr. Buhari to “heal” the wounds following the intense electioneering campaigns.
Mr. Obasanjo particularly asked Mr. Buhari to give the Nigerian Military a cursory look and return it to the path of professionalism.
“I know that in victory, you will be magnanimous to start binding the wounds and bitterness occasioned by the campaign and the evil disciples,” Mr. Obasanjo had said in the letter.
“With so much harm already done to many national institutions, in lauding the military, which proudly nurtured you and me, you will have a lot to do on institution reform, education, healthcare, economy, infrastructure, power, youth employment, agribusiness, oil and gas, external affairs, cohesiveness of our nation and ridding our land of corruption. Your varied and wide experience will undoubtedly stand you in good stead.”
Although, Mr. Obasanjo, who recently tore his Peoples Democratic Party membership card, has not joined Mr. Buhari’s party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, many Nigerians believe he voted for the former head of state in the March 28 presidential election.
Mr. Obasanjo was instrumental to the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as president, but fell out with Mr. Jonathan after the president declared his intention to run for a second term.
Mr. Obasanjo consistently claimed that Mr. Jonathan promised to remain in power for a single term before handing over to someone from northern Nigeria.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181505-nigerians-expect-a-lot-from-you-obasanjo-tells-buhari.html
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by GboyegaD(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
That we all know and so does the world.
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
The motor park tou-t must be silently waiting for the illi-terate to flop so that he can release controversial letters that make him relevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by HzRF(m): 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obj is just tryna say
I,ibb+ former head of states presently + d rich
AKA Nigeria expect so much from u
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
My expectation is over-high... Little wonder I'm addicted to NL these days. GMB, pls don't cut short our expectations.
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by darnley16(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Bloody ape , why didn't you do it when you had the chance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
GMB will surely outperform all his predecessors put together because he has the political will which they all lacked.
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:
GMB will surely outperform all his predecessors put together because he has the political will which they all lacked.

I don't disagree!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by SHARIAREPORTERS: 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whoz obasanjo
D man shld be an old g o a t
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by jascon1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nigeria expects GMB to retrieve all our money he embezzled
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Dannyset(m): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Baba should also not lord Ministers on GMB. With that, I trust my General to rise up to the occasion. He is a performing man. Nigerians expectations won't be cut short.
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by chymystique(f): 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
Is Obj not tired of writing letters and giving out advice that no one seeked from him... He had 8yrs to make a differenCe in Nigeria but he didnt do much... Yea, Nigerians expeCts more than a lot frm GMB and even a corpse knows that. He should leave GMB alone let him get inaugrated first and shouldnt distraCt him cause he has lots of promises to fufil... Pls go take a chill pill saint OBJ, when your adviCe is needed you will be Consulted.
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Franchise21(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
chymystique:
Is Obj not tired of writing letters and giving out advice that no one seeked from him... He had 8yrs to make a differenCe in Nigeria but he didnt do much... Yea, Nigerians expeCts more than a lot frm GMB and even a corpse knows that. He should leave GMB alone let him get inaugrated first and shouldnt distraCt him cause he has lots of promises to fufil... Pls go take a chill pill saint OBJ, when your adviCe is needed you will be Consulted.
His advice ain't needed cos he did nothing in 8yrs
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
OBJ and his sickness of PERENNIAL RELEVANCE! !!!
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
For sure. Don't mind those people that didn't vote for you and their letters. We don't expect miracles but we expect great improvement. Infact the greatest leadership since 1999
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:15am On Apr 16, 2015
dearpreye:

I don't disagree!

Good!
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Good!

I'm a patriot! I want the best for this nation. Elections are over; campaigns are ended.

It's time for patriotism!
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by englishmart(m): 6:29am On Apr 16, 2015
Obasanjo should better shut the f up.
Buhari has told you he's not a miracle worker.

Pls. Don't interfere in his government ....
Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:36am On Apr 16, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm a patriot! I want the best for this nation. Elections are over; campaigns are ended.

It's time for patriotism!

Now you have a new admirer in me. That has always been my stand.

In as much as I am an ardent believer in GMB, I am equally ready to criticize his policies and administration constructively.

After all, it is for the good of our nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Now you have a new admirer in me. That has always been my stand.

In as much as I am an ardent believer in GMB, I am equally ready to criticize his policies and administration constructively.

After all, it is for the good of our nation.

Thank you!

GMB will most assuredly do well; he's totally aware of the mountainous expectations the masses have on you: that should be enough to motivate him to perform well.

For now, we wait, watch, and expect the BEST.

It's all about the good of the common man ( though I hate using that term)!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Expect A Lot From You, Obasanjo Tells Buhari by lanrefront1(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Obasanjo deserves a doctorate degree in hypocrisy. The man is a bloody hypocrite; always demanding or expecting what he will not do from others.

He should keep quiet. And I think GMB should tactically put it at an arm's length.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Deserves Nobel Peace Prize, Says Audu / Is Poverty Natural Or Man-made / Gbajabiamila And Doganra Emmarge As Speaker Of The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.